FL became disgusting?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Bucifel #1 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34701 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

dont know what happened but looks like 90% of players just lost their minimum ammount of brain what they had and bring "5 mins battle" phenomen into FL now??

all what they do now is to cap a line and then rush objectives wich result in a fast game *edited*.

*edited* dont realize that main objective in FL is to get RANKS >??

you may finish a battle faster but without a top rank your progress is still useless

i had a lot of games in that 2nd part where nobody got a general just because *edited* rush in and finish objectives and nobody have enough time to get ranks.

*edited*

do you even realize that your main reward depends by RANKS and not by winning?? :facepalm:

Edited by Nebiros_1, 15 March 2019 - 06:27 PM.
Edited due to Insults and vulgarity

The_Georgian_One #2 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40293 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostBucifel, on 15 March 2019 - 03:28 PM, said:

dont know what happened but looks like 90% of players just lost their minimum ammount ofrain what they had and bring "5 mins battle" phenomen into FL now??

all what they do now is to cap a line and then rush objectives wich result in a fast game just like those moronic randoms.

are you really that stupid and dont realize that main objective in FL is to get RANKS >??

you may finish a battle faster but without a top rank your progress is still useless

i had a lot of games in that 2nd part where nobody got a general just because some morons rush in and finish objectives and nobody have enough time to get ranks.

how stupid can you be to ruin this game mode for 50 other players?? :facepalm:

EBR effect. Half of the team running around like headless chickens.

Bucifel #3 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34701 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 15 March 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

EBR effect. Half of the team running around like headless chickens.

and worst part...they are successfuly because they destroy objs...:facepalm:

qpranger #4 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36262 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
More importantly though, what happened to the Colonel rank???

OIias_of_Sunhillow #5 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25651 battles
"Why don't people play the way they're supposed to, or the way I want them to...!"

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32371 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Maybe if you defended a bit better you wouldn't have this problem?

Bucifel #7 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34701 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 15 March 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

yes comrad ! one player from 30 really can defend better and make the difference everytime ;)

what about atacks? I have same problem here

"Why don't people play the way they're supposed to" 

-thats a nice question for WG..

Edited by Bucifel, 15 March 2019 - 03:45 PM.

The_Georgian_One #8 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40293 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 15 March 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

LOL. Defenders were already screwed in this mode, with wheelies allover the place defending is utterly impossible.

Edit: let's make it clear  I really don't care, win or lose, I usually get my general on wins and major on loses. It's just about the imbalance in this mode. Nobody will ever convince me that it's equally easy to attack and defend. 

Edited by The_Georgian_One, 15 March 2019 - 03:50 PM.

tajj7 #9 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27236 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

I don't have much issue getting General.

I do also find it weird that people complain in randoms that people don't play to win and don't try to win, and now we have people complaining in Frontlines that people are playing too much to win. :confused:

IMO quick games are down two main factors, engineering spam is too effective and defenders spawn camping C, which just opens the rest of the map up. Pretty much every fast game I have played in, it is because the defending team has had 15 people trying to spawn camp 5 people on the C cap for 10+ minutes, meaning the other two sectors the defenders are massively outnumbered. 

I'd also say that guns 1 and 2 are too hard to defend, 3-5 are probably about right, but attackers usually only have to get one of these down to win. 

I don't get the repeated fuss about VWs either, they are not great at capping or defending caps, most players in them are terrible and they are doing not much different to what lights do. 

Edited by tajj7, 15 March 2019 - 03:47 PM.

CmdRatScabies #10 Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38474 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

dont know what happened but looks like 90% of players just lost their minimum ammount of brain what they had and bring "5 mins battle" phenomen into FL now??

all what they do now is to cap a line and then rush objectives wich result in a fast game just like those moronic randoms.

Lots of very fast games may give you more XP per hour than a few slow ones.  Just do your damage early.  WG's fault for giving so much XP to players that cap.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70155 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

do you even realize that your main reward depends by RANKS and not by winning?? :facepalm:

Yes and no. Your reward is based on your rank true. As you get 200% for general and 100% extra for Major iirc. But... there is still a win bonus in there if you are farming XP. You don't get the same if you lose.

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 15 March 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

Lots of very fast games may give you more XP per hour than a few slow ones.  Just do your damage early.  WG's fault for giving so much XP to players that cap.

Sure I had games last night where I got Capt in games that were over in half the time vs a Major or General run before. But I had a 2 games last night where the attackers took none of the first points and the timer ran out. Even if we did fall back to allow them to cap. They still did not push it. And where there is no cap reset to farm, or much to damage. It tends to slow down the grind even on fast games. As I barely got Capt on one of them.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 March 2019 - 04:15 PM.

Objec7 #12 Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14738 battles

are you really that stupid and dont realize that main objective in FL is to get RANKS >??

i had a lot of games in that 2nd part where nobody got a general just because some morons rush in and finish objectives and nobody have enough time to get ranks.

Bots camp because they don't want to think or just don't have any understanding of the mode. At times there is a lot of beginners and bad players playing it. Imo WG made the mode too hard for WoT level of playerbase and didn't make sure that everyone understood the rules. Could make another map and make it simplier with less camping positions.

nakkipeppu #13 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32655 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

If you cap the first flag, then push for the next, and then go destroy the objectives, and beat up few tanks on the way, you should get major, bordering on general.

If you defend the flags that are being pushed, then fight the enemies along the way to objectives and at least mount a defence with some heart put in to it on them, you should get major, bordering on general.

Both require you to play for the win, and you get the ranks you want to without prolonging the game unnecessarily. If the game is a 15-minute wash, and you make just captain, you'll make the same 1200 points in two games compared to playing a drawn out affair that ends with a general.

I think the better question is, that what are YOU doing, if some 20+ minutes aren't enough ? If the answer is something like dicking around with a scorpion or progetto around the edges of the fight trying to score damage on inconsequential strays, you need to rethink your approach.

BR33K1_PAWAH #14 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6430 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Guys, how long b4 FL ends? Client is still installing.... :sceptic:.

Knight_Zao #15 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 32546 battles

Yep, played last night and it was beyond terrible. Was playing it for the Emil, i'll just wait for it to go on sale.... EZ clap...

AvengerOrion #16 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27429 battles

View Postqpranger, on 15 March 2019 - 03:36 PM, said:

More importantly though, what happened to the Colonel rank???

First rule of Fight Club Colonel Rank is you do not talk about Fight Club Colonel Rank.

wsatnutter #17 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:35 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26044 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
any decent sprout recipes about its gotta be better than the OPS post

Sirebellus #18 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21855 battles

dont know what happened but looks like 90% of players just lost their minimum ammount of brain what they had DO THEIR OWN THING and bring "5 mins battle" phenomen into FL now??

are you really that stupid and dont realize that MY main objective in FL is to get RANKS >??

heavens above... some people find winning to be the most satisfactory thing in a game, whatever next ?

DangerMouse #19 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28345 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View PostBucifel, on 15 March 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Well I can be pretty stupid at times I must admit, but how self entitled are you!

I play to win, if its fast its fast that's just tough for you. 

DM

qpranger #20 Posted 15 March 2019 - 06:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 36262 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY

View PostAvengerOrion, on 15 March 2019 - 06:31 PM, said:

First rule of Fight Club Colonel Rank is you do not talk about Fight Club Colonel Rank.

I have this theory that when they were creating this mode there was one Italian developer who had been heavily traumatised by portrayal of Italian officers in Allo Allo, especially the constant Colonello mentions, so he said to the other developers: "Letusa hava thisa rankinga withouta the Colonello ranka, kapish?" And all the other developers immediately nodded in agreement because they were stoned as usual.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users