pansy

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:21 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Right, I first need to make this clear. This is not a 100% Serious mod. What do I mean by that? Well, this is just something I found I could do the other night and I've been having fun messing around with. I don't plan on keeping this updated indefinitely or anything. I mean, I'll fix an issue if it's present but don't expect me to be trying to maintain this every patch, especially if WG Suddenly makes it so I can't even edit them without crashes. Oh and, I mentioned in my custom camouflage thread that I'm working on something of a replacement to it. That's still in the works, but I've been distracted by a few things and am also still working on other parts of it, but it's definitely not been put off entirely just yet.

Anyway, as I said and implied by the title, I only just found out the other night I could edit the colour values for the customisation paints. So, as you do, I decided to mess with the colours. Initially I was just planning on changing a few I didn't like, but then I decided to start modifying almost all of them. Some of the colours are based historically while others are not. Included as well are a few colours taken from FastestClassic's skin packs, so an obvious shout out to him.

The changes vary, some are complete swaps to the colours, while others are less obvious. Other than the base paints (which I obviously didn't change except for the Primer Red colour found in that section, which I changed to a white colour) and Polish paints (because I do not own any Polish vehicles that can apply paint, nor am I going to anytime soon), there are only two paints that didn't get changed at all; the Italian grey-green and defensive grey. Here's the thing I've been using to keep track of my edits:

Spoiler

And to show off a few in-game:

Spoiler

Do note that the icons in the garage have not been changed, so that may be a bit confusing. I might work on replacing them to match my new colours, or I may not. As of right now, the colours aren't entirely final, there's some I still plan on swapping around as I'm not 100% Happy with them as is and of course I'm open to suggestions on changes. I of course also have the Poles to mess with depending on either if I Free-XP to Tier VI (which is a huge waste IMO So I'm really not planning on) or I wait for the next Test Server.

Finally before I post a download, I advise being a bit lenient on buying paints just based on my replacements, for fairly obvious reasons, but what you do with your Gold is up to you really. I do of course recommend if you have Notepad++ or whatever to mess with them yourself. If you want a clean version I could either upload one or you could grab it yourself, but in the latter case you need to remove the xmlref line at the very top.

Alright, download link:

https://wgmods.net/3294/

Just pop the scripts folder into the patch folder in res_mods and it should work. If you have any issues of course, let me know. And of course, since I mentioned him because I used some of his colours, a link to FastestClassic's work for the curious:

https://classicswotworkshop.weebly.com/

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 04 May 2019 - 06:10 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Well first test. I may colour-swap and crap but I'm no artist. :teethhappy:

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:03 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated download to v1.01. The changes are:

-modified Italian colours a bit (they were the first I did and I wasn't happy with them after the changes to the rest)

-added custom GUI Icons to match the new colours. They're not perfect, but hey, they do what's intended and that's all that matters

As always let me know if there's any issues.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 22 February 2019 - 03:03 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 24 February 2019 - 08:54 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Poland has been added (and icons respectively for those changes). Since it's only 7 Images, I can actually just separate post comparison pictures right here:

Spoiler

If it's familiar, the 5th colour is FastestClassic's Polish grey green while the 1st is my AFV Green. :bush:

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 03 March 2019 - 04:00 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Just a warning. After playing some 50-60 Battles and no issues, I had two games yesterday where I failed to load in until I moved the customisation folder out of my res_mods. Unfortunately I'm not sure what causes the issue, I had assumed it was to do with certain tanks in those games since I hadn't seen many but I can load replays with those tanks just fine (except the games where I couldn't load in of course) and no other tanks stood out as being rare enough that I had simply not met one until then. 

Not sure what the issue is, not sure if it's something I can even fix, so yeah, just letting you know. I'm gonna keep playing with it to see how much I otherwise get crashes but who knows, maybe it was a shortlived mod. It'd be a real shame to have had absolutely no issues for a fair number of battles only to suddenly not be able to load in every second game. :P

misterslate #6 Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11884 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 03 March 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

Just a warning. After playing some 50-60 Battles and no issues, I had two games yesterday where I failed to load in until I moved the customisation folder out of my res_mods. Unfortunately I'm not sure what causes the issue, I had assumed it was to do with certain tanks in those games since I hadn't seen many but I can load replays with those tanks just fine (except the games where I couldn't load in of course) and no other tanks stood out as being rare enough that I had simply not met one until then. 

Not sure what the issue is, not sure if it's something I can even fix, so yeah, just letting you know. I'm gonna keep playing with it to see how much I otherwise get crashes but who knows, maybe it was a shortlived mod. It'd be a real shame to have had absolutely no issues for a fair number of battles only to suddenly not be able to load in every second game. :P

I hope you manage to get it sorted.   :honoring:

Desyatnik_Pansy #7 Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:18 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postmisterslate, on 03 March 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

I hope you manage to get it sorted.   :honoring:

It's been narrowed down now at least. I went and grabbed the list xml again and there's a few more lines than before. Arguably I should've checked this first but I wasn't actually aware there was an update or something that added anything new, so that's an error on my part. I'll be updating it a bit later today after playing a session just to be certain.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 04 March 2019 - 05:33 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:57 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 04 March 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

It's been narrowed down now at least. I went and grabbed the list xml again and there's a few more lines than before. Arguably I should've checked this first but I wasn't actually aware there was an update or something that added anything new, so that's an error on my part. I'll be updating it a bit later today after playing a session just to be certain.

Updated to v1.03 Now, though it's just fixing rather any additions (since, I mean, what edits can I make anyway now? :P). If there are any further issues let me know, but the issue I had should no longer be a problem.

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 20 March 2019 - 09:14 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Updated to v1.04. I modified a few paints slightly (you can see the changes in the lower part of the preview image now, which I've also added below for convenience) and updated the xml so now it works with this patch, aka, paints can also be applied to Tier VIIs. Let me know if there are any issues.

Spoiler

Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:02 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Title changed to just "Paint Edits" because it's easier that way to separate it from my customisation edits as a whole thread. Also modified the first and second Polish colour, hence updated it to v1.05, but I'll have to post the image with the modified colours tomorrow.

EDIT: Updated image added to the OP Now. The reason behind the change is to support my customisation edits as a whole, since I used the Polish colour 2 for the British Gold Style and wanted to make it more accurate as the original colour was too dark. However I did like the original, so maybe in the future I'll swap it to a different colour instead and return the original.

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 01 April 2019 - 09:34 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #11 Posted 14 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Upcoming changes with 1.5. Since the paint system changed (namely, available to all tanks now, hurrah!) I won't be uploading the update just yet since it wouldn't work, and I'm not updating the existing one to reflect the changes if 1.5 Is just around the corner anyway.

Spoiler

-the Chinese colour is actually colour 3, not colour 1; mistake on my part that I'll fix later. It's more a quality of life change, it shouldn't actually look much different but is less overly saturated.

-decided I wasn't happy with the black colour so just made a dark bluish-grey instead. Happier with it now

-ditto above, but with the desert. Now it matches the desert spots camo as well, which is nice

-I felt Sweden colour 5 was too close to both colour 1 and the base paint, and wanted to make a brighter green option for Sweden too (that is different to colour 2, which to be fair only exists for the splinter pattern). Might modify it a bit more before the update

-I wanted to try to make the British caunter scheme (or something similar again) and with the paint system, I can more easily match the colour, so I made the light blue a blue grey to work with the caunter scheme. I might swap it to replace colour 1 and put the light blue back though

-the change to Italy colour 1 is similar to the Chinese edit, it's more a quality of life change that really isn't noticeable

-Italy colour 2 swapped to a lighter brown. It's almost too close to the Czech colour, but also isn't, so it's fine as it is right now

-there is no actual change to Colour 4. In fact, I just had accidentally listed colour 4 as a test colour that I then changed and never fixed, so that's fixed now

-colour 6 and 7 were modified to colour-match this pattern

Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 04 May 2019 - 06:12 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17758 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Since it finally got reviewed. Updated to 1.5 And swapped the download to the WGMods site. I already added it to the OP And posted it in the customisation edits thread, but regardless, here's the paint changes with v1.6.

Spoiler

Also tagged with pansy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users