Frontline, make it permanent!

frontline wot world of tanks fl event permanent

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Frontline Poll (66 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 15 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you agree that Frontline gamemode should be permanently implemented into the game?

1. Yes (35 votes [53.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.03%

2. No (31 votes [46.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.97%

Vote Hide poll

Heimdarm #1 Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 696 battles

Hi all!

I really like the frontline event, and we discussed with friends on our discord and everyone agreed that this game mode should be permanently implemented into WoT. This is just better and more enjoyable than a random battle. Every WoT friends agreed basicly.. In other games there are events of course regularly, but I can not write a game what creates a whole game mode and take it away from the players after event ends. I think the decision that Frontline is not a permanent game mode is a shot in his own leg by WG. This mode is just great and could attract more players..

I understand that if large groups of the players would play only tier 8 tanks in FL without the chance to meet at least one tier higher tanks, than the feel for the need of the grind would be lower, so if we look at it from the business viewpoint of WG, FL should have tier 8-9 and 9-10 matches, but please just make it permanent! 

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51871 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I think it is a smart choice to make it one week per month. This way jt stays 'special' and you get bored of it less quickly.

Ogi013 #3 Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1436 battles
  • [SAM] SAM

View PostHeimdarm, on 17 February 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi all!

I really like the frontline event, and we discussed with friends on our discord and everyone agreed that this game mode should be permanently implemented into WoT. This is just better and more enjoyable than a random battle. Every WoT friends agreed basicly.. In other games there are events of course regularly, but I can not write a game what creates a whole game mode and take it away from the players after event ends. I think the decision that Frontline is not a permanent game mode is a shot in his own leg by WG. This mode is just great and could attract more players..

I understand that if large groups of the players would play only tier 8 tanks in FL without the chance to meet at least one tier higher tanks, than the feel for the need of the grind would be lower, so if we look at it from the business viewpoint of WG, FL should have tier 8-9 and 9-10 matches, but please just make it permanent! 

Acutally it should not be permanent at least in this state that is right now.In two to three month if it was permanent it would be a dead gamemode and everybody will be feeling burned of playing frontline.Another problem is that with premium tanks.Proggeto,Scorpion G,Defender,premium french autoloader are all over the place.This first week every month is working fine and it feels fresh so the game is not boring and plain.

So yea permanent frontline is bad.

Heimdarm #4 Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 696 battles

wow, now the first responses are more than a suprise.. 

you say it's good that it is not permanent because it would become boring? well when you bore it, you change tor andom, skirmish or any other thing, but at least you have a CHOICE. if it is not permanent you do NOT have a choice. it is quiet obvious which game is better, one with one permanent game mode and another one in short fixed times, or one where the playersbase can CHOOSE from n+1 game modes.

if you were right WoT would be a dead game becaue players would be already burnt out on random battles, but they still play it.

Ogi013 #5 Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1436 battles
  • [SAM] SAM

View PostHeimdarm, on 17 February 2019 - 11:03 AM, said:

wow, now the first responses are more than a suprise.. 

you say it's good that it is not permanent because it would become boring? well when you bore it, you change tor andom, skirmish or any other thing, but at least you have a CHOICE. if it is not permanent you do NOT have a choice. it is quiet obvious which game is better, one with one permanent game mode and another one in short fixed times, or one where the playersbase can CHOOSE from n+1 game modes.

if you were right WoT would be a dead game becaue players would be already burnt out on random battles, but they still play it.

First of all everybody will say that frontline is bad for permanent.

Second even WG wont let frontline be permanent because of exp and credits earnings(why would someone buy premium acc when they can play frontline instead and farm free exp,credits,research exp for tanks,ect)

Third random battles are core of World of Tanks and you have variety of maps(with that kind of a mindset every game is boring to you ),unlike frontline which has only one map and I feel already burned and bored from frontline.

Heimdarm #6 Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 696 battles

View PostOgi013, on 17 February 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

First of all everybody will say that frontline is bad for permanent.

Second even WG wont let frontline be permanent because of exp and credits earnings(why would someone buy premium acc when they can play frontline instead and farm free exp,credits,research exp for tanks,ect)

Third random battles are core of World of Tanks and you have variety of maps(with that kind of a mindset every game is boring to you ),unlike frontline which has only one map and I feel already burned and bored from frontline.

what? I started the topic saying that every friends of mine in this game would love to have it permanent, and you dare to say that "everybody willl say that frontline is bad for permanent"  it is okay to tell your opinion, but do not speak for everyone...

xp and credit earnings can be obviously reworked to avoid any game breaking model for FL.

and for your last sentence: i can only repeat myself, if you burnt out of FL, do not play it, play something else. but reasoing that diversity is bad because it can become boring is lacking any logic. diversity is good, if you do not like, if you are bored, you choose not to play that game mode. diversity is always good, good to have more obtainable tanks, more skins, more maps and more game modes.

Bordhaw #7 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 13339 battles
With a few more maps and a few balancing tweaks and yeah it should be permanent. 

Objec7 #8 Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13863 battles
  • [AVENG] AVENG

View PostHeimdarm, on 17 February 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Hi all!

1 week a month is enough, otherwise it becomes an problem. No need to explain, you will figure it out. WG is doing this good.

MeetriX #9 Posted 18 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21537 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostHeimdarm, on 17 February 2019 - 11:38 AM, said:

xp and credit earnings can be obviously reworked to avoid any game breaking model for FL.

It is already a lot less than in randoms.

Doxs_Roxs #10 Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18506 battles
  • [ODB] ODB

I agree, it all comes down to one simple thing. Its more fun than the random matches.

Larger maps, encouraging more active gameplay and respawns are all good things.

I realize the heavy tanks are too slow to be properly competitive, but I think that can be mitigated with some changes to the map.

Adding this as a permanent mode will of course require new maps.

If they want to encourage the grind and add different tiers, how about allowing for example tier 6 as your first spawn, then tier 7, tier 8 etc.

That way the battle would start out with lower tier tanks and every x minutes a higher tier is unlocked.

Kicky92 #11 Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15172 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

I would say no to permanent frontlines at tier 8. I do like the mode though - a lot. 

I like that WG give us rewards for playing, making it permanent might make WG remove the rewards. 

You could make a tier 6 FL permanent without the prestige rewards, to give players experience in the mode, then have the tier 8 FL every month with the rewards. 

Obviously keep the mode restricted to same tier vehicles only. 

Overall WG is doing a good job on this mode (so far). 

general_beanflicker_1 #12 Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3437 battles
  • [T-S_K] T-S_K
frontline would be great at any teir but would need more maps to keep it fun  just remove all the extra rewards  but keep creds and xp and then rather than locking to a single teir do somthing like 3 teir blocks say 1,2,3  2,3,4  3,4,5  4.5.6  5,6,7 and so on that way you still get to meet higher/lower teir tanks in battle

RandomFreak #13 Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9308 battles

I would say yes to having "Frontline" as permanent feature in the first week of each month but not every week.  It is hugely enjoyable (for me at least) but tbh when it is available (similar to when clan wars/events are running) the quality of random battles suffers as a large portion of the higher skilled playerbase is not participating.  It will also be interesting to see if some the "frontline" features make it into the random games.  One thing I think would be a huge improvement (a hint to WG) and would help reduce toxicity in game is the not publishing of Win Rate. 

I enjoy the other stats such as win8 etc. which are purely based on player performance but I think WR for most normal players is extremely team reliant and will always be a cause of aggrevation.

Robbie_T #14 Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18414 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

NO

Its already on every month...dont see why it must be a perma mode.

Also tier 6 will not work in FL its to unbalanced.

ThorgrimBrenadim #15 Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31112 battles

I say make it permanent but being for one week to two weeks every month.

It will not hold up as a 24/7 option till they have at least 3-4 maps and also a different game mode.

I would do a FL for tiers 5,6,7,9 and 10 maybe lower tiers ie 5-7 may get just one week higher tier like 8 and 9 get ten days and tier 10 could be two weeks. This will take pressure off the tier 7-9 facing +2 MM too often.

Edited by ThorgrimBrenadim, 11 March 2019 - 07:58 PM.

WoT_RU_Doing #16 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52361 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Any game mode that people play is good....the problem with frontline in it's current state is that people won't play it if it's available all the time. I'll stop as soon as I've got prestige 10. Certainly this time around, it's not as fun to play as it was last year, and I finished the rewards, got bored and stopped playing well before the event ended. By not having it available all the time, WG increase the number of players playing it when it IS available, and increase the chances of the mode being successful.

Personally, I'm only playing FL for the EMIL and the tier IX. I hope to get them at the first opportunity, and then not play it in the final two episodes. Equally, I don't plan to play any days where I have reached the max level available that week. 

Also tagged with frontline, wot, world of tanks, fl, event, permanent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users