Supertest News: The Tier VIII–X Swedish Medium Tanks

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ExistanceUK #21 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16801 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

The currently posted stats of the tier 8 look fine, that's where they need to be but the currently posted stats of the tier 10 don't look right.

First the really odd stuff, why did the tier 10 not have 2sec aim time and why is the p/w plus the top speed so low? Secondly the 120mm just looks odd, I see the changes being made on the Kranvagn so I see why you make 460 but IMO it's the wrong way to go.

At the moment it appears you are targeting the mobility of the M48 with the gun of the 430U (with 460) but without the P/W of the M48 and without the gun handling of either the M48 or the 430U and still persisting with the uncompetitive pen of the Kranvagn (which is still an issue on that tank as well).

I would propose instead that the aim time comes down to match the 430U and the alpha is down to 400/420 with RoF adjustments to either keep 2.6k DPM with improved pen or even to 2.8k DPM if you persist on the bad pen. The P/W needs to come up to around 18 and the top speed to 50 regardless or alternatively you buff the hull armour to 50 to actually justify the slow speed. 

Edited by ExistanceUK, 12 March 2019 - 05:04 PM.

eekeeboo #22 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:31 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
Please review update edit on the OP for changes made in the testing phase of the vehicles! 

Bucifel #23 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33808 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

disgusting

armor buffs again on a autoricochet angles?? And on weakpoints like cupola??

disgusting

Objec7 #24 Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13888 battles
  • [AVENG] AVENG

View Posteekeeboo, on 06 March 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

Greetings tankers!

The new Swedish medium tanks are now entering the Supertest. The Tier VIII and the Tier X vehicles are fully set up for testing, though their parameters aren’t yet final and are to be checked in the coming battles. The Tier IX tank is still being tuned.

These Swedes’ key feature is their hydropneumatic suspension. It’s like the one employed in top-tier Swedish TDs, but the new medium tanks enter the Siege Mode automatically when their speed drops. This way, their gun depression can reach -13 degrees (which is a lot!).

The new Swedish mediums also have a  small size and a good alpha. The UDES 15/16 (Tier X) is the newly-minted champion of its class with 460 points of damage. The Swedish newcomers’ mobility is enough for them to not lag behind their teammates.

When in battle with one of these, try aggressive support tactics. Flank the enemies together with other medium tanks, covering allies and using uneven landscape to deal massive hits on your enemy curbing their enthusiasm.

Please take note that the vehicles’ parameters may change depending on test results. Keep following the news and to stay up to date on all World of Tanks info.

UDES 15/16

Spoiler

UDES 14 ALT 5

Spoiler

UDES 16

Spoiler

Good luck and Good Hunting!  

Eek. 

EDIT: Update 15/3/19

Greetings tankers!

The Supertest for the new Swedish mediums is at its peak, and today we’re introducing changes to the stats of the UDES 15/16 (Tier X). As we stated before, the “high damage yield, average mobility medium” concept was chosen for all these vehicles. Sticking with it, we enter into the next testing iteration. The typical features are in place, and the changes are few.

Some parameters will decrease:

·         Alpha — from 460 to 440 points

·         View range — from 420 to 390 meters

But many stats will improve:

·         Top speed (forward / in reverse) — from 45/20 to 50/24 km/h

·         Engine power — from 480 to 570 hp

·         Rate of fire — from 5.66 to 6.36

·         Aiming time — from 2.4 to 2.2 seconds

·         Dispersion on the move — from 0.2 to 0.14

·         Hull armour (the glacis plate and the sides) — from 40 to 50 mm

·         Turret armour — up by 10–15 mm at the front, and up by 50 mm on the commander’s cupola (effective armour in both cases)

Please note that the tests are still ongoing, and these stat adjustments may not be final: we’re still fine-tuning these vehicles.

Follow the news and all the luck in your battles!

eek. 

Buffs are good and needed!

Geno1isme #25 Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:18 AM

General

• Player
  • 45403 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Decent changes, though the armor buffs seem overkill (hard to say without knowing the exact model).

BengtRune #26 Posted 19 March 2019 - 11:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27956 battles
  • [HE11] HE11

View PostBucifel, on 15 March 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

disgusting

disgusting

Autoricochet means nothing if a gun Over Match the armor X 3 it shoots. Not so strange they increase the armor.

ExistanceUK #27 Posted 20 March 2019 - 10:44 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16801 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

View Posteekeeboo, on 15 March 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Please review update edit on the OP for changes made in the testing phase of the vehicles! 

Interesting that the changes I had suggested are where the designers went with this latest round of changes. 

I would also highlight that the armour and speed changes create space for the tier 9 to slot in to between the tier 8 and 10. This would allow the tier 9 to have 40mm hull armour and 55kph top speed so that the progression from tier 8 to 10 makes sense. 

Gatix #28 Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15537 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostBucifel, on 15 March 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

disgusting

disgusting

Yep...

View Posteekeeboo, on 15 March 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

Once again, you buffing armor? WG/WoT, if you are out of ideas how to make more tanks with different stats/game play... Stop buffing armors. Seriously it's disgusting in all ways.

I guess you buffed it for heat and auto penetration due overmatching mechanic.

Commander's Cupola buffed, well done, maybe make like Obj 430U got? I see a lot of new tanks don't have small guns, machine Gun, cupola or very small. You keep removing/reworking on real weak spots instead making them or adjust them.

ExistanceUK #29 Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16801 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

View PostGatix, on 20 March 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Yep...

Once again, you buffing armor? WG/WoT, if you are out of ideas how to make more tanks with different stats/game play... Stop buffing armors. Seriously it's disgusting in all ways.

Commander's Cupola buffed, well done, maybe make like Obj 430U got? I see a lot of new tanks don't have small guns, machine Gun, cupola or very small. You keep removing/reworking on real weak spots instead making them or adjust them.

I think you are forgetting that the armour is only good more or less directly head on. As soon as you have any reasonable amount of side showing you'll go through this tank like nothing. Plus the turret is quite large with that big overhang at the back and as soon as they look at someone else and show the side of it you'll go through it. 

This is of course not mentioning that you could just fire HEAT and go straight through regardless as HEAT doesn't care about overmatch etc and this tank unlike the Strv 103b does not have the HEAT to protect it from this. 

eekeeboo #30 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:54 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 46125 battles

View PostGatix, on 20 March 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

Yep...

Armour isn't always a bad thing, it's how you use it that matters. 

DrStronklove #31 Posted Today, 06:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34867 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

I feel like a more reasonable gun-choice for the tier 10 is the short barrel from the 103-0 (pen 288/330 apcr) with retained or higher dpm and better accuracy.

Why not have both like the french heavy-line?

I also believe the top speed should match the UDES TD. 

Edited by DrStronklove, Today, 06:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users