Aiming and firing on the move

Fire aiming move drive shoot

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Kalonianhydra #1 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28599 battles
Why are lights so good to shoot on the move? They hit quiet reliably other moving targets at up to 200m and that can happen even if you are doing up 80km/h.

Mean while in the heavy tanks you have trouble hitting stationary targets at 200 meters fully aimed. And if you don't wait and aim you will for sure miss.

This I think is a balance problem.
I know that a heavy tank will hit hard when it hits but the logic isn't there.

Any comments on this, own experience?

Sfinski #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34696 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Lights have the worst guns compared to other classes.

What do those heavy guns have that light guns dont? Alpha, pen and dpm, right? So, why is it a problem that lights might have something positive on their guns?  

laulaur #3 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47485 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

Good question, even the modern tanks are not capable of going full speed and reliably hit something like these Mario Karts do.

I guess WG just decided making this game a arcade joke is the way to go. Probably they want the income from the 13 yo players that play crap like 'Fortnite' now

Regardless the lightness of a tank, the gun itself has over 1 ton weight, and there is no way to have a strong enough stabilization system that work when the vehicle is going 80km/h offroad. But who cares about realism, money is all that counts for WG...

Also i really like how they eat shots for 0 damage on the sides and continue to cruise like nothing happened. :sceptic:

Later edit: i am talking about the improved autoaim that is on the wheelies, regular lights are crap at shooting something.

Edited by laulaur, 12 March 2019 - 07:45 PM.

Sfinski #4 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34696 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postlaulaur, on 12 March 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Good question, even the modern tanks are not capable of going full speed and reliably hit something like these Mario Karts do.

I guess WG just decided making this game a arcade joke is the way to go. Probably they want the income from the 13 yo players that play crap like 'Fortnite' now

Regardless the lightness of a tank, the gun itself has over 1 ton weight, and there is no way to have a strong enough stabilization system that work when the vehicle is going 80km/h offroad. But who cares about realism, money is all that counts for WG...

Also i really like how they eat shots for 0 damage on the sides and continue to cruise like nothing happened. :sceptic:

Later edit: i am talking about the improved autoaim that is on the wheelies, regular lights are crap at shooting something.

There's no improved autoaim, only improved locking. 

SuedKAT #5 Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSfinski, on 12 March 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

There's no improved autoaim, only improved locking. 

That's like saying that you haven't improved your car, only the engine, locking onto a target is part of auto aim and thus they have improved auto aim.

bnmm113 #6 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7273 battles

View Postlaulaur, on 12 March 2019 - 07:44 PM, said:

But who cares about realism, .

Well you don't because you enjoy killing ww2 German tank with cold war Russian tank with unhistorical armour....

Go play arma

Sfinski #7 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34696 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 March 2019 - 08:58 PM, said:

That's like saying that you haven't improved your car, only the engine, locking onto a target is part of auto aim and thus they have improved auto aim.

It doesnt make them hit targets any better, just lock. Autoaim aims same way for every tank. Center of mass. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8364 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Because of hidding bloom values.

Just compare the LT-100 with the T57:

https://tanks.gg/com...-lt?t=t57-heavy

Slyspy #9 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 March 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

I believe that the distinction can be made, if only to prevent confusion about how the system is improved for wheelies. Personally I hope that this is something of a test bed and that the improved system is rolled out across the board. 

Jamadeus #10 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20263 battles
  • [LOC-A] LOC-A

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 12 March 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

Because of hidding bloom values.

Just compare the LT-100 with the T57:

https://tanks.gg/com...-lt?t=t57-heavy

Damn, I just trained snap shot on my Russian light crew.

SuedKAT #11 Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSfinski, on 12 March 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

It doesnt make them hit targets any better, just lock. Autoaim aims same way for every tank. Center of mass. 

Yes the RNG on the shoot is the same, but actually being able to take that shoot in the first place requires you to have auto aim enabled and having an easier time achieving that is an improvement.

View PostSlyspy, on 12 March 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

I believe that the distinction can be made, if only to prevent confusion about how the system is improved for wheelies. Personally I hope that this is something of a test bed and that the improved system is rolled out across the board. 

I don't, locking on the target is apart of the auto aim mechanic and one part of that mechanic have been improved thus the mechanic have been improved, the impact and/or effect that have due to the nature of the improvement is something different. However I do agree, I also hope that it's a test bed of sorts and that regular LT's will have the same abilities in the future, that would grant them something and most LT's badly need something due to the state they are in at the moment. 

tajj7 #12 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27246 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 March 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

No because improving your engine would make the car go faster, the auto-aim does not make you hit more shots.

It's the same auto-aim, it just locks on slightly easier, the fuss being made about it is entirely based on ignorance.

View PostKalonianhydra, on 12 March 2019 - 06:32 PM, said:

Why are lights so good to shoot on the move? They hit quiet reliably other moving targets at up to 200m and that can happen even if you are doing up 80km/h.

Mean while in the heavy tanks you have trouble hitting stationary targets at 200 meters fully aimed. And if you don't wait and aim you will for sure miss.

This I think is a balance problem.
I know that a heavy tank will hit hard when it hits but the logic isn't there.

Any comments on this, own experience?

Sounds like good balance to me, in fact this sort of balance should be emphasised IMO so that paper armoured tanks can have more of a role.

If you have armour, you can afford to stop and aim, if you have armour your tank is able to get close to enemies, thus it makes sense that tanks that can brawl, and can afford to take this, are not good at firing on the move or long range combat.

Lights can't afford to stop and aim, take hits, brawl etc. because they have no HP, no armour and their guns are not designed for trading/close combat, so it makes sense they have some advantages over armoured tanks in terms of their gun.

IMO paper tanks should be made better at firing on the move, faster aiming, more accurate and armoured tanks should be made worst, to redress the balance between armour and no armour. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32396 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
I think the fuss with the wheelies is largely down to people not knowing how to deal with a new thing. 

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 13 March 2019 - 12:13 PM.

Frostilicus #14 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22830 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

El Haluf in my KV-2 - my personal moment of glory. Light tank rolls down the slope, picking up speed as he goes, I lead him and throw him 152mm of love across the valley. He rolls to a stop in flames and I hear a voice behind me "Did you just shoot him dad"? So, not only do I pull off the one-in-a-million shot (oh okay, 1 in 100 shot for a stalin guided shell), but I also had a witness to it - most satisfying :)

I have only ever done this once, but to that poor light driver, the one time the stars aligned and took him out - do you think he'd want KV-2 accuracy nerfed on the strength of that one lucky shot?

My point being that the light driver could have been buzzing around, firing on the move all battle and connected the one shot that you are complaining about....

Edited by Frostilicus, 13 March 2019 - 12:17 PM.

SuedKAT #15 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttajj7, on 13 March 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

No because improving your engine would make the car go faster, the auto-aim does not make you hit more shots.

It's the same auto-aim, it just locks on slightly easier, the fuss being made about it is entirely based on ignorance.

Improving the engine makes the car go faster, making the aim lock faster makes the auto aim process go faster that's improvement regardless of how you put it.

Homer_J #16 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 March 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

It's more like saying you havn't improved your car, just removed the doors so you can get in quicker.

The_Wallet_Warrior #17 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10416 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postlaulaur, on 12 March 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Actually, this ^

Tijsbeek993 #18 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10192 battles
  • [JOM] JOM

View PostSuedKAT, on 13 March 2019 - 06:27 PM, said:

Improving the engine makes the car go faster, making the aim lock faster makes the auto aim process go faster that's improvement regardless of how you put it.

So if you upgrade your wheels you turn faster and you lock faster at enemys? 

That's the same as saying that airplanes are flying so they got hacks!

Balc0ra #19 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70155 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSuedKAT, on 12 March 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Yes the RNG on the shoot is the same, but actually being able to take that shoot in the first place requires you to have auto aim enabled and having an easier time achieving that is an improvement.

And the difference once locked between the Lynx and the 12t is what? Getting an easier lock is one thing, and yes that is an improvement regardless indeed. But the deal was how it affects the gun... once locked as per the point above. It makes zero difference past the point of improvement for any tank once both are locked and firing.

SuedKAT #20 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:35 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 March 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

And the difference once locked between the Lynx and the 12t is what? Getting an easier lock is one thing, and yes that is an improvement regardless indeed. But the deal was how it affects the gun... once locked as per the point above. It makes zero difference past the point of improvement for any tank once both are locked and firing.

There are plenty of LT's that get up to high speeds, not as high as the wheeled vehicles but still fairly high, for them to enable auto aim you need to highlight your target this is not the case with wheeled vehicles, this is an improvement to the auto aim feature. Getting auto aim lock in the first place is a huge deal, an average player rushing you in his 70km/h LT and circling you that don't manage to enable auto aim lock since he's to busy driving (which happens all the time) will not land his shoot(s) since he's not aiming at you properly in the first place, this is not the case with the improved auto aim lock on feature and that's nothing to marginalize it's a significant advantage over regular LT's in those and similar situations, regular LT's should have the same feature implemented.  

View PostHomer_J, on 13 March 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

It's more like saying you havn't improved your car, just removed the doors so you can get in quicker.

​And if you need to go someplace quicker you will get there faster, in WoT faster equals potential damage done or received. 

View PostTijsbeek993, on 13 March 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

So if you upgrade your wheels you turn faster and you lock faster at enemys? 

That's the same as saying that airplanes are flying so they got hacks!

​Not even sure what that's supposed to mean but ok...

Edited by SuedKAT, 13 March 2019 - 08:37 PM.

Also tagged with Fire, aiming, move, drive, shoot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users