• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

OllieCromwell #21 Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42740 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 February 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

That being said, a person has no right to monopolise or demand i spend more time with them than another. 

Try telling that to the mrs. :)

TALENTSCOUT #22 Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1857 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View PostBoso_The_Tank, on 21 February 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Hello community,

I would like to find out what you guys have to say to how annoyingly unplayable this game can be. I am going the Uk tech tree up to the badger. I am currently at AT7. I have premium and a crew with 1-2 skills/head already gained. I am not that bad at this game (at least i like to think so)  and i seem to constantly loose credits instead of gaining any. 

I started my day with 170.000 credits and in 2 hours i got to 140.000 credits. I see myself more often than not, go back to my tier IV tank Alecto to make some credits back. 

Please don't come at me with "get gud" and other useless comments. Just let me know if your experience is similar.

The tank has: Enhanced gun laying, binoculars and tool box.

Thanks,

Boso 

Shooting SOME damage will also make more credits :playing:

Boso_The_Tank #23 Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1811 battles

@All thank you for the insights. It does seem that I might have bitten more than I could chew with this lineup. I will take a look at maybe going into some turreted options. Maybe Russians. 

Thak you again :)

FryTheFly #24 Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26125 battles

Hmmm, grindy

Maybe,maybe I grind something else someday.

Welcome to grinders.

thetartanbaron #25 Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2522 battles
Of course the game is grindy. If it wasn't then we wouldn't spend real money to avoid the pain of 75% crews and then spend more to convert free xp to avoid more pain playing stock tanks and WOT wouldn't make any money.  Its deliberately grindy to make us spend. You just have to decide how much your time playing crap tanks with untrained crews is worth to you.

spamhamstar #26 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

Welcome to the game economy. 

It seems to be roughly balanced so that the majority of players will be able to play tiers 1-6 completely free without any difficulties.  I think of these as the fun or free tiers.  Once you get above that you will start losing credits if you bounce or miss a lot of shots or don't win at least 50% of your games.  Then you will either need to play lower tier games to make up the short fall if you want the game to remain free or start spending real money on things like premium time or tanks.

This is what fundamentally drives WGs business model.  Being able to play what is essentially a fully supported premium title for free is a huge draw & even more so back when the game launched when free games were generally poor quality.

There is usually a sort of balance between shell cost & damage, as what you earn is primarily based on the damage caused. 

Some guns seem to fall outside this rough rule though & you'll notice they seem to either earn or lose a significant amount due to this.  Tanks like the at7 which has a relatively high shell cost compared to damage will always struggle to make money especially as it is coupled with a high rate of fire.  Where, tanks like the french tier 5 bdr g1 (cheap shells & high damage) tend to make a better than avarage return.  Clearly using prem ammo pushes the shell cost up even higher & so further pushes the balance of the economy in favour of spending real money.

This suggests that only those serious about the game should really bother with the higher tiers.  Otherwise you'll end up spending a lot of time grinding silver to get there in the 1st place & to enable you to keep playing there competitively or spend some real money on the game.  That's entirely up to you of course.

Just to note,

Spoiler

Pansenmann #27 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35122 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBoso_The_Tank, on 22 February 2019 - 11:48 PM, said:

@All thank you for the insights. It does seem that I might have bitten more than I could chew with this lineup. I will take a look at maybe going into some turreted options. Maybe Russians. 

Thak you again :)

you're welcome.

The forum community aint as bad as it seems

one can see with this thread again.  A well written opening post gets good and solid answers.

I can not add much to what has already been said,

basically, to earn more credits you need to find a tank with low shell cost per damage,

as little repair costs as possible and try to stay alive.

XOR42 #28 Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18946 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posts3thus, on 22 February 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

F2P games are designed around funneling players into buying boosts from the store. On the other hand, do not rush up the tree. Learn the maps and game mechanics, wait for discounts/events to do your shopping/grinding.

Absolutely this.

Grinding to tier 10 for new players is a red herring. The game makes you feel like this is progression but you don't become a good player by grinding to tier 10 quickly, you become fodder, out of his depth and lacking in funds. Learn the game in 5-7, amass some funds, get comfortable knowing all the mechanics, then set yourself goals for getting higher.

As always, the destination is important, but if the trip is not enjoyable, the destination will turn sour.

the_nebuchadnezzar #29 Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50707 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Buy a premium tank and some premium days. Problem solved.

Also tagged with premium, at7, nocredit, ridiculous

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users