The Challenge on Wheels Rolls Out

• Please log in to reply
472 replies to this topic

Objec7 #221 Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14820 battles

View Postdeorum, on 20 February 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Ok, im gonna be totally hated for that, but...

The other day i was thinking, that it would be not for Frontline to be moneytized... i mean its a shame if i would miss the secret t9 tank (prestige 10 needed) while i have reached for example 90%... i really would like to be able to give 5-6€ and be over. 

No, it should be rewarded to players who actually play the game, not just be allowed to be bought by any bob. It is frontline special and that it should stay as.

Edited by Objec7, 21 February 2019 - 02:11 PM.

Mr_Deo #222 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43314 battles
  • [ESAF] ESAF

View Postdeorum, on 20 February 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

The point is to see it as a game, if you start seeing it as a job and as money put-->progression done, then game over already. 

Just go to work, and buy yourself all... 
Sure if you reach the end, and you see you need 20-30more minutes, go ahead and play them. But otherwise... The argument is flawed. Because if you start thinking like that the game (any game) is of no sense. 

Playing a game for 7+ hours a day for weeks on end should really a big warning flag in the "game" of Life.  Sure there may be some people who fall into some situation where it's normal, broken limbs in an accident, holiday cover all just happening on those weeks, waiting in jail for your trial date.  Most people (non-purps) should not grind these things to the top.

If it was just "A Game" then perhaps you could ignore it.  WG do not build these events or their pricing structure around it being just "A Game"... They build it around milking whales and idiots.

Now, I am not saying that you shouldn't play 7+ hours a day, it's a personal choice at the end of the day.  I am just saying that IF your playing 7+ hours a day with the sole intention of getting something "free" then your a idiot and should probably re-evaluate how life works.  If your playing 7+ hours a day regularly then of course push the grind, but also re-evaluate things.

But eh, that's just my view.

22:29 Added after 3 minutes

View PostCelalaltJe, on 20 February 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Is this time the problem of losing XP between levels, be resolved? I mean, last marathons, if u needed 200xp to complete a lvl and u got a 800xp game, u only got lvl completion and next lvl started from 0. That was frustrating and i hope u resolve it this time.

Every other mission in game take account of all the XP earned, u never lose any XP, new lvl starts with XP left after last lvl completion. Why this one has to be different ?

Doubtful.

Think of each stage as a mission.  When a battle is done it's results are added to the mission counter, if a mission counter gets marked as done then the next mission becomes activated.

They could make it work, but it's so much easier to just let it work as described.

TungstenHitman #223 Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28940 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS
No thanks. Unfortunately the non-tanks of this game, aka. arty and now wheelies are negatively impacting on ACTUAL tanks gameplay beyond even my tolerance levels. Being farmed by both these classes of non-tanks while just trying to enjoy a tank game with a tank against another tank has just pushed the toxicity of gameplay into something I'm not willing to put up with and find no fun of late so what I'll do instead is quit the game, because it's a silly circus act every battle now, and check it out some other time and see if it gets back to some sort of tank vs tank game in the future, though my hunch would be the game is going doomed. Just too much gimmicks, non tank content and non tank influences in what's supposed to be a forking tank vs tank game. Gj WG, keep em coming.  

deorum #224 Posted 21 February 2019 - 01:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 29120 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD

View PostMr_Deo, on 20 February 2019 - 10:25 PM, said:

Playing a game for 7+ hours a day for weeks on end should really a big warning flag in the "game" of Life.  Sure there may be some people who fall into some situation where it's normal, broken limbs in an accident, holiday cover all just happening on those weeks, waiting in jail for your trial date.  Most people (non-purps) should not grind these things to the top.

If it was just "A Game" then perhaps you could ignore it.  WG do not build these events or their pricing structure around it being just "A Game"... They build it around milking whales and idiots.

Now, I am not saying that you shouldn't play 7+ hours a day, it's a personal choice at the end of the day.  I am just saying that IF your playing 7+ hours a day with the sole intention of getting something "free" then your a idiot and should probably re-evaluate how life works.  If your playing 7+ hours a day regularly then of course push the grind, but also re-evaluate things.

But eh, that's just my view.

22:29 Added after 3 minutes

Doubtful.

Think of each stage as a mission.  When a battle is done it's results are added to the mission counter, if a mission counter gets marked as done then the next mission becomes activated.

They could make it work, but it's so much easier to just let it work as described.

We agree in the general approach, but i dont think it my maths show 7h per day.
That would need around 200base XP average. 
My maths show around 3 hours per day (for 600base xp which is pretty avg, in my "good tanks" i do like 800), and maybe a a couple of more hours in weekends to fill the gap, if in weekdays you might play on avg a bit less. 

Again if you dont fully do it, in the end giving like 5€, the way the progression goes expontentially, saves you like 20% of the time-grind.

So realistically, if you plan on reaching 80-90% of progress, its less than 2h per day, which is what the majority of people anyway plays. 

So the way i see it, is more or less, keep playing as you normally did, and in the end, if you fancy open your wallet for a beers/coffe worth of cost. 

Edited by deorum, 21 February 2019 - 03:10 AM.

Zmago5000 #225 Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10624 battles
SO Whats then the full price of this vehicle?

Furlock #226 Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66796 battles
  • [EWOKS] EWOKS

Yeah, keep pushing your wheelie agenda. Keep pushing that thing called "hey guys, you can get it for free", and then innocently (lol) break the spines at level 6 or 7... so there will be still enough to sell the wheelie.

Keep pushing, double YOU gaming.

MeetriX #227 Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:41 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View Postdeorum, on 21 February 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

Again if you dont fully do it, in the end giving like 5€, the way the progression goes expontentially, saves you like 20% of the time-grind.

So realistically, if you plan on reaching 80-90% of progress, its less than 2h per day, which is what the majority of people anyway plays. 

So the way i see it, is more or less, keep playing as you normally did, and in the end, if you fancy open your wallet for a beers/coffe worth of cost. 

Those numbers does not match.

CptJackSquirrel #228 Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5966 battles
  • [KULIN] KULIN
I'll just play as usual and I hope I can reach lvl 6-7 to get some free stuff. I'm not interested in WV so anyway I won't buy it

Trostani #229 Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49424 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 20 February 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

Insulting for you is not "Many" players, people like discounts and appreciate the chance at free things, because you don't get something for free doesn't mean others won't and don't include all the other mission rewards. Your personal approach right here is because you can't get free things, no one should. 

15:14 Added after 0 minutes

There's always a choice, no one makes you go for it, no one makes you play, no one makes you try to get something for free, that's all down to you. 
15:16 Added after 2 minutes

This is not only my opinion, no matter how much you will try to depreciate it, you can ask for example Parim about community feedback regarding this event. I don't really care that you are trying to sell product but when you are trying to persuade community that you are giving 'free stuff' and in the same time set conditions that much less than 1% players will be able to get it without paying - this will have consequences.

And about my choices - I have premium account, I want to play but don't want to have wasted time by idiotic events like this. And it's not only about prizes - gameplay alterations will brake my game feeling. I don't have real choice right now because you are not offering suspending PA for given time. If you don't want to understand how it affect my and similar players shopping decisions in the future it's not my problem but your company.

TheArk_2014 #230 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 66046 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

View PostTrostani, on 21 February 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

1)  .... you are trying to persuade community that you are giving 'free stuff' .....

2) ....  I want to play but don't want to have wasted time by idiotic events like this. 

3)  .... it's not my problem but your company.

1) As hard and as many times I read the text, at the web page about the event, it wasn't possible to read somewhere the words "This tank is for free".  I clearly read that this is a Marathon (also, they say that it is a hard one), this means a lot of effort, a lot of battles or money ... This is not a free tank ... and no one states it like this.

2) If you don't like this marathon, the only thing you have to do is just play the game as you always do, there is no need to play harder or more ... and even so, you will get some of the prices.

3) The 99,90% of the worlds population, even many of the rich ones, cannot buy a Rolls Royce but they do not accuse the RR company for this.

:)

Finally it is a matter of personal choice, if you want the tank, you have to ...

- Play good and hard.

- Play a lot.

- Play as many as you like, take the discount and pay for the rest of the price.

... or ...

If you don't care at all, just play as usually and soon enough the event will be over ...

... no one forces you to participate to the event.

:)

Edited by TheArk_2014, 21 February 2019 - 09:56 AM.

Weak_man #231 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7137 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG
So many directives in this bundle that have zero value for average players. This directives cannot be sold at least for half of the purchase price in bonds. At least that 50 % credits booster was good but now you reduce them and put this no value directives. Bad move here wg. Really bad bundle. Even with 50 % discount because of these directives the bundle is bad.

deorum #232 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 29120 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD

View PostMeetriX, on 21 February 2019 - 06:41 AM, said:

Those numbers does not match.

Do you care to elaborate?

Based on QB's video (and my own experience in past events) it was like that.
https://prnt.sc/mo15gd

and these are my personal EXP/tank, and im a pretty much avg player. 
https://prntscr.com/mo160x

Where my estimations are wrong.

Edited by deorum, 21 February 2019 - 09:22 AM.

undutchable80 #233 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10833 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostWeak_man, on 21 February 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

So many directives in this bundle that have zero value for average players. This directives cannot be sold at least for half of the purchase price in bonds. At least that 50 % credits booster was good but now you reduce them and put this no value directives. Bad move here wg. Really bad bundle. Even with 50 % discount because of these directives the bundle is bad.

Agree. The only ones I find useful is the camo, sixth sense and firefighting ones. I wish we could sell them at 50% the regular purchase price…

Oh, and the vehicle is now in the shop @ 62 euros: 

WoT_Panhard EBR 75.JPG

gunslingerXXX #234 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12464 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostWeak_man, on 21 February 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

agree. 62 euro for the tank, crew and useless fluff is too much. Get 20%-30% discount.... no deal :(
08:21 Added after 0 minutes
:(

adameitas #235 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 67860 battles
  • [LTTTT] LTTTT

So guys full price is 62 euro:))))  I remind you in gold tank value it is 7k:) So in general price is same as on other marathon tanks just with way way harder missions and reward is way way way (way) worse.. I think now we can clearly state that this company with this marathon lost last drops of its sanity. The greed took over.

Some facts:

In general ppl that can play lets say 2-3 hours per day max will reach max lvl 6 i think. So at the end they will be able to buy a tank for like 26 eur. In general for a full t8 light price. Guys you can get obj 432 for these money:) So thats how they now call marathon: here you go guys play hard and we will give you an opportunity to buy a new shiny light tank for a full price:)))

Since this tank is t8 he will see loads of t10 that will have like 100 meters better vr. Lol some t10 arties have same 310 vr:) in general this tank is extreme situational. Even for good players. Average players will be just free hp in it.

It is worst t8 marathon reward tank ever. He even will struggle to earn creds. Since he lacks pen and alpha and spotting damage is rewarded way less then damage.

Bc of missions like 7 and 9 at the end of marathon gameplay might become pure horror. Ppl will enter game do several shots then suicide and repeat and repeat and repeat...

All those directives, some creds and prem days are worth around 37eur. More then a tank it self. So what is it? A tank marathon or a [edited]directives marathon? Damn guys in game for 5k gold (20eur) you can get 45 personal reserves pack (15 of them are creds boosters).

By the way check Skill4ltu vid on YT. You too WG.

Edited by adameitas, 21 February 2019 - 09:26 AM.

gunslingerXXX #236 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12464 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
:( sad panda over here
08:27 Added after 2 minutes

So to get an actual discount you need 70% !

Come on WG.

FijObb #237 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19793 battles
  • [-SIR] -SIR

Worse bundle, similar price and conversion gold value is 63% to Progetto. Interesting...

60% discount from the marathon will give you similar price that LT-432. 

Del059 #238 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33901 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN
Light tank premiums are usually around £21-24. This price shows that you are grinding for the addons and then can buy a full price tank at 60-70% discount. Not going to bother. 

Edited by Del059, 21 February 2019 - 09:33 AM.

deorum #239 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 29120 battles
  • [GBIRD] GBIRD

View Postadameitas, on 21 February 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

In general ppl that can play lets say 2-3 hours per day max will reach max lvl 6 i think. So at the end they will be able to buy a tank for like 26 eur. In general for a full t8 light price. Guys you can get obj 432 for these money:) So thats how they now call marathon: here you go guys play hard and we will give you an opportunity to buy a new shiny light tank for a full price:)))

Again, this estimation is about 2 times off.

avg players that play 2-3 hours/day will reach at LEAST lvl8, not max lvl 6. 

Weak_man #240 Posted 21 February 2019 - 09:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7137 battles
  • [AMURG] AMURG
Let us sell these directives for half of the purchase price in bonds and it will be a thing. These are good only for unicums. For 90 % of the players are useless. Why you force us to get this things ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users