premium at7 nocredit ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Boso_The_Tank #1 Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1831 battles

Hello community,

I would like to find out what you guys have to say to how annoyingly unplayable this game can be. I am going the Uk tech tree up to the badger. I am currently at AT7. I have premium and a crew with 1-2 skills/head already gained. I am not that bad at this game (at least i like to think so)  and i seem to constantly loose credits instead of gaining any. 

I started my day with 170.000 credits and in 2 hours i got to 140.000 credits. I see myself more often than not, go back to my tier IV tank Alecto to make some credits back. 

Please don't come at me with "get gud" and other useless comments. Just let me know if your experience is similar.

The tank has: Enhanced gun laying, binoculars and tool box.

Thanks,

Boso 

Element6 #2 Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30763 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Do you shoot a lot of premium ammo, or use any premium consumables like food, large repair/med kits?

Boso_The_Tank #3 Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1831 battles

View PostElement6, on 21 February 2019 - 10:37 PM, said:

Do you shoot a lot of premium ammo, or use any premium consumables like food, large repair/med kits?

No. I try to not use my simple kits. I don't get large ones. I don't buy premium rounds. Manual extinguisher, small kits.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69185 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tier 7 usually is not a credit sinker that badly. But basic is damage = credits. If you miss lots of shots, don't do much damage, and take more damage then you do on mid tiers. That's when you lose credits. Do more damage then you take, get assists, and make your shots count. You can still get a profit.  You just need to learn to find the balance between those a bit better.

Noo_Noo #5 Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22349 battles
Gun rammer on the AT-7 must be an option surely?

Anything to increase your DPM. 

I probably wouldn't use binocs either. I'd go with vents I think and go to built up areas and shoot heavies

Edited by Noo_Noo, 21 February 2019 - 11:16 PM.

Slyspy #6 Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBoso_The_Tank, on 21 February 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

Hello community,

I would like to find out what you guys have to say to how annoyingly unplayable this game can be. I am going the Uk tech tree up to the badger. I am currently at AT7. I have premium and a crew with 1-2 skills/head already gained. I am not that bad at this game (at least i like to think so)  and i seem to constantly loose credits instead of gaining any. 

I started my day with 170.000 credits and in 2 hours i got to 140.000 credits. I see myself more often than not, go back to my tier IV tank Alecto to make some credits back. 

Please don't come at me with "get gud" and other useless comments. Just let me know if your experience is similar.

Thanks,

Boso 

Yes it is grindy, that is the point of most F2P games, especially ones from 2011. I'd recommend picking a more interesting and dynamic tech tree to follow, it may help. 

Worth noting that you are supposed to grind out credits at low/mid tiers to fund higher tier play (or buy a premium account or do both). Quite where in the tiers this happens is down partly to your ability as a player (the better you play the higher you can go).

TPpie #7 Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15939 battles

The AT line isn't exactly the best line to grind credits due to how situational the tanks throughout the line are and sometimes you'll end up doing not enough damage to compensate for your costs due to the battle being decided before you can take your position and/or your position being compromised by a more flexible tank.

Personally I wouldn't go down the AT line beyond the AT-2 which is still meme worthy on occasion. I mean even with the Tort buff and the cool looking Badger I don't think its worth it especially if credits are on your mind. (Ignore the fact I've already grinned the line tho.)

You could buy the premium AT TD if you like the line, though I have no experience in that tank.

Edited by TPpie, 21 February 2019 - 11:24 PM.

Boso_The_Tank #8 Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1831 battles

View PostTPpie, on 21 February 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

The AT line isn't exactly the best line to grind credits due to how situational the tanks throughout the line are and sometimes you'll end up doing not enough damage to compensate for your costs due to the battle being decided before you can take your position and/or your position being compromised by a more flexible tank.

Man you are so right about these tanks :)) I had so many situations where i am still on my way out of base and the arty shots killed 4 crew members and tracks. You just end up perma-stunned and die. 

I must be very lucky to be able to get into a spot. 

TheR3dBaron #9 Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35266 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

Around tier 6 you can farm some credits, but do use another line as suggested before. Going straight for tier 10 is not the best idea either. The git gud remark is valid in this sense that it is difficult to make credits past tier 8, even more so without premium. You will have to grind a lot of credits at a lower tier for your tier 9 grind, and it will be frustrating.

Get a good tank at tier 6 and farm credits, while you build up a 2 - 3 skill crew. This in turn will make life easier at higher tiers. Staying a long time below tier 6 is not recommended either I think, but going higher much faster will be hell. I have 35k battles, while running a premium account after a few tier 6 tanks. I have 20 tanks left to unlock.

apaleytos #10 Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16504 battles

Game HAS to be grindy(freexp) and costly(prem account & tanks)

75% of the playerbase have never spent a cent in WoT.... 

They had 2 option to increase profit

a) Make gameplay amazing and endgame exciting so players get hooked into it,balancing/MM/maps etc and actually wanting to spent money.Maybe some gamemodes exclusive to premium accounts,free mount-dis mount equipment,chaffee races.Some examples,I dont know it is not my job to make prem account more appealing.

B)Keep the "whales" happy with new prem tanks every week and force f2p peasants out their comfort zone (T5-T6) being bottom tier almost every game.

F2P model can either be "cosmetic changes" or soft/hard P2W to survive.WG did nice job these year profiting so their model works.Game is still alive,people are buying things from the shop.They can sell some more defenders  and cover the losses from all the "QQ im leaving game is not balanced etc".

Im subbed to an other MMO and i can get a respond from a GM in 2 hours,because im a customer there.In wot the game is "free" and you are treated like someone passing by.

"But i have spent so much money here"

"it was your choise the game is free"

Edited by apaleytos, 22 February 2019 - 12:21 AM.

tumppi776 #11 Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 45486 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

Overall the UK tech is horrible.

I have yet to unlock a single UK tier X. The grinds are just too painfull.

So I suspect you should switch to a turreted line of a another nation.

RU Heavy line to IS7 or RU medium line to T62A/Obj140

Edited by tumppi776, 22 February 2019 - 06:28 AM.

HassenderZerhacker #12 Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:33 AM

Major

• Player
  • 29085 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

Hello community,

Thanks,

Boso 

playing tanks with good mobility helps to make credits.

the reason is that you can spot / take a few opportunity shots, relocate, rinse, reapeat, plus you can have a share of the endgame farming.

slow tanks never get the chance

LordMuffin #13 Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Hello community,

Thanks,

Boso 

The 230 alpha 223 penetration gun some British tanks have is the most expensive, or close to, in damage per credit with regular AP shells.

So the AT-7 is very expensive to run for that reason alone (very expensive shells for what damage they do).

A Tiger I on the other hand is a very good credit maker due to very cheap shells.

As for equipment. 

Go with Rammers - Vents - Optics imo.

And for crew 6th sense + repairs and then BiA. 

Edited by LordMuffin, 22 February 2019 - 06:56 AM.

JocMeister #14 Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 25814 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Hello community,

Thanks,

Boso 

600 damage/game and a 68% hitrate @ tier 7 wont earn you any Credits.

You picked a very bad line to start the game with. I strongly suggest you give up on that line for a good while. Start grinding towards the IS and/or Obj

140 instead. 

The IS line is very for giving and high alpha means you will be hard pressed NOT to earn credits.

My personal suggestion is to unlock the T-34-85 and play that until you can relaibly do your own HP in damage and have a 50% WR in it. If you can learn to play the T-34-85 properly you can learn any tank. 

s3thus #15 Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19624 battles
F2P games are designed around funneling players into buying boosts from the store. On the other hand, do not rush up the tree. Learn the maps and game mechanics, wait for discounts/events to do your shopping/grinding.

Captain_Kremen0 #16 Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38142 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

OP I think you have hit tier 7 too early and in a difficult line.

Run up a couple of medium lines (they are more flexible to changing situations) to gain more map and game knowledge. The UK line up to the Cromwell is nice, as are some of the US. Plenty will tell you of Rasha superior!

HundeWurst #17 Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 72941 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Thats WGs way telling you to buy stuff....

Its a pain to grind credits without a premiuma ccount and premium tanks indeed.

WindSpIitter1 #18 Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 278 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBoso_The_Tank, on 21 February 2019 - 11:30 PM, said:

Man you are so right about these tanks :)) I had so many situations where i am still on my way out of base and the arty shots killed 4 crew members and tracks. You just end up perma-stunned and die. 

I must be very lucky to be able to get into a spot. 

There are quite a few tanks that feel very "on/off" - in that they have properties suited for particular maps and/or certain matchups (gun, armor in particular). The AT7 is probably one of those. Its main trick was always to hide everything but the gun behind a building. Won't help you when you get nuked driving out of the base, though.

It's of course up to taste what you prefer, but it might be a good idea to get some variety, not to mention something that can contribute in most matches.

That alone is a surefire way to get more credits, not to mention actually having fun. Not that spending thousands of battles at T6 will allow you to master the game, but if you don't fancy the grind there are good reasons to pick a good T6 tank and stick with it. Keep in mind, the halfway point of most lines lies somewhere at T8, and T8s do not have an easier time than T6s in terms of meeting bigger, badder tanks.

Wargaming has some ideas for low-mid tier vehicles:

https://worldoftanks...-100-discounts/

https://worldoftanks...-best-vehicles/

View PostTPpie, on 21 February 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

(...)

You could buy the premium AT TD if you like the line, though I have no experience in that tank.

Same story, but more armor. Not the worst tank, but hardly does anything for learning the game. If people know to shoot the cupola, you're toast. Not quite sure of the mathcmaking it gets nowadays, but I believe I mostly stopped playing because the gun isn't quite up to scratch against T8 HTs and the maps don't lend themselves to intermediate distance fighting. Oh, and it's so slow - it's not like you can pick your opponents.

View PostNoo_Noo, on 21 February 2019 - 11:08 PM, said:

(...)
I probably wouldn't use binocs either. I'd go with vents I think and go to built up areas and shoot heavies

As stupid as binos are, they can arguably be rather useful. Spotting helps the grind, and there's a good chance of spotting tanks that fire at you if you have them up. Of course, the AT7 isn't ideal (think gun arc), but might as well extend your reach since you won't be running anywhere.

I've seen (heard) plenty of weirder tanks with binos/camo net. :P

eekeeboo #19 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:20 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46047 battles

View Postapaleytos, on 21 February 2019 - 11:18 PM, said:

Game HAS to be grindy(freexp) and costly(prem account & tanks)

75% of the playerbase have never spent a cent in WoT.... 

They had 2 option to increase profit

a) Make gameplay amazing and endgame exciting so players get hooked into it,balancing/MM/maps etc and actually wanting to spent money.Maybe some gamemodes exclusive to premium accounts,free mount-dis mount equipment,chaffee races.Some examples,I dont know it is not my job to make prem account more appealing.

B)Keep the "whales" happy with new prem tanks every week and force f2p peasants out their comfort zone (T5-T6) being bottom tier almost every game.

F2P model can either be "cosmetic changes" or soft/hard P2W to survive.WG did nice job these year profiting so their model works.Game is still alive,people are buying things from the shop.They can sell some more defenders  and cover the losses from all the "QQ im leaving game is not balanced etc".

Im subbed to an other MMO and i can get a respond from a GM in 2 hours,because im a customer there.In wot the game is "free" and you are treated like someone passing by.

"But i have spent so much money here"

"it was your choise the game is free"

You will get a response from a GM because they can be in-game support (if it's the game I imagine and you have to remember you also buy expansions) whereas support here is a web service which you can access at any time or it can be a person on the forums like me. There are very few games offering the interaction you get here on the forums with how much I reply to you all. 

That being said, a person has no right to monopolise or demand i spend more time with them than another. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #20 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

You can use one of those codes to get a tier 8 premium for a week...

http://forum.worldof...codes-20182019/

In a week you should be able to make 8-12 million credits. Please choose wisely since you can only use one code!

Also tagged with premium, at7, nocredit, ridiculous

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users