• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

WoT_RU_Doing #181 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55857 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 20 February 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

I dont mind these marathons since we have the option to do them or not. But nonstop marathons, grinds, referrals, frontlines, ranked and more the whole year is a bit too much. Just take some time of these things when one ends and not have us stuck into another one the day after. What is wrong with a few weeks of nothing ?

I rather feel that you have defeated your argument with your own logic, though I am sympathetic to where you are coming from. As you say, we all have the option to chose to take part, or not, so having continuous grind events actually means we can chose to take part in SOME, pretty much any time. Remembering that FL takes place 1 week almost every month, all the marathons will have to be slotted in between them, so I guess this is a foretaste of the rest of the year. At least the marathon and FL don't overlap, as that would give players a real issue I think. Personally, I'd be happier if the missions were a little less grindy, more like the Progetto, as this time around I feel it's just too much effort versus the reward

WoT_RU_Doing #182 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55857 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostTheArk_2014, on 20 February 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

For all of those who cry/whine/complain about this event, the Greeks have a very popular proverb:

"Ότι δεν φτάνει η αλεπού, τα κάνει αγουρίδες."

Free translation: "Whatever the clever fox cannot get, is waste."

:)

View PostMorgan_the_Reaper, on 20 February 2019 - 01:37 PM, said:

Try not to answer in anything healthy players have complain , we really dont care if you want to be the good wargaming kid

I just looked at the EU player databases, and there have been two players with variations on the clever fox username. One averaged 200 XP per battle, the other 350 XP, so I doubt they'd be able to get the EBR.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 20 February 2019 - 02:48 PM.

Morgan_the_Reaper #183 Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78639 battles
  • [EFE-S] EFE-S

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 20 February 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

I just looked at the EU player databases, and there have been two players with variations on the clever fox username. One averaged 200 XP per battle, the other 350 XP, so I doubt they'd be able to get the EBR.

I cant figure why somebody tell , o look how good this marathon are or omg thank you wargaming!! An average player need 40 games per day to get ebr for free and the mission go harder and harder, in next event what ? 100 battles per day ?

gunslingerXXX #184 Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12443 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

And if there was no way to monetise with people invariably complaining regardless unless it was 100% free for no effort, which would still probably have a complaint. The other option is no challenge or set of missions like this. It's that simple. Whether you like it or not or agree with or not, WG is a company to make money, not a charity. 

Thanks again for replying!

I'm not asking to get stuff fot free, and I'm not complaining the marathon is too much work. I also understand this is commercial business.

I have little time to play so I understand this would mean I have to spend money, I'm fine with that. However I'm dissapointed this particular offer is only available bundled with lots of credits. I don't want to spend money on credits, I have 10M in account and 30M 'saved' in the depot.depending on the offer I expect the full price will be over 50% fluff added.

Of course if WG sees this way makes most money overall I understand they use it. However I would like to point out this can be very dissapointing for the casual players. 

I would have liked to see an offer for the EBR, if needed bundeled with gold, in the shop. In that case I would have spend money and I would have enjoyed the tank. Now, I spend no money and I'm not enjoying the game as much as I would have liked. I'm working on the tech-tree line, but with 20-30 games/week I wont see the tier 9/10 before 2020.

Mr_Deo #185 Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43286 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View PostInnocent_civilian_, on 19 February 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

Easy - 3-4 shoots every battle = top10, 500-800 battles , 3-7h game play daily = done. I did all marathons and got all tanks for 100% free. Is thats hard to do = NO, but annoying as hell. 

It's easier to get a job.

Seriously, 50 hours of paid work would give you a) time outside, b) something else to do, c) the tank and all the junk that the event has, d) extra money to buy stuff with, e) sunlight.

But hey... If you feel playing 7 hours a day for 13 days is good then okay, whatever.... But 91 hours of grind "work" to get €60 seems like a good deal to you then so be it.  Earning €700+ euros in a crappy job and buying the package seems like a smarter deal to me.  

Jumping_Turtle #186 Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67283 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 20 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

I rather feel that you have defeated your argument with your own logic, though I am sympathetic to where you are coming from. As you say, we all have the option to chose to take part, or not, so having continuous grind events actually means we can chose to take part in SOME, pretty much any time. Remembering that FL takes place 1 week almost every month, all the marathons will have to be slotted in between them, so I guess this is a foretaste of the rest of the year. At least the marathon and FL don't overlap, as that would give players a real issue I think. Personally, I'd be happier if the missions were a little less grindy, more like the Progetto, as this time around I feel it's just too much effort versus the reward

I know, but I like challenges. Since I have almost grinded all tanks in the game they are somethign special and I like that. But one after another after another is a bit too much. Certainly when some overlap eachother. So I would not mind having a few weeks of nothing but the plain game.
14:31 Added after 8 minutes

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 20 February 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

Personally, I'd be happier if the missions were a little less grindy, more like the Progetto,

I liked the every nation grinds. But it has to be some kind of grind I understand that.

as this time around I feel it's just too much effort versus the reward

Not just this one. The last few marathons where way over the top for the casual player.

Kartonas #187 Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46768 battles
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

The biggest Moonbase there ever was! 

And giving away free things is something all developers tend to avoid if you want to stay in business, especially in a F2P game. You have the right to express your opinion and give feedback, as long as constructive. But I find it somewhat disparate when you consider the number of complaints that this free thing isn't free enough, make it easy, make it more free for everyone. No one will be happy until it's zero effort everyone gets one, in which case the people who pay will be rightly upset they pay for others to get free things. No matter what you upset someone, so you may as well do it by keeping yourself in business. 

13:01 Added after 0 minutes

All of them. 

maby you will try to win tank? :D
14:51 Added after 0 minutes

without any money

Objec7 #188 Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14820 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

The biggest Moonbase there ever was! 

And giving away free things is something all developers tend to avoid if you want to stay in business, especially in a F2P game. You have the right to express your opinion and give feedback, as long as constructive. But I find it somewhat disparate when you consider the number of complaints that this free thing isn't free enough, make it easy, make it more free for everyone. No one will be happy until it's zero effort everyone gets one, in which case the people who pay will be rightly upset they pay for others to get free things. No matter what you upset someone, so you may as well do it by keeping yourself in business. 

13:01 Added after 0 minutes

All of them. 

You have to balance business in this mind. Milking the game, was it dead or not, is never the right way to do business, it only hurts your company in long-term and isn't morally right.

You're right that there is always unhappy people, it isn't easy to find a perfect solution but at least trying to find a perfect solution is better than milking everything you can just because you are unable to find the perfect solution which pleases everyone, right?

I don't mind WG doing money with these marathons but there should be fair chances for an player to get the tank for free or at least a fair discount instead of filling the bundle with useless directives and doubling the tank price making it seem like 50% off the bundle would be a good deal but in reality you get the tank and bunch of useless stuff which is worth nothing. I really hope that at least the tank is in light tank prizes, bundle or not as the missions are harder than ever before despite the fact the tank's gold value is lower than tanks' gold values in marathons earlier.

With a fair chance to get the tank I mean that it should be achievable with a little bit more effort than people play normally for a skilled player, unicums - super unicums (check how many games players daily play on average and then make the requirements). But if unicum+ (2.20% of players on EU) can't achieve the tank without playing three hours every day during two weeks there is something wrong with the marathon.

You of course don't have to give the tank away for everyone but please don't make grindy missions which requires nolifing. Make skillbased missions, the more skilled you are the better chances you have on getting the tank. Atm you have to be super unicum (1.02% of players on EU but not so many on tier IX-X level) to do the marathon the master route, otherwise you have to grind +45 hours.

And finally, if you don't want to give the tank away for free, remove the bundle bs and allow people to buy the actual tank with discounts, maybe make the missions a touch harder, but don't do bundles if you put useless stuff in there.

Edited by Objec7, 20 February 2019 - 04:15 PM.

eekeeboo #189 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46772 battles

View PostTrostani, on 20 February 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

I would prefer no event at all than such 'great offers'. But it seems that somebody in marketing team is not realizing that conditions in events like this are insulting for many players. No wonder that playerbase is dropping down with every month and without (happy) players you will not monetise product on sufficent level.

Insulting for you is not "Many" players, people like discounts and appreciate the chance at free things, because you don't get something for free doesn't mean others won't and don't include all the other mission rewards. Your personal approach right here is because you can't get free things, no one should. 

15:14 Added after 0 minutes

View PostTrostani, on 20 February 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

Problem is that marathons affect also gameplay for players that don't participate. 2 weeks of circus or staying away from game - this is choince right nie.

There's always a choice, no one makes you go for it, no one makes you play, no one makes you try to get something for free, that's all down to you. 
15:16 Added after 2 minutes

View PostGeno1isme, on 20 February 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

So when RU prefers massive grinds we'll also have to suffer from increasing requirements ... Thanks for the confirmation.

With averages you standardise any particular variables. You can tell that the mission requirements were for all regions by the fact all requirements are the same across all regions. 

15:19 Added after 5 minutes

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 20 February 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Thanks again for replying!

I'm not asking to get stuff fot free, and I'm not complaining the marathon is too much work. I also understand this is commercial business.

I have little time to play so I understand this would mean I have to spend money, I'm fine with that. However I'm dissapointed this particular offer is only available bundled with lots of credits. I don't want to spend money on credits, I have 10M in account and 30M 'saved' in the depot.depending on the offer I expect the full price will be over 50% fluff added.

Of course if WG sees this way makes most money overall I understand they use it. However I would like to point out this can be very dissapointing for the casual players. 

I would have liked to see an offer for the EBR, if needed bundeled with gold, in the shop. In that case I would have spend money and I would have enjoyed the tank. Now, I spend no money and I'm not enjoying the game as much as I would have liked. I'm working on the tech-tree line, but with 20-30 games/week I wont see the tier 9/10 before 2020.

But you don't know the cost of the vehicle itself and what (if anything) will be included until it's in the premium shop. Then you can go from there with the discount. 
15:20 Added after 6 minutes

View PostMr_Deo, on 20 February 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

It's easier to get a job.

Seriously, 50 hours of paid work would give you a) time outside, b) something else to do, c) the tank and all the junk that the event has, d) extra money to buy stuff with, e) sunlight.

But hey... If you feel playing 7 hours a day for 13 days is good then okay, whatever.... But 91 hours of grind "work" to get €60 seems like a good deal to you then so be it.  Earning €700+ euros in a crappy job and buying the package seems like a smarter deal to me.  

Not everyone is in a position to work and it's important to occasionally do something for those players too. 
15:21 Added after 7 minutes

View PostMikanoid, on 20 February 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

No just removing comments that break forum rules, and you seem to be incapable of following said rules, until you do, you will keep being moderated and eventually end up with access to the forums removed. It is your choice on how you respond and behave. 
15:22 Added after 8 minutes

View PostKartonas, on 20 February 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

maby you will try to win tank? :D
14:51 Added after 0 minutes

without any money

I fortunately don't need to win the tank, while i spend my time interacting with the community as much as I can. On the other hand if I had the time and wasn't working with people outside of office hours, sure. 

Jumping_Turtle #190 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67283 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

With averages you standardise any particular variables. You can tell that the mission requirements were for all regions by the fact all requirements are the same across all regions. 

But why this sudden marathon after marathon an event after event. That is really something from the last few monts. We always had some time in between them and now some are even overlapping eachother.

Objec7 #191 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14820 battles

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 20 February 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

But why this sudden marathon after marathon an event after event. That is really something from the last few monts. We always had some time in between them and now some are even overlapping eachother.

I don't think there's nothing wrong with events even if there are many of them. Frontline will go on for 10 months, I rather take the marathon now than after 11 months.

eekeeboo #192 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46772 battles

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

You have to balance business in this mind. Milking the game, was it dead or not, is never the right way to do business, it only hurts your company in long-term and isn't morally right.

You're right that there is always unhappy people, it isn't easy to find a perfect solution but at least trying to find a perfect solution is better than milking everything you can just because you are unable to find the perfect solution which pleases everyone, right?

I don't mind WG doing money with these marathons but there should be fair chances for an player to get the tank for free or at least a fair discount instead of filling the bundle with useless directives and doubling the tank price making it seem like 50% off the bundle would be a good deal but in reality you get the tank and bunch of useless stuff which is worth nothing. I really hope that at least the tank is in light tank prizes, bundle or not as the missions are harder than ever before despite the fact the tank's gold value is lower than tanks' gold values in marathons earlier.

With a fair chance to get the tank I mean that it should be achievable with a little bit more effort than people play normally for a skilled player, unicums - super unicums (check how many games players daily play on average and then make the requirements). But if unicum+ (2.20% of players on EU) can't achieve the tank without playing three hours every day during two weeks there is something wrong with the marathon.

You of course don't have to give the tank away for everyone but please don't make grindy missions which requires nolifing. Make skillbased missions, the more skilled you are the better chances you have on getting the tank. Atm you have to be super unicum (1.02% of players on EU but not so many on tier IX-X level) to do the marathon the master route, otherwise you have to grind +45 hours.

And finally, if you don't want to give the tank away for free, remove the bundle bs and allow people to buy the actual tank with discounts, maybe make the missions a touch harder, but don't do bundles if you put useless stuff in there.

There is nothing being milked, you can earn a discount or you can not have a discount. If you have the time and skill you can get it for free. No one is forcing you (or anyone else) to do or partake in any of this. This is not a skill wall or a block to be able to take part in the game. The challenge with increasing discount allows people to access this at a rate that suits them (if at all). A player can earn this tank for free, the missions are based on averages and average values from players, if a person wants to earn it for free they can, there is only their skill and ability to play (time/skill/resolve) that limits them. 

For the bundle, you're making a presumption and assessment on something that hasn't even been put on sale yet. The fact that the tank is available for free at all in the offer highlights a lack of milking/cash grab or other phrases used for things like this that are inaccurate. 

15:30 Added after 1 minute

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 20 February 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

It's not so sudden, the only thing that increases the appearance of more is the return of Frontlines. When you consider how long ago the last challenge was it was some time ago. Events are what players requested and wanted more of to play and have something to do in game, a common issue was "I have nothing to do", these events provide people something to do. 

Homer_J #193 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

You could just not buy bundles with useless stuff in.  I know it's hard to keep your cursor off that buy button but I'm sure you can if you really really try.

I'm undecided, I reckon i can get 20% off, maybe 30% but until I know how much that is then I don't know if it's worth paying for the extra stuff just to have it straight away.

Geno1isme #194 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47341 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Yep. But as RU stands for about 60-70% of the overall player base obviously requirements are mainly based on their stats+expectations.

I'd really love to see how the servers differ in that regard (I know, business secret, subject to capital punishment).

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

But you don't know the cost of the vehicle itself and what (if anything) will be included until it's in the premium shop. Then you can go from there with the discount.

Actually that's pretty clear already even if you're not stating it explicitly yet. The marathon bundle content is already defined by the published mission rewards (nominal gold value about 17k, probably priced at 50-60 Euro), and the price of the vehicle itself is defined in the database at 7000 gold, so 500 gold or 1-2 Euro more than the other T8 premium lights.

Objec7 #195 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14820 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 20 February 2019 - 04:32 PM, said:

You could just not buy bundles with useless stuff in.  I know it's hard to keep your cursor off that buy button but I'm sure you can if you really really try.

I'm undecided, I reckon i can get 20% off, maybe 30% but until I know how much that is then I don't know if it's worth paying for the extra stuff just to have it straight away.

Hahah, I am talking in behalf of the community and I don't think WG should do bundling as a only option especially if the bundle goodies are useless stuff nobody needs/uses. :)

Homer_J #196 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

Hahah, I am talking in behalf of the community

Really?

I don't remember you getting elected as community spokesperson.:unsure:

Geno1isme #197 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47341 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

It's not so sudden, the only thing that increases the appearance of more is the return of Frontlines. When you consider how long ago the last challenge was it was some time ago.

Ehm, are you kidding? Historically we had one, maybe two T8 marathons per year. This however is the fourth T8 marathon in the last 12 months, the last one basically just a few weeks ago. Not including lower-tier stuff like the Kursk event.

It's not just Frontline that has come on top, also many of the regular missions have become really time-consuming recently if you want to complete them, not to mention we had just finished a CW campaign. And that's still without Top-of-the-tree, and I assume we'll also see another Ranked season pretty soon.

Sure, on paper it all looks nice and generous that you provide so many opportunities to get stuff. But in the end it's all just sales tactics, that has become pretty obvious already since the CAX challenge. You guys should be careful that it doesn't backfire soon as people burn out.

Homer_J #198 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

I don't think WG should do bundling as a only option especially if the bundle goodies are useless stuff nobody needs/uses. :)

If the community didn't buy them then WG wouldn't sell them.  Simples.

HansiVonHinten #199 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45902 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View Posteekeeboo, on 19 February 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Both! :izmena:

Missions are set on player base averages and statistics. 

MIssions are targeted in the way to make most players hit 40-50% discount.

Szatanshow #200 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25609 battles
  • [ALION] ALION

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Not everyone is in a position to work and it's important to always do something for those players too. 

I fixed it for you.

With that statement you practical admitted WG only cares about no lifers

Sorry eekeeboo but the amount of grind is approaching to ridicules lvls in this game lately.

And this game needs more important fixes than another grind event that make player base exhausted and frustrated at the same time Wherever if you take part or not you are basically forced to be in the same teams that ppl doing this Making game play even worst than it is already This basically makes ppl  that want just to have some fun stop playing (me at least) the game at all. And support companies that actually give me fun relaxing gameplay after day of hard work.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users