Jump to content


Is frontline overrun with players that have an IQ in the double digits?


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Mikanoid #1 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:27 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 3564 battles
  • 51
  • [_PLPL] _PLPL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2018
Ok, so we have frontline, a game mode that doesnt factor into a players stats and where the main difference is the advancement through the tiers and the free tanks

And yet teams seem to play like its a random game, rushing for the win 

Maybe I am wrong here, but for me it seems far better to play a long game and lose rather than get a quick win. Because you get a higher rank, much better rewards for the rank and move through the tiers far more quickly as a result

Tonight I had the worst night so far with games being "won" with 8-10 minutes still on the clock and the enemy struggling to field new tanks so they were coming on in easily killable dribs and drabs making them awesome opportunities for high damage, high rank and high rewards for the game

Instead the teams just blew up the guns

Am I missing something here? Because to me it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and just feels like people are lacking the brain cells to realise that the game mode has different rewards and gets better results to a random game with a long loss than a short win, and ideally with a long win dragging it out to the wire where possible

Maybe its just because its early in this episode and the slower players in the game still havent had enough time for the brain cell to fire up and realise they arent doing themselves any favours by rushing a game to completion or maybe nobody is bothered about getting 10 complete cycles through the tiers to get the chance of the two more unusual tanks but I have to admit its got me a bit confuddled at the moment

7thSyndicate #2 Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45424 battles
  • 404
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012

12 IQ here

Posted Image



SuedKAT #3 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,777
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
I've accepted that there is a 99% chance I will lose if I defend and there is a 99% chance that I will win if I attack, so blaming the team for WG balance design is meaningless since they've balanced FL just as good as they balance tanks.

Mosjmosh #4 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:15 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40620 battles
  • 325
  • Member since:
    11-23-2013

I always play for the win, because winning is more fun than losing. I think there should be more incentive for winning, and that should be the main goal.

Most players rather sit and snipe regardless of what tank they are driving instead of playing for objectives.



gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:18 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12167 battles
  • 2,824
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostMosjmosh, on 14 March 2019 - 07:15 AM, said:

I always play for the win, because winning is more fun than losing. I think there should be more incentive for winning, and that should be the main goal.

 

 

Because of this I don't play FL.

.... and because of arty+airstrikes of course


Edited by gunslingerXXX, 14 March 2019 - 07:19 AM.


MulkQvist_Fi #6 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:31 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38952 battles
  • 156
  • [1ST2D] 1ST2D
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

Yeah, some games are like this. Sometimes in the beginning there's that "Fast cap X". Frankly I don't care if some1 doesn't get the point of the mode. Usually get to Leutnant in these ones anyway.

 

Like said Major to General is 100% boost to credits and exp...bear that in mind.



TankkiPoju #7 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:08 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22172 battles
  • 6,827
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

No but the Frontline queue is.

 

Hey-oooo!



wsatnutter #8 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26053 battles
  • 9,169
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
i have the IQ of my shoe size     7 here

Tijsbeek993 #9 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:23 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10259 battles
  • 357
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017

View PostSuedKAT, on 14 March 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

I've accepted that there is a 99% chance I will lose if I defend and there is a 99% chance that I will win if I attack, so blaming the team for WG balance design is meaningless since they've balanced FL just as good as they balance tanks.

 

attackers had 48% winrate and defenders 52%.

Thats better as the ammount of friends you got.

4ztec #10 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:32 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 666 battles
  • 124
  • [B33R] B33R
  • Member since:
    06-20-2013

View PostMikanoid, on 14 March 2019 - 02:27 AM, said:

Ok, so we have frontline, a game mode that doesnt factor into a players stats and where the main difference is the advancement through the tiers and the free tanks

And yet teams seem to play like its a random game, rushing for the win 

Maybe I am wrong here, but for me it seems far better to play a long game and lose rather than get a quick win. Because you get a higher rank, much better rewards for the rank and move through the tiers far more quickly as a result

Tonight I had the worst night so far with games being "won" with 8-10 minutes still on the clock and the enemy struggling to field new tanks so they were coming on in easily killable dribs and drabs making them awesome opportunities for high damage, high rank and high rewards for the game

Instead the teams just blew up the guns

Am I missing something here? Because to me it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and just feels like people are lacking the brain cells to realise that the game mode has different rewards and gets better results to a random game with a long loss than a short win, and ideally with a long win dragging it out to the wire where possible

Maybe its just because its early in this episode and the slower players in the game still havent had enough time for the brain cell to fire up and realise they arent doing themselves any favours by rushing a game to completion or maybe nobody is bothered about getting 10 complete cycles through the tiers to get the chance of the two more unusual tanks but I have to admit its got me a bit confuddled at the moment

 

That topic again...

The best way to become general very fast is to attack and defend the cap circles. There's no need to turtle around.

So maybe it's you who is lacking the brain cells to realize it or you are just a very poor player.


Edited by 4ztec, 14 March 2019 - 08:33 AM.


PowJay #11 Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:36 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38156 battles
  • 4,784
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

Wow! So many things wrong with this thread.

 

As the average IQ is 100, then I guess a lot of people with double-digit IQs are playing this game. The only question is whether they are stupid enough to play Frontlines which seems to be a game mode which lots of people begged for and now it's back are doing nothing but complaining about it.

 

Then we have the OP who is not exactly a sterling example of a Unicum questioning the abilities of other players.


 

As for general intelligence. You are the one who seems to have spent well over a thousand Pounds/Euros on Premium PIXEL tanks- Since NOVEMBER- that you can't play! Privileged much?


Edited by PowJay, 14 March 2019 - 08:36 AM.


SuedKAT #12 Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 7,777
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostTijsbeek993, on 14 March 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

 

attackers had 48% winrate and defenders 52%.

Thats better as the ammount of friends you got.

 

You're not very smart are ya? Hang in there it will get easier over time!

qpranger #13 Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:30 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36272 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
I like defending with arty, easily reaching Major or General using just one gentle paw.

Homer_J #14 Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31407 battles
  • 34,200
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMikanoid, on 14 March 2019 - 02:27 AM, said:


Maybe I am wrong here, but for me it seems far better to play a long game and lose

 

And you are questioning other's IQ

 

Maybe you think double digits is too high?



Hazmy_ #15 Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:52 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1444 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    02-28-2019
Another thread like this oh god. Here we go... :

1) It's a gamemode of objectives, not grinding

I see the irony in my own title, but it's a design issue, it's still not supposed to be about grinding.

Frontlines is still a gamemode that is about winning against the other team by completing the objectives as fast as your team can. NO, it is not about the grind. The grind is a side reward that encourages you to play it at the first place. Frontlines already suffers from overthinking, people abandoning harder capture points, focusing down lines, zerging and just playing the system to get more points and ruin the game-mode.

If you enjoy getting higher ranks, and the only reason you play frontlines is to grind it, it's your own business and I encourage you to do it, it's fun, but do not assume or enforce that thinking on others who just plainly have fun with the gamemode and actually play it how it's supposed to be played.

Also as a side-note, if you participate in every capture, or defense points NO MATTER the speed of the game, you will probably reach Major/General.

----------------

2) Griefing

Frontlines is clearly unbalanced and and like in every other game where masses of randoms fight against each other, instead of it being a tactical gamemode - it ends up as a zergfest. In my opinion Frontlines also favours the attackers, and as such they have control over the battle, like yourself have pointed out about controling the time aswell. Sure the defenders can react, but since it's unorganized - a mass attack is always going to be quicker than the random enemy team can gather themselves to defend against it.

As such, if the attacking team is winning fast against the defenders it also means that probably the defending randoms already have ragers, or people who gave up, not enjoy being stomped and they just don't have a good time, so losing is the ultimate relief that will free them, such is the natural design of these games. If you are losing hard, the game will end sooner and you can try your luck with the next team fast.

"...they were coming on in easily killable dribs and drabs making them awesome opportunities for high damage, high rank and high rewards"

We are getting there....Now you are making these topics and encourage people to stall these battles and just grind for the experience, especially the attackers. Use the opportunity of you winning to farm the enemy team to get more experience points. It is straight up Griefing. No matter that both sides would get better ranks, obviously the attackers are stomping the defenders and they have more fun, and stalling a fight to farm the enemy in any multiplayer game is against the rules and is punishable by suspension.

So now before you encourage others to use their brain cells, please do not encourage griefing and unhealthy gameplay styles to an already questionable gamemode.

I personally wish Wargaming would just nerf the grind, so that people would not worry about these stupid ways to play the system anymore and ruin the event.

Edited by Hazmy_, 14 March 2019 - 10:15 AM.


TheDrownedApe #16 Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:37 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 47551 battles
  • 6,050
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View Postwsatnutter, on 14 March 2019 - 07:21 AM, said:

i have the IQ of my shoe size     7 here

always thought you were male, well i never



WindSpIitter1 #17 Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 278 battles
  • 1,135
  • [-UM] -UM
  • Member since:
    01-13-2017
If a hundred thousand plays Frontlines, there'll be (by definition) around fifty thousand players with double-digit IQ. :facepalm:

Kalonianhydra #18 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28599 battles
  • 69
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013
I can understand this topic. In Frontline the main objective for a player is to advance through the ranks. And to do that you need to cap/decap and do damage and assist players. If you win or loose is irrelevant. The main thing is to become general so you can advance the ranks in frontline.
That's why you should try and drag every game for as long as possible, or at least until you reach general, then the game can end.
It's even smart to just let the attackers cap one more just to prolong the game time so you can reach the ultimate goal, general.

But there are a lot of people missing the point here.

wsatnutter #19 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26053 battles
  • 9,169
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 14 March 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

always thought you were male, well i never

 

:trollface:

NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:39 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32880 battles
  • 3,372
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
Double digits? You're being generous m8...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users