Jump to content


WG don't abide by UK Law apparently


  • Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

Grand_Moff_Tano #41 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1776 battles
  • 10,800
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostMistyBus, on 14 March 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

 

ok, sorry, i just wanted all the abuse for while - i like it :-)

 

i bought a tank - 2 days later i decided WOT is broken beyond repair (EBRs, MM etc) and wanted my money back - the answer was that as i've used the tank (stats say 5 battles) so i can't have a refund.

I asked several times why their rules outweigh Consumer Rights Act 2015 for digital goods - i wasn't really expecting the result to be in my favour, but my point was that they just avoided the question (multiple times) and then just closed the ticket before we could get to the bottom of it (even if it wasn't in my favour).

 

hope that makes sense?

 

There is a disclaimer that says that the purchase is non-refundable after you use it, it is the same with War Thunder, and other online games. So no they are not breaching UK Consumer law.

Noo_Noo #42 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22545 battles
  • 2,966
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostMistyBus, on 14 March 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

 

ok, sorry, i just wanted all the abuse for while - i like it :-)

 

i bought a tank - 2 days later i decided WOT is broken beyond repair (EBRs, MM etc) and wanted my money back - the answer was that as i've used the tank (stats say 5 battles) so i can't have a refund.

I asked several times why their rules outweigh Consumer Rights Act 2015 for digital goods - i wasn't really expecting the result to be in my favour, but my point was that they just avoided the question (multiple times) and then just closed the ticket before we could get to the bottom of it (even if it wasn't in my favour).

 

hope that makes sense?

 

Yes and nice trolling.

I think there's something in the EULA or purchase agreement on this so they do have it covered. 

Still WG do have a funny way of communicating with the players. Lets just say they are better at balancing in game vehicles than treating players with any level of decency. 

jabster #43 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • 25,346
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostMistyBus, on 14 March 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

 

ok, sorry, i just wanted all the abuse for while - i like it :-)

 

i bought a tank - 2 days later i decided WOT is broken beyond repair (EBRs, MM etc) and wanted my money back - the answer was that as i've used the tank (stats say 5 battles) so i can't have a refund.

I asked several times why their rules outweigh Consumer Rights Act 2015 for digital goods - i wasn't really expecting the result to be in my favour, but my point was that they just avoided the question (multiple times) and then just closed the ticket before we could get to the bottom of it (even if it wasn't in my favour).

 

hope that makes sense?

 

So they where in accordance with the UK law then so your problem is?

Bordhaw #44 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:48 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 13572 battles
  • 3,875
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostMistyBus, on 14 March 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Based on my recent ticket response, WG do not abide by the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015 in favour of their own "rules".

When pushed about it, they close the ticket so they can't respond to it anymore - way to go WG!

 

Block Quote

12. Governing (Applicable) Law and Jurisdiction

12.1 This EULA and any dispute, claim or obligation (whether contractual or non-contractual) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by the laws of Cyprus, unless otherwise required by the law of the country where the user has his habitual residence.

 

 



NUKLEAR_SLUG #45 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 32400 battles
  • 3,397
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostMistyBus, on 14 March 2019 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

makes no difference - why would an organisation close you down just because they don't like the conversation...very poor customer service imo....but hey, as long as they make their money, who cares...nobody apparently

 

How about because you had no idea what you were talking about and were wrong? Not that we would know either way because all you've done is whine about some supposed slight against you without providing any useful information to prove your point. 

MistyBus #46 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10838 battles
  • 36
  • [-TWA-] -TWA-
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015

Block Quote

 12. Governing (Applicable) Law and Jurisdiction

12.1 This EULA and any dispute, claim or obligation (whether contractual or non-contractual) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by the laws of Cyprus, unless otherwise required by the law of the country where the user has his habitual residence.

 

 

17:53 Added after 2 minutes

8.3 (b) of the WG Terms of Service state: 

 once you have purchased Virtual Goods, those Virtual Goods are non-refundable and non-exchangeable (whether or not you use them), except as set forth in these Terms of Service, or as it is required under the applicable law;

 

does that count towards the UK Consumer Rights Act 2015 ??

17:54 Added after 3 minutes

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

 

How about because you had no idea what you were talking about and were wrong? Not that we would know either way because all you've done is whine about some supposed slight against you without providing any useful information to prove your point. 

 

i take it you can actually read.....english?

Obsessive_Compulsive #47 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:56 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28743 battles
  • 8,481
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostMistyBus, on 14 March 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

 

ok, sorry, i just wanted all the abuse for while - i like it :-)

 

i bought a tank - 2 days later i decided WOT is broken beyond repair (EBRs, MM etc) and wanted my money back - the answer was that as i've used the tank (stats say 5 battles) so i can't have a refund.

I asked several times why their rules outweigh Consumer Rights Act 2015 for digital goods - i wasn't really expecting the result to be in my favour, but my point was that they just avoided the question (multiple times) and then just closed the ticket before we could get to the bottom of it (even if it wasn't in my favour).

 

hope that makes sense?

 

Unless the tank is in some way faulty, not fit for purpose or not as it was described by WG then you are prettty much up the creek without a paddle.  You could look at the consumer contract regulations instead of the CRA's but then in the purchase contract it does state that if you use it then you cant refund it. WG does give you your cancellation rights by email wich wavers your 14 day right to cancel and you accepted that when you carried out the purcahse ( and should have read it before using the tank)

 

if for some magic reason they did not provide you with your cancelation rights ( not on the wesbite but to you by email) then you can persue with confidence. But I am guessing they did.

 

so to summarise. if the tank does what it says it will do and isas was described and you did get a copy of your cancelation rights then suck it up and move on.



qpranger #48 Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:59 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36272 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013


MistyBus #49 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10838 battles
  • 36
  • [-TWA-] -TWA-
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 14 March 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

 

Unless the tank is in some way faulty, not fit for purpose or not as it was described by WG then you are prettty much up the creek without a paddle.  You could look at the consumer contract regulations instead of the CRA's but then in the purchase contract it does state that if you use it then you cant refund it. WG does give you your cancellation rights by email wich wavers your 14 day right to cancel and you accepted that when you carried out the purcahse ( and should have read it before using the tank)

 

if for some magic reason they did not provide you with your cancelation rights ( not on the wesbite but to you by email) then you can persue with confidence. But I am guessing they did.

 

so to summarise. if the tank does what it says it will do and isas was described and you did get a copy of your cancelation rights then suck it up and move on.

 

finally - someone with a brain with an intelligent and useful response..... thanks Obsessive_Compulsive

I'm sure you're right - i wonder if pushed whether you could argue that the game itself is broken, but probably not

of course - it still leaves the fact that WG customer service is shocking


Edited by MistyBus, 14 March 2019 - 07:01 PM.


Noo_Noo #50 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 22545 battles
  • 2,966
  • Member since:
    05-05-2013

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 14 March 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

 

Unless the tank is in some way faulty, not fit for purpose or not as it was described by WG then you are prettty much up the creek without a paddle.  You could look at the consumer contract regulations instead of the CRA's but then in the purchase contract it does state that if you use it then you cant refund it. WG does give you your cancellation rights by email wich wavers your 14 day right to cancel and you accepted that when you carried out the purcahse ( and should have read it before using the tank)

 

if for some magic reason they did not provide you with your cancelation rights ( not on the wesbite but to you by email) then you can persue with confidence. But I am guessing they did.

 

so to summarise. if the tank does what it says it will do and isas was described and you did get a copy of your cancelation rights then suck it up and move on.

 

Yep, that's the answer. 

Also worth noting that this is also the reason why WG will not nerf premium tanks. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #51 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 8397 battles
  • 5,653
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 14 March 2019 - 06:24 PM, said:

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 March 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

You get exactly what you buy, and it being digital goods provided in an online game service, there's no chance of them being faulty either.

 

 

That's just not the case now is it? 

If I rent a film on Apple TV and in the middle it's corrupt, and not fixed until after the rental period then what happens?  Yes, you guessed it consumer law kicks in.

Reading comprehension is hard, right?

Because I quite clearly specified how it applies to premium tanks in WoT, not some random crappy apple service.

And knowing apple, they'd probably tell you that your telly is broken and that you need to buy a new one instead.



evilchaosmonkey #52 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:04 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17684 battles
  • 1,937
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostNoo_Noo, on 14 March 2019 - 06:02 PM, said:

 

Yep, that's the answer. 

Also worth noting that this is also the reason why WG will not nerf premium tanks. 

 

But it's also why they stopped using pref MM to describe tanks in the sales pitch even though they still had it.

It all depended on when you bought it and exactly what was said in the sales smatter.



Obsessive_Compulsive #53 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28743 battles
  • 8,481
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostMistyBus, on 14 March 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

 

finally - someone with a brain with an intelligent and useful response..... thanks Obsessive_Compulsive

I'm sure you're right - i wonder if pushed whether you could argue that the game itself is broken, but probably not

You could make the argument that the virtual word in which your purchase must be operated in is not of satisfactory quality and that indirectly that results in a consequencial loss of a kind to your enjoyment of the product ( tank) There is no case law to reference for that as far as I know and thus it would be very difficult to prove and even if you did a partial refund to reflect the diminished enjoyment is best case scenario ( WG offers you 99.p). consumer law is my thing but I am not a lawyer.  I know there is at least one chap who is more legally trained then me floating about but in all honesty he will probably tell you to just learn from it and accept it for what it is.



evilchaosmonkey #54 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17684 battles
  • 1,937
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 14 March 2019 - 05:17 PM, said:

In what way are they different?

You get exactly what you buy, and it being digital goods provided in an online game service, there's no chance of them being faulty either.

So what, exactly, is your problem?

 

Do you want to point out exactly where you described premium tanks then?

Unless I am blind the words premium or tanks doesn't appear in the text.

 

Are your "remembering skills" impeded by any chance?

Also I wanted to underline things and put them in italics, but you know I am not an arse.



Obsessive_Compulsive #55 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:10 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28743 battles
  • 8,481
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 14 March 2019 - 07:04 PM, said:

 

But it's also why they stopped using pref MM to describe tanks in the sales pitch even though they still had it.

It all depended on when you bought it and exactly what was said in the sales smatter.

 

thats an interesting point, there is the misrepresentation act 1967 to consider...

juonimies #56 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45891 battles
  • 555
  • [KARJU] KARJU
  • Member since:
    07-04-2011
There are probably some good reasons why Wargaming is officially a cypriotic company. 

Obsessive_Compulsive #57 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:14 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 28743 battles
  • 8,481
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View Postjuonimies, on 14 March 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

There are probably some good reasons why Wargaming is officially a cypriotic company. 

 

Just 1: Taxes.

wsatnutter #58 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26053 battles
  • 9,169
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

arrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so the truth is forth coming the OP sucks at playing a certain tank he bought , he then whines to support about his consumer rights [edited]hell this is so funny

tomorrow im off to a Ferrari showroom to buy one after 2 hours of thrashing its arse off im going back for a refund after that im off down the pub im going to order pay and drink a pint of ALE then im going to tell the landlord I hated the taste and demand a refund


 

can you see where im going OP?


 


 



MistyBus #59 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10838 battles
  • 36
  • [-TWA-] -TWA-
  • Member since:
    01-21-2015

View Postwsatnutter, on 14 March 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

arrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so the truth is forth coming the OP sucks at playing a certain tank he bought , he then whines to support about his consumer rights [edited]hell this is so funny

tomorrow im off to a Ferrari showroom to buy one after 2 hours of thrashing its arse off im going back for a refund after that im off down the pub im going to order pay and drink a pint of ALE then im going to tell the landlord I hated the taste and demand a refund


 

can you see where im going OP?


 


 

 

not really, because it would be my (uninformed) understanding that, for those products you suggested (car and drink) you could actually get your money back - quite a lot of the time, just because (for no reason you must state)

i.e., you don't have to have a reason.  Of course, mostly, you would do it because the goods (car or drink) were faulty, or they didn't fit (clothes) or they were purchased by mistake (amazon), sorry, what's your point again?

 

P.S. i really do suck in all my tanks


Edited by MistyBus, 14 March 2019 - 07:25 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #60 Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:26 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 8397 battles
  • 5,653
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 14 March 2019 - 07:08 PM, said:

 

Do you want to point out exactly where you described premium tanks then?

Unless I am blind the words premium or tanks doesn't appear in the text.

 

Are your "remembering skills" impeded by any chance?

Also I wanted to underline things and put them in italics, but you know I am not an arse.

Nishi_Kinuyo

it  being digital goods provided in an online game service

 Granted, it technically doesn't state premium tanks explicitely, the implication is strongly there due to context.

It does, however, cover gold, premium time, premium tanks, premium camouflages, etc.


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 14 March 2019 - 07:27 PM.





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users