• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

Badz360 #161 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17310 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 19 February 2019 - 08:20 PM, said:

Smart guy... thats exactly what I said. How convenient to stop the quote before I gave the third option myself.

Now also respond to the second part of my post, which contains the actual point I'm making and not the intro you've nicely copied in your own words.

Not really - I left in your third option on the quote and agreed - yes there are 3 options.

Where my opinion diverged however is - why should WG be obliged to make it an ‘easy’ mission? There are literally hundreds of ‘free’ tanks (tech tree) in the game already. They do need Monetize some aspects of the game in order to pay wages (and moon bases). The fact that there is a ‘free’ option on this premium is a bonus - agreed it’s a ridiculous one, but why would they want to canibslisr their revenue stream when there are already 5 free to play wheeled French lights.

Grind it, pay for it, play the tech tree or ignore wheelies altogether. It’s the gamers choice.

Apologies, I probably didn’t elaborate  enough on the original post but that’s my opinion, and you are entitled to yours too.

Objec7 #162 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14824 battles

View PostBadz360, on 20 February 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Not really - I left in your third option on the quote and agreed - yes there are 3 options.

Where my opinion diverged however is - why should WG be obliged to make it an ‘easy’ mission? There are literally hundreds of ‘free’ tanks (tech tree) in the game already. They do need Monetize some aspects of the game in order to pay wages (and moon bases). The fact that there is a ‘free’ option on this premium is a bonus - agreed it’s a ridiculous one, but why would they want to canibslisr their revenue stream when there are already 5 free to play wheeled French lights.

Grind it, pay for it, play the tech tree or ignore wheelies altogether. It’s the gamers choice.

Apologies, I probably didn’t elaborate  enough on the original post but that’s my opinion, and you are entitled to yours too.

No, but the marathons have always been 'play a lot and get a great reward'. Now they are getting harder and harder and suddenly you have to live in WoT to reach those requirements or buy it with the great bundled price with useless bond directives! Game developers often wants to keep their playerbase happy because otherwise their game doesn't success and as a playerbase we have the right - and responsibility - to tell our opinions of the game so they can develop it.

I think WG is digging their own grave deeper and deeper at this point. I was long with them but when marathon requirements are getting this hard, there is no chance for beginners to get this tank for free and collect credits with them to be able to buy special ammunition which you need to use to be competitive. You are saying that this game should be p2w? Because without a chance to get a free premium tank this is. They did good job with the frontline and I'm sure that it appease some players but using frontline to make this thing look more pleasant is just bs.

I agree that not everyone should be able to get the tank for free and the requirements should be high but this is way over the line (higher than ever), especially as we are talking about a tank which gold value is much lover than earlier marathon tanks'...

Solexi #163 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 36608 battles
Nope. I marathoned the CAX & SU-130PM to 90% discounts but this one just isn't worth it. I'll save my sanity for Frontlines and not play until it's back on.

Badz360 #164 Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17310 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

No, but the marathons have always been 'play a lot and get a great reward'. Now they are getting harder and harder and suddenly you have to live in WoT to reach those requirements or buy it with the great bundled price with useless bond directives! Game developers often wants to keep their playerbase happy because otherwise their game doesn't success and as a playerbase we have the right - and responsibility - to tell our opinions of the game so they can develop it.

I think WG is digging their own grave deeper and deeper at this point. I was long with them but when marathon requirements are getting this hard, there is no chance for beginners to get this tank for free and collect credits with them to be able to buy special ammunition which you need to use to be competitive. You are saying that this game should be p2w? Because without a chance to get a free premium tank this is. They did good job with the frontline and I'm sure that it appease some players but using frontline to make this thing look more pleasant is just bs.

I agree that not everyone should be able to get the tank for free and the requirements should be high but this is way over the line (higher than ever), especially as we are talking about a tank which gold value is much lover than earlier marathon tanks'...

Fair enough - but despite some improvements this year, I am unconvinced WG are taking the long view over cold hard cash now (late cycle in the game?). I think the quickest way for the point to be put across to them is if the sales on this Marathon fall drastically compared to previous events. I imagine dollars will likely be more effective than player feedback in changing their practices.

It does make this marathon an interesting test case however. Harder than ever Marathon, on a tank valued less - and on a tank class (wheels) that the player base is already divided over. Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camels back, or if sales remain as strong as ever - probably gives WG carte Blanche to do whatever they want in these Marathon offers!

eekeeboo #165 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46795 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 19 February 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it!

I agree it could be more constructive, however I don't think there was much wrong in my post. I have looked at the screenshot I have and its not nearly as 'non constructive' as I feel about this. Anyway discussing this seems rather pointless here.

thanks

You're welcome and though it's not as "non constructive" as you truly feel, that's why it was simply unapproved and not punished, I understand the frustration you can feel and I see there was no particular malice in intent (from what I read) so just a unapproved to keep things on topic/constructive and from devolving I thought was the best approach. 

View Postaleksije89, on 19 February 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

This is still thirteen 24 hour days. Marathon starts and ends at 09:00

​​21 09:00 - 22nd 09:00 = 24 hours (1 day)

22 09:00 - 23rd 09:00 = 24 hours (2 day)

23 09:00 - 24th 09:00 = 24 hours (3 day) 

24 09:00 - 25th 09:00 = 24 hours (4 day) 

25 09:00 - 26th 09:00 = 24 hours (5 day) 

26 09:00 - 27th 09:00 = 24 hours (6 day) 

27 09:00 - 28th 09:00 = 24 hours (7 day) 

28 09:00 - 1st 09:00 = 24 hours (8 day) 

1 09:00 - 2nd 09:00 = 24 hours (9 day) 

2 09:00 - 3rd 09:00 = 24 hours (10 day) 

3 09:00 - 4th 09:00 = 24 hours (11 day) 

4 09:00 - 5th 09:00 = 24 hours (12 day)

5 09:00 - 6th 09:00 = 24 hours (13 day) 

6 09:00 - 7th 09:00 = 24 hours (14 day) 

Please be aware I shouldn't have to spend the time to highlight and explain this. 

View PostTurtle_Team, on 19 February 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

soooo is it 13 or 14 days? and damn missions 8,9, and 10 will require no life 

​Please see above. 

MeetriX #166 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View Postultra44, on 20 February 2019 - 11:54 AM, said:

Which drugs r u using m8? Give me some pls!

Anyhow, have u checked u'r stats lattely?

MATH! Try it, it's great and it's free.

You can use my stats, your stats or who ever.

If the chance is >0 (which it is) then it is not impossible.

My calculation example was to find a close enough answer to minimum amount of games what is needed for the marathon if somebody has a super epic streak.

Unfortunate it was too hard to understand for some people.

Irisviel_Einzbern #167 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11214 battles
  • [JOB] JOB
could we have any information on how long the bundle will be available after the marathon ends? I already know I won't have the time to finish all the stages (duh). As in, how long the "discount" will be valid.

The_Ich #168 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30742 battles
  • [BG_WP] BG_WP

I have not found any information about gamemode restrictions this time, but I assume these missions are exclusively for randoms/grandbattles only again.

If this is correct, what is the reason for this? Could you please include other gamemodes (teambattles, skirmish) for the grind-part as well?

FrantisekBascovansky #169 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24885 battles

I remember last SU 130PM marathon.

I didn't grind it purposely, I just played like usual, somehow reached 60% discount at the end (didn't bought it though, out of my interest).

Couple of weeks after that, SU 130PM appeared in Premium shop at around the same price as it was in the marathon incl. my 6th stage discount. Not counting worhless stage prizes.

So, is it worth grinding and forced playing, frustration and no life for 2 weeks to get the thing free? No.

Is it worth purposely grinding to reach some stage to get some discount? No.

It's mario kart, after all.

If you want it anyway, just buy it with the money you can earn in couple of hours at work.

eekeeboo #170 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:34 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46795 battles

View PostMikanoid, on 19 February 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

At least one of the other BIA crews wasnt

So a simple yes or no is hardly asking much really as SOMEONE should actually know the answer to such a basic question

But considering WG couldnt even manage to list the EBR stats properly (stationary/moving cammo is the wrong way round), I guess perhaps it IS asking "too much" for someone to ACTUALLY know something so basic

"Concealment of Moving/Stationary Vehicle  19.67/4.6%"19.67/4.6%  19.67/4.6%
19.67/4.6%
19.67/4.6

I'm not sure how I could be clearer for you? I just gave an answer and now you're asking for the same answer to the same question? 

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 19 February 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

I find it strange how everybody simply accepts the marketing tecniques applied.

"I rather pay than grind for hours"... sure me too, if I need to make a decision between the two I will pay, but the point is you are forced to choose between two bad options or don't get the tank. Ok so I won't get the tank. Fine. 

What I don't understand however is why is there soo much complaining when tanks get bundled with gold, but not for these marathons where tanks effectively get bundeled with credits. Then WG gives you the option to play a lot of hours to get (part of) the credits for 'free' and it's ok?

How? Why? In what universe? 

Am I the only one dissapointed?

Please explain this to me.

And if there was no way to monetise with people invariably complaining regardless unless it was 100% free for no effort, which would still probably have a complaint. The other option is no challenge or set of missions like this. It's that simple. Whether you like it or not or agree with or not, WG is a company to make money, not a charity. 

View PostStronkiTonki, on 19 February 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

No thanks. I'm taking a break from WoT cause of Frontline, which is also insanely grindy.

If you want to have multiple grind sessions going on, make sure to make them less grindy individually.

Edit: Also, a good idea would have been to incorporate the grind for this marathon into the Frontline gamemode. That way, people could hit 2 birds with 1 stone.

But obviously you'd rather have people pull out their credit cards.

Or have it so 2 events don't overlap when you're already complaining of a grind on something you set yourself and adding a grindable goal you would more than likely have something else to be unhappy about. 

View PostObjec7, on 19 February 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Oh yeah, so for average player it takes 10h a day to get a tank for free? :) For my unicum level on tier 9-10 it is 3-4h a day, wonder who is actually going to get the tank for free with these 'statistics based on averages' requirements. It is a marathon so I think it is only fair that average player has a chance to get the tank for free with a lot work. Atm this is just another way to milk community. 

An "average" player as you put it can get the tank for free if they want to try at it, if they are unable to do so, are you sure they're an "average" player? 

eekeeboo #171 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46795 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 19 February 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

See guys, it's all your fault.  Play worse if you want easier marathons!:child:

I checked my calendar and that's 14 days.

Starts 9am on 21st

9am on 22 is 1 day

9am on 23 is 2 days

9am on 24 is 3 days

9am on 25 is 4 days

9am on 26 is 5 days

9am on 27 is 6 days

9am on 28 is 7 days

9am on 1st March is 8 days

9am on 2nd is 9 days

9am on 3rd is 10 days

9am on 4th is 11 days

9am on 5th is 12 days

9am on 6th is 13 days

9am on 7th is 14 days

WoT's very own daily mail have pulled some early supertest figures out of their donkey.

It had 500hp engine when I played it on live, that is now 525.

Beat me to it, i'm going through pages now and just typed it out on a later page :o ! 

View PostMikanoid, on 19 February 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

Actually playing worse wont change a thing as its pretty clear the idea with these marathons is to make sure practically NOBODY gets the vehicles for free

So playing worse just means they "might" not get harder next time, but I wouldnt put it past WG and their wallet gouging crapon the customers mindset to have zero people completing the stages as their target figure

Yeah... consider this a last warning, you're clearly not open to actually discussing or thinking about this, just sharing your own desire for free things and everything else is wrong. 

12:54 Added after 6 minutes

View Post_b_, on 20 February 2019 - 07:39 AM, said:

LOL, just no!

Din't bother with last two marathons ...and didn't bite and buy them ...even with discount achieved just through normal playing ...and won't this time either.

Have a bundle of gold that I could spend, but since that is not an option I'll just keep #walletclosed.  Once gold is spent, that should be around coming x-mas IF tanks are avaialble through in-game for gold....I just might open it up again and spend some more.

As game is now, it's enjoyable ...but not enough to keep spending money on. So start fixing some of the darn old issues and what not then we might talk :P

And writing the same things about fix this or no spending isn't going to speed it up :P 

View PostKartonas, on 20 February 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

waste time for trash tank :D

want to have players,give that tank for free

why i must come to work in game?i better play some other games ,ahahhaha :D

09:19 Added after 5 minutes

You don't have to do anything, but for those want to, now have a choice. 
12:55 Added after 7 minutes

View PostLordSkyFury, on 20 February 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

Will there be also non-bundled version available to buy? Or we will have to wait like 3 months again to get non-bundled version? Not everyone have time to grind this marathon and if you want to buy bundle you have to reach 50-60% discount.

I don't know of any plans yet, but that's not to say there won't be! 

Geno1isme #172 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47341 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Posteekeeboo, on 19 February 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

Both! :izmena:

Missions are set on player base averages and statistics.

Referencing what playerbase? EU, RU, SEA, global?

Beralgun #173 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17612 battles
I'm not bothering for frontline grind, I'm not gonna bother for this one as well. Until this immune to regular but pennable with gold ammo tanks meta get fixed (not holding my breath) not gonna play much either. Game ceased to be fun for me.

Geno1isme #174 Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47341 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostLordSkyFury, on 20 February 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Will there be also non-bundled version available to buy? Or we will have to wait like 3 months again to get non-bundled version? Not everyone have time to grind this marathon and if you want to buy bundle you have to reach 50-60% discount.

Well, the Su-130 as the last marathon tank was sold without bundle just a few weeks after the marathon. And this one being the only prem wheeled vehicle likely won't stay exclusive for long as well.

eekeeboo #175 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46795 battles

View PostBadz360, on 20 February 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

The biggest Moonbase there ever was! 

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

And giving away free things is something all developers tend to avoid if you want to stay in business, especially in a F2P game. You have the right to express your opinion and give feedback, as long as constructive. But I find it somewhat disparate when you consider the number of complaints that this free thing isn't free enough, make it easy, make it more free for everyone. No one will be happy until it's zero effort everyone gets one, in which case the people who pay will be rightly upset they pay for others to get free things. No matter what you upset someone, so you may as well do it by keeping yourself in business. 

13:01 Added after 0 minutes

View PostGeno1isme, on 20 February 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

Referencing what playerbase? EU, RU, SEA, global?

All of them. 

Trostani #176 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49451 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019

And if there was no way to monetise with people invariably complaining regardless unless it was 100% free for no effort, which would still probably have a complaint. The other option is no challenge or set of missions like this. It's that simple. Whether you like it or not or agree with or not, WG is a company to make money, not a charity. 

I would prefer no event at all than such 'great offers'. But it seems that somebody in marketing team is not realizing that conditions in events like this are insulting for many players. No wonder that playerbase is dropping down with every month and without (happy) players you will not monetise product on sufficent level.

Edited by Trostani, 20 February 2019 - 02:21 PM.

Jumping_Turtle #177 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67365 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostTrostani, on 20 February 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

I would prefer no event at all than such 'great offers'.

I dont mind these marathons since we have the option to do them or not. But nonstop marathons, grinds, referrals, frontlines, ranked and more the whole year is a bit too much. Just take some time of these things when one ends and not have us stuck into another one the day after. What is wrong with a few weeks of nothing ?

Trostani #178 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49451 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 20 February 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

I dont mind these marathons since we have the option to do them or not. But nonstop marathons, grinds, referrals, frontlines, ranked and more the whole year is a bit too much. Just take some time of these things when one ends and not have us stuck into another one the day after. What is wrong with a few weeks of nothing ?

Problem is that marathons affect also gameplay for players that don't participate. 2 weeks of circus or staying away from game - this is choince right nie.

TheArk_2014 #179 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66057 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

For all of those who cry/whine/complain about this event, the Greeks have a very popular proverb:

"Ότι δεν φτάνει η αλεπού, τα κάνει αγουρίδες."

Free translation: "Whatever the clever fox cannot gets, is waste."

:)

Edited by TheArk_2014, 20 February 2019 - 08:19 PM.

Geno1isme #180 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47341 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

All of them.

So when RU prefers massive grinds we'll also have to suffer from increasing requirements ... Thanks for the confirmation.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users