65 replies to this topic

SaintMaddenus #41 Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 36606 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAsklepi0s, on 05 March 2019 - 10:45 AM, said:

Thread moved to Off-Topic.
I send him the link so no need to be angry !

LOL someone wants their own thread.... :hiding:

eekeeboo #42 Posted 05 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles

View Post7thSyndicate, on 05 March 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

Yeah thanks for the perma ban on twitch chat yesterday for sending 2 messages(normal stuff) in 2 min :teethhappy:

I didn't ban anyone from the chat yesterday (Saturday or Sunday). Can you please confirm the issue as I wasn't at work then, just in my off time so it might need passing on to someone else to remedy. 

View PostElement6, on 05 March 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

I expect people with "Moderator" and "Community manager" to be primarily forum oriented, but eekeeboo actually has "WG Staff" as a title. He might know more than we think?

The unfortunate circumstance is if you agree with someone you're usually considered to know more, if you disagree with someone you're considered to be stupid. Very few people look past that and many prefer the standard replies over the more personalised and informed answers. Can't please everyone unfortunately! :( 

View PostJigabachi, on 05 March 2019 - 07:33 AM, said:

This. He is filling a position that wasn't occupied for a long time and he's doing that quite well. I don't agree with everything he writes and we still don't get answers to the more critical questions, but that's to be expected and he isn't to blame for that. However, when he does give an answer which people completely disagree with, he should come back and discuss it a bit.

Sometimes there is no discussion to have on some things, that is unfortunately as they are and that's where they will stay. My job is to communicate the the answer and give feedback from what there is, but I will always explain why it is the way it is and sometimes business decisions are made the way they are with consideration that others are not aware of. 

View Postm1x_angelico, on 05 March 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

That's true.

One of the most active mods,

One of the rare mods that lets the discussions continue even when they have passed the constructiveness phase.

One of the rare mods that actually responds to players' comments and does so with arguments and well crafted opinions.

Some of you guys dont seem to understand how a corporate job works. He could do none of the above, just close topics and edit profanities, and still get paid the same. So yeah, we appreciate it.

Thank-you it's very much appreciated and not all people know the challenge. 
11:47 Added after 1 minute

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 05 March 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

The rules are the same for everyone, as I demonstrated to you numerous times via the numerous personal messages you have sent with your strong opinion. 

fighting_falcon93 #43 Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 March 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

The rules are the same for everyone, as I demonstrated to you numerous times

And I showed you numerous examples of how some posts get sanctioned while equal posts do not. The problem is that you refuse to understand this. And you can stop discussing moderation with me because it's me that will get a 3rd warning point, not you. And you know this, that's why you're trying to get me into this discussion once again.

Anna_Kalashnikova #44 Posted 05 March 2019 - 01:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13018 battles
  • [GOH] GOH

Yes, this eekeeboo is by far the best chat bot ever developed, astonishing technology. If only WG would use the same AI for the Matchmaker...

Just kidding (surprise, surprise), keep going, Pidgeon-Man!

cro001 #45 Posted 05 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31628 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Quantity =/= quality, his posts about game fall really short to put it politely.

Never forget IS-3A topic. mAYbE yOu sHoULd bUY IS-3A bEfoRE yOU JuDGe iT?! As it turns out eek, it's still broken tank.

eekeeboo #46 Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:50 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles

View PostAnna_Kalashnikova, on 05 March 2019 - 12:28 PM, said:

Yes, this eekeeboo is by far the best chat bot ever developed, astonishing technology. If only WG would use the same AI for the Matchmaker...

Just kidding (surprise, surprise), keep going, Pidgeon-Man!

Skynet is a myth and should be trusted implicitly! Honest. 

View Postcro001, on 05 March 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Quantity =/= quality, his posts about game fall really short to put it politely.

Never forget IS-3A topic. mAYbE yOu sHoULd bUY IS-3A bEfoRE yOU JuDGe iT?! As it turns out eek, it's still broken tank.

And it still stands the tank has weaknesses, the tank didn't end the game and break MM and the world isn't over. It's something where informed and objectivity overrule subjective hype train doomsayers! 
14:51 Added after 0 minutes

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 05 March 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

And I showed you numerous examples of how some posts get sanctioned while equal posts do not. The problem is that you refuse to understand this. And you can stop discussing moderation with me because it's me that will get a 3rd warning point, not you. And you know this, that's why you're trying to get me into this discussion once again.

Then please consider the tone and where and what you're saying ;) 

cro001 #47 Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:17 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31628 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 March 2019 - 03:50 PM, said:

And it still stands the tank has weaknesses, the tank didn't end the game and break MM and the world isn't over. It's something where informed and objectivity overrule subjective hype train doomsayers! 

Oh but it did, just as Type 5 and many others. But truth is, most WOT players gave up trying to tell you anything constructive. That's why I play Chieftain/Object 907 now, I became the very thing I wanted to destroy.

Homer_J #48 Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30916 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostseXikanac, on 05 March 2019 - 10:07 AM, said:

Why do you think he thinks we are dumb? I'm curious

He's from Yorkshire, we are genetically programmed to assume everyone is dumb, especially people not from Yorkshire because why would you want to be born anywhere else?

eekeeboo #49 Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:08 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles

View Postcro001, on 05 March 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

Oh but it did, just as Type 5 and many others. But truth is, most WOT players gave up trying to tell you anything constructive. That's why I play Chieftain/Object 907 now, I became the very thing I wanted to destroy.

But the game isn't dead, the game doesn't have bazillions of IS3As with Pool's medals etc. There's a difference between constructive, which is what some people gave and the "OMG IS3A going to end World of Tanks, why you ruin my life?". The latter was a lot of the things to challenge as per my job and the need to do so that people are more balanced and informed before making other wild claims. 

When you consider the hype and over-reaction of how OP they are sold more IS3A hunting crate buyers than we as WG ever could. 

View PostHomer_J, on 05 March 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

He's from Yorkshire, we are genetically programmed to assume everyone is dumb, especially people not from Yorkshire because why would you want to be born anywhere else?

​I refuse to confirm or deny the truth in these statements. 

jabster #50 Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12627 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 March 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Skynet is a myth and should be trusted implicitly! Honest. 

14:51 Added after 0 minutes

Then please consider the tone and where and what you're saying ;) 

Well Skynet is a thing and currently in use by the British armed forces ... just saying.

eekeeboo #51 Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:36 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles

View Postjabster, on 05 March 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

Well Skynet is a thing and currently in use by the British armed forces ... just saying.

It's also a delivery service, but point still stands ;) 

cro001 #52 Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31628 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 March 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

But the game isn't dead, the game doesn't have bazillions of IS3As with Pool's medals etc. There's a difference between constructive, which is what some people gave and the "OMG IS3A going to end World of Tanks, why you ruin my life?". The latter was a lot of the things to challenge as per my job and the need to do so that people are more balanced and informed before making other wild claims. 

When you consider the hype and over-reaction of how OP they are sold more IS3A hunting crate buyers than we as WG ever could. 

Most people weren't overreacting as you put it. We were trying to be constructive but to no avail which then turned into meme-ing WG and getting salty because you released tank in such state. IS-3A keeps over-preforming but whatever. I understand you have job to do, but please, can we stop with this charade. You did the same thing in Rhm-Pzw thread and quite frankly, anyone normal is pretty much insulted with your way of "handling" things. Instead of admitting you have no control or data in some cases and you can't comment on such things, you try to push some load of bull as being fair and balanced when it's far from it.

But yeah, I should stop being un-constructive now. I refuse to go into this rabbit hole once again.

P.S. Tank doesn't need farm Pool's medals to be considered OP or broken.

Edited by cro001, 05 March 2019 - 05:39 PM.

eekeeboo #53 Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:44 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles

View Postcro001, on 05 March 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Most people weren't overreacting as you put it. We were trying to be constructive but to no avail. IS-3A keeps over-preforming but whatever. I understand you have job to do, but please, can we stop with this charade. You did the same thing in Rhm-Pzw thread and quite frankly, anyone normal is pretty much insulted with your way of "handling" things. Instead of admitting you have no control or data in some cases and you can't comment on such things, you try to push some load of bull as being fair and balanced when it's far from it.

But yeah, I should stop being un-constructive now. I refuse to go into this rabbit hole once again.

P.S. Tank doesn't need farm Pool's medals to be considered OP or broken.

Then I wish you luck, go back to the thread and look at the statements and my reaction to them, then look at the long term impact and what I say would happen, what did happen and what I was told would happen by the masses! 

The same thing with the Rhm-Pzw, I give a reason why it's the way it is, why it doesn't necessarily need to be made easy to play and like everything else, that's not healthy for the challenge, the game or diversity. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it wrong. Informed opinions are important and always consider the other side and factors you're not aware of, it's what I do before making statements like I do as I know I will be held accountable for everything I say at any given post. Unfortunately/Good thing that not all players are, wild claims will never be upheld, or memes made out of claims of world ending tank balance because it's forgotten, then it's the next thing that will end the game. 

And insulted is not my job, I am here to be friendly not your friend. If you're offended by facts and truth and information, if I were you I would consider what it is exactly you're being offended about? Note I don't swear, I don't use names and I don't insult your intelligence or any capability, but I will always handle the situations with professionalism and ask/demand for a modicum of reciprocated respect. 

I can't always give the data, because no game company does, right or wrong, that's the way it is. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that will change. 

Once again, game-ending, OP-end of the world premium. Still awaiting the prophetised one! 

Thank you for trying to derail the thread, hopefully, people will see I don't do this job for praise but do this to pass on information and to interact. Like I said in my very first post as CM and I repeat. 

I will give you the information I have, the answers I can do anything asked, whether you like it or not, that's my job. 

wsatnutter #54 Posted 05 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25927 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

I have had a certain Yorkshire man in my tent they are calm  and kind they just drink whiskey and break tables

yes I have a replay

eekeeboo #55 Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles

View Postwsatnutter, on 05 March 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

I have had a certain Yorkshire man in my tent they are calm  and kind they just drink whiskey and break tables

yes I have a replay

​That must have been a big Yorkshire Pudding! 

wsatnutter #56 Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 25927 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 March 2019 - 05:23 PM, said:

​That must have been a big Yorkshire Pudding!

it was classic comedy member of the family got up from table as they said they ive had enough im  going to bed as he got up a pin sheared holding the table seats  which then put him and homer on their arses homer still holding onto his malt and not spilling a drop, my brother in  law was on his arse looking at me saying wtf happened there , as they hit the floor the weight shifting made me stand upright as if we had been on a seesaw, I tell you this I cried laughing . will dig the pic out this week

fighting_falcon93 #57 Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32161 battles

View Posteekeeboo, on 05 March 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

I don't insult your intelligence or any capability

Hmm, other people might disagree on that one :sceptic:

View Posteekeeboo, on 22 February 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

I advise you to avoid any Scientific field with your ability to draw conclusions from statements.

View Posteekeeboo, on 18 January 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

If I missed 95% of my shots I would consider buying a new mouse and getting myself a new optician! 

There we have the real eekeeboo :great:

rsanders5 #58 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27685 battles

Because Nottinghamshire is a far nicer place :)

Balc0ra #59 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69273 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postcro001, on 05 March 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

To be fair. A lot of the people moaning about the Type 5 now. Are the same people asking for it to be buffed when it came, as some even had the derp idea even then. And when they did follow their advice more or less. The same people want it gone. You can't win either way. I suspect WG knows that. And regardless of what they do, even nerfing the 907 to the ground like the T-22 and you're happy. Another one just takes your place on something different. Or someone wants the tanks buffed again like the T-22 topics we see now and then.

As we have seen in this game for years, it's a never-ending cycle. 

Long_Range_Sniper #60 Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 34686 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 04 March 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

You should not confuse quantity and quality. Wait until he starts misunderstanding your questions, give you the same misunderstood answer time after time, deny the obvious, and treat you different to other forumites, and we will see if your level of appreciation is still as high. 

Maybe try being a little constructive?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users