Massive mistake of WG to give new players tier 8

bad move rental frontline

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

AlphaBot_ #21 Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1999 battles
50% at least new players  ( with some hundred games) are better then many old players

Mandol_1 #22 Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16117 battles

View PostShypax, on 13 March 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

why wargaming,  why do you make rental tanks

you make a game mode, specific for tier 8 tanks, to take the massive amounts of premium tanks out of the normal queue , which is fine .
why on earth do you make so that every single noob with a few 100k worth of credit can participate?? why do you make it so that if a rental player dies within 30 sec because he has NO IDEA what he is doing in  tier 8 battles , he is now locking up a spot for a useful player??? , why do you make it so hard to defend when you spawn everyone futhest back in the zone but place the flag zones behind hills and terrain and therefore making it impossible to make it back to decap ?

you had the chance to make a fantastic game mode, all you had to do was not give every single player access to it 
there should be a minimum of 2 owned tier 8s and atleast 500 battles played in such tanks .

im not a pro player, i play casually , but i HATE wasting my time with horrible teams , i hate getting into a game with ZERO skill based match making, how is it fair to match a player with 50k games vs one with 500 games in the same game? its laughable at best, you are right now seeing falling numbers in players, you have to release all new premium tanks with marathons otherwise people wont bother to play, you refuse to do anything about afking and bots, frontline is amazing and good fun ,but its sooo unbalanced its beyond mindblowing, and good job making all frontline servers lag with wheeled tanks avalible , so you cannot hit them , that was a great move also .

TL;DR , fix your damn game its pathethic .

Could not agree more.
Was just about to flame a whinner in another topic about this subject but decided not too. 
Glad to see someone els have the same opinion as I.

Thank you!

Elcarsh #23 Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1820 battles
  • [TJAEG] TJAEG

View Postfacmanpob, on 14 March 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

This is the issue. But, contrary to what most people think (not necessarily you), simply passing some arbitrary milestone of having played a certain number of games is not the answer. I say this from the standpoint of having worked in the education sector since 2002. Understanding does not come simply through repetition. Understanding comes through advice, feedback and reflection. That is why there are teachers!

Sadly, most people never seek feedback about their actions, never look for advice on how to play better, and never reflect on what they did well or badly in a game (simply clicking battle again as quickly as possible).

I was this player in early 2018 - I had 810 battles, 44.4% WR and 360 WN8 and generally had no idea why I had just died or what I was doing wrong. I came back to the game after some time playing WoWS and other things, and made a conscious decision to learn to be better. I watched 4TankersAndDog, Taugrim and other good 'teaching' streamers/youtubers. I read about the tanks I was playing, looked a map advice tutorials and I made a decision to think about how I could have avoided dying every time I did. Since I started my 'learning journey' my average WR has risen to 48.6% (51.2% over the last 1300 battles according to Wotlabs) and my average WN8 is steadily climbing (and was almost 1k in the week before this episode of FL). Now, I'm not saying I'm the 'next great thing' or anything, I am, however, well on the way to being Mr Average. In all of that journey from potato to middle-of-the-road, WG has had zero help or input. Everything I have learned has come from community contributors.

Now here's the important thing: had I not made a conscious decision to learn, I would still have played those additional games, but I would still be a complete potato player. I say again, simply playing more battles does not magically make someone better at the game!

Let's not forget here that nobody is interested in teaching, either. You do badly in a match? You might get a PM from someone detailing the carnal knowledge they would like to enjoy with your mother and how you ought to separate your head from your shoulders with a butter knife.

Let's not pretend like people aren't absolutely *edited.

15:37 Added after 0 minutes

View PostShypax, on 13 March 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

why wargaming,  why do you make rental tanks

you make a game mode, specific for tier 8 tanks, to take the massive amounts of premium tanks out of the normal queue , which is fine .
why on earth do you make so that every single noob with a few 100k worth of credit can participate?? why do you make it so that if a rental player dies within 30 sec because he has NO IDEA what he is doing in  tier 8 battles , he is now locking up a spot for a useful player??? , why do you make it so hard to defend when you spawn everyone futhest back in the zone but place the flag zones behind hills and terrain and therefore making it impossible to make it back to decap ?

you had the chance to make a fantastic game mode, all you had to do was not give every single player access to it 
there should be a minimum of 2 owned tier 8s and atleast 500 battles played in such tanks .

im not a pro player, i play casually , but i HATE wasting my time with horrible teams , i hate getting into a game with ZERO skill based match making, how is it fair to match a player with 50k games vs one with 500 games in the same game? its laughable at best, you are right now seeing falling numbers in players, you have to release all new premium tanks with marathons otherwise people wont bother to play, you refuse to do anything about afking and bots, frontline is amazing and good fun ,but its sooo unbalanced its beyond mindblowing, and good job making all frontline servers lag with wheeled tanks avalible , so you cannot hit them , that was a great move also .

TL;DR , fix your damn game its pathethic .

If you don't like it, there is an option for you, you know.

Edited by AngryCombatWombat, 22 April 2019 - 06:23 PM.
Inappropriate language

facmanpob #24 Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3798 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostElcarsh, on 22 April 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Let's not forget here that nobody is interested in teaching, either. You do badly in a match? You might get a PM from someone detailing the carnal knowledge they would like to enjoy with your mother and how you ought to separate your head from your shoulders with a butter knife.

Let's not pretend like people aren't absolutely *edited.

Funnily enough this happened to me last night - apparently my ability in the Strv m/42 is the reason why my wife has no kids... I laughed long and hard at that 'insult' before adding another muppet to my blacklist. For clarification purposes I did check that the kids were sleeping soundly before going to bed later in the evening.

As an aside, I checked the OPs stats... interestingly I have a much higher WR and recent WN8 than him, even though I only have 2400 battles in total and he has over 15k. Of course if he loses it's everyone else's fault :sceptic:

Vixen85 #25 Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1078 battles
  • [V_O_W] V_O_W
I'm a newb and feel this. I have zero crew skills, I mainly play light tanks but I'm thankful my real life partner is a wot player so I platoon with him all the time in frontlines. When I first started it was awful, really awful. I had the first rented and died and then was stuck waiting. It didn't happen too often as I play in a platoon where I can receive help but had this not been the case, I'd have just given up. WoT is not a new player friendly game from my experience, however, frontlines was actually what made me join the game full time. Personally I love frontlines (perhaps it's because I platoon) but I can see the issues new players with no tier 8s themselves are facing. I only just unlocked my first tier 8 for this time round, although I do own premiums, I have no crew skills. It's punishing and not fair for those who cannot or do not platoon. Not sure how it could be fixed though because I get that WG are trying to include all and like I said, frontlines was the reason I started to play this more.

McFjant #26 Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 17249 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6
Rental tanks or not but the game is so full of Muppets right now so most games gets rolled up by the attackers in next to no time.

Bordhaw #27 Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14893 battles

View PostLiquiel, on 16 March 2019 - 07:25 PM, said:

Wouldn't the solution be to limit Frontline to people with at least two Tier VIII tanks?

That way, the destruction of one tank does not automatically mean 5 minutes waiting time.

This was very noticeable today with attacking or defending it didnt matter and team was getting killed off one by one and not respawning on any front. Because no tanks to use. 

BSHDBCG #28 Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6080 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 15 May 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

This was very noticeable today with attacking or defending it didnt matter and team was getting killed off one by one and not respawning on any front. Because no tanks to use. 

Like I wrote earlier, then the problem isn't as much that they allow them to play FL, but more than they only let them get 1 tank instead of the 3 tanks they got last year.

Shypax #29 Posted 17 May 2019 - 09:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17452 battles
  • [DURKA] DURKA

View PostBSHDBCG, on 16 May 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Like I wrote earlier, then the problem isn't as much that they allow them to play FL, but more than they only let them get 1 tank instead of the 3 tanks they got last year.

cannot agree more, its stupid that they give them a tiny taste but no actual real chance to play, i wouldnt mind them renting like 3 tier 8 tanks , atleast they can be somewhat useful instead of just dying in 1 tank and being afk rest of the time

Catn1p #30 Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1386 battles

Now that we are in Frontline season 4 it seems to me that the lesser skilled players have left the gamemode for good. Only the better players remain. Playing carefully and intelligently, avoiding stupid mistakes and focusing on advancing the rank.

So the question is whether the gamemode is now better or worse?

In my humble opinion Frontlines have never been duller, grindier and generally sh1tt1er than now that the casual tomatoes have left it. So contrary to OP I suggest that WG should give three free tier 8 techtree tanks to every new player in exchange for playing Frontlines about 10 battles/season. That should put fun back to FL.

Shypax #31 Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17452 battles
  • [DURKA] DURKA

View PostCatn1p, on 17 May 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Now that we are in Frontline season 4 it seems to me that the lesser skilled players have left the gamemode for good. Only the better players remain. Playing carefully and intelligently, avoiding stupid mistakes and focusing on advancing the rank.

So the question is whether the gamemode is now better or worse?

In my humble opinion Frontlines have never been duller, grindier and generally sh1tt1er than now that the casual tomatoes have left it. So contrary to OP I suggest that WG should give three free tier 8 techtree tanks to every new player in exchange for playing Frontlines about 10 battles/season. That should put fun back to FL.

i completely agree with 3 tier 8s atleast, i have no issues with that, its the fact that they lock up a spot without a chance to do anything and help the team .

right now its mostly either really good people, a bunch of noobs with 1 tier 8 , or people who just play broken prems and power grind cash ..

xXRettendXx #32 Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1905 battles
  • [SK9TS] SK9TS
I think renting a tier 8 tank is cool and it allows a lot of players to play frontline.
With or without rented tanks, there will be potato members of your team...

In my opinion, WG should add another tank to rent! Players' - with no tier 8 vehicles - gameplay in FL is just 3-5 mins battling and 7 mins waiting for the respawn... :amazed: I need to be satisfied with sergeant rank per battle...
Do I need to mention that it is anoying?

Also tagged with bad move, rental, frontline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users