Colonel

• Player
  • 53375 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Front page news item.

https://worldoftanks...chmaker-update/

Has the same video from 07.02.2019.

Says that the new MM will be tried "for a few days on the EU servers"

Makes no mention of the trials on the RU server.

Makes no mention of the trial on the SEA server.

No apology for the failed template of 9.18.1 in spring 2017.

Mentions for tier VIII a 20% increase in same tier matches, says presently that tier VIII gets a match with a tier X at least 40% of it's matches presently and that should drop to 20% in future.

Seems to suggest that pref MM tier VIII tanks will get more games against tiers VI and VII but does not specify how, or define more in those circumstances.

Interesting news, but the devil is in the detail.

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 55022 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
did you notice the part on pmm tanks tho ? ... apparently these tanks are going to lose that perk now anyways. I hope some of those will get some love then if they actually are going to have to fight 2 tiers higher instead of 1

Kicky92 #3 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15547 battles
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS

They finally admitted the MM is unbalanced. Shocking. 

Hopefully though this should make tiers 6 & 8 great again. 

I wish the Dev's all the luck in the world with this one as its sorely needed. 

Dont worry if they mess it up again, we still have Frontlines to look forward to. :P

SuedKAT #4 Posted 09 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So I read the articles and watched the movie, the first thing that made me giggle was when they claimed that the template system greatly improved the battle experience, I'm not sure how they could say that with a straight face. However then I realized that might be the case on the RU server with it's huge player-base, but that have simply not been the case on EU at all. Also what worries me is that they seem to look at the MM as one isolated issue and not consider the broad perspective, today we have so many overbuffed or broken vehicles in the game and they are matched up vs tanks that was considered week even when I started playing back in 2014.

With the pre 9.18 MM I wasn't that annoyed with MM at all, sure once in a while I ended up as the single bottom tier in a match I didn't have much influence in, but I still enjoyed it since if I played somewhat safe I could still do enough to not feel useless and back then I was fine with the +-2 tier system, but now, no. Now with maps designed with "go here" spots and mostly frontal engagements in mind as well as the huge imbalance among vehicles the only fix I can see to MM is to restrict the game to +-1 tier MM and grant the preferential MM vehicles a higher chance to be top tier and/or same tier. As an example, had a top tier game in my VK 100.01 P yesterday, did I get an amazing score, yes of course, did I enjoy pressing W and roflstomping everything including the tier 8's in-front of me, no.

As someone that have an experience in the game dev industry and development in general I get the feeling that the main issue is not one specific thing, but rather that the top down perspective isn't there, WG have evolved from a "small" company into a massive one with departments and clear areas they manage and "rule" over so to speak. Marketing, Balance, Map design, MM, Special Events and Modes, and so on seem to work as separate entities to a large extent and the only thing that can step in and rule over them are the money making aspect, game-play ain't considered at all. This is not uncommon in any business area, especially since when companies grow the top management always tend to be less and less related to the end product and that in the end results in the ones having a passion for what they produce getting pushed back in favor for the "i know how to run a company" types and then they end up as EA or Activision.

Homer_J #5 Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31407 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDuncaN_101, on 09 March 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

did you notice the part on pmm tanks tho ? ... apparently these tanks are going to lose that perk now anyways. I hope some of those will get some love then if they actually are going to have to fight 2 tiers higher instead of 1

Where did you get that from?  I don't see it.

The only bit about pref mm tanks is that they currently see mostly battles where they are not top tier and they want to fix that so you don't always fight tier IX in your tier VIII premium with SMM.

Edited by Homer_J, 09 March 2019 - 05:23 PM.

CmdRatScabies #6 Posted 09 March 2019 - 05:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38475 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 09 March 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

Where did you get that from?  I don't see it.

Nor do I.  PMM changes are an abandoned plan as far as I know.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:01 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53375 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostDuncaN_101, on 09 March 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

Yes I noticed the part on Preferential MM tanks. No it did not say that they would lose their preferential status. WG accepted that they could not remove it from the pixels purchased. What it said is that they should more often see tiers VI and VII in their matches but whether that is 1% more or 2% more or something meaningful such as 40% more is not stated.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 09 March 2019 - 06:02 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #8 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23240 battles

So, it's either single tier or bottom tier for tier 8?

Pretty much the same with what we got now.

evilchaosmonkey #9 Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17684 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

"we will test the new Matchmaker on the European servers for a few days in near future. To avoid different playing behaviour during this test, we will not share the exact date or timeframe. This allows us to get the best and most accurate results."

My bet is they don't think and run this exactly the same time as front line week.... and declare it a success.

Face palm in advance.

vasilinhorulezz #10 Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23240 battles

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 09 March 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

My bet is they don't think and run this exactly the same time as front line week.... and declare it a success.

Face palm in advance.

Or they don't run it at all.

Homer_J #11 Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31407 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 09 March 2019 - 05:29 PM, said:

So, it's either single tier or bottom tier for tier 8?

If you see it like that then you are reading it differently to me.

RockyRoller #12 Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36303 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

they need to add no more that 2 wheeled ACs per team.

When you are a slow traverse tank there is just no way to hit 1 unless it is running away in case someone else tries to shoot it.

If you do hit it on the side, and it is pure luck with slow shells, you can do zero damage.

Even SPGs can't be bothered to waste a slow moving shell on them.

Be the only one about vs 2 or more you might as well leave the room and brew a tea. You are Elvis.

What I'm trying to say it is like when Auto Aim was legal just before the ban, and you played a skirmish and saw the other side were all Cromwell B's you knew damn well they were going to zerg you 1 by 1 and have a really high win chance against a mixed tank team.

Edited by RockyRoller, 09 March 2019 - 08:56 PM.

FryTheFly #13 Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:39 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26803 battles
Well mm truly needs something, now about 80 battles in couple days from those 5 battles uptier about 10 even tier and rest bottom, getting to be bored to be almost always bottom. 

xasan21 #14 Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9405 battles

MM needs nothing... Over 4-5 years MM had problems with unbalanced teams... I quit for 3 years and come back last 2-3 months... The game seems the same with same problems...  Im playing only 4-5 maps and many of them are unbalanced... Developers cant offer a lot to their community! A lot of players are BOTS but WG cant do something for this a long long long time.. last game i played IS-3 player was at the hill and snipping over 300-350m and i was curius to check him. the result was 21k battles and 3k rating... Maybe is a sold account by reddit or something like this but WG cant give a solution too... 

My advice?? When you see a lot of offers for premium account/vehicles that's not good for a game... So if you like MM and the game overall, play this and don't complain for this... If you complain the best you have to do is take rest for this and try it some weeks/months/years later. Personaly i avoid to playing when kids join in game and specialy Saturday and Sundays.

This game is just for some fun hours, nothing else. See you in battles!!

Edited by xasan21, 09 March 2019 - 10:30 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #15 Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32880 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 09 March 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

"we will test the new Matchmaker on the European servers for a few days in near future. To avoid different playing behaviour during this test, we will not share the exact date or timeframe. This allows us to get the best and most accurate results."

Face palm in advance.

Oh boy, you know what, you might be right.

I suddenly see a lot of ways this could go wrong, and only delay the changes even further. :sceptic: *clap*

Zoggo_ #16 Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30386 battles
  • [ZOGGO] ZOGGO

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 March 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

No apology for the failed template of 9.18.1 in spring 2017.

3/5/7 should have been abandoned within months of 9.18, even reverted back to previous MM template. How many of us players knew it was broken in days? I remember writing lists of how many times I was bottom tier because I knew the MM wasn't working.

What did WG do? Nothing. I can only presume developer pride or fear for their jobs meant they pretended it was a success. They even tried to blame preferiential tanks and get them to fit into the broken MM template rather than admit they were wrong.

So 2 years of making the game a miserable experience and not even a hint of an apology. In fact their PR bs spins it like 3/5/7 is fine. They even refer to it as "classic 3/5/7".

If I wasn't so invested in time and money with this game I would have walked away ages ago. I wonder how many casual players have done just that?

Edited by Zoggo_, 10 March 2019 - 11:25 AM.

Asklepi0s #17 Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:26 AM

• 10081 battles
Due to the high number of Match Making, we want discussions to take place in the main pinned thread here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users