• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

FloxAir #1 Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10785 battles
  • [HOT-A] HOT-A

Nothing much to say here.

Usually after 18:00H, my connection looks like this, and as you might imagine, it's quite impossible to play.

Is it from my end? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Attached Files

• Attached File   WoTanks lag.JPG   191.79K

Edited by FloxAir, 17 March 2019 - 01:10 AM.

SuedKAT #2 Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The 40% PL that remain from hop 3 till the end is the issue, how exactly are you connected to the internet, you got a computer that's connected either via cable/wife (preferably cable) and then your router, does it leave your house after that or do you have any other equipment after that? 

However 18.00 is about when everyone get home and use the internet so it's a possibility it's your local ISP's network that get overloaded.

Homer_J #3 Posted 17 March 2019 - 08:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31407 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You have an unusual setup there, the first few hops are in your ISP or some other network connecting you to your ISP.

Like my learned friend above says, what kind of internet connection is it, all those 10.x.x.x IP addresses are unusual, the last time I saw this is was some kind of local internet reseller basically sharing one internet connection to a whole district via wireless repeaters.

FloxAir #4 Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10785 battles
  • [HOT-A] HOT-A

View PostSuedKAT, on 17 March 2019 - 06:03 AM, said:

The 40% PL that remain from hop 3 till the end is the issue, how exactly are you connected to the internet, you got a computer that's connected either via cable/wife (preferably cable) and then your router, does it leave your house after that or do you have any other equipment after that? 

However 18.00 is about when everyone get home and use the internet so it's a possibility it's your local ISP's network that get overloaded.

I'm connected via cable, with 200M download speed and 20M upload. For equipment is the TV Box only, and every other PC here is setup by wifi.

10:31 Added after 6 minutes

View PostHomer_J, on 17 March 2019 - 08:39 AM, said:

You have an unusual setup there, the first few hops are in your ISP or some other network connecting you to your ISP.

Like my learned friend above says, what kind of internet connection is it, all those 10.x.x.x IP addresses are unusual, the last time I saw this is was some kind of local internet reseller basically sharing one internet connection to a whole district via wireless repeaters.

I live in Portugal and those 10.x.x.x IP addresses are, AFAIK, portuguese server addresses. So I'm lean to think that is something from my ISP, am I right?

Homer_J #5 Posted 17 March 2019 - 12:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31407 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFloxAir, on 17 March 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

I live in Portugal and those 10.x.x.x IP addresses are, AFAIK, portuguese server addresses. 

They are not Portuguese IP addresses although they may be servers in Portugal, anything starting in 10. is reserved for private IP addresses.  Same with anything starting 192.168

I'm connected via cable, with 200M download speed and 20M upload. 

OK, you connect your equipment to a box (your router), how does that connect to your ISP?

So I'm lean to think that is something from my ISP

That's how it looks unless there is something between your router and the ISP.  Send them the trace and see what they say.

SuedKAT #6 Posted 17 March 2019 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Firstly I realized I wrote wife instead of wifi above, well easy mistake to make since both can annoy you :P

As Homer said above hop 2-4 seems a bit strange, however my guess considering your setup is that those addresses belong to your ISP's Cable Modem Termination System or CMTS for short, they are also referred to as Universal Broadband Router (uBR) but if I'm not mistaken that's a Cisco term only. I'm also guessing that your modem connects to the "wall" so to speak with a coaxial cable, so you're basically routed from your modem via coaxial cable to the CMTS which then translates the coax interface to the ethernet interface and your then routed into the rest of your ISP's infrastructure and the web.

So my guess would be that after 18.00 when people are utilizing the internet quite heavily in your local area your ISP's infrastructure can't really handle the load, as Homer mentioned above I'd contact the ISP if I were you and explain the situation, possibly they might be able to fix it, they can perhaps reroute your traffic or perhaps even fix their setup but it's an ISP we're talking about so unlikely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users