Jump to content


Get Ready to Try Out the New Matchmaker


  • Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

TheArk_2014 #161 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:25 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64404 battles
  • 1,191
  • [AETOS] AETOS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

"Get Ready to Try Out the New Matchmaker"

 

Truth and Janey - I'm Ready:

 

"Drinking TNT and smoking dynamite"

Yes, after all ... we are ready.

 

:)



Zamieszki #162 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:07 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8497 battles
  • 502
  • Member since:
    12-17-2012

so I decided to test the new matchmaking today

took a tier 6 med

1st battle = bottom tier in 3-6-6 on prochorovka

after 15 minutes the game ended with a draw, I did more dmg/assist than any of tier 8s from my team

I terminated my testing right there

 


Edited by Zamieszki, 13 March 2019 - 12:09 AM.


iKnewIT #163 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:46 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 75515 battles
  • 851
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

It's a pitty I had no possibility to try it out Yesterday... :(

I hope it will be added more templates with more top tier tanks per battle.



Objec7 #164 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13863 battles
  • 360
  • [AVENG] AVENG
  • Member since:
    03-25-2017
Now instead of getting tier 6-10 mm in your tier 8 tanks, you get only tier 8-10 mm. Good job.

eekeeboo #165 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostZer0RNG, on 12 March 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

 

is anything done for platoons ? currently if you platoon with your friends u get "penalized"... if ur friends are not super unicums I would not advise anyone to play platoons because u get more often bottom tires... and the red team usually get a better skilled platoon... this is the most stupid thing that WG did to MM...

 

As far as I know, there was no plan for platoons, the main focus was on getting people into more battles at the intended categories (tier 8 vs tier 8 for instance) for a higher percentage of their battles. 

 

In terms of the rest of your statement, you're not penalised but you are "balanced" a little. Players working together in a coordinated group can have a huge impact on the outcome of the battle. 

 

View Postsultanson, on 12 March 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

 

The theory is that you would be 33% bottom tier, 33% mid tier and 33% top tier.

 

However it does'nt take into account that a lot more people play at the higher tiers than low or mid. So currently if using a 5-5-5 template you would still be bottom tier more often than not and obviously those games would be even worse. 

 

Basically its a terrible idea and probably only favoured by people who like playing at the top tiers. More seals to club etc.....

 

That's not the intention and that's why there's testing taking place to see how it works during moments like Frontlines being on the server. 

 

View Postfryster_12, on 12 March 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

So WG test the new MM templates this week, when frontline is on very well done, thats going to produce accurate results.

 

Please refer above, this isn't the first test of the MM across all of the regional servers, but this is a good way to test if the MM will work as intended while something like FL takes place. 

 

View PostZamieszki, on 12 March 2019 - 11:07 PM, said:

so I decided to test the new matchmaking today

took a tier 6 med

1st battle = bottom tier in 3-6-6 on prochorovka

after 15 minutes the game ended with a draw, I did more dmg/assist than any of tier 8s from my team

I terminated my testing right there

 

 

​Testing generally involves more than 1 battle, this is why it's done on the live server where we can collect data for as many players and as many match-ups as possible. 

 

 



Psticide #166 Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42779 battles
  • 218
  • [G-ON] G-ON
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

its very *edited* simple, i have one hour to play today and U think as a company its a good idea to make me have to choose between socializing and playing with my friends, or playing solo to do missions. Its stupid beyond bilief, not balancing, its penalizing and hurting social multiplayer aspect for players.

 

I think i might choose to play another game with my friends in stead then.  Platooning needs an overhaul badly  and missions should ALWAYS work in a platoon


Edited by Nebiros_1, 13 March 2019 - 06:59 PM.
Edited due to Inappropriate remarks


eekeeboo #167 Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:19 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View PostPsticide, on 13 March 2019 - 03:20 PM, said:

its very fracking simple, i have one hour to play today and U think as a company its a good idea to make me have to choose between socializing and playing with my friends, or playing solo to do missions. Its stupid beyond bilief, not balancing, its penalizing and hurting social multiplayer aspect for players.

 

I think i might choose to play another game with my friends in stead then.  Platooning needs an overhaul badly  and missions should ALWAYS work in a platoon

 

It's simple that playing as a platoon can give you an advantage, and not fair to solo players. As a platoon player you should be able to still complete missions, if not easier with people you can coordinate with easier and more effectively influence the battle. 

cseff23 #168 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Clan Commander
  • 27491 battles
  • 110
  • [R_R_R] R_R_R
  • Member since:
    03-10-2011

You will test this during the frontline week right? So you can say that there was no improvement in your stats right? Not telling the date of the test to not alter the behaviour of the players hahaha good one... not telling the date of the test so nobody could prove us wrong when we make up crap about MM like you did when you talked about pref MM tanks and how they are the main issue of the MM... but you got called out on that BS, because the playerbase isnt as dumb as you would hope to be and we can test it for ourselves...

 

It's just sad that the game we still(yea still) love is getting mismanaged this badly. It deserves better.



GuliwerReborn #169 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:55 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 32336 battles
  • 95
  • Member since:
    06-30-2015

Cannot believe you could make it even worse, but somehow you did.

2 days and big chunk of games are either we annihilate them or they us. It happen before but now its like every 3rd game

Also testing new MM that will work all the time during Frontline where lots of VIII are out of MM is not very smart.


Edited by GuliwerReborn, 13 March 2019 - 09:56 PM.


RedJester #170 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:24 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14967 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostGuliwerReborn, on 13 March 2019 - 08:55 PM, said:

Cannot believe you could make it even worse, but somehow you did.

2 days and big chunk of games are either we annihilate them or they us. It happen before but now its like every 3rd game

Also testing new MM that will work all the time during Frontline where lots of VIII are out of MM is not very smart.

 

Kind of why I much prefer Frontlines, just been on it now and it is so cool all being tier 8 with no constant tier 10, however, it is an absolute joke that literally everyone spamming me tonight with heat or APCR.  One of the great things about Frontlines is the ability to use just standard ammo and make millions of credits. But I am with you on the mm for the most part it's been frustrating as hell recently. 

Tonza11 #171 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:04 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 22040 battles
  • 59
  • [SKIL5] SKIL5
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012

View Posteekeeboo, on 13 March 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

That's not the intention and that's why there's testing taking place to see how it works during moments like Frontlines being on the server. 

 

 

Please refer above, this isn't the first test of the MM across all of the regional servers, but this is a good way to test if the MM will work as intended while something like FL takes place. 

 

lol what?!

You think testing now when FL is on is a good idea...?
Kinda funny but most tier 10 players must be grinding money in FL now :facepalm:

So yes, your tier 8 tank will be more top tier when there is less players playing tier 10 for crying out loud.

I might be wrong too, but it sounds weird to test it now when servers dont have "normal" population in randoms.

Greetings:Tonza11



eekeeboo #172 Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:32 PM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postcseff23, on 13 March 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

You will test this during the frontline week right? So you can say that there was no improvement in your stats right? Not telling the date of the test to not alter the behaviour of the players hahaha good one... not telling the date of the test so nobody could prove us wrong when we make up crap about MM like you did when you talked about pref MM tanks and how they are the main issue of the MM... but you got called out on that BS, because the playerbase isnt as dumb as you would hope to be and we can test it for ourselves...

 

It's just sad that the game we still(yea still) love is getting mismanaged this badly. It deserves better.

 

I have highlighted the reason above, thank-you for taking the time to read my phrases before making such statements. 

 

View PostSamaliot33, on 14 March 2019 - 06:26 AM, said:

Its not hard to believe, but yes they made it even worse. Im confused.... Company like this acting like market grandmas. They mockering at game comunity in the face. But otherwise there is nothing to expect from them. Somelike 9.18 was better than this. They just dont care... Imi

 

It would be beneficial if you could take the time to highligh "how" it got worse. 
15:33 Added after 1 minute

View PostTonza11, on 14 March 2019 - 07:04 AM, said:

lol what?!

You think testing now when FL is on is a good idea...?
Kinda funny but most tier 10 players must be grinding money in FL now :facepalm:

So yes, your tier 8 tank will be more top tier when there is less players playing tier 10 for crying out loud.

I might be wrong too, but it sounds weird to test it now when servers dont have "normal" population in randoms.

Greetings:Tonza11

 

The MM has been tested on RU and NA and Asia already. Now is a good time to test what happens to the the MM during moments like Frontlines to assess its effectiveness and perform a technical test. So yes, it's a good idea. 

eekeeboo #173 Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 46125 battles
  • 2,063
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010

View Postcseff23, on 14 March 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

 

 

The difference is the word I'm sharing is the one I've made sure and asked about. You can either take on board what I'm telling you or not, at one stage or another you should ask yourself why you come to the forums and ask questions if you do not want to believe things said to you from official sources. 

cseff23 #174 Posted 15 March 2019 - 01:46 PM

    Corporal

  • Clan Commander
  • 27491 battles
  • 110
  • [R_R_R] R_R_R
  • Member since:
    03-10-2011

View Posteekeeboo, on 15 March 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

 

The difference is the word I'm sharing is the one I've made sure and asked about. You can either take on board what I'm telling you or not, at one stage or another you should ask yourself why you come to the forums and ask questions if you do not want to believe things said to you from official sources. 

 

I guess we are not allowed to say anything that the forum staff might deem "offensive", or we get our posts deleted and accounts banned. This is a new low


Edited by cseff23, 15 March 2019 - 02:47 PM.


_Zerschmetterling__ #175 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:42 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7031 battles
  • 5
  • [GEIK] GEIK
  • Member since:
    06-18-2016

View PostTonza11, on 09 March 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

How about make that Matchmaker +1 / -1 WG. 
Balancing tanks would be easier for this mm.
+2 mm is like punish for most of the tanks, good reason why players enjoy playing tier 9.
And your player base have been asking this for last 5 years... :facepalm:

Greetings: Tonza11

 

 

imagine you play a tier 8 tank in a +-1 mm. The highest tier you see is tier 9. If you get a tier 9 tank now. You pla against complete new Tanks because you have never seen tier 10 so it may be, that you see in our Tier 9 over 10 new tier X tanks in one battle. The +-2mm gives you in a 3-5-7 for example 2x7 + 2x5 = 24 tanks you know already and only 6 new tanks,  so that you get slowly used to the +2 higher tier. The Problem is not the +-2mm, the problem is the frequency of this +2 Matches.

Edited by _Zerschmetterling__, 15 March 2019 - 03:43 PM.


HansiVonHinten #176 Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44357 battles
  • 512
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    08-07-2013
I don't know if new MM is currently running on EU1, but here are my statistics:
Low 56,00%
Mid 32,00%
High 12,00%
   
3-5-7 80,00%
5-10

20,00%

 

Not looking good if it is the new MM.



RedJester #177 Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14967 battles
  • 44
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostHerrWizo, on 10 March 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

Noone cares about annoucements anymore, WG. MM changes are WAY overdue, and you have not even announced a date for the fix, so this might just be another method of delaying things, again and again.

 

Also, +/-1 MM, 1 arty per team.

 

I've gotta say playing Fronlines where we are all the same tier is so much more fun to me than the constant tier ten games if I play in tier 8.  Also, if you try to play arty in Frontilnes the queue is endless.  I think if they made it one arty per game in random battle mode you're have to wait so long sometimes for a game you'd give up as arty. That is probably why they have 3 per game. Though I agree, one, two at most. Three is way too much. The one thing i dislike about Frontlines though, is arty. 3 even in that. 

WoT_RU_Doing #178 Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:13 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52361 battles
  • 2,465
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostRedJester, on 17 March 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

 

I've gotta say playing Fronlines where we are all the same tier is so much more fun to me than the constant tier ten games if I play in tier 8.  Also, if you try to play arty in Frontilnes the queue is endless.  I think if they made it one arty per game in random battle mode you're have to wait so long sometimes for a game you'd give up as arty. That is probably why they have 3 per game. Though I agree, one, two at most. Three is way too much. The one thing i dislike about Frontlines though, is arty. 3 even in that.

 

I don't mind the arty so much....it's the prolific wheeled vehicles that annoy me....every time one kills me I take it personally, spawn in a light tank and get my revenge.

Baleroon #179 Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 42470 battles
  • 464
  • Member since:
    03-20-2011

View PostHansiVonHinten, on 17 March 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

I don't know if new MM is currently running on EU1, but here are my statistics:
Low 56,00%
Mid 32,00%
High 12,00%
   
3-5-7 80,00%
5-10

20,00%

 

Not looking good if it is the new MM.

 

It is stardet in 12th of march ... 

Main question is when does test ends and we will feel pain again?! :angry:

P.s. May be then frontline event ends(this month)?  :sceptic:

 

eekeeboo

I hope it is not a 'trade secret'?



in340 #180 Posted 18 March 2019 - 10:55 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 6738 battles
  • 21
  • Member since:
    01-09-2011
I had a very pleasant experience regarding the new MM! Bring it back ASAP! Top-tier much more often or mid-tier and a lot more fun!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users