The defender side in Frontline is unbalanced

defender defense defender side Frontline unbalanced why?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Mikanoid #21 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2647 battles
  • [_PLPL] _PLPL
I've had wins and losses on both sides, but I do think the attacker has "an" advantage, just not as big as youre claiming

But what I have noticed is that most teams just try to play a sniping match across the cap, when the best results seem to be obtained when the defender pushes forwards right at the start (and does well) then keeps the attackers pinned to the beach and away from the first repair location

This is more prevalent with zone B, where rushing right to the hill above the cap means that only a really aggresive defender will stop the cap in time, and I think that zone B is by far the hardest cap to defend if you stay north of the cap and try to defend it cautiously 

And once zone B is captures that group can then flank A and C for fast caps there which then gives them quicker cap times on D, E and F

Its also not helped by groups in a particular zone not bothering to help defend nieghbouring zones with scouts, artillery and air strikes as much as they could, almost treating each zone as a seperate game without realising that losing a nieghbouring zone impacts on them just as much as the players in that zone in the overall game

BSHDBCG #22 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5813 battles

The first day or two only the defenders won... as expected. Then things started to even out and in the end it worked towards attackers having the advantage.

Basically map knowledge works better towards the attackers advantage, than the defenders.

That is why WG said they had booster the defending positions a bit for this years FL, but was it enough though?

DeadLecter #23 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27561 battles
Defender side is definitely weaker, however, saying you have never won as defender is a bit of exaggeration. You are more likely to win as attacker than defender but, your credit and XP income won't be that different no matter the result of the battle. Do as much damage you can for XP and credit and help in capping/defending for reaching higher ranks.
My guess as to why defenders have such a hard time defending is that Enginereeing reserve is way too OP. It reduces cap time by a huge margin and if 3 guys with that perk jump in the cap circle, they can cap in under 30 seconds. The defending side has no time to do anything. The Artillery and Air strike take 4~5 minutes to be activated and the only way to reset the cap is to kill the attackers and shooting simply just blocks that person for a couple seconds. With the design of the zones, most of the time, defending the cap circle means getting killed and lots of people simply don't want that. Zone A is hard to cap if defenders are doing a good job. B is impossible to defend, C is the easiest to def. Once A and B go down, D and E follow quickly and the while the defenders realize that the main objectives have been reached they abandon C and go to defend Objs and that is when the attackers cap C and F and then they have lots of time and 3 objectives to destroy. 90% of the battles happen this way. And capping is super easy when a bunch of guys with Enginereeing reserve are doing it.

HassenderZerhacker #24 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostOreH75, on 19 February 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

It is historically accurate the attackers in Normandy won, so well done one that one for WG.

ummm... attackers outnumbered defenders about 20 to 1

in frontline, the problem is mostly that there are too few places offering cover for the lower front plate.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 20 February 2019 - 11:09 AM.

Jahpero #25 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:16 AM

• 9856 battles
  • [N00T] N00T
Hello everyone, 

I moved this thread to the brand new section: "
Frontlines"

Have a good day ! :honoring:
Jahpero

BlackBloodBandit #26 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2927 battles

View PostMisha_is_the_best, on 16 February 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

The defender side is just so stupid to play on. I wouldnt doubt if i would have a 0 percent win ratio on it ( ive also played last time the Frontline mode was) and a 100 percent win ration on the attacker side. it just seems like the attackers have idiot proof time to win. Ive literaly never managed to win on the defender side. WG pls nerf the time

I've lost enough on both sides. It has nothing to do with attacking side being as you said "idiot proof". I've had enough games where we didn't even win more then ABC and the team got stuck because everyone was too lazy to attack. I've also won several times as defender.

Naive #27 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1269 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 19 February 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

It is as pointed out above, all down to map awareness - but if you're not dead and are stomping tanks then why should you move or suicide from the sector you're in?

No idea how to solve that one.

The caps aren't balanced and neither are the guns:

A is easy to attack, D is easy to attack.  

B is easy to defend. E is easy to attack. 

C is easy to attack. F is easy to defend.

An idea, perhaps make A,B & C easy to attack but D, E & F much harder. 

That way you could get further inside the map (to stop frustration) and allow free movement between the zones (and flanking) to assist either in attack or defence.

:amazed:

Are we playing the same game? So in your mind A&C are easy to attack, while B is easy to defend? Eh?

C offers absolutely no cover for the attacker and is by far the hardest to attack and the one that the most spawn camping usually happens.
A is somewhere in the middle, although its easier to capture if you take one flank, since you can get some cover from on side.

B is by far the easiest to capture, since it offers protection from almost everywhere. The defending team basically almost has to yolo in if there's a cap going on. If the team isn't braindead they can pick them off when they do it.

As for D, E and F they aren't that easy to attack, usually the problem is people defending way too back, that's why F is hard to take. People just camp on the ledge and can shoot anything driving in and the small house doesn't really offer a lot of protection.
E and D have to be defended infront or around the cap, not from the back.

Honestly making them easier to defend would only mean that defense would have a massive advantage. 30 random players having to coordinate? Yeah no. Its not like you don't have IS3 "sniping" from the back already.

Mikanoid #28 Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2647 battles
  • [_PLPL] _PLPL

View PostNaive, on 20 February 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

:amazed:

Are we playing the same game? So in your mind A&C are easy to attack, while B is easy to defend? Eh?

C offers absolutely no cover for the attacker and is by far the hardest to attack and the one that the most spawn camping usually happens.
A is somewhere in the middle, although its easier to capture if you take one flank, since you can get some cover from on side.

B is by far the easiest to capture, since it offers protection from almost everywhere. The defending team basically almost has to yolo in if there's a cap going on. If the team isn't braindead they can pick them off when they do it.

As for D, E and F they aren't that easy to attack, usually the problem is people defending way too back, that's why F is hard to take. People just camp on the ledge and can shoot anything driving in and the small house doesn't really offer a lot of protection.
E and D have to be defended infront or around the cap, not from the back.

Honestly making them easier to defend would only mean that defense would have a massive advantage. 30 random players having to coordinate? Yeah no. Its not like you don't have IS3 "sniping" from the back already.

Yeah I thought that lol, maybe he meant "defend" from the attackers perspective, then it would make sense

After all if youre the attacker and move into the cap you are then "defending" it

So that would make sense as A and C are fairly open and are hard to "defend" when your the attacker, whereas B has a mountain right in front of the cap hiding it from most of the map and a house to the left giving some hard cover so from the attackers perspective B is easy for the attacker to defend, whilst A and C are easy for the defender to "attack"

What amazes me though is how few people seem to change their play to suit the mode

Winning or losing is quite irrelevant, in fact its better to drag a game out as long as you can and LOSE than it is to win quickly, because then you get longer to move up the rankings, and the rankings more you up the tiers faster

Very few people seem to even think about helping out neighbouring caps whether defending or attacking and seem to treat their own line of zones likes its a separate game in and of itself, when in the early game especially the arty often has better shots on the other caps for defence or attack than the one in that particular zone, especially with B

But you will often see cap A and C being capped whilst the defending B arty is hitting tanks in their own line when the cap isn't even under threat and similar signs of players just not really paying attention to the game as a whole

It did seem to get better towards the end, and hopefully it might improve with each stage of the event, but time will tell

Tyzmo #29 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9121 battles
Personally i think they are balanced. I won about 50% of Defender games and about 75% attacking. The problem is not balance but rather awareness. People don't know how to play to defend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users