The Challenge on Wheels Rolls Out

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

Objec7 #201 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14824 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

There is nothing being milked, you can earn a discount or you can not have a discount. If you have the time and skill you can get it for free. No one is forcing you (or anyone else) to do or partake in any of this. This is not a skill wall or a block to be able to take part in the game. The challenge with increasing discount allows people to access this at a rate that suits them (if at all). A player can earn this tank for free, the missions are based on averages and average values from players, if a person wants to earn it for free they can, there is only their skill and ability to play (time/skill/resolve) that limits them. 

For the bundle, you're making a presumption and assessment on something that hasn't even been put on sale yet. The fact that the tank is available for free at all in the offer highlights a lack of milking/cash grab or other phrases used for things like this that are inaccurate. 

15:30 Added after 1 minute

It's not so sudden, the only thing that increases the appearance of more is the return of Frontlines. When you consider how long ago the last challenge was it was some time ago. Events are what players requested and wanted more of to play and have something to do in game, a common issue was "I have nothing to do", these events provide people something to do. 

With milking I mean squeezing money out of everything. Like marathons as a example which has changed to this money grap over time. It is pretty clear that you have 'levels' to make each level player stopping to level you want (and then there's easy mission again to get total time needed as down as possible) while requirements would normally grow expotentially.

And you can keep saying that I or other players don't have to take this generous event you made for us, my point is that it shouldn't be like this but it is you who decide whether you wan't it to be playerbase friendly or pocket friendly, I will try it nevertheless.

15:53 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 20 February 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

Really?

I don't remember you getting elected as community spokesperson.:unsure:

I don't need to be. :) I am not saying what I say just because I won't get the tank.

15:54 Added after 2 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 20 February 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

If the community didn't buy them then WG wouldn't sell them.  Simples.

And? That's my opinion, and it is greedy to do that from WG's side but quess it's just bussiness, right?

kallyd #202 Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 79697 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
Thats one of the best months I have seen in that game. The challenge is hardcore and I am not gonna have the time to complete it but , man, finally I see there is enough variety in it, different goals through the stages, well formed and different mastery conditions too and you can do it in tier 9 also. This month you login in the game and there is plenty of stuff you can choose to do ... or not to do. I simply dont remember better challenge than this one. And its not only that but at the same time you can do the chinese tanks mission or the cars missions. I can actually only congrat Wargaming that they put efford in this. 

Homer_J #203 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:04 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

With milking I mean squeezing money out of everything. Like marathons as a example which has changed to this money grap over time.

You mean they have given those of us with a jobs an option to get the same stuff nolifers get for free?

it's just bussiness, right?

Show me a business which doesn't put profits first and I'll show you one which is about to go under.

FijObb #204 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19793 battles
  • [-SIR] -SIR
7th stage is deal breaker. Literally. 

Objec7 #205 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14824 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 20 February 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

You mean they have given those of us with a jobs an option to get the same stuff nolifers get for free?

it's just bussiness, right?

Show me a business which doesn't put profits first and I'll show you one which is about to go under.

You are finding things I haven't said. I said I have nothing with WG making money with marathons. You got a job? As a troll? :trollface:

I also never said that WG shouldn't put profits first.

ultra44 #206 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48150 battles
  • [C-O-S] C-O-S

edited

Edited by 11poseidon11, 20 February 2019 - 06:34 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing moderation.

eekeeboo #207 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:41 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46792 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 20 February 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

Yep. But as RU stands for about 60-70% of the overall player base obviously requirements are mainly based on their stats+expectations.

I'd really love to see how the servers differ in that regard (I know, business secret, subject to capital punishment).

Actually that's pretty clear already even if you're not stating it explicitly yet. The marathon bundle content is already defined by the published mission rewards (nominal gold value about 17k, probably priced at 50-60 Euro), and the price of the vehicle itself is defined in the database at 7000 gold, so 500 gold or 1-2 Euro more than the other T8 premium lights.

Yeah there are a lot more players, but overall you will get a statistical average, the way it works is the more sample you have the more standardised it becomes, so it's not a bad thing :) 

For the package not even I know for sure what's in it yet until tomorrow. From there we can look at it, but 11 pages of various amounts of people complaining at a 70 euro package that doesn't exist yet ;) 

16:45 Added after 3 minutes

View PostGeno1isme, on 20 February 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

Ehm, are you kidding? Historically we had one, maybe two T8 marathons per year. This however is the fourth T8 marathon in the last 12 months, the last one basically just a few weeks ago. Not including lower-tier stuff like the Kursk event.

It's not just Frontline that has come on top, also many of the regular missions have become really time-consuming recently if you want to complete them, not to mention we had just finished a CW campaign. And that's still without Top-of-the-tree, and I assume we'll also see another Ranked season pretty soon.

Sure, on paper it all looks nice and generous that you provide so many opportunities to get stuff. But in the end it's all just sales tactics, that has become pretty obvious already since the CAX challenge. You guys should be careful that it doesn't backfire soon as people burn out.

The last one was the SU130, a proper tier 8 Marathon, that was the end of last year. With a big request from players (even before I started as CM) from players for more events like those because people want to play in them and those who like the discount they earn like having something to do and earning something valuable from them.

If you remove the frontlines which some see wrongly as a grind, the last tier 8 grind  (SU 130) finished on the 10th of December. The CW season is something completely different because players were pleading for competitive play and modes. Like the CW event, that wasn't a sales tactic, this is why there's an element of exasperation at people complaining because they're getting too much free stuff, but they're getting so much free stuff they want it to be easier. 

16:46 Added after 4 minutes

View PostSzatanshow, on 20 February 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

IF that was the case there wouldn't be bundle offers, if you're going to try and put words in my mouth, please make it consistent with the message and not random. You will have more success. 

eekeeboo #208 Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:51 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46792 battles

View PostObjec7, on 20 February 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

With milking I mean squeezing money out of everything. Like marathons as a example which has changed to this money grap over time. It is pretty clear that you have 'levels' to make each level player stopping to level you want (and then there's easy mission again to get total time needed as down as possible) while requirements would normally grow expotentially.

And you can keep saying that I or other players don't have to take this generous event you made for us, my point is that it shouldn't be like this but it is you who decide whether you wan't it to be playerbase friendly or pocket friendly, I will try it nevertheless.

15:53 Added after 1 minute

I don't need to be. :) I am not saying what I say just because I won't get the tank.

15:54 Added after 2 minutes

And? That's my opinion, and it is greedy to do that from WG's side but quess it's just bussiness, right?

The challenge sets of missions have been this way after a lot of players from the times of the "IS6 marathon" complained and wanted to be able to pay to skip stages. If players ask for something to be monetised, it's a generally good idea to not tell them: "No you can't spend your money!". You can look back at the time these challenges were called marathons and you can look at those requirements yourself. 

And the point is that you are saying give more free for easier because it's not free or easy enough. And as soon as you're happy, someone else complains because it's too hard for them. That's why server averages are used because then you have the standard and you know where to stop rather than dropping it to the stage where anyone can get it for little to no effort. You have to set a standard in allowing players who actually play the game and contribute to the game in one way or another can be rewarded vs rewarding those who want to or do contribute little. 

View PostFijObb, on 20 February 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

7th stage is deal breaker. Literally. 

It's probably one of the more time consuming but not impossible. 

View Postultra44, on 20 February 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

PLEASE actually read the forum rules you're sent when you're given the warning point to avoid future points and sanctions! Your post was removed because it broke the rules, just as this does not, and repeating the post is a sure fire way for a ban. It really is simple. 

ultra44 #209 Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48150 battles
  • [C-O-S] C-O-S

ahahah great freedom of speach here on WgG forum.

Only thign that I broke as a rule is that I was speaking the truth!

WoT_RU_Doing #210 Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55894 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postultra44, on 20 February 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

You are posting on a site hosted by a company. Why on earth would you believe that you have any right to freedom of speech in a moderated forum?

gunslingerXXX #211 Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12486 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 04:13 PM, said:

But you don't know the cost of the vehicle itself and what (if anything) will be included until it's in the premium shop. Then you can go from there with the discount. 

Fair enough I don't know for sure. However in all previous recent marathons the bundle contained the rewards for the various missions, which seems the case here. These rewards are published and mainly credits or purchaseble for credits.

As mentioned previously I have no way to play a lot, so discount is likely only 20% for me.

eekeeboo #212 Posted 20 February 2019 - 06:54 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46792 battles

View Postultra44, on 20 February 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

There was more rule breaking there than you say, feel free to actually read the warning and the rules that were both sent to you and explained clearly, with this post you clearly highlighted you did neither! 

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 20 February 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Fair enough I don't know for sure. However in all previous recent marathons the bundle contained the rewards for the various missions, which seems the case here. These rewards are published and mainly credits or purchaseble for credits.

As mentioned previously I have no way to play a lot, so discount is likely only 20% for me.

That's understandable, but when even I don't know the packages yet, having to "defend" this choice on something that hasn't been done and isn't even an issue yet is something that shouldn't need to happen, like attacking something that hasn't happened yet. 

There's a "Rarr rarr bundle rarr rarr" or "I hope it's not bundled sale" 

Jumping_Turtle #213 Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67360 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

but they're getting so much free stuff they want it to be easier. 

If that is a bit about my remarsk than perhaps I wasnt clear. I dont mind the conditions, but also sometimes some time to just play the randoms, without the 'need' for these grinds would be nice. Why not give us a few weeks of nothing after the SU marathon, Christmas event, clanwars, frontline, referral program and some of those even overlap eachother. In the past we had several weeks/months without any of these grinds and I liked that way better. I do not have to get anything for free every month.

Edited by Jumping_Turtle, 20 February 2019 - 07:23 PM.

gunslingerXXX #214 Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:56 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12486 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

There was more rule breaking there than you say, feel free to actually read the warning and the rules that were both sent to you and explained clearly, with this post you clearly highlighted you did neither! 

That's understandable, but when even I don't know the packages yet, having to "defend" this choice on something that hasn't been done and isn't even an issue yet is something that shouldn't need to happen, like attacking something that hasn't happened yet. 

There's a "Rarr rarr bundle rarr rarr" or "I hope it's not bundled sale" 

Guess we'll see tomorrow then, but you can not blame me for thinking the setup is the same as for Prosecco/AX/SU 130, so pricing&bundle method will be similar as well. Sure the non-discounted price might be adjusted because its a light tank, but still chances are pretty big the price will be roughly double that of the tank only.

Anyway, thanks again for your continued responses and activity in the thread :honoring:

Objec7 #215 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14824 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

The challenge sets of missions have been this way after a lot of players from the times of the "IS6 marathon" complained and wanted to be able to pay to skip stages. If players ask for something to be monetised, it's a generally good idea to not tell them: "No you can't spend your money!". You can look back at the time these challenges were called marathons and you can look at those requirements yourself. 

And the point is that you are saying give more free for easier because it's not free or easy enough. And as soon as you're happy, someone else complains because it's too hard for them. That's why server averages are used because then you have the standard and you know where to stop rather than dropping it to the stage where anyone can get it for little to no effort. You have to set a standard in allowing players who actually play the game and contribute to the game in one way or another can be rewarded vs rewarding those who want to or do contribute little. 

PLEASE actually read the forum rules you're sent when you're given the warning point to avoid future points and sanctions! Your post was removed because it broke the rules, just as this does not, and repeating the post is a sure fire way for a ban. It really is simple. 

Well don't know about IS-6 but T25 Pilot marathon and progetto marathon were both good, not too hard even tho the Pilot marathon was propably too easy.

On this 'balanced by statistics' thing' I can't say nothing at all because I don't know what statistics you use and how many players your statistics lets to get a tank.

I don't want stuff easy, I wan't it at reasonable effort like Progetto. Don't know why you raised the requirements, it's not like many players got it for free.

You could let as much people get a tank as possible, without decreasing your income too much. Find the balance between happy players and income. I don't remember people complaining at all during Progetto marathon, and it wasn't too much easier than this one.

Edited by Objec7, 20 February 2019 - 09:39 PM.

CelalaltJe #216 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 45326 battles
  • [SN_RO] SN_RO

Is this time the problem of losing XP between levels, be resolved? I mean, last marathons, if u needed 200xp to complete a lvl and u got a 800xp game, u only got lvl completion and next lvl started from 0. That was frustrating and i hope u resolve it this time.

Every other mission in game take account of all the XP earned, u never lose any XP, new lvl starts with XP left after last lvl completion. Why this one has to be different ?

deorum #217 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 29192 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD

View PostMr_Deo, on 20 February 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

It's easier to get a job.

Seriously, 50 hours of paid work would give you a) time outside, b) something else to do, c) the tank and all the junk that the event has, d) extra money to buy stuff with, e) sunlight.

But hey... If you feel playing 7 hours a day for 13 days is good then okay, whatever.... But 91 hours of grind "work" to get €60 seems like a good deal to you then so be it.  Earning €700+ euros in a crappy job and buying the package seems like a smarter deal to me.  

The point is to see it as a game, if you start seeing it as a job and as money put-->progression done, then game over already. 

Just go to work, and buy yourself all... 
Sure if you reach the end, and you see you need 20-30more minutes, go ahead and play them. But otherwise... The argument is flawed. Because if you start thinking like that the game (any game) is of no sense. 

Bordhaw #218 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14142 battles

So I can play WoT for 5+ hours per day for a couple of weeks to get this for free or I can work in real life for a few hours and just buy it...no and no. 

kallyd #219 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 79697 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
Yes, its fixed, there are no 2 stages in a row for exp grind

deorum #220 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 29192 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Ok, im gonna be totally hated for that, but...

The other day i was thinking, that it would be nice for Frontline to be moneytized... i mean its a shame if i would miss the secret t9 tank (prestige 10 needed) while i have reached for example 90% progress... i really would like to be able to give 5-6€ and be over. 

Edited by deorum, 21 February 2019 - 01:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users