Enough of That Interference

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

ByST7 #1 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21469 battles
  • [TR-U] TR-U
When I play with light tanks I play quite aggressive most of the time. But I do not go to same places everytime. As you know each battle there are a lot of campers in your team. When I don't do the demands and orders of my campers they shot me on purpose. And eventually they kill me. So they mess up my game. They think like that: I'll camp and snipe while I'm doing this I'll sip my tea and shot on free targets. And they demand I'll go for spot no matter whatever happens and what situation could happen at the end. For instance, once I was playing in prokhorovka with light tank and I went to middle so I can spot most of the area and meanwhile I can make shots. But a camper who was sitting in forest expected me to go into the forest and spot their td and other campers so he would shot. I didn't do that and then he killed me. It happens quite frequently. I don't have to play for my campers. I decide to go to optimal position for myself and I don't play for damage. Today I was playing in live oaks map(full tier 10 match) and I didn't go to right side(railroad side) cause there were two arties and dangerous medium tanks which would eaisly outflank us. So I decided to go into the city spot their tanks inside of city and then turned back planning for next steps. I had started to check out map and make decision what shall I do because it was a tough match. In that moment our two td campers shot me and it was obvious intentional. they killed me. And we lost that battle. And in some cases there isn't a situation that could require spot(for example in himmelsdorf, ensk etc).

These words for players who are play as a camper and sniping from behind. Lights don't have to fullfil your orders and demands. You might demand anything from your teammate it's ok but you cannot punish them. I couldn't even count how many times I had been killed by teammates for this reason. I see many bots in game camp in base redline and nobody says anything and no one shots but when it's come to me and If I don't go to determined place they kill me on purpose. There isn't only one place that you could scout for your team. Finally, I'm really tired of this and everyone have right to play as they wish!

Edited by ByST7, 09 March 2019 - 01:07 PM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12162 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Funny

I play a lot of lights, but never get shot. Also players telling me were to go are not very common.

ByST7 #3 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21469 battles
  • [TR-U] TR-U

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 09 March 2019 - 12:30 PM, said:

Funny

I play a lot of lights, but never get shot. Also players telling me were to go are not very common.

why I don't come across with such players? They never help me. Instead they insult me and make intentional shots on me.

gunslingerXXX #4 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12162 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostByST7, on 09 March 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

why I don't come across with such players? They never help me. Instead they insult me and make intentional shots on me.

Is it really so often?

If not try to not let it bother you too much, just go back to the garage and press battle again.

If its very often maybe it would be good to watch some LT plays on youtube. I can recommend 4tankersanddog from NA server

ByST7 #5 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21469 battles
  • [TR-U] TR-U

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 09 March 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Is it really so often?

If not try to not let it bother you too much, just go back to the garage and press battle again.

If its very often maybe it would be good to watch some LT plays on youtube. I can recommend 4tankersanddog from NA server

I can roughly say it happens 1 ouf of 8 battles. Thanks for recommendation.

wsatnutter #6 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26044 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
OP can we see the replay? always two sides to a story not that I condone team damage/killing

CmdRatScabies #7 Posted 09 March 2019 - 12:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38474 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The only time I get shot by my own team is when I play lights.  Best advice is to look busy & if some muppet starts something, change flanks & leave 'em to die.

gunslingerXXX #8 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 12162 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostByST7, on 09 March 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

I can roughly say it happens 1 ouf of 8 battles. Thanks for recommendation.

Thats annoying then yes. 

You're welcome

ByST7 #9 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21469 battles
  • [TR-U] TR-U

View Postwsatnutter, on 09 March 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

OP can we see the replay? always two sides to a story not that I condone team damage/killing

OK here is the link of last example of this. You can see when I left from the city and just about to start my next movement they killed me. They assumed that I was camping and hiding but I was relocating and planning for what shall I do. It isn't the best example of this case but it's the only replay I have. Previous replays have been deleted.  http://wotreplays.eu/site/4806073#live_oaks-byst7-amx_13_105

wsatnutter #10 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:36 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26044 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostByST7, on 09 March 2019 - 12:05 PM, said:

OK here is the link of last example of this. You can see when I left from the city and just about to start my next movement they killed me. They assumed that I was camping and hiding but I was relocating and planning for what shall I do. It isn't the best example of this case but it's the only replay I have. Previous replays have been deleted.  http://wotreplays.eu/site/4806073#live_oaks-byst7-amx_13_105

thank you but for some reason it will not download

ByST7 #11 Posted 09 March 2019 - 01:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21469 battles
  • [TR-U] TR-U

View Postwsatnutter, on 09 March 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

thank you but for some reason it will not download

I reuploaded it but it doesn't work something is wrong with it I don't know why.

Obsessive_Compulsive #12 Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 28743 battles

I understand your frustration. It rarely happens to me but there are occasions when you know you will simply die with no effect if you go forward and you must relocate. Sometimes your HP is so low you are mosre use to your team going passive in a bush but imo the times when a scout is most useful behind its allies shooting is rare indeed. The main issue is players who are bad thinking they are good.. honourable gentlemen Dunning and Kruger...

someone above said leave the area go to another flank if they start something, thats the best advice.

7thSyndicate #13 Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45370 battles
Yeah time to time you find one monkey like that in your team. 2 days ago i was playing t50-2(training the crew for LTTB) on Studzianki, all my team went to the north flank except another light if im not wrong, so i did a spot run and got a couple shots before in a enemy before i realised that i was completely alone, so i went back and took a bush(the ones in front of the spawn to spot for my team... one KV2 from my team from that usual heavy buildings spot turned the turret at me, shot me leaving me with couple hit points "go spot, learn how to play scout" i didnt do anything or move and told him to not shot me again.. he did, killed me and turned blue. They got flanqued with no one to spot them coming and we lost the game. The monkey was happy.

Baldrickk #14 Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31970 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostByST7, on 09 March 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

I reuploaded it but it doesn't work something is wrong with it I don't know why.

Is it a hidden replay? You need to share the secret link (accessed through hitting the "replay link" button) and not the URL you access it from.

Unicorn_of_Steel #15 Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12014 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

The day before yesterday on another Light tread i said that i never encounter toxicity while playing Lights.

Yesterday on Fjords i was doing some spotting when one of our Italian meds drove up and deliberately shot me twice. No explanation, no order to 'go spot'. Minutes later the HP he took from me where just what i needed to survive a shoot out with a T34-85 that got me cornered. Got killed off course.

This morning on Himmelsdorf, driving my VK 16 Leopard. Deployment of both teams was clear, so i was just thinking about where to flank while keeping a red T-80 pinned. Did not move very much for a minute but was doing damage. Our Dicker Max player immediately started ranting about me and our Luchs. We didn't scout enough. So when the time was right Luchs and i took the railroad flank, entered the base and killed the arties. Dicker didn't move at all.

Apparently a lot of players only count 'suicide yolo' actions as scouting. So 'look busy' really is a good advice.

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 09 March 2019 - 04:08 PM.

LordMuffin #16 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50224 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostByST7, on 09 March 2019 - 12:38 PM, said:

My issue when playing light tank are often that I spot enemies, and then my team mates refuse to shoot them/move to a position from where they can shoot them.

When this happens I stop spotting and begins to shoot enemies instead of spotting them, since my team mates was incapable or shooting enemies I spotted.

SuNo_TeSLa #17 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42791 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

View PostLordMuffin, on 09 March 2019 - 04:01 PM, said:

My issue when playing light tank are often that I spot enemies, and then my team mates refuse to shoot them/move to a position from where they can shoot them.

When this happens I stop spotting and begins to shoot enemies instead of spotting them, since my team mates was incapable or shooting enemies I spotted.

QFT, that's pretty much standard when you commit hard to spotting :(

Unicorn_of_Steel #18 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12014 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

15:25 Added after 3 minutes
OP, you say you go for the optimal position for yourself. I am not judging you but there is a fine line between what is optimal for you and what is optimal for you AND the team. I personally find that hard to balance myself.

As a scout your primary job is to light up targets and keep them lit so the big guns can kill them. For that to happen you have to be ahead of your team, not to far but certainly not to close. An optimal position for you (maybe relatively safe?) might not be a position that helps your team.

Having said that, not being in the right position obviously is no excuse for TD or TK....

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 09 March 2019 - 04:27 PM.

8126Jakobsson #19 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74639 battles
Check out OP's average assistance numbers on his lights and the picture gets a bit clearer.  

ByST7 #20 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21469 battles
  • [TR-U] TR-U

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 09 March 2019 - 04:22 PM, said:

15:25 Added after 3 minutes
OP, you say you go for the optimal position for yourself. I am not judging you but there is a fine line between what is optimal for you and what is optimal for you AND the team. I personally find that hard to balance myself.

As a scout your primary job is to light up targets and keep them lit so the big guns can kill them. For that to happen you have to be ahead of your team, not to far but certainly not to close. An optimal position for you (maybe relatively safe?) might not be a position that helps your team.

Having said that, not being in the right position obviously is no excuse for TD or TK....

I meant to say I always try to find the possible optimal position. By saying that I wanted to emphasize on instant decision according to state of game. Sometimes you should play aggressive and sometimes passive. For instance, In the beginning of the battle I may be left as an one shot target and I can't continue to play aggressive so I fall back and play more passive. Also, I make my plans according to type of the enemy tanks. light tanks job is of course scout for the team. If I need to explain particularly last battle as I have described in this topic. I was playing with amx 13 105. Map is live oaks. In the beginning I go to city for spot. It wasn't side of map I'd want to start. I'd been spawned the other side. In other side I know a very good position for scouting and spoting enemy heavy tanks which are passing through the city. Anyways, I went to city and I had spotted a few tanks there and I saw type 5, maus and jg e100 and then I turned back to hills where td's camp. Then I went into the city once again and I had been looking for opportunity if I can do something there. I understand that moment I couldn't do anything there and I came back to base again. I had just decided to go around and flank the side of city(there were leopard and progetto). They had low hp and I would have eaisly kill both. In the base I stopped and started to checking map in that moment our td(t110e3) intentionally shot me. And they called me noob cause they assumed I was camping. And the other camper td(grille 15) turned and shot and killed me. They were saying like "noob amx 13 105, not going for spot". I can tell many battles I had struggled like that.
16:07 Added after 9 minutes

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 09 March 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

Check out OP's average assistance numbers on his lights and the picture gets a bit clearer.  

Sometimes I don't play for spot like when I play in himmelsdorf, ensk etc on top tier battles. I bet you wouldn't say this If you had lower avarage assistance damage. And likely, my efficiency with light tanks are better than most of the players.

Edited by ByST7, 09 March 2019 - 05:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users