FV215b needs some love.

FV215b British Heavy Tier X moms spaghetti

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 22 February 2019 - 09:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18843 battles

I'll be straight to the point; the only problem with this tank is it's armor and armor only.

It has decent view range, a good gun, beautiful traverse speed, that was advertised in one of Wargaming's promos for this tank as allowing it to quickly use it's armor and respond to threats trying to flank it.

Well...

https://tanks.gg/tan...?cs=progetto-65

If you take some tier X medium with a low pen value and load standard rounds, it's still going to have a decent chance of penning it through the turret or the stupid fighting compartment weakspot, which is only about120mm thick, if the FV215b is doing what it's meant to do, which is sidescraping.

Okay, so you can't really sidescrape, because, unless you get lucky, everyone is still going to pen you.

What's next?

Let's say you face your enemy directly and, since you have at least 2 working braincells, you hide your weakspot.

NOPE! Directly from the front, the UFP is only about 270mm effective armor, meaning the medium with it's regular ammo has a 50%+ chance to pen you. If they load gold you are wet cardboard.

Okay. Last try. Going hull-down on long range. This works against the tanks on tier X with lowest regular ammo pen. Finnaly something! Yay! A good tactic to go for on some maps at least.

Great, but what if someone decides to load HEAT, or you are facing something, that doesen't have the lowest pen on tier X (Which is nearly everything)?

A turret turned even slightly to the side is wet cardboard.

Directly facing someone firing HEAT means you turret cheeks are wet cardboard.

This goddamn coffin is made of wet cardboard.

What I propose, is just a tiny armor buff:

Buff the turret to the values both Conquerors have and either add the spaced armor, or give it it's own version of this turret with more armor welded-on.

The UFP needs to go up to at least 360mm effective armor. It should not be an area you should aim for, unlike Super Conqeror's, since this is a sidescraper and not a regular frontline heavy.

LFP can stay as-is. As for the compartment weakspot - I think it should be 270mm effective armor, when sidescraping. This is the effective thickness of E-100s turret.

It would make it a viable weakspot, but one, that is manageable by using the traverse speed as it was advertised.

It's a heavy without an autoloader ffs. I get that the AMX 50 B has bad armor as a balancing factor, but it's fast, it has an autoloader and it's a support heavy.

This tank has good DPM, yes, but it would be better if it had a slightly lower dpm and an actual armor, beacause as it is now it takes up a heavy slot, meaning it's going to face the Obj. 705A, which has just hilariously OP armor when sidescraping, the Panzer VII, which is at least decent and don't even make me mention things like Type 5, Super Conqueror, IS-7, Maus or WZ-111-5A.

Pls buff wg

krismorgan #2 Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34549 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
yes plz as i prefer it over super conq:sceptic:

rsanders5 #3 Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27661 battles

You forgot to mention that the cardboard is wet because it is soaked 

in petrol.

Dr_Oolen #4 Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23250 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
But its not a rashn tonk? So why would it need a buff?

Laatikkomafia #5 Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 22887 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I agree with Foch on this one.

Swap the Super Conqueror's and the FV215B's turret.

Derethim #6 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18843 battles

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 23 February 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

I agree with Foch on this one.

Swap the Super Conqueror's and the FV215B's turret.

Now that's an idea! :)

That would nerf an OP tank and buff an underpowered one at once.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users