bot

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

stefan1994a #1 Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9357 battles
  • [SRM] SRM
Dear WG when will you start to remove bot players from this game. Just got banned beacause some idiot who push me in front of the enemy. It's my fault beacause I got the ban, but seriously when will you try to sort out that kind of players that buy bot programm and just yolo in every match. Most of the matches are 15:1 or 15:2 and full of some idiots that bought others account or bought a bot programm. When will you try to realy listen to players and their sugestions.

eekeeboo #2 Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46772 battles

Bots are always removed and you can readily report them. But there's no way to stop someone signing up to a new bot account. Where there's a way, someone will find it and use it to get to use their bot. 

Now, to be clear, bots don't YOLO, so you may need to consider what is a player who doesn't care or a bad player and an actual bot. 

The_Naa #3 Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6745 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

their life, their account and their way of playing the game.

who made you the random battle commander?

if players want to rush alone into a death trap or drive off a cliff they can.

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16150 battles

Someone called?

stefan1994a #5 Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9357 battles
  • [SRM] SRM
I'm not random battle commander. But what really pisses me of is players that just push you  without any reason and start shooting at you then when they die in the next few seconds you are noob beacuse he or she died. And yes bots can yolo their way and that depend on how much someone paid.

NoobySkooby #6 Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16150 battles

View Poststefan1994a, on 04 March 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

I'm not random battle commander. But what really pisses me of is players that just push you  without any reason and start shooting at you then when they die in the next few seconds you are noob beacuse he or she died. And yes bots can yolo their way and that depend on how much someone paid.

Aww chill dude, nothing is more hilarious than seeing an SPG go into the 'banana road' on himmelsdorf..... right in the middle of the heavy brawling spot.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70950 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Poststefan1994a, on 04 March 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

but seriously when will you try to sort out that kind of players that buy bot programm and just yolo in every match. Most of the matches are 15:1 or 15:2 and full of some idiots that bought others account or bought a bot programm. When will you try to realy listen to players and their sugestions.

If they removed all of those. I suspect the population at peak hours would be less than 10K. As being bad is not against the rules.

As most suggestions regarding this, and the definition of bots. Is simply anyone with worse stats than them, not doing what they want. And again. If WG did listen to that suggestion. The game would be dead years ago as for someone, you fall under that group too.

PowJay #8 Posted 04 March 2019 - 07:21 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38938 battles
The use of any automated system to play battles for you is banned, but YOLOing to your death or going AFK does not get you banned. Seems right! :amazed:

___Jazz___ #9 Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35053 battles
  • [R0TI] R0TI

When I was a student in university, one of my professors believed very much in statistics. He used to say "statistics never lie". Although you could obviously reply that statistics can be manipulated through interpretation, I also believe that general truths are revealed through statistics. My point is that as a XVM user (bla bla bla yes I use it and I will always prefer to know who I have in front of me and who I can count on in my team before making a move; not using XVM is only going to blind you from this truth so please don't bring the debate to this direction, etc...), some truths are revealed about some players in game. AND, my point is to mention that in the recent weeks (actually ever since the marathon for EBR started... how curious indeed...) there are MORE bots than I've EVER seen in the game.

It is ridiculous how many players show over 15k battles, and below 300 wn8 and 44% winrate. I recently encountered a player in game with 12k battles, 35 wn8 (yes, thirty-five) and 43% winrate : what would you think of this ? I am seriously trying to be comprehensive and understand this must be due to players being new, careless players, young aged players not giving a *edited* about the results or just not undestanding it, but I still can not believe their progression curves are so low and flat. I am not calling bots players that have a low success and winrate, just really the ones that are obvioulsy some. And watching them play in game also reveals they must be AI controlled (static in the first minute, then taking preferably camping positions with heavy tanks, moving turret in all directions even when no ennemy detected...), very often leading you to lose an easy game because of total absence of human common sense behind the tank.

Honestly this game is sinking for me because of this, while in the meantime WG dares to publicly state they are cleaning the game frombots, whereas they come back like a Hydra (cut one's head, two grow back). And reports. OMG, reports. If only one could have the feeling that they serve a purpose. There should be a better inquiry from WG, a better detection system, WG knows better than anyone how to do this but will they ever do something to reduce people's interest in the game (even from those that are ill-intentioned) ? No matter if the population diminishes afterwards (they are many, but not that many to affect the game population, my estimation would be 2% or 3% max).

End of shout.

Edited by CrimsonCat, 06 March 2019 - 10:48 AM.
Edited due to inappropriate remarks

Mav75 #10 Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33960 battles
  • [-ZER0] -ZER0

When I had XVM (3 years ago) lowest I saw was 8.

These days I just check the WR after battle. Lowest I remember in the past 7 days was a tad over 42%.

Rati_Festa #11 Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48617 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostI___Jazz___, on 06 March 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

When I was a student in university, one of my professors believed very much in statistics. He used to say "statistics never lie". Although you could obviously reply that statistics can be manipulated through interpretation, I also believe that general truths are revealed through statistics. My point is that as a XVM user (bla bla bla yes I use it and I will always prefer to know who I have in front of me and who I can count on in my team before making a move; not using XVM is only going to blind you from this truth so please don't bring the debate to this direction, etc...), some truths are revealed about some players in game. AND, my point is to mention that in the recent weeks (actually ever since the marathon for EBR started... how curious indeed...) there are MORE bots than I've EVER seen in the game.

It is ridiculous how many players show over 15k battles, and below 300 wn8 and 44% winrate. I recently encountered a player in game with 12k battles, 35 wn8 (yes, thirty-five) and 43% winrate : what would you think of this ? I am seriously trying to be comprehensive and understand this must be due to players being new, careless players, young aged players not giving a *edited* about the results or just not undestanding it, but I still can not believe their progression curves are so low and flat. I am not calling bots players that have a low success and winrate, just really the ones that are obvioulsy some. And watching them play in game also reveals they must be AI controlled (static in the first minute, then taking preferably camping positions with heavy tanks, moving turret in all directions even when no ennemy detected...), very often leading you to lose an easy game because of total absence of human common sense behind the tank.

Honestly this game is sinking for me because of this, while in the meantime WG dares to publicly state they are cleaning the game frombots, whereas they come back like a Hydra (cut one's head, two grow back). And reports. OMG, reports. If only one could have the feeling that they serve a purpose. There should be a better inquiry from WG, a better detection system, WG knows better than anyone how to do this but will they ever do something to reduce people's interest in the game (even from those that are ill-intentioned) ? No matter if the population diminishes afterwards (they are many, but not that many to affect the game population, my estimation would be 2% or 3% max).

End of shout.

I agree there does appear to be disproportionately more "bad" players than average to good. You see game after game players who don't even acknowledge the mini map exists, drive into team mates, drive out in the open. How can they play 10k's of games and not learn the basics.

A match last night a WV yolod through our base, I hit it twice every single team mate missed 1 or 2 shots each.... it's just crazy the sheer volume of poor players.

B3AR3R #12 Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17204 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 March 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

Bots are always removed and you can readily report them. But there's no way to stop someone signing up to a new bot account. Where there's a way, someone will find it and use it to get to use their bot. 

Now, to be clear, bots don't YOLO, so you may need to consider what is a player who doesn't care or a bad player and an actual bot. 

really?

https://worldoftanks.eu/pl/community/accounts/551153653-Vladimir63_15_1/

vasilinhorulezz #13 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25158 battles

View Poststefan1994a, on 04 March 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Dear WG when will you start to remove bot players from this game. Just got banned beacause some idiot who push me in front of the enemy. It's my fault beacause I got the ban, but seriously when will you try to sort out that kind of players that buy bot programm and just yolo in every match. Most of the matches are 15:1 or 15:2 and full of some idiots that bought others account or bought a bot programm. When will you try to realy listen to players and their sugestions.

Nope, you got banned for team damage,

shoot the red tanks, not the green tanks.

Also,

learn the difference between a bad player and a bot.

apaleytos #14 Posted 07 March 2019 - 03:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16504 battles

I dont care for stats,but when someone has 20k battle and 2 digit Wn8,like a guy i met afking at spawn glorious 58 wn8 he is botting.The problem is proving it,he might be a pacifist...If he is top tier in your team,gg minus one tank that matters.When you can reach t10s without even shooting your gun thats game design problem. Maybe they should deny xp & credits for the bottom 2-3 tanks,same with people that drawn.

Edited by apaleytos, 07 March 2019 - 03:34 PM.

m1x_angelico #15 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24229 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View Posteekeeboo, on 04 March 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

bots don't YOLO. 

Just found my second signature phrase :D

EDIT: because it reminded me of the phrase: Men dont cry - WOT edition.

Edited by m1x_angelico, 09 March 2019 - 01:33 AM.

Also tagged with bot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users