French wheel s...t tanks

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

7th_Brigade #21 Posted 27 April 2019 - 06:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 75378 battles
No point in playing this pos game with EBRs flying around getting into your base in the first min of the game spotting everyone and getting away with it

Snaques #22 Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30324 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Absolutely hate the wheeled vehicles as well, but it has nothing to do with balance. You can re-balance the gun, armor, camo, etc all you want, but as long as their main role is to drive into the open and just actively avoid shells, it absolutely breaks the whole game and ruins what makes WoT interesting.

They will outspot the LTs while they are driving to passive spotting locations. They are spotting everyone trying to shoot them and they can even yolo the arties from the base if they feel like it. Sure, skill plays a huge part in all of this and a bad player will absolutely go back to garage in no time, but once he has yoloed over the open field and gotten everyone lit, they have already impacted how the game proceeds from there on.

These things have made the game way more arcady and less realistic. I'm not saying WoT was ever a simulator or anything, but it used to be a slow paced fps with a big focus on tactical elements. If it loses those, I don't see any reason to play WoT over some more modern titles.

Finally their armor is obviously broken. They are armored CARS and they still have more armor than the french LTs while also having more HE pen than the LTs. Tbh the armor thickness doesn't even matter as all you can see/hit are the gun and wheels anyway, causing 9/10 just a critical hit that doesn't even stop them. I hate arties from the bottom of my heart, but these things are giving clickers a run for their money.

Orkbert #23 Posted 04 May 2019 - 05:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27501 battles

Oops, wrong thread

Edited by Orkbert, 04 May 2019 - 05:42 PM.

CrimsonEntropy #24 Posted 05 May 2019 - 11:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29318 battles

View PostSnaques, on 29 April 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Absolutely hate the wheeled vehicles as well, but it has nothing to do with balance. You can re-balance the gun, armor, camo, etc all you want, but as long as their main role is to drive into the open and just actively avoid shells, it absolutely breaks the whole game and ruins what makes WoT interesting.

They will outspot the LTs while they are driving to passive spotting locations. They are spotting everyone trying to shoot them and they can even yolo the arties from the base if they feel like it. Sure, skill plays a huge part in all of this and a bad player will absolutely go back to garage in no time, but once he has yoloed over the open field and gotten everyone lit, they have already impacted how the game proceeds from there on.

These things have made the game way more arcady and less realistic. I'm not saying WoT was ever a simulator or anything, but it used to be a slow paced fps with a big focus on tactical elements. If it loses those, I don't see any reason to play WoT over some more modern titles.

Finally their armor is obviously broken. They are armored CARS and they still have more armor than the french LTs while also having more HE pen than the LTs. Tbh the armor thickness doesn't even matter as all you can see/hit are the gun and wheels anyway, causing 9/10 just a critical hit that doesn't even stop them. I hate arties from the bottom of my heart, but these things are giving clickers a run for their money.

100%

They are far and away one of the most broken, ridiculous, game-ruining pieces of crapI have ever seen. They abusively impact the game and it's no wonder all the toxic try-hards gravitate towards them. 

Oldewolfe #25 Posted 07 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles
I just got my EBR90 lastnight...     You're Welcome...   

Rastrack #26 Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20608 battles

EBR 105 can bounce 15cm shots that overmatch EVERY part of their armor, on paper, gg rng (i shot one of those in my Grille15, got blocked/bounced).

That's some next level BS.

Daskard #27 Posted 09 May 2019 - 04:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23711 battles
  • [I-S-Y] I-S-Y

View PostRastrack, on 08 May 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

EBR 105 can bounce 15cm shots that overmatch EVERY part of their armor, on paper, gg rng (i shot one of those in my Grille15, got blocked/bounced).

Wouldn't an unfortunate hit to the barrel in a weird angle count as a bounce? It's not a hitbox for the HP pool, so if you didn't deal critical damage, the game might have said "bounce". It would have been great if you had watched the replay and seen the spot from where you bounced off of.

Edited by Daskard, 09 May 2019 - 04:58 PM.

Sir_Armand #28 Posted 02 June 2019 - 06:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19901 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View PostOldewolfe, on 05 March 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

You all asked for them like, what, 2yrs ago with the 100th Anniversary of WWI.....        You got what you asked for, be glad they actually Listened for a Change....

Personally, I think they're Fine....     Makes them a Priority Kill at Ciuntdown....      

No. I didn't. WG however, once promised that wheeled vehicles would not be put in the game.
17:11 Added after 3 minutes

View Postbrownbreadfred, on 16 April 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

well they have broken Frontline..

I concur.

17:17 Added after 10 minutes

View PostSnaques, on 29 April 2019 - 03:42 PM, said:

I completely agree. That you cannot "wheel" (track) them not only makes them a lot more durable by having the wheels eat up huge amounts of damage, but they also get the superpower of never getting immobilised. Nothing else in the game has an immunity, they are completely unique in that regard.

Edited by Sir_Armand, 02 June 2019 - 06:19 PM.

Space_Vato #29 Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2666 battles

View PostRastrack, on 08 May 2019 - 11:09 PM, said:

Ricochette...bounce... to some, same difference...

In reality, not so much

Bounce: Rounds get's resisted by armour.

Ricochette: Rounds deflect because of the angle of of impact.

Go to U-toob. Look for "Lada bounces tank shell"

It shows a 2S19 Msta (with a 152,4mm gun) bounce off a shot on a Lada (1mm "armour").

Enjoy!

For lazies:

Spoiler

Lada armour = OP...

Edited by Space_Vato, 07 June 2019 - 09:21 AM.

mvr_2013 #30 Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 46905 battles

...nice Fun-Video :teethhappy:
If that was a real 152mm shell, the whole car would have been blasted away by the explosion, so would NATO 155mm shells do:B

Edited by mvr_2013, 11 June 2019 - 11:53 PM.

VSotin #31 Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 44300 battles
  • [STEPA] STEPA

The EBR is not good for the game. It has already broken frontline, and a lot of maps. I know dozens of people who dont want to play Frontline because of EBR 75 and Lynx. I dont want to star story about EBR 105. This tank has armor, gun, agility, speed, view range.It just has everything. The fight begins, the Murovanka, Mines, Highway map or Prohorovka, your team has a WZ and an opponent EBR 105, and you know that the game is over for your team. Yo just dont know what is worse situation. When your team have BOT EBR player who dies in first 10 seconds, or when the opposing team has a Unicome player, and no one from your team can hit him, or when they hit him, they hit only wheel. People started joking that EBR have better armor than mouse.

Edited by VSotin, 23 June 2019 - 01:23 AM.

douglarse #32 Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 61521 battles

Am I correct in thinking that they get an auto-aim system where your crosshair does not need to be on the target vehicle but close to it?

Is this not the same as what auto-aim+ was, and they banned this for giving players an advantage?

pincup #33 Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7587 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postdouglarse, on 23 June 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Am I correct in thinking that they get an auto-aim system where your crosshair does not need to be on the target vehicle but close to it?

Is this not the same as what auto-aim+ was, and they banned this for giving players an advantage?

it wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for stupid bulletproof wheels... :facepalm: 

what's the point of other light tanks I wonder,  just take F1 wheeled car which is so fast that is hard to hit and even if someone manage to land a hit there is 90% chance that it will be absorbed by wheels LOL :D

p.s.

don't give me spotting range crap.. it doesn't change the fact that one can just rush through enemy line, in front of enemy GUNS and get away with this....

Edited by pincup, 23 June 2019 - 02:34 PM.

AzoreanOutkast #34 Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10486 battles

EBR has an amazing RNG avoidance rate that makes it nearly impossible to hit, that is why me and i see alot of other ppl dont even try to hit it, cause its wasted shells.

To top it all, it has that stupid autoaim feature and seens to always hit the mark when it fires on the move no matter what, also can zoom in and out without punishement and if it hits bumps never rolls over... All said!

Gremlin182 #35 Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 55278 battles

View Postsaweir, on 04 March 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Then dont change game! Or if they change game, then that should be fair! So much unfair moves from Wg! Why they nerfed arty? Because arty was to strog! Unreal and unfair! Why not change this piece of crapon wheels? Thats also unfair! If they want stability in game and make a money for long period, they need make so many changes! Now game is totaly trash! From matchmaking till this French carts... 

I think they change stuff based on how they think its affecting the game, the SPG nerf came in after a sandbox test.

They either listened to complaints or checked how things were going after they added higher tier SPGs and then looked for a solution.

as you know they reduced Penetration and damage by 50% increased the area of effect and added stun. Also removed all but HE ammo.

Complaints continued.

If the Wheeled Vehicles cause a problem they will get changed to but they don't do anything in hast they wait and see,

Now they have been out for a while I occasionally see a wheeled vehicle in randoms but not always.

If we started getting 2 or 3 per side in most games they might do something about it, till then its not a problem.

They may be a problem in FL wouldnt know

Gremlin182 #36 Posted 23 June 2019 - 05:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 55278 battles

I do think there may be a problem with the damage model for some of the wheeled vehicles I do know that the tier 6 7 and 8 A/Cs do take decent damage.

Most hits kills a crew member, if you hit the wheels then speed drops and steering goes really bad.

I doubt anyone notices this happening as I always have 2 repair kits on mine and given I am still moving only now at say 30-40 instead of 60 its only for the time it takes me to press 2 buttons on my mouse so 2 seconds then all is repaired.

The premium Wheeled vehicle could have a problem with the damage model but I say that based on one recent battle.

Check out the 2 images showing where I was hit and by what and bear in mind they caused no damage and nothing needed repairing.

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_102.jpg   612.03K
  • Attached File   shot_103.jpg   853.67K

Edited by Gremlin182, 23 June 2019 - 07:20 PM.

Salmo_1027 #37 Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15976 battles
  • [CMCM] CMCM

Hello, I've just finished a ridiculous episode of front line and throughout the game, EBR's were scooting around doing their thing. one or two or maybe three, one can cope with;

but at the end, I was confronted with at least nine swarming around like wasp's on heat and there was literally nothing one could do to combat it.

In my opinion front line is a paradise for these vehicles and nightmare for everyone else!

It's a stupid format and the only reason i am obliged to participate is for the credits.

YOU DO HAVE NINE EBRS in any other format. Why doesn't WOT leave front line just for them?

Oldewolfe #38 Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

EBR 105 has been Unlocked for a While now, and Finally, the Credits are Approching 10 Million...      Just need to Decide, Leopard I, T 30, or EBR....      Leaning on the EBR just for Kicks, seems to get the most Entertaining Reaction....

What do you Think, sounds like Grand Fun to me....

Shacou #39 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21924 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Wheeled vehicles are good, because WoT isn't a slow paced game.

Oldewolfe #40 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles
If it were, Games would last Longer than 3 to 5 Minutes....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users