Jump to content


Aiming and firing on the move

Fire aiming move drive shoot

  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Mikanoid #21 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:43 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3564 battles
  • 51
  • [_PLPL] _PLPL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2018

View PostKalonianhydra, on 12 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Why are lights so good to shoot on the move? They hit quiet reliably other moving targets at up to 200m and that can happen even if you are doing up 80km/h.

Mean while in the heavy tanks you have trouble hitting stationary targets at 200 meters fully aimed. And if you don't wait and aim you will for sure miss.

This I think is a balance problem.
I know that a heavy tank will hit hard when it hits but the logic isn't there.

Any comments on this, own experience?

 

I'm blond, so I have to stop breathing so I can take a step, so shooting and driving is far too complex for me

As for the balance of light tanks, the worst ones are the french ones, they fall over all the time 

Kalonianhydra #22 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28599 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
The main reason for this thread is the inconsistency with the aiming and RNG.
Why are small fast tanks so good at firing on the move, but big heavy tanks can't even hit a barn from the inside standing still.

I think there are things that needs to change. 

tajj7 #23 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:11 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27246 battles
  • 14,838
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostKalonianhydra, on 14 March 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Why are small fast tanks so good at firing on the move, but big heavy tanks can't even hit a barn from the inside standing still.

 

That has already been explained to you, bigger guns and more armour = less accuracy and less good gun handling, for balance.

 

Smaller guns, less alpha, less pen and paper armour, these tanks need to have good gun handling otherwise they would be even harder to play.

 

Why would like a Type 5 that is able to one shot light tanks be accurate? It makes no sense. 

 

Same for like a JpE100, it does 1k alpha with 300 pen, it would be stupid if it could fire on the move. 



Captain_Kremen0 #24 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 38418 battles
  • 2,047
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    06-04-2011

View PostKalonianhydra, on 14 March 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

The main reason for this thread is the inconsistency with the aiming and RNG.
Why are small fast tanks so good at firing on the move, but big heavy tanks can't even hit a barn from the inside standing still.

I think there are things that needs to change. 

 

Hi there Steve - not seen you in awhile!

Tijsbeek993 #25 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10259 battles
  • 357
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017

View Posttajj7, on 14 March 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

 

That has already been explained to you, bigger guns and more armour = less accuracy and less good gun handling, for balance.

 

Smaller guns, less alpha, less pen and paper armour, these tanks need to have good gun handling otherwise they would be even harder to play.

 

Why would like a Type 5 that is able to one shot light tanks be accurate? It makes no sense. 

 

Same for like a JpE100, it does 1k alpha with 300 pen, it would be stupid if it could fire on the move. 

 

Finally people with brains. xD

Kalonianhydra #26 Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28599 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View Posttajj7, on 14 March 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

That has already been explained to you, bigger guns and more armour = less accuracy and less good gun handling, for balance.

 

Smaller guns, less alpha, less pen and paper armour, these tanks need to have good gun handling otherwise they would be even harder to play.

 

Why would like a Type 5 that is able to one shot light tanks be accurate? It makes no sense. 

 

Same for like a JpE100, it does 1k alpha with 300 pen, it would be stupid if it could fire on the move. 

 

But armor doesn't count for anything today as all the small tanks do is fire gold. And big tanks are also very slow.

Sfinski #27 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 34696 battles
  • 3,233
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostKalonianhydra, on 14 March 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

 

But armor doesn't count for anything today as all the small tanks do is fire gold. And big tanks are also very slow.

 

The game is dominated by armour.

 

Nearly every underpowered tank we have is paper. There's only a few UP armoured tanks.



Gkirmathal #28 Posted 14 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 8237 battles
  • 1,614
  • [2VTD] 2VTD
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013

View Posttajj7, on 14 March 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

 

That has already been explained to you, bigger guns and more armour = less accuracy and less good gun handling, for balance.

 

...snip...

 

That explains why the IS-3 has the best turret bloom values of any/most t8 light or medium tank...kappa xD


Edited by Gkirmathal, 14 March 2019 - 05:55 PM.


BlackBloodBandit #29 Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4527 battles
  • 409
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View PostKalonianhydra, on 12 March 2019 - 07:32 PM, said:

Why are lights so good to shoot on the move? They hit quiet reliably other moving targets at up to 200m and that can happen even if you are doing up 80km/h.

Mean while in the heavy tanks you have trouble hitting stationary targets at 200 meters fully aimed. And if you don't wait and aim you will for sure miss.

This I think is a balance problem.
I know that a heavy tank will hit hard when it hits but the logic isn't there.

Any comments on this, own experience?

I rather confirm the opposite. My EBR 75 (FL 10) misses a LOT of shots on the move, mostly driving on quite even terrain and in a straight line. The auto-aim doesn't even lead, but mostly shoot behind me target. Not even speaking about my tech tree light tanks..



tajj7 #30 Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27246 battles
  • 14,838
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostKalonianhydra, on 14 March 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

 

But armor doesn't count for anything today as all the small tanks do is fire gold. And big tanks are also very slow.

 

As said above armour dominates the game, the strongest tanks right now are like Defender, VK 1001 P, Jap Heavies, most Russian heavies, Super Conq, Maus, Bobject, T95 etc.

 

Most tier 8 lights for example even with premium will struggle to pen a lot of tier 8 heavies even in weakspots let alone through their better armour.

 

It's nonsense to claim armour doesn't counter nothing. 

 

View PostGkirmathal, on 14 March 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

 

That explains why the IS-3 has the best turret bloom values of any/most t8 light or medium tank...kappa xD

 

Well yeh that is the problem and why a lot of paper tanks are too weak IMO, particularly an issue with Russian heavies that are just all round too good and should IMO be nerfed in speed and their long range combat ability.

 

Like IS7 should have a top speed of like 45kph and the turret dispersion should be like 0.15, accuracy nerfed to like 0.42 or even higher. 



BlackBloodBandit #31 Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4527 battles
  • 409
  • Member since:
    12-23-2018

View Posttajj7, on 15 March 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

Like IS7 should have a top speed of like 45kph and the turret dispersion should be like 0.15, accuracy nerfed to like 0.42 or even higher. 

RIP IS-7 in that case. No one will play it anymore, as it sometimes even misses an oil tanker at mid range.







Also tagged with Fire, aiming, move, drive, shoot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users