Feedback from a returning player, stopped playing in 2015 (I think)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

_not_so_nice_ #1 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8873 battles

I used to play a lot of world of tanks, recently I started playing world of warships casually but every now and again I come back and try it and just frustrates me after one or two matches...

A few fixes and the game would be great but it's never addressed in a suitable way, wows doesn't have the issue of gold ammo spam. You angle the tank, you know your armor and they just pen you anyway, so much for skill. Returning firing with standard ammo at what was a weak spot and it just bounces off the up armored tanks. It seems that unless you are willing to play dirty you are at a disadvantage.

No attention is paid to the low tiers, I follow the updates from time to time and I can't remember the last time a low tier tank had its stats adjusted, I'm talking years. I'm not going to mention arty and the matchmaker, I haven't played to know what the current situation is really like but from what I have heard it's bad. But what is the worst thing? People keep telling Wargaming all of these problems and nothing is done or if it is it takes them years, and as EU players we have to admit that we have next to no control over the future of this game.

FYI The hammer in the nail for me was the cancellation of the Chieftain in 2015 after the "confirmation" in 2014. That's right, they have been holding out on us for 5 years, do I need to say more than that?

UserZer00 #2 Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12053 battles

View Post_not_so_nice_, on 12 March 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

I used to play a lot of world of tanks, recently I started playing world of warships casually but every now and again I come back and try it and just frustrates me after one or two matches...

A few fixes and the game would be great but it's never addressed in a suitable way, wows doesn't have the issue of gold ammo spam. You angle the tank, you know your armor and they just pen you anyway, so much for skill. Returning firing with standard ammo at what was a weak spot and it just bounces off the up armored tanks. It seems that unless you are willing to play dirty you are at a disadvantage.

No attention is paid to the low tiers, I follow the updates from time to time and I can't remember the last time a low tier tank had its stats adjusted, I'm talking years. I'm not going to mention arty and the matchmaker, I haven't played to know what the current situation is really like but from what I have heard it's bad. But what is the worst thing? People keep telling Wargaming all of these problems and nothing is done or if it is it takes them years, and as EU players we have to admit that we have next to no control over the future of this game.

FYI The hammer in the nail for me was the cancellation of the Chieftain in 2015 after the "confirmation" in 2014. That's right, they have been holding out on us for 5 years, do I need to say more than that?

They made the Duck really pretty last year!  (or was it 2017?)

ricoBenitez1 #3 Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 511 battles

View Post_not_so_nice_, on 12 March 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

gold ammo spam.

What Gold ammospam that is gone now it is allso silver ammo

All i read from op is another whine topic.

ohh and sorry to the op if that was not a answar he liked,

Noo_Noo #4 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22545 battles

View Post_not_so_nice_, on 12 March 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

In game tank balance is certainly an issue, probably the biggest issue in my book but its pretty clear that WG want it this way. 

The game is balanced around premium ammo. 
Allowing standard tech tree tanks to basically struggle against their +2 tier enemies is how they want it. It means more premium ammo spam which keeps the player base poor (credit wise) and ups the need for premium accounts and premium vehicles. Then of course having premium vehicles that are flat out better than tech tree counterparts also becomes attractive. 

Then by creating power creep people are encouraged to push for the next OP vehicle be that by paying for it or converting free XP. 

My view is they've pushed it too far and when combined with a punishing MM system players have been getting fed up. In my opinion having some degree of imbalance is fine, but there's currently too much. It's too wide and as a result too many tanks are basically left in the dust and have become useless. If they want power creep it should be controlled carefully so that the step up to the next "strong" doesn't leave other tanks that it meets irrelevant. That is sadly where we are at now. 

For example WG released the Defender which in one foul swoop made a whole host of tier 6 tanks an utter waste of space. Throw in a MM system that puts your tier 6 tank against Tier 8's then its a recipe for trouble. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users