Jump to content


Pz.1C 8mm Mauser penetration is ruining the fun

Pz.1C 8mm Mauser Penetration Fun

  • Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

xx_Candlejack_xx #61 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:21 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • 57
  • [PR213] PR213
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 09 March 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

 

And the 110mm pen HEAT removed as well?

 

Ok with me.

DA_ZOHAN #62 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56790 battles
  • 1,775
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

I enjoy a rummage through the kiddy pool just as much as the next guy, but honestly, I think the PZ1C is sickening.

New players obtain very negative habits as a result of it.  The auto-aim click and spray and pray habit, the count on it's small size and insane mobility habit, and its sick pen with prem.

The low tier (tier 2 and 3) derps are very inaccurate, and have a very long reload time to compensate for it's ability to 1 shot stuff.

The 1C has a very large clip of 40 rounds, a very short reload time (thus making it very difficult to a survivor of the 1st clip to kill it before it reloads) and the mobility to get out of trouble while reloading.

The example of a balanced tier 3 with autoloader is the PZ2G.  This has the gun from the Luchs, which is LETHAL on tier 3, but it's clip is not enough to kill 1 full hp tank, and the reload is what, 14-15 seconds, and the tank is not very mobile.

 

I am of the school of thought to kick the 1C the hell out.  I would like to see it maybe as a tier 5-6 premium tank.  Retaining speed, retaining manouverablity, and having a gun balanced to face tier 5-6.  This would remove it from the seal clubbing ranks, and give a really fun tank for those that love the mid tiers.



julian509 #63 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11775 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    11-10-2012

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 09 March 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

The low tier (tier 2 and 3) derps are very inaccurate, and have a very long reload time to compensate for it's ability to 1 shot stuff.

Long reload? Sorry what? The cruiser 2's derp with premium has only 55dpm less than the 8mm mauser on the Pz I C, the gun this guy is complaining about in the first place. And the armour on the Cruiser 2 is good enough for it to get close enough to the Pz I C to not have the inaccuracy be an issue. This is just a case of a guy wanting to have an easier time seal clubbing in his cruiser 2.



xx_Candlejack_xx #64 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • 57
  • [PR213] PR213
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View Postjulian509, on 09 March 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Long reload? Sorry what? The cruiser 2's derp with premium has only 55dpm less than the 8mm mauser on the Pz I C, the gun this guy is complaining about in the first place. And the armour on the Cruiser 2 is good enough for it to get close enough to the Pz I C to not have the inaccuracy be an issue. This is just a case of a guy wanting to have an easier time seal clubbing in his cruiser 2.

 

Wrong. This is a case to get every lower tier player to enjoy the actual gameplay and not getting decimated or getting a half of a team whiped out before the match actually begins.

DA_ZOHAN #65 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56790 battles
  • 1,775
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View Postjulian509, on 09 March 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

Long reload? Sorry what? The cruiser 2's derp with premium has only 55dpm less than the 8mm mauser on the Pz I C, the gun this guy is complaining about in the first place. And the armour on the Cruiser 2 is good enough for it to get close enough to the Pz I C to not have the inaccuracy be an issue. This is just a case of a guy wanting to have an easier time seal clubbing in his cruiser 2.

 

I simply voiced my opinion.

It is not directed at any other opinion, nor is it endorsing any other opinion.

 

The fact is that people can play any tier, any amount of games, and have any level of crew in any tank based upon games played and FXP converted to CXP.

Do I think it is sickening to have more then a few hundred games at best in known seal clubbing tanks? Yes.

Do I think it is wrong for new players with 50-90% base skill crews and no equipment to have to face experienced players with 3-8 crew skills and full equipment? Yes.

Do I think that the PZ1C, while it provides a lot of fun for the person driving it, is the most overpowered tank tier for tier?  Yes.

I 100% think it should be removed.  Just like the T18 was removed.  Just like the WTE100 was removed.  

 

EDIT:

I think that WG should be 60% focused on the new player experience, and 40% focused on the experienced player experience.  More experienced players are leaving the game after doing everything they set out to do, researching all tanks, obtaining reward tanks via PM or CW, and such.

New players are the ones that have yet to spend money, and get hooked on the game.  


Edited by DA_ZOHAN, 09 March 2019 - 02:05 PM.


xx_Candlejack_xx #66 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • 57
  • [PR213] PR213
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View Postjulian509, on 09 March 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

Long reload? Sorry what? The cruiser 2's derp with premium has only 55dpm less than the 8mm mauser on the Pz I C, the gun this guy is complaining about in the first place. And the armour on the Cruiser 2 is good enough for it to get close enough to the Pz I C to not have the inaccuracy be an issue. This is just a case of a guy wanting to have an easier time seal clubbing in his cruiser 2.

 

I think that the Cruiser II's derp guns reload is a long one... almost 12 second. And I can sure you that the armor is not that good.

julian509 #67 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11775 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    11-10-2012

View Postxx_Candlejack_xx, on 09 March 2019 - 01:03 PM, said:

I think that the Cruiser II's derp guns reload is a long one... almost 12 second. And I can sure you that the armor is not that good.

Wow, having to wait 12 seconds before you can one shot another one of your tiermates, the horror. 

Edited by julian509, 09 March 2019 - 02:06 PM.


xx_Candlejack_xx #68 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • 57
  • [PR213] PR213
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View Postjulian509, on 09 March 2019 - 02:05 PM, said:

Wow, having to wait 12 seconds before you can one shot another one of your tiermates, the horror. 

 

Why are you getting so salty? You don't even seem to play low tiers that much, so why this is actually hurting you?

DA_ZOHAN #69 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56790 battles
  • 1,775
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View Postjulian509, on 09 March 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Wow, having to wait 12 seconds before you can one shot another one of your tiermates, the horror. 

 

What is your opinion about the Hetzer?  Just out of curiosity?  Or the Queen of the Desert, The Matilda?

Edited by DA_ZOHAN, 09 March 2019 - 02:10 PM.


julian509 #70 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:12 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 11775 battles
  • 107
  • Member since:
    11-10-2012

View Postxx_Candlejack_xx, on 09 March 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Why are you getting so salty? You don't even seem to play low tiers that much, so why this is actually hurting you?

Because you wanting a tank nerfed so you'll have an easier time seal clubbing is hypocritical. Not to mention that you seem to be spending a lot of your games seal clubbing at lower tiers in tanks that aren't the Pz I C.

13:16 Added after 4 minutes

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 09 March 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

What is your opinion about the Hetzer?  Just out of curiosity?  Or the Queen of the Desert, The Matilda?

I would not mind if the hetzer lost that stupid 10,5cm gun and the matilda is a tank that shouldn't be put up against tier 3s in the first place, most of them struggle to reliably pen the rear of a matilda.



xx_Candlejack_xx #71 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • 57
  • [PR213] PR213
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View Postjulian509, on 09 March 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Because you wanting a tank nerfed so you'll have an easier time seal clubbing is hypocritical. Not to mention that you seem to be spending a lot of your games seal clubbing at lower tiers in tanks that aren't the Pz I C.

 

That's where you are wrong. I already stated what the case was, but because you obviously missed it, then let me quote myself. "This is a case to get every lower tier player to enjoy the actual gameplay and not getting decimated or getting a half of a team whiped out before the match actually begins." I play alot with other tanks then just Cruiser II. I have seen it time after time how overpowered the Pz.1C can be and fell that it is not fun for majority of player to get killed before they can get out of the base circle. Damn I think that getting killed before you can get of the base can't be fun for anyone.

Edited by xx_Candlejack_xx, 09 March 2019 - 02:19 PM.


m00h #72 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 88591 battles
  • 1,461
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    09-30-2011

I never understood the fuzz about pz1c. Sure it's annoying, but there are enough tanks which can easily counter it.

Some years ago i played M2 Medium derp for the fun of it. I have yet to see any of those buggers i couldn't just stomp

with that, or who come any close at all to my average values with that thing.



DA_ZOHAN #73 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:21 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 56790 battles
  • 1,775
  • [OZ77] OZ77
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View Postxx_Candlejack_xx, on 09 March 2019 - 03:18 PM, said:

 

That's where you are wrong. I already stated what the case was, but because you obviously missed it, then let me quote myself. "This is a case to get every lower tier player to enjoy the actual gameplay and not getting decimated or getting a half of a team whiped out before the match actually begins." I play alot with other tanks then just Cruiser II. I have seen it time after time how overpowered the Pz.1C can be and fell that it is not fun for majority of player to get killed before they can get out of the base circle. Damn I think that getting killed before you can get of the base can be fun for anyone.

 

Honestly, the only way to enjoy low tier is if all machinegun tanks get their guns replaced with a decent cannon.  30-57mm, with balanced pen and ROF.

I don't have any issue with the bofor's 40mm for instance, or the pom pom gun, since once fired, and if you moving, there is a good chance of 1 of 4 hitting and 3 missing.

Low tier in general has to be looked at.  But WG is more concerned with the high tier.



xx_Candlejack_xx #74 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 11928 battles
  • 57
  • [PR213] PR213
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostDA_ZOHAN, on 09 March 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

 

Honestly, the only way to enjoy low tier is if all machinegun tanks get their guns replaced with a decent cannon.  30-57mm, with balanced pen and ROF.

I don't have any issue with the bofor's 40mm for instance, or the pom pom gun, since once fired, and if you moving, there is a good chance of 1 of 4 hitting and 3 missing.

Low tier in general has to be looked at.  But WG is more concerned with the high tier.

 

Agreed.





Also tagged with Pz.1C, 8mm, Mauser, Penetration, Fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users