Swe medium tank/crew questions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

vXCozmoz #1 Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16228 battles

Hello WG and fellow WoT community.

Apology if this has been mentioned already but since we have new swedish tier 8 - 10 coming quite soon, how come we have not seen any new swe medium premium tank to boost your crew? Yes I know we got that tier 6 M/42-57 AL but what about that "tier 8 Lansen C" project or how come we did not get to buy that tier 8 Primo Victoira, considering we also got Frontline mode now as we speak?

Thanks in advance and let's have an open and healthy discussion about this. As a 40yo gamer who have heared it all, leave the trashtalk out. As long it's constructive critisism I'm all ears. Again if this has been discussed already, feel free to point me in the right direction with a link or something and I'll check it out. Have a good one and thanks for listening. 

EDIT: Yes this was also posted in the "suggestions tab".

Edited by vXCozmoz, 16 March 2019 - 06:20 AM.

Renesco #2 Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24973 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
I'm guessing they'll introduce something or at the very least sell the P. Victoria when the new tree is released, it's not like WG to miss out on a quick buck. In the mean time I'm very happy with my Strv 42/57 as a trainer even though it has only 3 crew.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:20 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Mainly because the swedish line consists of heavies at least from tier 8 upwards but that's about to change with the introduction of the new mediums branch.

Why'd you expect any criticism asking such a regular question? :)

vXCozmoz #4 Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16228 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 16 March 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

Why'd you expect any criticism asking such a regular question? :)

Considering there are many easy triggered *cough* millenials and below playing this game? WoT is a f2p game, which usually gets the bottom barrel of community. Trust me I've been namecalled for w/e, both ingame and forums =)

EDIT: Thanks to you both for replying. I'm not bashing on the tier 6 swe premium tank but imho higher tier usually means more crew/xp/silver. Sure if you can clip a mag in someone that's good but the tank is kinda sluggish and paper armor and at that tier and lower that it can face, tanks got such quick RoF so clipping a mag in someone without getting shot back is rare. Unless when you manage to flank someone already in a fight or just sniping.

Edited by vXCozmoz, 16 March 2019 - 06:31 AM.

Renesco #5 Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24973 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostvXCozmoz, on 16 March 2019 - 06:25 AM, said:

Considering there are many easy triggered *cough* millenials and below playing this game? WoT is a f2p game, which usually gets the bottom barrel of community. Trust me I've been namecalled for w/e, both ingame and forums =)

EDIT: Thanks to you both for replying. I'm not bashing on the tier 6 swe premium tank but imho higher tier usually means more crew/xp/silver. Sure if you can clip a mag in someone that's good but the tank is kinda sluggish and paper armor and at that tier and lower that it can face, tanks got such quick RoF so clipping a mag in someone without getting shot back is rare. Unless when you manage to flank someone already in a fight or just sniping.

Aye it's a hard tank to use, you tend to get greedy in it and since you are constantly facing tier 8s you tend to get some nasty return fire, The art of the 42/57 is to play it like a sneaky TD and risk yourself as little as possible, always taking the most cowardly positions! But you are right as a tier 6 it's got plenty of letdowns as a crew trainer since in the current MM you're mostly fighting tier 8s.

As for the triggered zoomers who show up in every thread, you have a block feature in your profile settings, you literally only have to block like 6 people and the forums are 200% better

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:13 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12162 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Well, if you are (un)lucky we might get another grindathon for a bloated bundle.

Renesco #7 Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24973 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 16 March 2019 - 07:13 AM, said:

Well, if you are (un)lucky we might get another grindathon for a bloated bundle.

Dude just commit 185 hours to this grind and receive this copy/paste tank from the tech tree but 35% more credits which we'll sell for 30 euro anyway in a month

t. Wargaming

Maauru #8 Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20939 battles

View PostvXCozmoz, on 16 March 2019 - 05:03 AM, said:

... how come we have not seen any new swe medium premium tank to boost your crew? Yes I know we got that tier 6 M/42-57 AL but ...

From what I seen about new T8-10 Swedish MT they will have same crew layout (Commander, Gunner, Driver) as STRV M/42-57 ALT A.2 (Tier 6).

That make STRV M/42-57 ALT A.2 great crew trainer for new Swedish MT line. Sure, you can not grind crew in Frontlines in it because it is Tier6 but having same crew layout make it great crew trainer specially as there are only 3 crew members mening you get faster benefits from Accelerated Crew Training enabled.

So, from pure crew training perspective (not counting silver grind which is of course higher in T8 premiums) it is actually IMHO very good crew trainer for that new line.

Edited by Maauru, 16 March 2019 - 07:58 AM.

vXCozmoz #9 Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16228 battles

View PostMaauru, on 16 March 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

From what I seen about new T8-10 Swedish MT they will have same crew layout (Commander, Gunner, Driver) as STRV M/42-57 ALT A.2 (Tier 6).

That make STRV M/42-57 ALT A.2 great crew trainer for new Swedish MT line. Sure, you can not grind crew in Frontlines in it because it is Tier6 but having same crew layout make it great crew trainer specially as there are only 3 crew members mening you get faster benefits from Accelerated Crew Training enabled.

So, from pure crew training perspective (not counting silver grind which is of course higher in T8 premiums) it is actually IMHO very good crew trainer for that new line.

Thank you for your reply and opinion. I do agree and that you have a point. I am basicly only interested in the crew training part and yes STRV M/42-57 (tier 6) is sufficient, tier 8 granting more silver and all that. I just feel that tier 8 like that Primo Victoria, Lansen C they've spoken of or something else is even better. I mean higher tier = more crew xp. Easier to get higher total damage delt in tier 8 then tier 6. I had some good games with STRV M/42-57. Like 7 kills. 3k dmg and about 1000 spotted. I would like to see how much a good match in tier 8 would bring, crew xp vise. Again I still agree it's still a good tank since, unless changed, the new swe meds will only have 3 crew members: Commander, Driver and Gunner.

https://thedailyboun...swedish-medium/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users