Jump to content


I had a dream and it was a tanking nightmare with arty in it

Tiger II M40/M43 oneshot

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:48 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33085 battles
  • 3,526
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Seriously, I can hardly believe it myself but I dreamt I was playing the Tiger II (sold long ago by now), and went to sidescrape around the corner of some rock. I bounced some shells here and there, took some minor HE damage, and then... BOOM...1400HP gone in one shot, enemy M40/M43 hit me, and killed me.

 

I was so startled I woke up. Even when in-game, getting hit by arty is always super loud and startles me if I'm focusing on the battle.

 

I'm guessing he managed to penetrate the thin forehead of the Tiger II's turret, as the shot direction indicator pointed the shell came from infront of me, slightly to the right. Yes, I actually remembered that much. :amazed: Probably the reason why it woke me up, it was a strangely vivid dream...

 

Even now, the M40/M43's HE shell has enough penetration to penetrate the Tiger II's forehead, but the max damage output is just slightly above 1300... Perhaps, it was a dream from the past, but it somehow makes no sense because the graphics were from today's WoT, and we were on the new Empire's Border map. :amazed:

 

Strange, just very strange. :unsure:

 

Have any of you ever had any WoT- related dreams?



qpranger #2 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36700 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
I dream about driving WT auf E100 every night.

Sirebellus #3 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22169 battles
  • 971
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016
An arty whine that admits it's an exaggerated fantasy... how refreshing.

Obsessive_Compulsive #4 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28747 battles
  • 8,481
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 02 March 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Seriously, I can hardly believe it myself but I dreamt I was playing the Tiger II (sold long ago by now), and went to sidescrape around the corner of some rock. I bounced some shells here and there, took some minor HE damage, and then... BOOM...1400HP gone in one shot, enemy M40/M43 hit me, and killed me.

 

I was so startled I woke up. Even when in-game, getting hit by arty is always super loud and startles me if I'm focusing on the battle.

 

I'm guessing he managed to penetrate the thin forehead of the Tiger II's turret, as the shot direction indicator pointed the shell came from infront of me, slightly to the right. Yes, I actually remembered that much. :amazed: Probably the reason why it woke me up, it was a strangely vivid dream...

 

Even now, the M40/M43's HE shell has enough penetration to penetrate the Tiger II's forehead, but the max damage output is just slightly above 1300... Perhaps, it was a dream from the past, but it somehow makes no sense because the graphics were from today's WoT, and we were on the new Empire's Border map. :amazed:

 

Strange, just very strange. :unsure:

 

Have any of you ever had any WoT- related dreams?

 

No, my dreams tend to involve blond yoga instructors and thier sisters.

qpranger #5 Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:01 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36700 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 02 March 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

No, my dreams tend to involve blond yoga instructors and thier sisters.

 

The Swedish female reward crew?

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33085 battles
  • 3,526
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostSirebellus, on 02 March 2019 - 12:55 PM, said:

An arty whine that admits it's an exaggerated fantasy... how refreshing.

 

Anyone: *mentions arty*

 

Random forumite: "Whiner!"

 

 

-The current meta of the WoT forums, 2019, colorized-



PhooBar #7 Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20140 battles
  • 2,413
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

Artillery.

Making all of your dreams come true since 2010.

 

Protip:

Screw the headphones.  Hook up some real speakers and crank the bass.

Makes those 'splodey noises something you can feel.



NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 33085 battles
  • 3,526
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostPhooBar, on 02 March 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

Artillery.

Making all of your dreams come true since 2010.

 

Protip:

Screw the headphones.  Hook up some real speakers and crank the bass.

Makes those 'splodey noises something you can feel.

 

If I point them out the window, will I get arrested for terrorism? :D

iztok #9 Posted 02 March 2019 - 08:00 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
  • 2,612
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 02 March 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

.... Even when in-game, getting hit by arty is always super loud and startles me if I'm focusing on the battle.

 

There's a sound setting called sth. like "night mode" which levels out too loud sounds. I was EXTREMELY grateful for it when I found it, for the same reason you mentioned.

Edited by iztok, 02 March 2019 - 08:00 PM.


PhooBar #10 Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:01 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 20140 battles
  • 2,413
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 02 March 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

 

If I point them out the window, will I get arrested for terrorism? :D

If you use these speakers 

Probably not.

 

If you use these...

Maybe yes?

 

Keep us posted.


Edited by PhooBar, 03 March 2019 - 02:03 AM.


Yaccay #11 Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:49 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34935 battles
  • 2,288
  • [4TL] 4TL
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012
I suggest you to play arty  and experience the "arty privilege" yourself. 





Also tagged with Tiger II, M40/M43, oneshot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users