57 replies to this topic

The_Naa #1 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5792 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

Hello :)

I wanted to ask: why all the venting?

First we had the OBJ.252U, then the bobject, IS-3A and now the wheelies.

WG did nothing to nerf them but still players stopped whining about them, is it just the lack of patience?

Just look at them, play with & against them for 2 months. Then we should start ranting about them.

It looks like to me that first time they play against one of these New tanks/wheeled tanks and they got rekt because they did not know what it could do and how to deal with it, so they come here to just vent because: "it sucks when I loose and i cant adapt to the New Meta"

I dont see any threads about IS-3A coming up every day...

What happened? Did the players realise that you have to shoot at it for it to die?

And when WG introduces a New premium heavy tank we dont hear about wheeled tanks anymore as the New premium tank has all the attention.

And when that happens I give you a advise:

Improvise, 

Adapt, 

Overcome. 

wsatnutter #2 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:59 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26053 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
ok will do

UserZer00 #3 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12053 battles
Not everyone has the right stuff.

Often it's easier to:
- let others do your thinking
- maintain the status quo
- over whine

Besides, the forum would wither and die without it's constant diet of whine.  You wouldn't want to be responsible for the death of the forums, would you?

8126Jakobsson #4 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74772 battles
I AM CALM 

The_Naa #5 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5792 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostUserZer00, on 13 March 2019 - 08:05 AM, said:

Besides, the forum would wither and die without it's constant diet of whine. You wouldn't want to be responsible for the death of the forums, would you?

God no, its fun around here. 

But the sudden lack of tears from players whining about OBJ.252U & IS-3A has left me... Empty.

Was all that talk about them being OP just lies?

I do belive it is so, as nothing improves the sales better than YT's and Forumnites calling it OP. 

Element6 #6 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Here's what I think happens;

Good player sees release of a good tank, knows that he will perform well in it and then wrongly assume that most players he will encounter in this tank will also perform well in it, and thus be hard to kill. He then proceeds to whine about it, but ends up killing it often in battle because it is actually mostly played by 48% players who drive out sideways.

When the next good tank is released, this player has once again forgotten that it will mostly be played by a 48% player and again thinks it will be very hard to kill.

Rinse and repeat.

Tijsbeek993 #7 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10259 battles
  • [JOM] JOM

I am calmed down.
I hate the 252U anad IS-3A but I never play against them.

Wheeled tenkies are FAR from OP. It are for me the most fun tanks.

The only thing I hate.

damn arta..
I have had already more then 15 800+ damage shots that arta did on me.

I hate those s *edited* that keep clicking on you so you die just before the cap and lose 2 ranks. I was full HP. He clicked once on me. RIP 800hp. second just 50 splash. thnx rng. and then a heavy killed me.

AAAAAAAAh, I wil never get pease with arta.

Edited by Jahpero, 14 March 2019 - 12:14 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to an inappropriate term.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #8 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:35 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

When the stakes are so small, like in a video game, everything is a big deal!

Obsessive_Compulsive #9 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:41 AM

General

• Player
  • 28743 battles

View PostThe_Naa, on 13 March 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

WG did nothing to nerf them but still players stopped whining about them, is it just the lack of patience?

Just look at them, play with & against them for 2 months. Then we should start ranting about them.

It looks like to me that first time they play against one of these New tanks/wheeled tanks and they got rekt because they did not know what it could do and how to deal with it, so they come here to just vent because: "it sucks when I loose and i cant adapt to the New Meta"

What happened? Did the players realise that you have to shoot at it for it to die?

And when WG introduces a New premium heavy tank we dont hear about wheeled tanks anymore as the New premium tank has all the attention.

Improvise, 

Adapt, 

Overcome. 

The reason humanity is prolific as a species across this globe is due to our many strengths, one of those strengths is fast and ready adaptation to any environment and a tenacity to forge onwards no matter what! remove the sharp edge of the need to survive and we become docile: it is also why we are so easy to rule.

so to answer your question: We have become placid and easily manipulated in the west and we adapt fast... grumble grumble grumble grumble grumble oh well carry on...

LordMuffin #10 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50371 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostThe_Naa, on 13 March 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

Improvise, 

Adapt, 

Overcome. 

Defender is OP, IS-3A is OP.

The next premium tank WG release will be OP, the one after that will be OP, the one after that will be OP, eventually they will release T9 and T10 premium tanks that will be better then tech tree T9 and T10 tanks.

So it doesn't matter how much is whined about these things,  nothing will change anyway. And some of the players whining about this happily buy the same tanks and is thus supporting this same ideas the whine about on the forums.

PowJay #11 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38156 battles

At the moment, for me, the state of things with LTs is nothing short of a joke. Between the wheelies, the new Premium LT and whatever the hell else is going on, it is ridiculous how many there are in some games- 7 a side on Malinovka last night.

Most of the time they are the first to die (wheelies) because they just YOLO or drive straight into something or off something- this despite the fact that you can't hit them and if you do hit them with a 105mm anti-tank shell, IT BOUNCES! Add to this the complete morons who are still driving round in free T-50-2s who seem to think that they are either HTs or TDs and refuse to scout effectively (two of them just now) and, tbh, I am sick of having LTs on my team at all.

kaneloon #12 Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:54 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30022 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB

Maybe because every player does one of the things that others cry about : spamming gold, having fun with arty, fun with wheels, with is3a, with ...

And hypocrisy has its limits.

250swb #13 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTijsbeek993, on 13 March 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yes, they are 'far from OP'. But what they have done is ruin the game. WoT is no longer a game of skill and tactics, it is a game dominated by people driving around having 'fun' in WV. And that domination isn't because every game is infested with the damn things, it actually only takes a couple zipping from one side of the map to the other to negate any of the tactical play that the majority of tank players enjoy. So you have 'fun', make everybody else's life a misery, and realise you are contributing to the death of WoT.

Noo_Noo #14 Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22545 battles

View Post250swb, on 13 March 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Yes, they are 'far from OP'. But what they have done is ruin the game. WoT is no longer a game of skill and tactics, it is a game dominated by people driving around having 'fun' in WV. And that domination isn't because every game is infested with the damn things, it actually only takes a couple zipping from one side of the map to the other to negate any of the tactical play that the majority of tank players enjoy. So you have 'fun', make everybody else's life a misery, and realise you are contributing to the death of WoT.

Hasn't arty been doing that for years? Letting one person having fun while spoiling the game for others I mean. 

Personally I think they're fine because you can see then, shoot them and kill them. While I despise something that sits at the back of the map in complete comfort and chewing away at your HP. 

eldrak #15 Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50303 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W
You can only complain about something to deaf ears for so long until you get tired of it.

vixu #16 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44182 battles

View PostTijsbeek993, on 13 March 2019 - 08:34 AM, said:

I am calmed down.
I hate the 252U anad IS-3A but I never play against them.

The only thing I hate.

damn arta..
I have had already more then 15 800+ damage shots that arta did on me.

I hate those *edited*   that keep clicking on you so you die just before the cap and lose 2 ranks. I was full HP. He clicked once on me. RIP 800hp. second just 50 splash. thnx rng. and then a heavy killed me.

AAAAAAAAh, I wil never get pease with arta.

OP or not op, they have changed the game balance very much towards arcade game play. Especially in FL mode, where dying is not a problem. 

In first episode driving a heavy or TD was ok. With WV those are simply too slow to do the job. WV have quite a number of advantages:

- they are fast and hence hard to hit

- they have tweaked physics so that they don't overturn on every bump - adding to the insane speed capabilities

- they have darn accurate auto-aim. While I was struggling to hit a WV from a distance, it was hitting my stationary tank 50% of time while driving full speed. 

As a result, if I don't take arta I struggle to get a captain. No wonder there is arta queue of 150 players in the FL.

TPpie #17 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16230 battles
But anger is the most sincere and honest form of human emotion. :(

tajj7 #18 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27246 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The massive over reaction and whine about the wheeled vehicles just shows how bad most players are adapting and how they settle into this comfy, predictable playstyle game after game to the point where something comes along and changes the meta a little bit, challenges them and instead of using their brain they just whine.

That is all it is, just whine, and its full of ignorance and anecdotal examples, the comments about the auto-aim highlight this. 

It's a bit like the whole 'heavies must go here' 'mediums must go here', 'lights must spot whatever', 'TDs must camp' mentality, people can't independently think and adapt.

I have literally seen above average light players complain that wheeled vehicles make playing lights impossible because they can't always rush to the same spot. I mean if your entire light tank play revolves around a rush to a particular bush then there is an issue with your approach to light tank play not wheeled vehicles.

Apparently it is hard to see a vehicle that is slightly faster than you, but has much worse view range than you, and work out that maybe rushing to that risky bush is not a good idea, but if I go to this slightly further back bush and use my advantages of view range I might end up having a better game and will nullify the wheeled vehicle.

Seems a simple idea to me, but apparently a hard concept for a lot of players. 

Also a hard concept is apparently not taking your turretless TD or slow heavy to a forward spot with no team support, instead you do this, get circled to death and then go complain on the forums about wheeled vehicles. 

vixu #19 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44182 battles

View Posttajj7, on 13 March 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

The massive over reaction and whine about the wheeled vehicles just shows how bad most players are adapting and how they settle into this comfy, predictable playstyle game after game to the point where something comes along and changes the meta a little bit, challenges them and instead of using their brain they just whine.

That is all it is, just whine, and its full of ignorance and anecdotal examples, the comments about the auto-aim highlight this. 

It's a bit like the whole 'heavies must go here' 'mediums must go here', 'lights must spot whatever', 'TDs must camp' mentality, people can't independently think and adapt.

I have literally seen above average light players complain that wheeled vehicles make playing lights impossible because they can't always rush to the same spot. I mean if your entire light tank play revolves around a rush to a particular bush then there is an issue with your approach to light tank play not wheeled vehicles.

Apparently it is hard to see a vehicle that is slightly faster than you, but has much worse view range than you, and work out that maybe rushing to that risky bush is not a good idea, but if I go to this slightly further back bush and use my advantages of view range I might end up having a better game and will nullify the wheeled vehicle.

Seems a simple idea to me, but apparently a hard concept for a lot of players. 

Also a hard concept is apparently not taking your turretless TD or slow heavy to a forward spot with no team support, instead you do this, get circled to death and then go complain on the forums about wheeled vehicles. 

They don't need view range when they can cover the gap easily. People can adapt from eating good food to eating from the dumpsters if situation calls for it. Doesn't mean that people have to like it. 

tajj7 #20 Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27246 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postvixu, on 13 March 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

They don't need view range when they can cover the gap easily. 

They get shot, this whole myth they can just dance through whole teams, is just that, a myth. In practice it just does not happen. 

Lights will keep them spotted the whole time, its a failure to adapt. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users