maus useless

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

shamelbazoqa #1 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6055 battles
  • [JRTM] JRTM

Well I'm back at it, every time I decide to give the maus another chances, I figure out it is shi* and I've waisted my time grinding it.

It's only fun playing it against tier 8s... because that's when you are going to do damage without paying a fortune! turns out all of the 16 other Tier X heavy tanks (except the E100) has a significantly Better penetration using AP, and gold ammo as well than the maus. Comparing it to tier 9 Heavies, the maus only barely beats 3 out of the 16 Tier IV heavies in penetration. and even at tier VIII the T34 beats the maus at penetration value!

I know what you'll say! ''Shamel the Maus is not meant to be a damage dealer it has a Great armour''… well that's true, it does, but it is also the slowest tank in the game, which is a huge disadvantage, one that overcomes that fact the it is heavily armoured.

lets discuss the maus play style:

Tier X game: you're basically the slowest tank in the game, and is a scout! and if you're lucky you'll do some damage!
you do your best to get to the front line before the action is over, and if you got there in one piece, without getting shot by their fast movers, and if your team had not finished the game, and if your enemies have not annihilated your friends (in which case you will die really fast for sure)...

You take what ever position your friends and enemies left you, and from that position you play the boxing bag role! angle your hull, and look 45 degrees away from your enemies, and just wobble around trying to take the hits, and hoping your friends hit back during enemy reload, and you are waiting desperately for a moment where your enemy exposes an extremely vulnerable part of their tank, because you do not have the penetration for any better, and you need to have enough time to look turn you turret 45 degrees, aim, and maybe hit that week spot before they hide it again, and at the same time KNOW that your gonna get shot when you do that for sure, because you will expose your huge 260mm cheeks to all of those looking at you, regardless of their elevation angel, which can be penetrated with a normal AP shell coming from a Tier VIII tank.

so now you're forced to play with APCR ammo, which has 311mm pen, and your paying 4800 credits per shot, half of which your gunner will miss.

it is just bad, I guess since it is an iconic tank in history, Wargaming had to put it in their collection, being Russians they couldn't have a German superior tank in their game, so they fu**** it up, and used balance as an excuse. like many of you will.

I think they should remove it from the Tier X, along with that useless Mauschen as well, refund everyone the Exp. and Credits, and figure out some other way to put it back into the game in a realistic way. or ''balance'' it for real, and stop their ridiculous [edited].

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32036 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You have monstrous armour. You don't get to have a top gun as well. You're supposed to tank the shots for your team, if the enemy are bouncing off you they're not hurting your team.

tajj7 #3 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27070 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If you can't make the Maus work, then its a giant learn to play issue, it's one of the easiest tanks in the game to play, not quite Type 5 easy but up there. You have amazing armour and 3k HP.

I also find it odd people complain about the gun, when 246 AP, is like 4-10mm less than all the other tier 10 heavies get aside the 277, so makes no practical difference, I mean you literally just mentioned that the weakest points of the Maus, at flattest angle, if you hit them right are 260, which means pretty much all tier 10 heavies and meds have a 50/50% chance to pen or worse.

Block Quote

which can be penetrated with a normal AP shell coming from a Tier VIII tank.

Er what? Most tier 8 tanks will not pen a Maus reliably with premium ammo, hell if you angle right most tier 10 tanks struggle even with HEAT spam to pen a Maus reliably. 

Also 'iconic' tank? Like two protoypes were built IIRC, and it was a giant colossal waste of time and resources for the Germans as the tank was too big and too slow to ever have any practical use.. 

shamelbazoqa #4 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6055 battles
  • [JRTM] JRTM

It is really hard to discuss with people who do not read.

The reply for both comments above is already in the original post!

wsatnutter #5 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25991 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
OP instead of crying why not ask for advice on how to play the tank , you may get some sound advice but I can tell you one thing whimpering will get you nowhere

pecopad #6 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26379 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Some tanks you grind just to have them in your garage... but I actually think the Maus is not a bad tank, its even used in clan wars,  and its not like its a big surprise after grinding the whole line....

If you don't like slow tanks, why did you go for the Maus?

HassenderZerhacker #7 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View Posttajj7, on 18 February 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

If you can't make the Maus work, then its a giant learn to play issue, it's one of the easiest tanks in the game to play, not quite Type 5 easy but up there.

to be honest, neither Maus nor Type 5 are "easy to play" in the classical sense.

They get too easily penned through the turret front, and the Maus has this huge bug of gunner view that makes you expose your lower front plate when your gunner barely sees over a hill.

Their armor works reliably at long range only, and they better stay either unspotted or in arty cover and in company of a pack of other friendly tanks to guarantee their security.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Simple answer to this problem would be to learn about the line/tech tree you're about to research to have a good idea which tanks need gold and which doesn't. Nowadays most people who still play the Maus usually load full gold to be effective but despite the game evolving with new and better tier 10 tanks, the Maus is still fun to play.

It looks great at least! :)

shamelbazoqa #9 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6055 battles
  • [JRTM] JRTM
So, question? how many WG agents are there? i mean it is obvious that you guys above are assigned, i got used to that, when ever we write negative stuff the first few comments come from your staff... maybe we should start forums outside this website.

barison1 #10 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40899 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

so you only noticed the maus line is slow while you are at maus? how
tiger p is already sluggish, vk10001p even more so, mauschen is horrid sluggish

turret traverse is pretty fine tho, had no issues turning turret 45deg, reload till like 1s left, turn turret back, shoot(which needs barely any aim due to pretty good gun stats) and turn turret back

the armor is pretty strong, will bully every single tier 8/9 and quite alot of tier x. type5 is just most dangerous target you could meet as it spams HE and you will struggle to pen it

tajj7 #11 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27070 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postshamelbazoqa, on 18 February 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

It is really hard to discuss with people who do not read.

The reply for both comments above is already in the original post!

It is really hard to discuss with people who do not accept their own failings and then call people who disagree with them WG employees. 

Like I said, its not the tank, the tank is fine, its you and your poor play. 

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 18 February 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

to be honest, neither Maus nor Type 5 are "easy to play" in the classical sense.

They get too easily penned through the turret front, and the Maus has this huge bug of gunner view that makes you expose your lower front plate when your gunner barely sees over a hill.

Their armor works reliably at long range only, and they better stay either unspotted or in arty cover and in company of a pack of other friendly tanks to guarantee their security.

They are pretty much the epitome of easy to play as they so forgiving, you are not going to be super effective, especially in the Maus which needs a bit more to get the best our of it, but the average players is going to be do much better in 3k hit points surrounded by amazing all round armour than they are in tanks that have no armour. 

Also IIRC the view bug thing was fixed last patch, and it wasn't a massive issue or the Maus anyway because you don't really go hull down in the Maus. 

eekeeboo #12 Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46244 battles
I'm going to boop of nope this here and now. You can phrase your feedback more constructively, ask in the vehicle discussion or at the very least ask for advice on how to play more effectively. As it stands you have some constructive parts sprinkled with obscenities and complaints. 

Also tagged with maus, useless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users