So much "Fun" playing FL

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

7thSyndicate #1 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45424 battles

Who else is having a blast playing FL against wheelchairs full speed hitting you? and whats the deal with Critical Hits with no damage because most of the times i hit them full speed and nothing happens, what a light!!!! I wish normal light tanks could do that 

Its not OP, its broken and not "realistic", I had fun in the last Frontline episode... but the fun is gone at least for me. :mellow:

Noo_Noo #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22545 battles

View Post7thSyndicate, on 12 March 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

Who else is having a blast playing FL against wheelchairs full speed hitting you? and whats the deal with Critical Hits with no damage because most of the times i hit them full speed and nothing happens, what a light!!!! I wish normal light tanks could do that 

Its not OP, its broken and not "realistic", I had fun in the last Frontline episode... but the fun is gone at least for me. :mellow:

Play randoms then I guess. 

Personally I'm enjoying the change. I don't mind the wheelies in the game mode either. Hit a good few of them. Missed a few shots but more my poor aiming skills than anything. A couple of odd bounces but I've had that happen off a Batchat (you know the really heavily armoured version) more than once so it is what it is. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Ok, wheeled vehicles are bad for business. I get it, there were about half a dozen topics saying the same thing even before the second episode of FL started.

I have a question though, why should you, me or anyone playing FL be concerned about getting hit by a tiny tank with crappy pen and alpha when you will be crapped on by a million arty and air strikes a second later as that "bug" passes by?

In other words, do you think that arty and air strike consumables are less of a problem than those vehicles???

Noo_Noo #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22545 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 March 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

Ok, wheeled vehicles are bad for business. I get it, there were about half a dozen topics saying the same thing even before the second episode of FL started.

I have a question though, why should you, me or anyone playing FL be concerned about getting hit by a tiny tank with crappy pen and alpha when you will be crapped on by a million arty and air strikes a second later as that "bug" passes by?

In other words, do you think that arty and air strike consumables are less of a problem than those vehicles???

This is true, I've been nailed far harder and for far more damage by arty in Frontlines than a Go Cart. 

That is true frustration. I lost a full tank to arty in less than a minute in my last game. 2 / 3 of them had a go and combined air strikes meant I was locked down and just had to watch and wait. 

Poor position? Probably but it wasn't that bad. Just focused, probably because I was pressuring the cap. It felt very fair being shot by something that was a long long away and I couldn't counter. 

7thSyndicate #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45424 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 March 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

Yes crappy pen and alpha, and perfect acc at full speed and turning with enhaced auto aim, good mobility and he shells to destroy your tank... now add 3 or 4 of them near you...
18:13 Added after 3 minutes

View PostNoo_Noo, on 12 March 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

This is true, I've been nailed far harder and for far more damage by arty in Frontlines than a Go Cart. 

That is true frustration. I lost a full tank to arty in less than a minute in my last game. 2 / 3 of them had a go and combined air strikes meant I was locked down and just had to watch and wait. 

Poor position? Probably but it wasn't that bad. Just focused, probably because I was pressuring the cap. It felt very fair being shot by something that was a long long away and I couldn't counter. 

I dont think the arty is the problem in FL, i see most of times 1 in my games.. the problem is they can use airstrikes also

Edited by 7thSyndicate, 12 March 2019 - 07:13 PM.

Tijsbeek993 #6 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10259 battles
  • [JOM] JOM

View Post7thSyndicate, on 12 March 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yes crappy pen and alpha, and perfect acc at full speed and turning with enhaced auto aim, good mobility and he shells to destroy your tank... now add 3 or 4 of them near you...
18:13 Added after 3 minutes

I dont think the arty is the problem in FL, i see most of times 1 in my games.. the problem is they can use airstrikes also

Allright.
TAISBEEK993 JOINED THE CONVERSATION.

You never played with them so you can't say much.

I have been rushed by a progetto a few times, they block my wheeles me.
Or like normal kill 2 crewmembers in 1 shot.

And then I am fucked up. 

They aren't OP . I think the best tanks in Frontline are the mediums that are fast, after that the OP arta, heavys, TD's and last lights.

Edited by Tijsbeek993, 12 March 2019 - 07:20 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostNoo_Noo, on 12 March 2019 - 08:05 PM, said:

The map is quite open and the density of arty and air strikes is capable of causing considerable damage to your tank even behind a partial cover so no, it wasn't your position.

In both the defending and attacking teams, pressuring the cap is really hard and FL is essentially degraded to farming XP and credits ==>> a boring alternative to TBs!

And then you read topics on the forums about how no one wants to win on FL. Why would you want that? you'll be obliterated in a couple of seconds without achieving anything of value!

Kalonianhydra #8 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28599 battles
I think the aiming system is broken, why should a fast small tank that can do 80km/h be able to hit another tank 200m away in full speed, when a stationary heavy tank misses another stationary tank 150m away?
The logic in that isn't even real.
I have played the wheeled tanks and yes, it's a great deal of fun to drive around and harass people and hitting them 75% of the time with autoaim doing full speed. But if you want any logic in that the heavy tanks should be laser accurate at 400m. And they are not.  
18:21 Added after 1 minute

View PostTijsbeek993, on 12 March 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

Alright stop this.

And then I am fucked up. 

They aren't OP or annoying. I think the best tanks in Frontline are the mediums that are fast, after that the OP arta, heavys, TD's and last lights.

Hmm, in the last game there where around 50% lights on one flank, don't think that will happen unless they are very good. And if you look at players in the top of every FL battle, they play lights, Progetto and arty. nothing else.

wsatnutter #9 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26053 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Post7thSyndicate, on 12 March 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

learn to lead your beta shots like we did all those years ago

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View Post7thSyndicate, on 12 March 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Let's analyze it in terms of armor then....

If you're driving a heavy and position yourself well, they can't scratch you. There are no flanks in this mode so you won't be isolated and circled like in randoms for example.

If you're driving a medium, you've enough firepower and mobility to destroy them and i guess none of them will really challenge a tier 8 medium no matter how crappy!

If you're driving a TD, you'll be sitting back and sniping like a boss nowhere near the mess at the front. If you hit them then bully for you and GJ and if you didn't you'll just choose another target.

If you're driving a light, you're the best counter to those things as you've more firepower and comparable mobility.

It's the crap that you can't see or shoot that will get you 9 out of 10 times!

Secret2ndAccount #11 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2020 battles

Is there some bug with these new wheeled vehicles or WTF is going on??? Hit 2 times in a row (with my SkorpionG) that tier 8 prem car when he was doing retard cruising in open field. Both hits 0 dmg critical hit. His tracks didn't even broke, he just continued driving. And best part is that ofc. he was hitting every shot while driving full speed. 

7thSyndicate #12 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45424 battles

Well i can, i have one thing called Test Server so i played all of them

View Postwsatnutter, on 12 March 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

learn to lead your beta shots like we did all those years ago

The problem is not hitting them, its hitting them with big guns and deal no damage :hiding:

View PostSecret2ndAccount, on 12 March 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Is there some bug with these new wheeled vehicles or WTF is going on??? Hit 2 times in a row (with my SkorpionG) that tier 8 prem car when he was doing retard cruising in open field. Both hits 0 dmg critical hit. His tracks didn't even broke, he just continued driving. And best part is that ofc. he was hitting every shot while driving full speed. 

I know right... 

SuedKAT #13 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I'm more concerned about the arty barrage in FL than anything else to be honest, it's so damn detrimental to gamplay that I can't even understand why WG put it into a mode which so many looked forward to playing for so long.

wEight_Tanker #14 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9817 battles
  • [VI90M] VI90M
I'd say the wheelies would mess up 20% of what I've played in Episode 1. 

Renesco #15 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24974 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View Post7thSyndicate, on 12 March 2019 - 06:41 PM, said:

whats the deal with Critical Hits with no damage because most of the times i hit them full speed and nothing happens

This keeps happening to me, Skorp G with 490 damage hits wheelie and it doesn't even slow down, just 1 crit hit on a wheel, Su101 with 440 damage, same thing, even T30 with 750 damage and I just get one crit and the thing just zooms on. It's shocking how badly WG have screwed up the game with the racecars

jeffrey_mk2 #16 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13829 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

Allright.
TAISBEEK993 JOINED THE CONVERSATION.

And then I am fucked up. 

They aren't OP . I think the best tanks in Frontline are the mediums that are fast, after that the OP arta, heavys, TD's and last lights.

Best tanks in frontline are I guess the auto loader type guns that have big clip burst dmg.

Ive had so many times that a spaghetto or whatever went 1vs1 on my normal one shot gun tanks and you always lose against them because you dont do as much dmg in such a short period.

The wheeled vehicles though are sometimes quite a pain in the a.. BUT they can get blown up so fast so only the really good players do good in them.

I dont have a lot of problems with the wheeled tanks at all.

Edited by jeffrey_mk2, 12 March 2019 - 08:02 PM.

xtrem3x #17 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34212 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Post7thSyndicate, on 12 March 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

There is a Front line section on the forums... why is this here?

24doom24 #18 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7748 battles
I don't mind the tanks. Its constantly having the game end when I'm literally half an HE shot away from the next rank. Nothing is more infuriating then missing out on general rank by one shot. Thanks WG, you like ruining good things.:rolleyes:  

Edited by 24doom24, 12 March 2019 - 08:22 PM.

7thSyndicate #19 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45424 battles

View PostRenesco, on 12 March 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

This keeps happening to me, Skorp G with 490 damage hits wheelie and it doesn't even slow down, just 1 crit hit on a wheel, Su101 with 440 damage, same thing, even T30 with 750 damage and I just get one crit and the thing just zooms on. It's shocking how badly WG have screwed up the game with the racecars

Wheels of steel you know they can just send way high caliber shells  :trollface: features

View Postxtrem3x, on 12 March 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

There is a Front line section on the forums... why is this here?

Thanks for sharing.

speedphlux #20 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46686 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
The credits income is certainly making me fight thru the boredom of World of Tanks in general. I still got Tier Xs to buy, that has been unlocked for over 4 years now and I'm kinda curious.
But overall - yeah, there is much to be desired. Feels like bigger randoms at times. Full of campers and lobotomy patients. It requires a little bit of thinking and coordinating, but sadly, we all know how pubbies fail at those in WoT. Hence the whole general idea of the mode simply becomes silly.
Had a game earlier, we clearly had the better players on our flank, managed to cap A and D within the first 4 minutes, and after that our lights just went behind and around and killed off Objectives 3, 4 and 5 and it was GG before anyone even hit the rank of Captain. Talk about "balance" !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users