Wheeled Vehicles WR too high

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Poll: Wheeled Balancing (138 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What would you remove or change?

1. Reduce Speed. (36 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. Remove Autoaim function. (49 votes [35.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.51%

3. Slow them down on grassy terrain. (7 votes [5.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.07%

4. Make them much more vulnerable to rolling over when turning at speed. (27 votes [19.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.57%

5. Reduce damage output of gun. (19 votes [13.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.77%

Vote Hide poll

AsheySlashy #1 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7637 battles
  • [-1] -1
For me  the wheeled cars have just brought frustration to the game.. So hard to hit.... even when I am stationary.. yet these things can jump over a ridge at 90km an hour and right click in your general area and snap shot you for X damage.. Its an overpowered mechanic. I don't own one yet but I am sure they are fun to play.. but with the WR of the wheels all being so high it's pretty obvious there is a big problem with them.. Maybe WG is just waiting to sell their premium car as much as possible before balancing them as to do it now might stop people spending real money to help with the grind. So What would you do to balance them? For me I can live with the speed and even the ridiculous turning angles while at speed and not tumbling over... I would like to see the auto aim removed so that they have to at least slow down sometimes to get an aim locked on.. I bet that would fix a lot of the issues. Junior rant over.. Oh and yes I'm not very skilled etc... no need to just say learn to play... Most people who play the game are a bit crap like me. ;-)

MeNoobTank #2 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15156 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC

The problem with wheeled vehicles is not that they are OP by any means, but they make the already bad regular Light tanks obsolete. There is no reason to active scout with a regular tier 8 - 10 light tank if in the enemy team are some EBR's.

The solution imo is to finally buff all the high tier light tanks (except LT-100).

Ringo_Star #3 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 57527 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Hi Steve!
First of all, your poll is bad because there is no "leave them as they are" option. Second, wheeled vehicles are not that hard to counter, just give proper lead when you are aiming. Also meta has shifted, like it shifted so many times before...so, use that big thing between your ears (hint: not the nose) to find new position on the map.
Hey playerbase, can we have one nice thing without you ruining it? I've been playing this game since 2010 and I came to conclusion that WoT has most untalented, gout infested playerbase.

Sfinski #4 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:46 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34696 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
None of the above.

BDSM_Roon #5 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15140 battles

@OP

:facepalm:

This subclass is worthless without a 3-4 perk crew (have fun spotting without cammo, BiA, vision perks and food, and when you run food have fun being set on fire all the time), is next to unplayable on some maps due to lack of space to use their main asset (speed), and honestly sucks at farming assist damage when compared to regular LTs and some meds like BatChat.

Not lying, I'm mediocre at best with these things (and LTs in general) and I have yet to see any armored car monstergame that is not a carefully picked replay.

Overall, imho all this whining is both strange and jarring and I'd rather armored car detractors try them first before claiming they're omg best thing ever.

AsheySlashy #6 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7637 battles
  • [-1] -1

View Postpihip, on 09 March 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

@OP

:facepalm:

This subclass is worthless without a 3-4 perk crew (have fun spotting without cammo, BiA, vision perks and food, and when you run food have fun being set on fire all the time), is next to unplayable on some maps due to lack of space to use their main asset (speed), and honestly sucks at farming assist damage when compared to regular LTs and some meds like BatChat.

Not lying, I'm mediocre at best with these things (and LTs in general) and I have yet to see any armored car monstergame that is not a carefully picked replay.

Overall, imho all this whining is both strange and jarring and I'd rather armored car detractors try them first before claiming they're omg best thing ever.

I'm not against new options like the wheeled vehicles exactly.. but the win rates don't lie.. They are over performing.  That's why I didn't put a they are awesome leave them alone option.. I don't want them to be nerfed to oblivion.. just balanced. Maybe as one of the other posters said the answer is to buff the other light tanks to make them relevant again and give all lights the auto aim feature as standard. I wonder if all that was changed was to apply the same physics rules to them as to all the other tanks if that would be enough or would it make them unplayable...

Mav75 #7 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33250 battles
Have you consideted that the better players are raising the WR now, but once Steve and his buddies get their mits on them the WR will come crashing down. 

Gremlin182 #8 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:45 AM

General

• Player
  • 54148 battles

View PostAsheySlashy, on 09 March 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

I'm not against new options like the wheeled vehicles exactly.. but the win rates don't lie.. They are over performing.  That's why I didn't put a they are awesome leave them alone option.. I don't want them to be nerfed to oblivion.. just balanced. Maybe as one of the other posters said the answer is to buff the other light tanks to make them relevant again and give all lights the auto aim feature as standard. I wonder if all that was changed was to apply the same physics rules to them as to all the other tanks if that would be enough or would it make them unplayable...

Are they over-performing because a lot of players who love to play light tanks and are good in them naturally decided to try them out.

I have seen these things die in 2 minutes after trying a suicide rush assuming speed will dave them.

I have also seen a team taken apart by one that either by skill or luck got into a group of 5 tds and heavies and took them all out

Noo_Noo #9 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22545 battles

View PostMav75, on 09 March 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Have you consideted that the better players are raising the WR now, but once Steve and his buddies get their mits on them the WR will come crashing down. 

Yep. I looked at their WR yesterday and they are all between 50% - 55% WR according to WoTLife.com on the EU server. I suspect that will come back a bit as the general population gets into them more. 

They need a little longer yet, but fear not knowing WG they will gather data for at least 6 months (OBJ268 v4 says hi)

cmgamesro #10 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14469 battles
  • [RO-SR] RO-SR

I had 54% WR on Panhard and now 50% on stock Hotchkiss.

But I prepared for this line long before the update, try learning how to not die in the first minute as I have just seen the last match when a Panhard rushed city alone.

I expect the WR to drop hard, maybe even the lowest in the game.

Elefantas #11 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51861 battles
poll is one sided and directional no need to vote

WindSplitter1 #12 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18728 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostAsheySlashy, on 09 March 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

This is a sub class that it takes very hard to do well in, unlike HTs or Assault Guns/Tank-Destroyers, which most of the time have the maps, developers, armour, HP and firepower in their favourand pressing "W" and "RMB" is often enough to win a battle.

The fact that a vehicle whose only upper point is the speed (while having no armour, no vision, no HP, potato launcher gun with good HE) is doing well means that these are players that actually bothered to learn the game to unlock the vehicle's strongest parts to negate its shortcomings.

Surely 279, 252U, 907, T95/Chieftain, etc have also a good win ratio as well, but they are far easier to do well in than WVs.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View PostAsheySlashy, on 09 March 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

I'm not against new options like the wheeled vehicles exactly.. but the win rates don't lie.. They are over performing.  

This is what WG do. Make new vehicles OP. Everyone wants and gets them then they get nerfed. WG not bothered because they've already made their quick cash grab. But WG are giving what the players want - OP tanks. 

CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38475 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBordhaw, on 09 March 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

This is what WG do. Make new vehicles OP.

I don't know that they're OP but they do change the game dynamic.  Maybe everyone will adjust to it but it's a bit yolo at the moment.

Element6 #15 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBordhaw, on 09 March 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

This is what WG do. Make new vehicles OP. Everyone wants and gets them then they get nerfed. WG not bothered because they've already made their quick cash grab. But WG are giving what the players want - OP tanks. 

It's not always this is the case, a lot of new tanks experience good WR curves in the beginning, and that is usually down to people not knowing where to shoot them. Compared to the entire playerbase there is probably only a tiny fraction that visit sites like tanks.gg etc. to learn where tanks are weak. In this regard it hardly matters what skill the player playing the tank has, if most players from tomato to light green take some time to figure out where they can harm the tank, then it will tend to boost the WR of the player playing it.

breeeze #16 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34743 battles
  • [S4] S4

This post makes it pretty clear that you've never actually played a wheeled light. Please start playing them and you'll notice very fast they aren't OP at all, in fact the tier 6-9 badly need buffs, they aren't that much faster than regular lights, have terrible guns and hitpoints and get outspotted by just about every tank they can meet.

McBawbagg #17 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15988 battles

the main problem with wheeled vehicles is nothing to do with how they are or aren't balanced. I am not commenting on their balance either way as I refuse to play this crap.

Currently wheeled vehicles have, for me completely destroyed what fun was left in the game, because NONE of the maps are balanced for vehicles of this speed, acceleration and maneuverability. There are far too many maps where these things can spot half your team before they even have a chance to get into some cover at the start of the game.

Secondly, WoT's physics engine is not built for and cannot handle these mariocart vehicles. High speed ultra tight turning circles with little loss of speed and then high acceleration ... in a swamp (like in the middle of Karelia) ... yeah right ...... Tanks have tracks because they need them on soft ground. The near perfect traction of this game's physics engine does not work at all with tanks like these.

Tanks would counter vehicles like these with their heavy machine guns. But in WoT these are not enabled and just cosmetic features. So the wheeled vehicles shouldn't be enabled either tbh (until...).

The play style is just not a tank game play style for me either. The previous troll lights like the even90 were bad enough already, but not completely game breaking. But these things make far too many tanks unplayable on far too many maps. I am gonna try the new season of frontline in a couple of days and if that too is getting ruined with loads of troll mariocarts then I will be out of WoT until WG remove these vehicles.

Nishi_Kinuyo #18 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8397 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Missing the option of nerfing their HE pen.

Also, those high speeds are unrealistic for cars driving on soft ground.

One of the entire reasons why tanks and other tracked vehicles became popular is due to their ability to cross such terrain without much effort.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 09 March 2019 - 02:45 PM.

Shacou #19 Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21516 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

julian509 #20 Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11772 battles
Well, if you consider their winrate to be too high, go play them, that should fix their winrate :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users