Please Add "I'm on my side" F key

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26422 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

Simple request, pretty obvious as titled. Yes I'm and idiot, yes I flip my tank on my side when playing light tanks and even medium tanks sometimes, especially with the twilight zone sections of maps that lurk in wait for any fast moving tank and turn them on their side. All I would ask is for an F key to feature "pls help, I flipped my tank". Such a big deal? not at all.

Thing is, I recall many lost battles in which I thought a player was trolling or a total noob or worse, I thought a player was cover the cap or had my back(including me) only to discover they were on their side. It's not a big ask, makes sense more than anything. Learn to drive? indeed sir, though driving, watching the minimap, manually aiming and formulating a solution to the enemy teams moves sometimes catches me to miss that hidden pile of rubble behind a bush etc. I just think spamming "help" or leaving the battle is a bit unnecessary 

PervyPastryPuffer #2 Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:05 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32757 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
If it's gonna be the F key, I'd love a feature to press it and pay respects to a fallen drunken comrade.

Obsessive_Compulsive #3 Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:19 AM

General

• Player
  • 28628 battles
Typing :

'I'm on my side'  is a hard thing to do when you are on your side... so much going on... so many decisions...

Mr_Missclick #4 Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10704 battles
  • [DISS] DISS

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 23 February 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Typing :

'I'm on my side'  is a hard thing to do when you are on your side... so much going on... so many decisions...

It's a matter of language, don't you think? It would be nice if everybody spoke English but this will never happen. Also, the commands are accompanied by a visual.

PervyPastryPuffer #5 Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32757 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 23 February 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

Typing :

Yes.

Reading it is also very hard, especially if you've turned off chat.

I mean like, very very hard, you know.

spamhamstar #6 Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY
I don't see any issue if they were to include this, it'd be more useful these days than the current "attack" or "defend" options.  If WG don't include it then it should be easy enough to mod the preset scripts for these keys anyway for someone that knows about such things.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32050 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You've got a 'Help' button already. If people are ignoring that then it's not going make a difference if WG give you a second option for them to ignore.

The_Salty_Kipper #8 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2209 battles
  • [1-QDG] 1-QDG

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 23 February 2019 - 09:17 AM, said:

You've got a 'Help' button already. If people are ignoring that then it's not going make a difference if WG give you a second option for them to ignore.

(blinkers on) 

XVM used to have (maybe still do) an in game icon which showed when a tank was on its side, (it was a yellow arrow) but lately I haven't seen it, maybe it has been removed? 

Recently I played a Frontline battle and unfortunately fell onto my side, right at the start of the battle, and a t-44 drove almost right past me, I think it was the C base, wehere there is that bridge to get across to the hill overlooking the cap circle, not wanting to leave the battle, I tried in vain for at least 5-6 minutes to get the attention of team members, and even though several off them returned to the repair point just a few hundred meters away, it finally took a Blue player who drove back a long long way to help me. 

So, typing, pinging the map doesn't mean someone will help you, but a constant ICON or map symbol to show your predicament might, with the language barrier between EU nations etc. 

Pansenmann #9 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35365 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I am impressed it's not a whine thread. :unsure:

I very much second that proposal. :great:

how often did we lie on our sides

with our important tank and could not help the team win because nobody noticed.

PS:

Edited by Pansenmann, 23 February 2019 - 10:38 AM.

DuncaN_101 #10 Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54592 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
if you are lying on your side ... you have allllllll the time in the world to type you are lying on your side and need help. problem solved i'd say

Bordhaw #11 Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:02 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 22 February 2019 - 11:52 PM, said:

Simple request, pretty obvious as titled. Yes I'm and idiot, yes I flip my tank on my side when playing light tanks and even medium tanks sometimes, especially with the twilight zone sections of maps that lurk in wait for any fast moving tank and turn them on their side. All I would ask is for an F key to feature "pls help, I flipped my tank". Such a big deal? not at all.

Thing is, I recall many lost battles in which I thought a player was trolling or a total noob or worse, I thought a player was cover the cap or had my back(including me) only to discover they were on their side. It's not a big ask, makes sense more than anything. Learn to drive? indeed sir, though driving, watching the minimap, manually aiming and formulating a solution to the enemy teams moves sometimes catches me to miss that hidden pile of rubble behind a bush etc. I just think spamming "help" or leaving the battle is a bit unnecessary 

XOR42 #12 Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19195 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPansenmann, on 23 February 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

I am impressed it's not a whine thread. :unsure:

I very much second that proposal. :great:

how often did we lie on our sides

with our important tank and could not help the team win because nobody noticed.

PS:

Pansen, you play better when you are on your side. Request denied.:teethhappy:

The_Salty_Kipper #13 Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2209 battles
  • [1-QDG] 1-QDG

View PostDuncaN_101, on 23 February 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

if you are lying on your side ... you have allllllll the time in the world to type you are lying on your side and need help. problem solved i'd say

Dumm just dumm :facepalm:

rsanders5 #14 Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27846 battles

View PostDuncaN_101, on 23 February 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Unfortunately I haven't learnt most of the languages that are used on the EU servers, so a key to press, 

which sends out a message in the language of the person reading it is an excellent idea. Replacing the 

'attack' key with an 'I've flipped my tank' message would be a good move.

spamhamstar #15 Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View Postrsanders5, on 23 February 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Unfortunately I haven't learnt most of the languages that are used on the EU servers, so a key to press, 

which sends out a message in the language of the person reading it is an excellent idea. Replacing the 

That & it'd also notify those with chat turned off unlike typing a msg.

At the end of the day what'd be the harm anyway?

wEight_Tanker #16 Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9735 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M

It already exists.

Go Esc -> Return to Garage.

Rataplan #17 Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18405 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

The problem is not that people do not know that you are on your side. The problem is they don't care most of the time.

When they do care they come to help you as soon as they notice your predicament or typing it in a message will get their attention.

Obsessive_Compulsive #18 Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 28628 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 23 February 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

Yes.

Reading it is also very hard, especially if you've turned off chat.

I mean like, very very hard, you know.

We better have a button that says ' I have chat turned off' as well then do you not think?
20:02 Added after 2 minutes

View Postrsanders5, on 23 February 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

what if you are on your roof and its really urgent?:ohmy:

a better option would be an indicator on the map that shows a clear icoon above the tank showing its flipped. If someone does not see it then they wont see your message iether most likely.

PervyPastryPuffer #19 Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32757 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 23 February 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

We better have a button that says ' I have chat turned off' as well then do you not think?

That, I can agree with.

HunAnon #20 Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14243 battles

F is already used for auto reverse, rarely used feature, but still no need to remap it.

But there should be a feature with flipped on side help command, in the command wheel, because many don't speak english, even enough to tell that they are flipped, and even if they do, the players near him might not speak english to understand what the problem is. This just happened to a player in my last game, I was across the map in my arty, could not help, but typed it out in english because the flipped player just spammed help, but the player near him could not understand why he spammed help, nor my english explanation, so he did not help him, and thus battle ended in a draw, instead of a possible win. Maybe the generic "Help!" command, should turn into "Help, I'm flipped!" when a player is actually flipped, and of course it would translate into whatever else language does the players set for themself. (I use english...)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users