agressive scouting, is this the way to do it?

teach me your ways

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 11 March 2019 - 08:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5792 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Hello :)

After the i read the topic about buffing the Type 62 i thought i could give it a spin as i had not played it on my new laptop yet.

so this was the result:

http://wotreplays.eu...the_naa-type_62

i do like taking risks in the start of the game as they sometimes grant good results. my so called ''high risk, high reward gameplay'' or is it just yoloing/aggressive scouting since im a light tank?

And speaking of scouting i could use some tips as i tend to go very close to the enemy.

if you want a game with one less yolo scout now is your chance.

im open to constructive lessons :) 

Obsessive_Compulsive #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:36 AM

General

• Player
  • 28743 battles
http://forum.worldof...ssion-analysis/

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:56 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
  • El Halluf allows very little real scouting so what you did there was countering enemy lights and ensure map control.
  • Doing damage and taking out weak targets in a light are always appreciated by the team since some lights think it's forbidden to fire their guns!
  • Only the Type 64 went down from the enemy team. What would you do if they sent a medium or two with that light? Where would you go?
  • Arty will be forward along the 1 line, they won't extend with their team sitting on the ridge. No need to waste time to check behind the ridge or down the slope.
  • Sitting on the cap was not a good idea since arty will shoot there and it'll encourage people to come back to base and you didn't intend to cap anyway.
  • Always count the tanks spotted on the mini map. This way you'll have an idea of which tanks to expect in your scouting run, what kind of damage you can receive and if you will be able to take the enemy down.

Mannanan #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 05:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27609 battles
It has mediocre mobility, agressive gameplay is hardly effective in a long run imo.

The_Naa #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5792 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 March 2019 - 01:56 AM, said:

• 1 El Halluf allows very little real scouting so what you did there was countering enemy lights and ensure map control.
  • 2 Doing damage and taking out weak targets in a light are always appreciated by the team since some lights think it's forbidden to fire their guns!
  • 3 Only the Type 64 went down from the enemy team. What would you do if they sent a medium or two with that light? Where would you go?
  • 4 Arty will be forward along the 1 line, they won't extend with their team sitting on the ridge. No need to waste time to check behind the ridge or down the slope.
  • 5 Sitting on the cap was not a good idea since arty will shoot there and it'll encourage people to come back to base and you didn't intend to cap anyway.
  • 6 Always count the tanks spotted on the mini map. This way you'll have an idea of which tanks to expect in your scouting run, what kind of damage you can receive and if you will be able to take the enemy down.

1 yeah it is kinda cramped for scouting.

2 yes I think its better to try to shoot any target unless it gives away my position, but i did go up the hill to fight the AMX that has a good change to clip me, but to my luck he was not interested fighting me.

3 there is no safe way to get out of there is you counter resistanse, at least I dont know any ways. Id probably try to get them to over exposed them to let my ridge warriors shoot at them.

4 good to know, this might have costed me the game if they would have been waiting for me.

5 I did that to take the attention of the enemy team from rushing our base, it some what worked as they started shooting at me and the AMX got rekt one way or another without support of his team.

6 yes I do keep a eye out for tanks on my path but tanks usually have tracks and they take them places.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users