Mines Vs Wheeled Vehicles 2019

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Wl_lTANG #1 Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14068 battles

Just probably suffered the worst encounter of wheeled vehicles since they were introduced into the game.
Three enemy wheeled light vehicles plus two tracks to our five tracked light tanks. The game was lost from the start. There is absolutely no way you are able to counter against the speed of these vehicles to reach the crucial strategic point which is the castle at the centre of the map if the MM doesn't equally balance these vehicles to each side. 

An example of this , dependent on the side in which you spawn and the game mode, these wheeled vehicles are able to get to the castle at the beginning of a Standard game mode & spot artillery before they are able to move into cover to avoid being spotted. If your team spawn on the south side of the map, artillery usually takes position in the south east area where the houses provide them cover, but are unable to reach the position before wheeled vehicles reach the centre of the map, which is ridiculous. 

Maps such as these serve no purpose in today's meta & either needs to be revised (again) to balance the influx of these vehicles coupled with the poor MM, or removed. 

Another example would be the new map 'Ghost Town' a symmetrical map with flanking areas with key positions which allow you to shoot into the town, if you can't push to these areas first then the opposing team has massive advantages over the other, wheeled vehicles should be balanced fairly between teams. 

I have no issues with the wheeled vehicles themselves, I just think that they are ahead of their time for the current state of the game at the moment. 

tajj7 #2 Posted 15 March 2019 - 02:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27236 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

That is a problem with Mines, it shouldn't be a high tier map anyway, its too small, its horribly unbalanced in encounter for the North team and they should have put another route into the hill years ago.

Its always been the issue that the team with more faster tanks will win the hill.  Try getting like some Bat Chats or TVPs vs like M48 Pattons.

Not so sure its relevant on Ghost town, both flanks vision is quite important and lights will outspot WVs, so it doesn't massively matter they get to spaces a bit earlier, also there are not that many side shots into the town and the biggest issue with that map IMO is the base camping TD spots. 

Ringo_Star #3 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 57527 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Mines is the relict of the ancient WoT. It is probably the most imbalanced map ( especially in encounter mode ) regardless of the tank class. It should be either enlarged or restricted up to tier 6 or 7.

DarkPacifist #4 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30181 battles
  • [F0RGE] F0RGE
If they can early spot artas so that they get destroyed, I don't see any problem with wheeled vehicles ;)

Bora_BOOM #5 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 26352 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

There is a perfect icon to represent the map shape, map design as well as how the gameplay feels like.

Spoiler

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 15 March 2019 - 03:36 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70155 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

That's why mines is a bad high tier map. Because speed on meds and lights there was already fast before wheeled. So if you had a slower med vs an AMX or BC. No point even trying.

Tho the issue I have with wheeled on Mines is that even they turn trail and run the second they see one enemy tank get up there, thus ignoring hill. Just like the fist med or light on the trail up did before wheeled. When they stop, then block the one coming behind. And wheeled do that vs enemy wheeled constantly I feel. And getting there fast is not always ideal either. As I've seen to many wheeled lights on my team get isolated when their fast meds etc comes before us. As if we have slower meds, and only one fast wheeled. It's like before, pointless to even try.

Homer_J #7 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31398 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWl_lTANG, on 15 March 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

An example of this , dependent on the side in which you spawn and the game mode, these wheeled vehicles are able to get to the castle at the beginning of a Standard game mode & spot

They can get there, I will give you that.  Spot, no.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users