"Auto-traverse lock on stopping" for turretless tanks/arties

stop climbing rocks with one thread omg why also moms spaghetti

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18891 battles

I hate it when this happens and I usually manage to toggle it in time to prevent my Cda from climbing the rock sideways and exposing myself to fire that way and/or overturning. With the way physics work right now and how each tank has magical magnetic threads, that stick to rocks and walls of buildings, that are at near 90° angle, why not have this system?

You'd get a keyboard key in battle, which upon tapping would toggle "traverse lock on stopping", so that once you stop, you will get the same effect as when you tap X.

Why would I want this? Isn't this stupid? No. When you're in the heat of a match and everything is happening a little fast, sometimes you forget to tap X and your left/right thread decided to climb the rock/wall/whatever you're huddling-up against as soon as you notice a light creeping up behind you and turn the camera to rotate your tank.

They could put a tiny icon on your thread module marker, with the exclamation mark and crap.

Edited by Derethim, 24 February 2019 - 10:25 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #2 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34844 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Have you ever tried holding down right click to stop your gun from moving? It stops your tank from turning aswell, just to let you know, in case you didn't know.

Derethim #3 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18891 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 24 February 2019 - 10:27 PM, said:

Have you ever tried holding down right click to stop your gun from moving? It stops your tank from turning aswell, just to let you know, in case you didn't know.

I know of that. What If I wanted to turn, not just look, but forgot, that my threads magically scale walls in the process?

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34844 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostDerethim, on 24 February 2019 - 10:29 PM, said:

I know of that. What If I wanted to turn, not just look, but forgot, that my threads magically scale walls in the process?

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about...

Are you trying to prevent involuntary turning of your tank? In that case, just hold right click.

I dunno what else you could mean.

Derethim #5 Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18891 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 24 February 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about...

Are you trying to prevent involuntary turning of your tank? In that case, just hold right click.

I dunno what else you could mean.

Turretless TDs automatically turn, when you look elsewhere and sometimes, you may forget to hold right click, or tap X. It's just a convenient little thing - when you completely stop, the game will automatically trigger "X", or set your vehicle to not turn on looking. Right click works on the gun itself - for example, I often snapshot from third person, when there's no time and sometimes, I forget to tap X to stop my tank from turning. This would solve it and leave out one less thing to worry about. What's hard to comprehend?

Inappropriate_noob #6 Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:52 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17490 battles
Are we on about the Swedish TD's here or TD's in general, Swedish ones are the only ones that automatically traverse whilst in sniper mode, I think this should apply in all TD's hence why  use a mod that releases the handbrake in all TD's in sniper mode, one day WG will something really amazing and implement this in the vanilla client:popcorn:

Also tagged with stop, climbing, rocks, with, one, thread, omg, why, also, moms spaghetti

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users