279 Orders 2nd front Missions which vehicle to use

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

The_Georgian_One #1 Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40583 battles
  • [JTS] JTS

Questions to those of you that either completed the missions or are quite advanced. Which missions did you skip with orders from previous campaigns? I have 2 unused orders and will have 2 more. I'm pretty confident I can complete 15th mission for each group of nations and I have or will soon have all tanks I need (including arties) to complete missions.

I already used some orders to skip 'bounce on average 8 shots/game' mission for Chinese/Russian and to skip similar bouncing mission for French tanks. Are there any other unreasonably difficult or RNG - dependent missions that you would recommend to skip?

EDIT: I'm changing the topic to be more generic, hopefully it will help people to get some tips on how to best approach 3rd set of personal missions from 2nd front.

I'd like to encourage everybody to post your questions here, for specific mission tips, vehicles to use, missions to skip, etc. Seeing how people have different strategies for getting this vehicle (as already mentioned in the thread) will hopefully help you also get there.

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 27 March 2019 - 10:24 AM.

OMG_Abaddon #2 Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12958 battles
I bet if you put that in the search box you'll get 12908312098312 results.

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55675 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Use it to skip the 15th missions, you can skip 15 missions that way. If you do all previous (15th) missions with orders, you can skip 3 out of 4 nations for 279 I believe.

The_Georgian_One #4 Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40583 battles
  • [JTS] JTS

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 28 February 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

Use it to skip the 15th missions, you can skip 15 missions that way. If you do all previous (15th) missions with orders, you can skip 3 out of 4 nations for 279 I believe.

Thing is, my gut feel tells me 15th missions are more reasonable then quite a few of the missions you get on the way. At least all you need is skill and proper vehicle and not high dice roll.

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 28 February 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

Wrong, I check the forum regularly and this question wasn't asked.

Obsessive_Compulsive #5 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:20 AM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 February 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Wrong, I check the forum regularly and this question wasn't asked.

Thats because the missions you skip will more or less depend entirely upon your available tanks and your personal strengths and weaknesses. I skipped 2 artillery missions because I do not have artillery in those nations.

It was not asked for a reason: Just skip the missions you cannot do or are hardest for you to do...

The_Georgian_One #6 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40583 battles
  • [JTS] JTS

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 28 February 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Thats because the missions you skip will more or less depend entirely upon your available tanks and your personal strengths and weaknesses. I skipped 2 artillery missions because I do not have artillery in those nations.

It was not asked for a reason: Just skip the missions you cannot do or are hardest for you to do...

That makes sense and I get the point. But there were some discussions around 1 bouncing mission for Russian/Chinese tanks where the number of bounces was calculated...well...in a strange manner, making it really difficult to complete. I wonder if there are any more missions like this? Also, I'm not an arty player, so it's difficult for me to assess the difficulty of arty missions.

So, provided I have the tanks required, are there any missions you found particularly difficult/impossible to complete in the current meta or because of how the requirements were written?

Obsessive_Compulsive #7 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:38 AM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 February 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

That makes sense and I get the point. But there were some discussions around 1 bouncing mission for Russian/Chinese tanks where the number of bounces was calculated...well...in a strange manner, making it really difficult to complete. I wonder if there are any more missions like this? Also, I'm not an arty player, so it's difficult for me to assess the difficulty of arty missions.

So, provided I have the tanks required, are there any missions you found particularly difficult/impossible to complete in the current meta or because of how the requirements were written?

if you do not play artillery save all your orders for artillery missions.

I am 1 mission from chimera. I cannot comment on the next set but in the chimera set they are pretty straightforward and will come eventually. 4k spotting with alliance vehicles is strange given they have the worst LT's or no LT's best use a patton perhaps.

the final alliance mission 6.5k damage is probably harder than the 10k combined for union especially if you do not have tier 10 TD's in those nations. E3/E4/183.

hopefully someone who has done or is doing 279e will be able to give you specific missions that are particularly complicated/difficult.

best of luck.

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55675 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 February 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Thing is, my gut feel tells me 15th missions are more reasonable then quite a few of the missions you get on the way. At least all you need is skill and proper vehicle and not high dice roll.

If you skip the 15th mission, you also skip the 14 other missions (albeit at a higher cost). I'm just at the Chimera missions but know for sure I would get all the other 'skip thingies' to use at the 279 missions. If you only have to complete one nation for the 279, that sounds a lot easier than doing 3 or 4 but with some missions skipped.

Obsessive_Compulsive #9 Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

General

• Player
  • 28747 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 28 February 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

If you skip the 15th mission, you also skip the 14 other missions (albeit at a higher cost). I'm just at the Chimera missions but know for sure I would get all the other 'skip thingies' to use at the 279 missions. If you only have to complete one nation for the 279, that sounds a lot easier than doing 3 or 4 but with some missions skipped.

Interesting idea. Thing is the other things you get for the missions adds up to quite a huge pile of goodies!

The_Georgian_One #10 Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:06 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40583 battles
  • [JTS] JTS

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 28 February 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

if you do not play artillery save all your orders for artillery missions.

I am 1 mission from chimera. I cannot comment on the next set but in the chimera set they are pretty straightforward and will come eventually. 4k spotting with alliance vehicles is strange given they have the worst LT's or no LT's best use a patton perhaps.

the final alliance mission 6.5k damage is probably harder than the 10k combined for union especially if you do not have tier 10 TD's in those nations. E3/E4/183.

hopefully someone who has done or is doing 279e will be able to give you specific missions that are particularly complicated/difficult.

best of luck.

I completed Chimera missions and you're right, the 6.5k one is the most tricky. This one I passed with orders. I will try to get them back, but the 5 kills requirement makes it more difficult. Good luck with Chimera, I need to play this tank a bit after buffs to see if it's worth the hassle...

Now, I here's the missions that I skipped already:

Union-4. Your Shell not Passed! Bloc the average of 8 enemy hits within 5 battles. Block at least 2 enemy hits.
Coalition-13. Dangerous and Moving Block twice more damage than the hit points of your vehicle within 3 battles out of 5.

I'm also considering skipping the following:

Bloc-10. The Good Samaritan Earn the High Caliber award 4 times within 10 battles.
Alliance-8. Simple Geometry Destroy enemy internal modules or injure crew members, totaling at least 30 modules or crew members within 10 battles.
Union-7. Is There Anyone There? Destroy enemy internal modules or injure crew members, totaling at least 3 modules or crew members within each of 3 battles.
Coalition-3. The War Horse

Earn a total of 5 rewards of the Battle Hero category and/or epic medals in a battle within 7 battles.

10:08 Added after 2 minutes

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 28 February 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Yeah, but I don't mind doing the missions, provided that the requirements are reasonable. I like the rewards and the sense of acheivement :)

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 28 February 2019 - 11:08 AM.

Ringo_Star #11 Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 58495 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 February 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

I completed Chimera missions and you're right, the 6.5k one is the most tricky. This one I passed with orders. I will try to get them back, but the 5 kills requirement makes it more difficult. Good luck with Chimera, I need to play this tank a bit after buffs to see if it's worth the hassle...

Now, I here's the missions that I skipped already:

Union-4. Your Shell not Passed! Bloc the average of 8 enemy hits within 5 battles. Block at least 2 enemy hits.
Coalition-13. Dangerous and Moving Block twice more damage than the hit points of your vehicle within 3 battles out of 5.

I'm also considering skipping the following:

Bloc-10. The Good Samaritan Earn the High Caliber award 4 times within 10 battles.
Alliance-8. Simple Geometry Destroy enemy internal modules or injure crew members, totaling at least 30 modules or crew members within 10 battles.
Union-7. Is There Anyone There? Destroy enemy internal modules or injure crew members, totaling at least 3 modules or crew members within each of 3 battles.
Coalition-3. The War Horse

Earn a total of 5 rewards of the Battle Hero category and/or epic medals in a battle within 7 battles.

10:08 Added after 2 minutes

Yeah, but I don't mind doing the missions, provided that the requirements are reasonable. I like the rewards and the sense of acheivement :)

OK, since nobody wants to actually help you,,,

Alliance -8 is easy if you have a FV 4005 or arty, or you can spam high caliber HE shells, don't skip that one

Union -7 is same story, if you have arty it is very easy, if not try your luck with HE shells

Coalition 3 is a challenge, but is feasible if you have progetto 46 or lorraine

Missions I skipped are:

Coalition 13- I really dislike blocking missions, this one is possible with AMX 49 but I couldn't be bother

Bloc 10 - I am not big fan of German or Japanese tanks, I can't think of any of those tanks capable of doing 4 out of 10 high caliber games

Alliance 13 - Since you have to be in the top 3 by exp with BOTH teams included, you need to have 5 wins in a row with very good performance. It is not impossible, but I got lazy I guess

The last missions are quite easy, don't skip them.

Good luck, and join our club soon

The_Georgian_One #12 Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40583 battles
  • [JTS] JTS
Thanks,Ringo, some valid points there. Which medals did you aim for with Lorr and Progetto to complete coalition 3?

JocMeister #13 Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 26966 battles
The stupid, utterly retarded blocking missions obviously. 

Ringo_Star #14 Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:34 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 58495 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 28 February 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

Thanks,Ringo, some valid points there. Which medals did you aim for with Lorr and Progetto to complete coalition 3?

Try to focus on Lehvaslaiho/confederate/high caliber combo.

Zmago5000 #15 Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10624 battles
if you use an order can you later acomplish a mission and get it back or what?

fwhaatpiraat #16 Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55675 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostZmago5000, on 28 February 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

if you use an order can you later acomplish a mission and get it back or what?

Yes, but you need the secondary as well to get them back.

The_Georgian_One #17 Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40583 battles
  • [JTS] JTS

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 28 February 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Yes, but you need the secondary as well to get them back.

Yeah, noticed it too late unfortunately and now I have 4 orders freezed in one of the final Chimera missions. I actually used orders and then they made requirements easier :(

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 28 February 2019 - 06:42 PM.

The_Georgian_One #18 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40583 battles
  • [JTS] JTS

Status update.

Got back all the orders from Chimera mission and used some of them already. The troublesome missions I'm left with:

Coalition-8. My Duty Never Ends Earn the Patrol Duty award twice within 10 battles.

Seems to be difficult in this meta, even though I consider myself to be decent LT player.

Alliance-3. The Duty Never Ends Enable your allies to destroy the average of 2 enemy vehicles in a battle by spotting them or destroying their tracks within 10 battles. Enable your allies to destroy 1 enemy vehicle by spotting them or destroying their tracks within 10 battles.

This one is tricky with current map rotation and wheeled vehicles running around. I cannot make up my mind if I should try it in Sheridan, T49 or just play Patton and track everything I face, hoping for my team to do the job.

These are the 2 I'm left with for alliance and coalition.

For block, this one pisses me off severely:

Bloc-2. The Diamond Armor Earn the Shellproof award 4 times within 10 battles.

I've been trying to do that in Maus, but I cannot survive battle, despite constantly bouncing more than the vehicle's HP. Would going down tier (or two) help? I have VKB and I could purchase VKP maybe to try it @ tier 8. Ideas?

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 26 March 2019 - 02:45 PM.

_PanzerBitterbal_ #19 Posted 26 March 2019 - 02:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11462 battles

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 28 February 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

That is a low count. You are quit positive about it :izmena:

xtrem3x #20 Posted 26 March 2019 - 07:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34230 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 26 March 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

Status update.

Got back all the orders from Chimera mission and used some of them already. The troublesome missions I'm left with:

Coalition-8. My Duty Never Ends Earn the Patrol Duty award twice within 10 battles.

Seems to be difficult in this meta, even though I consider myself to be decent LT player.

Alliance-3. The Duty Never Ends Enable your allies to destroy the average of 2 enemy vehicles in a battle by spotting them or destroying their tracks within 10 battles. Enable your allies to destroy 1 enemy vehicle by spotting them or destroying their tracks within 10 battles.

This one is tricky with current map rotation and wheeled vehicles running around. I cannot make up my mind if I should try it in Sheridan, T49 or just play Patton and track everything I face, hoping for my team to do the job.

These are the 2 I'm left with for alliance and coalition.

For block, this one pisses me off severely:

Bloc-2. The Diamond Armor Earn the Shellproof award 4 times within 10 battles.

I've been trying to do that in Maus, but I cannot survive battle, despite constantly bouncing more than the vehicle's HP. Would going down tier (or two) help? I have VKB and I could purchase VKP maybe to try it @ tier 8. Ideas?

Type 5

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users