This game has the WORST ingame community

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Daetnas #1 Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8503 battles

*Edited*

Edited by sapphira_, 24 February 2019 - 06:31 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to including inappropriate remarks and not being constructive

wsatnutter #2 Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:34 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25998 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

I totally disagree if someone is ping the map then put them on ignore its simple you worry to much about this and about that .just enjoy the game yourself there are ways and means of removing annoyances

you are playing a different game to me m8, and to be honest you have lost sight on why you started to play it in the first instance.

shikaka9 #3 Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 66409 battles
  • [SWM] SWM
Its always fun to see people who blindly believe in this game... its like to see kids who believe in Santa ;)

Edited by shikaka9, 23 February 2019 - 08:16 AM.

LordMuffin #4 Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50001 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
I haven't played many different games, but this game do have the most ill-behaved community I have experienced.
Comparing with Dota 2, SC2 and SC:BW.

I have heard that the Dota 2 community at low MMR games (Dota 2 games played by bad players) are rather toxic. Though at my MMR, there is rarely any toxicity at all, and way less then in this game.

wsatnutter #5 Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:43 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25998 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postshikaka9, on 23 February 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Its always fun to see people who blindly believe in this game... its like to see kids who believe in Santa ;)

if your referring to me then you are wrong this game is far from perfection how ever the more you put into something the more you will get out of it, that goes for anything in life

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
Maybe it isn't just the community, maybe the game is extremely frustrating sometimes!

Daetnas #7 Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8503 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 23 February 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

Maybe it isn't just the community, maybe the game is extremely frustrating sometimes!

For sure.

Another factor is the number of people in a game. With 15 people on your team, the chance of getting one dickhead is pretty high.

Even so, it's a shame that Wargaming's 'solution' is just letting people disable chat. It's lazy and come across like burying their heads in the sand.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32094 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Whiny idiots are rife in every game, this one is no exception.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #9 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostDaetnas, on 23 February 2019 - 09:56 AM, said:

For sure.

Another factor is the number of people in a game. With 15 people on your team, the chance of getting one dickhead is pretty high.

Even so, it's a shame that Wargaming's 'solution' is just letting people disable chat. It's lazy and come across like burying their heads in the sand.

Yes that's the official policy of WG...if you don't like something, disable it. Pretty lame IMO to tell people to look the other way instead of fixing the obvious issues.

Did you notice any of that rage in FL this month? It's almost nonexistent so far but we'll see how things are going as the season progresses.

MulkQvist_Fi #10 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38504 battles
  • [1ST2D] 1ST2D

Have to agree with @OP about the community.

Sometimes it seems there are just stupid questions based on the replys from the forum members. We should embrase the newcomers and advice them politely.

One time I suggested an ingame buttom for "instructor" recognition by other players like in CS. But not accepted here, it would be just misused, they said.

I have one rule in playing games, ANY GAMES. Play until it's fun and stop if it's not. Well, could be some ppl get their kicks of ruining other ppl's games.

Jigabachi #11 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's not as bad as you describe it here, but the community can be quite toxic - like every action-packed/shooter-game community these days.
But is that really surprising? Just look around in RL and then add the anonymity of the internet on top. Voila!

Anyway. Yes, WG should put more effort into banning toxic players. They should simply add gamebans on top of chatbans after repeated offenses. And I hope that, one day, we can get full internet bans for those people. If their parents failed with the education, society has to do it...

Vermelandia #12 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 64097 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
Agreed, the most toxic community ever!
After staring into the abyss I have become one of the toxic players. However I strictly go for brain-dead players that's toxic themselves. Like scumbags that drown with arty, xvm focus and people that write lost in the beginning of a match.
I'm not defending my own behavior, but I really don't care what other people think either. I see myself as a WoT -vigilante. :B

Edited by SlenderMoose, 23 February 2019 - 09:44 AM.

spamhamstar #13 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

I'm in many communities, consequently they're all just as bad as this one. 

pihip #14 Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15125 battles

View PostDaetnas, on 23 February 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

The worst thing is, the developers passively allow all this by not implementing better systems to punish these douchebags.

Disclaimer - I have had my moments of pure rage as well so I got a few "douchebag" badges myself. Well-deserved ones mind you, but thankfully I rarely lose my mind.

That said, imho the worst is not WG doing next to nothing to maintain a healthier and less toxic game environment (it's part of the problem, but it does not make them money, so if it has any priority in their schedule it's very low), but the PLAYERS themselves taking for granted that being toxic is fine because "it's the internet", "we don't really mean what we say", "grow a backbone" and so on.

Then again, we live in a sorry age as far as internet communication goes. Have a look at the more common social media or image boards and you'll notice what a latrine the internet has become (perhaps it always was, but now it's become an accepted norm).

Edited by pihip, 23 February 2019 - 09:50 AM.

jack_timber #15 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Player
  • 36874 battles

View Postspamhamstar, on 23 February 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

I'm in many communities, consequently they're all just as bad as this one. 

Now that did make me laugh, for the right reasons of course.

Back on topic....

Maybe, just maybe, it because folks have a high expectation but then realise their, I'll call it skill, doesn't match up.

Be like me have a low expectation so anything above this is a bonus and can be a right good laugh when it does go right.

Laiskamato #16 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47188 battles

View Postpihip, on 23 February 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Then again, we live in a sorry age as far as internet communication goes. Have a look at the more common social media or image boards and you'll notice what a latrine the internet has become (perhaps it always was, but now it's become an accepted norm).

You couldn't be further away from the truth.

Back in the "old" days there was NOBODY watching what was being said.

And i mean nobody. You could write what ever to anyone. Offend people left and right with any consequence.

Now you run at risk being banned from the game and worst case scenario go to court for hate speech.

If you really think what we have now in the game chat is bad, you ain't seen nothing.

In the eyes of an older gamer (who has seen it all) This stuff we have now is kindergarten stuff, which makes me laugh how people go so over board with it.

I mean you say hi to someone and even that can make his precious feelings hurt, its so ridiculous.

Only option these days is to turn VoiP and chat off and just mind your own business.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53200 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostSlenderMoose, on 23 February 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

Agreed, the most toxic community ever!
After staring into the abyss I have become one of the toxic players. However I strictly go for brain-dead players that's toxic themselves. Like scumbags that drown with arty, xvm focus and people that write lost in the beginning of a match.
I'm not defending my own behavior, but I really don't care what other people think either. I see myself as a WoT -vigilante.

Yeah parking your ltwt in front of an STRV at the start of the battle, Murovanka, was not brain dead at all. Turning him over and killing one of your top tiers was absolutely justified too!

Why did you post in this topic?

XOR42 #18 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19220 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDaetnas, on 23 February 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

Stuff

Boggling. How hard can it be to just ignore random people on the internet? I thought it was a rather banal, mundane skill that anyone could master in under 30 seconds, but the more I read these forums, the more it appears to be like a superpower that only 2% of folk can attain.

A couple of days ago a 48%er PM'd me to "uninstall game" (I did play poorly in said game to be fair).. ..my reaction? I giggled, closed the PM window and went to next game. That is the maximum effect any message ever in Wot has had on me.

P.S. I'm not sensitive about much, but I do abhor the trend to use the word cancer to describe 1st world problems in a pixel tank game online. Sense of propriety and all that.

Edited by XOR42, 23 February 2019 - 10:48 AM.

KillingJoker #19 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37254 battles

World of tanks its a team play based game, and unlike other mmo's the behaviour of other players in your team will have a positive or negative impact in your game as well...

Plus, have many different profiles of players, from unicums to try harders, to lower tier statpadders, selfish campers, casual player bots, veteran bots etc etc...

and this all come togher in the same teams, so... diferent expectations and types of players, which can naturaly raise problems. 

When a player who is experient and have much better map awarness and see's problems that other players doesnt understand he protests... but the ignorant player who is either a noob or under-average, won't understand why they are complaining about, because he is purely ignorant... 

Sometimes a player behaviour is enough to turn a battle from a defeat into a victory, so no wonder people try to complain, try to convince players to not commit mistakes, such as, not extending view range to their team, not pushing with their heavies, not moving when the team is trying pressure the last remaining tanks in the enemy team... all this stupid mistakes noobish bellow average players do, and upset really a lot people who are more competitive.

Bordhaw #20 Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13422 battles

View PostDaetnas, on 23 February 2019 - 06:26 AM, said:

*Edited*

Edited by sapphira_, 24 February 2019 - 06:38 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users