wz111 frontlines reward HT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Miepie #1 Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3052 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

Since the WZ111 is one of the reward tanks in Frontlines 2019 I decided to do a bit of reading on it [1], but most of the topics on it in this forum section seem to be from 2014-2015 (most YouTube videos as well). With the update 1.2 improvements to this tank (and the ever-changing game), I was wondering how well it functions these days. I'm also wondering what the preferred tactics for it are. In this article: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/update-1-2-preferential-matchmaking-vehicles/ , WG claims it is more for long range shooting (compared to the 112, to be clear), but with the 2.8 sec aiming time, 0.42m dispersion and 720 m/s shell velocity mentioned in that article I'm wondering if by "long distance" they mean 20-30m in this specific case. [2]

[1] My original goal of the Emil 1951 might have been too optimistic with the weeks I'll miss and the realisation that each battle does, in fact, last over 20 minutes (lessening the number of games I can do per week).

[2] I'll fiddle around a bit on tanks.gg as well when I get home. That site doesn't work anymore here at the office, probably because of some outdated browser thing.

Any insights are greatly appreciated. :great:

O_verdose #2 Posted 04 April 2019 - 02:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44533 battles
  • [RO-DM] RO-DM

View PostMiepie, on 14 March 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

Since the WZ111 is one of the reward tanks in Frontlines 2019 I decided to do a bit of reading on it [1], but most of the topics on it in this forum section seem to be from 2014-2015 (most YouTube videos as well). With the update 1.2 improvements to this tank (and the ever-changing game), I was wondering how well it functions these days. I'm also wondering what the preferred tactics for it are. In this article: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/update-1-2-preferential-matchmaking-vehicles/ , WG claims it is more for long range shooting (compared to the 112, to be clear), but with the 2.8 sec aiming time, 0.42m dispersion and 720 m/s shell velocity mentioned in that article I'm wondering if by "long distance" they mean 20-30m in this specific case. [2]

[1] My original goal of the Emil 1951 might have been too optimistic with the weeks I'll miss and the realisation that each battle does, in fact, last over 20 minutes (lessening the number of games I can do per week).

[2] I'll fiddle around a bit on tanks.gg as well when I get home. That site doesn't work anymore here at the office, probably because of some outdated browser thing.

Any insights are greatly appreciated. :great:

If there was a garbage bin with tanks in this game, well, WZ111 would be one of the champions. Penetration is low, no accuracy to aim for weakspots, if there are any, and the gun depression is a joke.  Two options: either load the gold and pray that you hit something flat enough to penetrate or load HE and hope you have a full complement of supporting tanks in front of you decent enough to keep the enemies at bay while you spray them with 100 dmg at best in the case of the armored juggernauts. Very very rarely you'll meet tier 6 tanks and you can seal club at will.

But my advice, avoid this like the plague. It's just another wargaming f-up.

Edited by O_verdose, 04 April 2019 - 02:28 PM.

Rosetta_and_Philae #3 Posted 17 May 2019 - 10:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48842 battles
  • [WTFX] WTFX
Its a ammo rack on tanks, avoid at all costs. 

Also tagged with wz111, frontlines, reward, HT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users