PREMIUM TANKS-

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Maximu_invader #1 Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 42410 battles
  • [DTJO] DTJO

Hi guys,remember those days we had premium tanks that were little bit worse than regular tier8 tanks? Did you liked it more or you like the way it is now? I think it was fair but i dont think this new OP tanks are so unfair,but i think there was some other ways to introduce new premiums into the game. 

Back in those days we complained about getting better tanks for purchase,now we have tanks like defender,chrysler etc,which are to good for its tier.I agree that players who give money to WG should have some benefits but not like this.

I assume all of you would like premiums to be at least as their regular counterpart,but with some benefits.

Well we all know that premiums have benefit of earning more credits and crew XP,but lets just imagine we need some more.

Here is what i would do,imagine your favourite tank is t32 or is3,they are balanced in my opinion,so lets make a premium version tanks that are like those two (some changed stats so its not all the same but very similar). Well i would make those tanks with special MM +1/-1 so that it cant get into tier10 that means you dont have to spend gold ammo,but also make it that  lowest tier it can face is T7. Tank like t32 or Is3 would be competitive in those games,but not so OP and gamewining tank. I think it would be enough reward for players who paid for those tanks,not getting defender and going into the T10 MM and waiting to be killed so you can get into the next one and dominate in tier 8MM. What do you think? Do you agree that premium tanks should be like regular at most,but with preferential MM?

kaneloon #2 Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30021 battles
  • [FR2DB] FR2DB
Buy an IS-6 ?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:32 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY
It's a good idea but i think it's too late now!

OMG_Abaddon #4 Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP
T32 is a TTT not a premium. And yes it would have been awesome if premium tanks were weaker with preferential MM for me but I can't really change anything, and the frustration is too big. Best thing to do is try to enjoy what we have now until someone else makes a better game and we can actually make the final choice.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32371 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

If WG make balanced tanks the players cry they are worthless. If WG makes strong tanks the players cry they are P2W.

And then those same players wonder why WG don't think their opinion is worth listening to...

OMG_Abaddon #6 Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 March 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

If WG make balanced tanks the players cry they are worthless. If WG makes strong tanks the players cry they are P2W.

And then those same players wonder why WG don't think their opinion is worth listening to...

More like payers not enjoying their 60€ trash investment and WG reacting accordingly to boost sales.

Bracciano_gatto #7 Posted 16 March 2019 - 11:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2474 battles

WoT is now pay to win, as simple as that.

Zoltan1251 #8 Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13286 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 16 March 2019 - 11:49 AM, said:

WoT is now pay to win, as simple as that.

its not... its "pay to have slightly better statistics"

Bordhaw #9 Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13572 battles

View PostMaximu_invader, on 16 March 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Here is what i would do,imagine your favourite tank is t32 or is3,they are balanced in my opinion,so lets make a premium version tanks that are like those two (some changed stats so its not all the same but very similar). Well i would make those tanks with special MM +1/-1 so that it cant get into tier10 that means you dont have to spend gold ammo,but also make it that  lowest tier it can face is T7. Tank like t32 or Is3 would be competitive in those games,but not so OP and gamewining tank. I think it would be enough reward for players who paid for those tanks,not getting defender and going into the T10 MM and waiting to be killed so you can get into the next one and dominate in tier 8MM. What do you think? Do you agree that premium tanks should be like regular at most,but with preferential MM?

Unfortunately, that's not what players want. They want ever more OP tanks. So that's what WG produce. 

Balc0ra #10 Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70155 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMaximu_invader, on 16 March 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Hi guys,remember those days we had premium tanks that were little bit worse than regular tier8 tanks? Did you liked it more or you like the way it is now? I think it was fair but i dont think this new OP tanks are so unfair,but i think there was some other ways to introduce new premiums into the game. 

Back in those days we complained about getting better tanks for purchase,now we have tanks like defender,chrysler etc,which are to good for its tier.I agree that players who give money to WG should have some benefits but not like this.

Well. Back in the day the premiums were overall worse, even more so if they had pref MM. But had one or two stats that were flat out better then the normal counterpart. Lowe had a better turret due to the shape and pen on the gun vs the Tiger II. Now after the latest series of buffs. Less so. As even his side armor is better off. And is considered one of the more balanced tier 8 HT's. T26E4 had more armor than the normal Pershing. But now he even has a better gun with more pen, and pref MM. Times changes even for some of those.

View PostMaximu_invader, on 16 March 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

One of the things WG did that I did not mind... was copy cat premiums. As in premiums that are more or less 90 to 100% the same as their normal counterpart. Rudy and Cromwell B being two perfect examples. But even so, you can't change the premiums already there. And that's the issue. T32 as top tier is a great tank. But it suffers the same way as the IS-6 in one way. When it sees equal tier games due to the OP tanks you did mention. As there was a time when everything had 220mm as the weakest part head on. And when a T32 goes to the HT lane and sees Defenders, Patriots and VK 100.01's. 198 pen will only get him that far. So... you do have to spend gold ammo on that one still. It's one of the tanks I hope will get some attention this year. I only have played mine during FL last year and this year. And there it's fine as you can flank due to the size of the map. But head on defending cap C vs Defender? Forget about it. 30% chance on the lower plate, auto bounce on the upper hull and turret. Can't overmatch the roof plate and the cupola is not easy to hit at med range. IS-3 has the pen to work as a +1 premium. But T32 suffers the same way the Chrysler K does. Can't pen it self or anything else that was released around the same time.

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53361 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. Your idea is poor OP.

2. If like me you still enjoy playing you want Wg to keep the servers running, and to do that they need to make a profit.

3. To make a profit they must sell some premium tanks.

4. The business model of grinding through tech trees does not permit for those tanks to have -1/+1 mm the whole time, or else players would not use real money ie gold to skip modules.

5. SerB's old rule that the premium tanks should be better than the stock equivalent, but not as good as the elite version should be re-emphasized.

6. Blame that idiot Murazor who got sacked from balance. Under his control VK 100.01, Defender/Object 252U and Chrysler K came into the game. At least he was fired, but those were introduced.

7. T32 is still better than T34. IS3 is still better than IS3A. Sadly IS3 is worse than Defender/Object 252U but we know who to blame for that. Object 416 is better than STG/Guard.

8. Lowe used to be worse than an elite Tiger II but has been over buffed. SuperPershing used to be worse than the M26 Pershing but has been over buffed. WG cannot now nerf the Lowe or the SuperPershing without offering the purchaser's  refunds and they do not wish to do that. WG had one round of offering cash refunds to customers when they originally nerfed the SuperPershing and they do not wish to repeat that experience.

9. OP is you want preferential MM, then either (a) play tier IX, or (b) purchase a preferential MM tank (I would not recommend this presently until we see the result of the new improved MM ie reverting the MM to what it was prior to patch 9.18.1 when WG screwed it up).

Edited by arthurwellsley, 16 March 2019 - 02:29 PM.

NoobySkooby #12 Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16116 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostZoltan1251, on 16 March 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

its not... its "pay to have slightly better statistics"

Ha ha, only if your good enough, I have some of the best premiums there are, and it makes a me a better player not one bit,but I care not where I used to play for hours each day, if I can manage 4 hours a week then that is what it is, and the hourly count per week is on the decline, which overall is a good thing.

kisli #13 Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36285 battles
  • [HOOP] HOOP
Kinda ironic, you pay so you can play less.

Edited by kisli, 16 March 2019 - 03:30 PM.

NoobySkooby #14 Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16116 battles
  • [S052] S052

View Postkisli, on 16 March 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Kinda ironic, you pay so you can play less.

Lets just say the very real addiction has worn off, almost cold turkey now.

vasilinhorulezz #15 Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23240 battles

Personally, I don't mind tanks that are equal to their tech tree counterparts, but I do dislike selling tanks flat out better or even completely OP or broken.

Still, there have been some cases of premiums that were completely crap, and yea, people don't like to buy crap, although, some of them have/had their gimmick,

like the EVEN 90, pretty bad platform, but with it's size and camo rating, it can be really useful in some situations, or the IS-6, pretty bad gun for it's tier, but a reload of less than 10 sec,

gave it very respectable dpm, in comparison to the IS-3.

Bucifel #16 Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34701 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

old ones all day - money for WG WITHOUT p2w

just remember premium tanks role and their advantages : making credits and training crew ! So buyers always had their advantage !

easy, healthy, proffitable and most important...HAPPY PLAYERS, ALL OF THEM...EVERYTHING what you could want

now?? P2W, angry f2p players or WAY less of them, this 100% will affect WG proffits on LONG TERM, game is sick now...and they make efforts to do everything...

just tell me after all this...what was better?

:facepalm:

* BALANCE YOUR GAME WITHOUT P2W !!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users