Arty lights

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

TankkiPoju #21 Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22105 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I doubt most arty players care about wheeled vehicles.

After all, it's not like wheeled vehicles shoot you more once you are under water anyway.

tajj7 #22 Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27107 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's not a reliable method but you do see the odd arty die early probably more often than usual.

Which is great, but its not a long term solution.

Plus there is a marathon on and for some reason people seem to think that arty is a good way of completing these marathons, so arty numbers to me always seem to go up. 

laulaur #23 Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47485 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 26 February 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

All they have to do is open their frickin eyes. In FL, each flank is limited to 1 arty so there are 3 arties and 27 tanks. How can they possibly think it's okay to have 3 arties and 12 tanks in randoms, on a map that is far far smaller? My only explanation is they want us to use lots of med kits and repair kits so the bill gets larger and larger and eventually you have to buy premium time unless you want to lose credits. Other than that, there is no logic in having 2-3 arties on a small map.

This.

They buffed the module damage from HE (at least from HE shot by arty) and introduced the stun atrocity, and they made kits reusable.

Yeah thanks a lot WG, now i use my both kits in every game....

Also it is mind-blowing how (as you said) in FL arty is limited to 1.5 per 15 tanks, in Ranked is limited to 2 per 15 tanks, but in randoms are still 3.

Robbie_T #24 Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18803 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Played arty the last week

Cant say those wheelie's annoy me...maybe in all those games i maybe died two times  by a wheelie or spotted by him.

And that can also be blamed by that nice base defense of some tds(not).

gpalsson #25 Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 24395 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Dorander #26 Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19659 battles

So many silly comments whining about artillery again.

Artillery has a prevalence of 10% so on average appears 1.5 times per battle in random battles, exactly the same ratio as in FL.

Add to that that random battles aren't Frontline, or shall we also give everyone the artillery strike consumable in randoms and see how much you enjoy that when you can't respawn?

What is mindblowing is that people think these are good comparisons, or that suddenly the existence of FL at all is a reason to change the normal game.

tajj7 #27 Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27107 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostDorander, on 27 February 2019 - 12:16 PM, said:

or that suddenly the existence of FL at all is a reason to change the normal game.

Don't need Frontline as a prompt to change artillery in random battles, it's needed a further change for years, the majority hate the class and it brings nothing good to gameplay.

It just needs further nerfing so its de facto forced out of the game and the game will be better for it. 

If WVs reduce the number of arties, that already makes them a great addition to the game, though I seriously doubt they'll have any real impact, to heave real impact the class needs to be restricted more and nerfed into the ground so barely anyone plays it, which pretty much fixes the artillery issue for good. 

Dorander #28 Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19659 battles

View Posttajj7, on 27 February 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Don't need Frontline as a prompt to change artillery in random battles, it's needed a further change for years, the majority hate the class and it brings nothing good to gameplay.

It just needs further nerfing so its de facto forced out of the game and the game will be better for it. 

If WVs reduce the number of arties, that already makes them a great addition to the game, though I seriously doubt they'll have any real impact, to heave real impact the class needs to be restricted more and nerfed into the ground so barely anyone plays it, which pretty much fixes the artillery issue for good. 

So it's just a generic artillery whine full of assumptions and none of the supposed arguments made matter.

Gotcha.

Obsessive_Compulsive #29 Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 28635 battles

View PostDorander, on 27 February 2019 - 01:16 PM, said:

So many silly comments whining about artillery again.

Artillery has a prevalence of 10% so on average appears 1.5 times per battle in random battles, exactly the same ratio as in FL.

Add to that that random battles aren't Frontline, or shall we also give everyone the artillery strike consumable in randoms and see how much you enjoy that when you can't respawn?

What is mindblowing is that people think these are good comparisons, or that suddenly the existence of FL at all is a reason to change the normal game.

next time you go into a grand battle and you end up with 4 artillery focusing you, please let me know how much fun you have on a scale of 1-10.

I know what you are thinking, turn grand battles off? maybe I will just play tier 1....

Dorander #30 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:07 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19659 battles

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 27 February 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

next time you go into a grand battle and you end up with 4 artillery focusing you, please let me know how much fun you have on a scale of 1-10.

I know what you are thinking, turn grand battles off? maybe I will just play tier 1....

I've had grand battles off for ages. Not because of artillery, but because of TD camplines and the utter randomness of the results that you get when you toss that many people together in what is essentially an oversized random. FL would have the same issue if not for the opportunity to get good personal rewards regardless of battle outcome.

It's a bit weird though to complain about an optional event that you can turn off. If you don't like grand battles, don't play them.

Wintermute_1 #31 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47439 battles

View PostPipariIkkunaPesuvati, on 27 February 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

Maybe once or twice, can't remember well.

Its not like they have some special ability to waltz through the rest of your team, they go 'a bit' faster than normal tracked lights. Before they get to arty they have to light up half your team, not something most players just blithely stand by and do nothing about.

vp56 #32 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3424 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

Over the few hundreds of games I've played since the addition of these things I have once witnessed an arty being killed by a wheelie early on. Although it was a pleasant surprise, that's what you call a non-factor.

My experience is the opposite - the wheeled vehicles have made arty even more [edited]. So many times when you're trying to get into a position in the first minute an orange bot will make a terrible run on his wheelie and get you spotted only to have 1-3 arties crap on you in a position that is bound to be safe. Sure the wheelie dies some of the time but not nearly often enough. You also get spotted randomly behind ridges when the same mongoloid decides to make yet another terrible run and then the arties shoot you. Sometimes the wheelie also pens you with its HE while making such run and using autoaim. Yay, fun and skill intensive.

Anyone saying the wheeled vehicles are a good addition should seriously reconsider. A few years ago when a light tank made runs like this it was called "suiscouting" and only truly awful players did it. Now Wargaming made it a part of the game by making even faster LTs that cannot be detracked that also hit very well with the autoaim. What WG essentially did with the wheelies was making this a viable play. How can anyone say this is a good thing?

Yes, the cars have a very high skill cap - but outside of the top 1% players in the game that are affected, they are no-skill light tanks that bots can drive around with like idiots and achieve more than they deserve.

Edited by vp56, 27 February 2019 - 02:13 PM.

PowJay #33 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37771 battles

When it comes to playing SPGs, I have truly lost the will to live. After the five utterly useless battles I posted on WoT Replays the other day, I took the M53/55 for a grinding battle this morning. Malinovka. YES!!! :great:

A well balanced ding-dong battle that ran at least half of the time with some knock for knock action- no massacre.

I had time to fire 13 shots- with the stock gun. Average shell damage 700 HP.

1 hit. 9 splash and a grand total of 942 damage. I don't even know, nor care, what the stun was. A totally boring slice of my life that I will never get back. I'm not even playing for an SPG mission (yet) just grinding until I need it. :(

qpranger #34 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36043 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostPowJay, on 27 February 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

I don't even know, nor care, what the stun was.

And that, Sir, is your cardinal mistake. You get a lot of XP and income from stun when playing arty. Time your stun well for your team mates to capitalise on it and - KERCHING !!!

PowJay #35 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37771 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 February 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

And that, Sir, is your cardinal mistake. You get a lot of XP and income from stun when playing arty. Time your stun well for your team mates to capitalise on it and - KERCHING !!!

The issue with stunning as that SPGs were always supposed to be the hard-hitters that took out well-armoured enemy targets. Now you stun them for a few seconds, do 10 HP damage and your weaker allies still can't actually damage them, and so you are wasting your time relying on stunning to actually progress the battle.

Not to say that I don't DO stun when I can't actually hit something, but it is ultimately a pointless and broken mechanic against the heaviest targets.

qpranger #36 Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36043 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostPowJay, on 27 February 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

Now you stun them for a few seconds, do 10 HP damage and your weaker allies still can't actually damage them...

My allies can. Choose the target and choose the time. It works.

Obsessive_Compulsive #37 Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 28635 battles

View PostDorander, on 27 February 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

I've had grand battles off for ages. Not because of artillery, but because of TD camplines and the utter randomness of the results that you get when you toss that many people together in what is essentially an oversized random. FL would have the same issue if not for the opportunity to get good personal rewards regardless of battle outcome.

It's a bit weird though to complain about an optional event that you can turn off. If you don't like grand battles, don't play them.

I did not complain about an optional event. I enjoy grand battles. What is wierd is you being unable to seperate a facet of every game mode from the game modes themselves.

Edited by Obsessive_Compulsive, 27 February 2019 - 03:07 PM.

Dorander #38 Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 19659 battles

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 27 February 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

I did not complain about an optional event. I enjoy grand battles. What is wierd is you being unable to seperate a facet of every game mode from the game modes themselves.

What is weird is that you try to use that argument when you're specifically talking about a situation in grand battles and that the contrived situation can't occur anywhere else.

tufty_neptune #39 Posted 27 February 2019 - 04:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9133 battles
  • [TFUK3] TFUK3

View Postlwood65, on 26 February 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

So at last WOT has found a legit way to kill off arty! I have seen so many arty players killed off in the first few minutes in the last few days, it will certainly make those players soon lose interest. The reason is those pesky French wheeled vehicles, so many of them race through the map and head for the arty that most arty is done for so fast that they barely get off 2 shots. Is this the end?

Won't lose my interest. 

(That's right bishes, those 1k penns from frontline. I'm one of em. Till we meet next time:B)

Pepper_Doze #40 Posted 05 March 2019 - 09:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10529 battles
  • [PATKA] PATKA

View Postlwood65, on 26 February 2019 - 02:24 PM, said:

So at last WOT has found a legit way to kill off arty! I have seen so many arty players killed off in the first few minutes in the last few days, it will certainly make those players soon lose interest. The reason is those pesky French wheeled vehicles, so many of them race through the map and head for the arty that most arty is done for so fast that they barely get off 2 shots. Is this the end?

I say good to that! Arty has become cancer since the "stun" mechanic update. Loved it before, now it is insane.... It just forces everyone to CAMP! And those that push get punished...

Also tagged with Arty, lights

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users