Jump to content


Why can arty damage objectives?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

breeeze #1 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34677 battles
  • 621
  • [S4] S4
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

 

Seriously, this flat out shouldn't be a thing, needs to be hotfixed asap. They sit far away from the battle, impossible to shut down and can just chip away at whatever objective they choose with complete impunity. Ridiculous.



qpranger #2 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36262 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
Because arty is cool.

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 17459 battles
  • 26,359
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013
I honestly wasn't even aware that they could.

7thSyndicate #4 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45370 battles
  • 383
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012
had no idea... good to know gj WG 

PayMore #5 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25109 battles
  • 439
  • [BWAH] BWAH
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
Nice thanks for tip, now arty can do the same as wheeled tanks/overlords

Kicky92 #6 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15523 battles
  • 222
  • [EMRYS] EMRYS
  • Member since:
    04-21-2015
Seriously considering breaking my 'No Tier 8+ Pigs' rule.....

kisli #7 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36285 battles
  • 390
  • [HOOP] HOOP
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012
Because arty is special class for special people.

Bracciano_gatto #8 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2474 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    09-07-2018

Remove arty ?

 

Ok, remove wheelies then, they are much more of a game breaker than arta ...



kisli #9 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36285 battles
  • 390
  • [HOOP] HOOP
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

Arty avoids skill/effort requirements by ignoring game mechanics.

 

Cheating has the same definition.



Tijsbeek993 #10 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10192 battles
  • 357
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 13 March 2019 - 07:01 PM, said:

Remove arty ?

 

Ok, remove wheelies then, they are much more of a game breaker than arta ...

 

So because that map is realistic and open ground they are game breaking? 
In reality it is because nobody uses his brain and knows how to play with tanks, and nobody knows how to aim at tanks.

wsatnutter #11 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26044 battles
  • 9,157
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
Ok I'm in 

Balc0ra #12 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70155 battles
  • 18,986
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

HE splash. Head on they have zero chance even with HE vs that thickness on most parts. But if they relocate and get a better angle to hit the back side or rear, even on the ground they can do some damage to it. As it calculates it as a splash like it would a tank's armor then. 

 

Now I'm sure WG could easily prevent arty from aiming at objectives or even doing damage to them. Or adding more tall buildings on the lines before it to block the shell arch. But tbh... in most cases, I doubt it would do anything but drag out the game a few seconds longer. If a clip med comes up the side of it, he will do the same damage in a few seconds as Arty does over a few minutes. As it's not like they hit it for 900 each time. If it was, then it would be far more severe.

 



Obsessive_Compulsive #13 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28743 battles
  • 8,481
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014
it took that arty about 6 minutes to do that damage. Not a big deal.

kisli #14 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36285 battles
  • 390
  • [HOOP] HOOP
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 March 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

 If a clip med comes up the side of it, he will do the same damage in a few seconds as Arty does over a few minutes.

 

 

If.

If a clip med does that, he deserved it. It took some skill.

Arty, on the other hand, sits and clicks.



vixu #15 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 44159 battles
  • 3,511
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

View Postkisli, on 13 March 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Arty avoids skill/effort requirements by ignoring game mechanics.

 

Cheating has the same definition.

 

arty is a part of the game. deal with it. 
18:36 Added after 3 minutes

FL is about grinding those reward tanks and having fun. Some are having fun driving like crazy. Some are having fun loading gold and spamming it at everything that moves. Some are having fun eating pizza and clicking on bases that are being capped. It is easy to get a rank of Major on arty while playing def. 

Btw... why people even try to destroy the objectives...? Only the ones who already have reached a rank of general are benefiting from early end of the game.



breeeze #16 Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 34677 battles
  • 621
  • [S4] S4
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 March 2019 - 07:12 PM, said:

HE splash. Head on they have zero chance even with HE vs that thickness on most parts. But if they relocate and get a better angle to hit the back side or rear, even on the ground they can do some damage to it. As it calculates it as a splash like it would a tank's armor then. 

 

Now I'm sure WG could easily prevent arty from aiming at objectives or even doing damage to them. Or adding more tall buildings on the lines before it to block the shell arch. But tbh... in most cases, I doubt it would do anything but drag out the game a few seconds longer. If a clip med comes up the side of it, he will do the same damage in a few seconds as Arty does over a few minutes. As it's not like they hit it for 900 each time. If it was, then it would be far more severe.

 

 

In the first screenshot the arty splashed down objective 3 to destruction from 500ish HP only seconds before the game would have ended when the team made a huge effort to guard that objective. We probably would have won without that. So yes, even if they only splash it for 100-200 per shot, I think it's a big issue. It basically means any objective that is low hp will always be guaranteed lost because arty can just splash it.

markynocarpy #17 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:31 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 32530 battles
  • 43
  • Member since:
    08-10-2011
Takeing out wheely bins ( wheeled tanks) with arty is my faverit trick  just love it well over a doz up to prez . Along with other things that get in the way what do you want for your money . Oops I don’t pay to play am a free bee player 
00:32 Added after 0 

Edited by markynocarpy, 14 March 2019 - 01:33 AM.


MeetriX #18 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 22174 battles
  • 3,441
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

It is a good thing that something can damage them.

My KV-4 couldn't.

Shells just dissapeared. I thought it was same bug like I had years a go in random battle, but it wasn't. This time I had to pay every shell. Lost 50k



Hellfoxe #19 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23497 battles
  • 627
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    04-05-2011

View Postbreeeze, on 13 March 2019 - 06:23 PM, said:

 

Seriously, this flat out shouldn't be a thing, needs to be hotfixed asap. They sit far away from the battle, impossible to shut down and can just chip away at whatever objective they choose with complete impunity. Ridiculous.

 

You think arty is only thing try using "airstrike" it seems damage objectieves between 60-120 damage.

samuelx43a #20 Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24676 battles
  • 1,116
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View Postkisli, on 13 March 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Arty avoids skill/effort requirements by ignoring game mechanics.

 

Cheating has the same definition.

 

most garbage definition I've seen all day.

 

I think its completley fair that it can damage objectives.

I want to think as an arty player that I want to give my team the best chances to win, and if I can damage objectives like that, then I will not hesitate in doing so.

 

seems totally logical to me






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users