German TD Tier3 renault R35 47mm premium TD

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Miepie #1 Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2866 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

Some comments about the various Marder-flavours in a (now closed) topic on the gameplay forum almost made me post about how quite a few were used here in the south of the Netherlands. Luckily, I waited until I got home and checked things, and it turned out the vehicles supplied to German 15th army infantry divisions fighting against operation Market Garden and the opening of the port of Antwerp were "4,7 cm PaK(t) auf Panzerkampfwagen 35R(f) ohne Turm " [1]. In september and october 1944, at least two dozen of them were destroyed in the Dutch province of North-Brabant by the Allied 21st Army Group (British Second Army, Canadian First Army, First Allied Airbourne Army (mainly the 101st US Division) and the attached Polish, Dutch and Belgian brigades).

...It's a pretty crappy vehicle, which explains why they kept them in the west (British and U.S. armour was considered inferior to the Soviets) and gave them to infantry divisions which had a more or less static role (less static after they were forced into the retreat from France, of course).

But hey, if Wargaming runs out of ideas for low-tier gift vehicles, I'd like this one if only because one of them got knocked out in the village where I grew up... :great:

[1] https://en.wikipedia...lt_R35#Germany 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users