Jump to content


Seriously WG? renaming a user because he has weed in his name...

fucking lame

  • Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

erotic_hamster #21 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:37 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 480 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    09-21-2013

View PostMeetriX, on 19 March 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

It failed as soon as I clicked.

  • cumJK59U
  • ALDVAU58
  • C9cmpf5C
  • 3WX8X6pV
  • jFshYw9

 

Ah I see. But you can set it to only use numbers!

wsatnutter #22 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:47 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26829 battles
  • 9,721
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
we live in a snowflake society !!!!!!!!!!!god [edited]forbid if little Johnny gets offended

Homer_J #23 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33364 battles
  • 37,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Posterotic_hamster, on 19 March 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

 

Ah I see. But you can set it to only use numbers!

 

That wouldn't stop you hitting on something offensive, plus certain combinations of numbers are explicitly banned.

EllemennT #24 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42364 battles
  • 1,976
  • [DSTAR] DSTAR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2015

I just didn't spend any money on WG. Twice. For the first time when I got to 70% in the EBR challenge, for the 2nd during last week of FL when I had 30% coupon and was wondering whether I should buy week of premium. Seeing threads like this one makes me happy and even quite proud that I kept my wallet closed.

 

Oh and my entertainment money went somewhere else. To a developer that actually cares for their player base.



Jigabachi #25 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:54 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 21,021
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Post7thSyndicate, on 19 March 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Why is WG so sensitive with nicknames/numbers/inscriptions, i agree with some offensive words but this is pathetic... bunch of soy boys.

That's not even the problem.

That kind of  inconsistency is what's just laughable. They ban minor stuff like "weed", while we have lots of really nasty names around, ranging from Hitlers to rapers and whatnot.



brevlada #26 Posted 19 March 2019 - 08:56 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17791 battles
  • 136
  • [SYFY] SYFY
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013
Well OXIDE clan had a competition of who would get their name flagged first, so the have people like *edited*   and *edited* , to be fair *edited* is an actual dinosaur, but you would think that would need to be changed 

Edited by Jahpero, 19 March 2019 - 10:38 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming.


qpranger #27 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38889 battles
  • 5,933
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013

View Posterotic_hamster, on 19 March 2019 - 09:37 AM, said:

 

Ah I see. But you can set it to only use numbers!

 

Dude,,, your username... feels kinda strange even to me.

DuncaN_101 #28 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:16 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 57143 battles
  • 3,281
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

View PostUserZer00, on 19 March 2019 - 08:26 AM, said:

Do I have time to make popcorn before this is moderated?

Hmmm. Salted or caramel?

I'll bring the beer 



arthurwellsley #29 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54415 battles
  • 4,061
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

The problems;

1. WG implement their own rules in an inconsistent manner.

2. WG rely too heavily on automated responses to tickets.

3. WG employers do not take the time or trouble to listen to and fully understand customer requests.

 

The solutions;

1. Better management of customer services.

2. Employ more humans in customer services.

3. Employ more native English speakers.

 

Personally I think point 3 in solutions above has a great deal to do with the perception amongst the customers that WG has exceptionally poor customer service. WG need to spend more money on an increase in the number of human employees who have English as a first language and not as a second language. Any English language speaker seeing the evidence (a screen shot which was produced from World of Warcraft) that EmeraldWeed was a restro-druid avatar back in 2007 would not have banned the name, because they would have fully understood the context.

 

I have to say that the same point is also clear from forum moderation, WG needs to employ native English speakers to moderate the English language forum, and not rely on employees who have English as a second language, because they fail to understand context and slang and also fall into error.

 

The fact that EmeraldWeed appeared in some of WG's own "Best Replays" videos, and the WG employee Luke Kneller repeatedly read the name out during a WG production shows (a) how annodyne the name was to a native English speaker, and (b) how hugely inconsistent WG can be. Some would even say capricious.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 19 March 2019 - 09:31 AM.


erotic_hamster #30 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:34 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 480 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    09-21-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 19 March 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

 

That wouldn't stop you hitting on something offensive, plus certain combinations of numbers are explicitly banned.

You are ofc right.

The only fix is that we identify the offensive numbers, and all have usernames be randomly drawn from a sequence starting from 0000000001 going up from there leaving out the dangerous numbers. That should make us safe.

Think of the kids otherwise!

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE THINK OF THE KIDS?!?!?!

 

 

View Postqpranger, on 19 March 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

 

Dude,,, your username... feels kinda strange even to me.

 

...

 

Don't judge!

It's not strange. 

It's perfectly legit to be an erotic hamster.


Edited by erotic_hamster, 19 March 2019 - 09:43 AM.


Emerald_322 #31 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:40 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14815 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

Seriously guys i love you, i got so much support from you, people who i don't know in forums and in game messages.

 

I wish i could post screenshots of the supports replies.  I got treated like a criminal  with sentences like ''After investigating on the situation, we could see that you broke our game rules and that your behavior has no place in our games'' 

i got linked into rules as :  2.23. Any attempt to create nicknames, groups, or organized communities of players associated in any fashion with organizations which violate any applicable laws or regulations is prohibited. This includes but not limited to, direct or indirect references to Nazi symbols, abbreviations and well known leaders

and 3.11 which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.

 

They admitted that the word weed it's not offensive and they justified it on the language barrier, that people from other countries might have another take on the name etc.  And now they close my tickets straight away. 

i wish i could find other means to fight it  but besides raising awareness there is nothing i can do 

 

Or perhaps instead of  paying gold to rename i could make  a competition to give the gold to the one who makes the more tickets ? :) 

08:44 Added after 4 minutes
This was my ticket that they so kindly ignored and closed, sums up my feelings 

Hello, i would like to appeal again about the nickname change. My name ''Emeraldweed'' was considered by your staff as inappropriate and connected to drugs although it has nothing to do with it and in general i found the way i was handled poor at best.

Weed means unwanted plant as the support even acknowledged: https://imgur.com/opmlQCn 
Also i found an old ticket with you guys helping me capitalize the first letter of my name with no issues: 
https://imgur.com/ggzDecX

I explained the reasoning of my name, i used to play resto druid in blizzard's world of warcraft where i picked this name as you can see the forum post i made in 2009: https://imgur.com/ohbkmxL

I created a forum post where people agreed on that the desicion to rename me was way too overstretched: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/703028-back-with-a-surprise/

Another forum user pointed out that more than 300 other players have the word ''weed'' in their names https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/#wot&at_search=weed

I was also featured on Best replays of the week with the commentator using my name and the word weed multiple times : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olBWr7rCaXU

Please help me out, i've been playing this game for 7 years with no issues, no bans etc 
I've supported the game with over 2k in purchased goods 
7 years of building a reputation, people know me and recognize me by my name and yet the support wants to destroy everything just by a mishandled situation. 
There is no way i can continue playing this game under any other alias, there is no way i will let 7 years go down the drain.

Thanks in advance 
Emeraldweed



TheDrownedApe #32 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:47 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51229 battles
  • 6,629
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

literally reading this as game starting and saw this bloke on my team

 

*edited*  

wow


Edited by Jahpero, 19 March 2019 - 10:47 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to an unwanted nickname.


jabster #33 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • 26,645
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostRenamedUser_503555503, on 19 March 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

Seriously guys i love you, i got so much support from you, people who i don't know in forums and in game messages.

 

I wish i could post screenshots of the supports replies.  I got treated like a criminal  with sentences like ''After investigating on the situation, we could see that you broke our game rules and that your behavior has no place in our games'' 

i got linked into rules as :  2.23. Any attempt to create nicknames, groups, or organized communities of players associated in any fashion with organizations which violate any applicable laws or regulations is prohibited. This includes but not limited to, direct or indirect references to Nazi symbols, abbreviations and well known leaders

and 3.11 which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.

 

They admitted that the word weed it's not offensive and they justified it on the language barrier, that people from other countries might have another take on the name etc.  And now they close my tickets straight away. 

i wish i could find other means to fight it  but besides raising awareness there is nothing i can do 

 

Or perhaps instead of  paying gold to rename i could make  a competition to give the gold to the one who makes the more tickets ? :) 

08:44 Added after 4 minutes
This was my ticket that they so kindly ignored and closed, sums up my feelings 

Hello, i would like to appeal again about the nickname change. My name ''Emeraldweed'' was considered by your staff as inappropriate and connected to drugs although it has nothing to do with it and in general i found the way i was handled poor at best.

Weed means unwanted plant as the support even acknowledged: https://imgur.com/opmlQCn 
Also i found an old ticket with you guys helping me capitalize the first letter of my name with no issues: 
https://imgur.com/ggzDecX

I explained the reasoning of my name, i used to play resto druid in blizzard's world of warcraft where i picked this name as you can see the forum post i made in 2009: https://imgur.com/ohbkmxL

I created a forum post where people agreed on that the desicion to rename me was way too overstretched: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/703028-back-with-a-surprise/

Another forum user pointed out that more than 300 other players have the word ''weed'' in their names https://worldoftanks.eu/en/community/accounts/#wot&at_search=weed

I was also featured on Best replays of the week with the commentator using my name and the word weed multiple times : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olBWr7rCaXU

Please help me out, i've been playing this game for 7 years with no issues, no bans etc 
I've supported the game with over 2k in purchased goods 
7 years of building a reputation, people know me and recognize me by my name and yet the support wants to destroy everything just by a mishandled situation. 
There is no way i can continue playing this game under any other alias, there is no way i will let 7 years go down the drain.

Thanks in advance 
Emeraldweed

 

I can’t say I'd ever made a drug connection with you name but, and no this isn’t some kinda gotcha question, where did it come from as it no sure how tree of lipped gets to weed.

Edited by jabster, 19 March 2019 - 09:54 AM.


Emerald_322 #34 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14815 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View Postjabster, on 19 March 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

 

I can’t say I'd ever made a drug connection with you name but, and no this isn’t some kinda gotcha question, where did it come from?

 

Played world of warcraft  back in 2007 i was playing a restoration druid  a class that uses ''nature'' spells to heal others and its highly attached to everything floral that class uses a shapeshift form to heal which the form its a tree. Also druids have a realm called ''emerald dream''  so the name is a cobination of those two  as mentioned in the screenshot 

 

https://wow.gamepedi...m/Emerald_Dream

https://imgur.com/ohbkmxL  

https://worldofwarcr...rr/emeraldweed 

 

 



jabster #35 Posted 19 March 2019 - 09:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12813 battles
  • 26,645
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostRenamedUser_503555503, on 19 March 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

 

Played world of warcraft  back in 2007 i was playing a restoration druid  a class that uses ''nature'' spells to heal others and its highly attached to everything floral that class uses a shapeshift form to heal which the form its a tree. Also druids have a realm called ''emerald dream''  so the name is a cobination of those two  as mentioned in the screenshot 

 

https://wow.gamepedi...m/Emerald_Dream

https://imgur.com/ohbkmxL  

https://worldofwarcr...rr/emeraldweed 

 

 

 

No problems, I did read the post but didn’t really understand how Weed got in there. 

TheDrownedApe #36 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:04 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51229 battles
  • 6,629
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

*edited*   Whoever writes their rules to follow needs firing now as they are ruining their (already bad) reputation with us, the players and those that keep the game going.

 

However i do expect our resident two-faced community manager to come here and "save the day". You see, this thread has major forum support, concerns a forumite from a known clan and is clearly unjust...oh hang on

 

 


Edited by Jahpero, 19 March 2019 - 10:51 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


The_Naa #37 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:06 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10238 battles
  • 1,799
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

All the "terrorist's" we have in this game is amazing.

And I used to be one of them, "no criminal organistaions" BAH.



tajj7 #38 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29072 battles
  • 17,317
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

As far as I can tell support operates pretty much like moderation does, they firefight, like drones. Someone reports something, they briefly look it and apply the rules whatever, even if there is room for interpretation or context, they go to the extreme.

 

Meanwhile, there is little to no policing so people actually breaking the rules get away with it because they don't get reported.

 

Basically some vindictive person probably got beaten by Emerald, took their butthurt to support and some drone applied the name change. 

 

It creates no trust with the community and there is no consistency, you can't have a set of rules that is applied randomly, either you strictly enforce it and achieve consistency or you don't bother applying the rule at all because all you end up doing is annoying good members of the community. 



arthurwellsley #39 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:09 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54415 battles
  • 4,061
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Posttajj7, on 19 March 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

As far as I can tell support operates pretty much like moderation does, they firefight, like drones. Someone reports something, they briefly look it and apply the rules whatever, even if there is room for interpretation or context, they go to the extreme.

 

Meanwhile, there is little to no policing so people actually breaking the rules get away with it because they don't get reported.

 

Basically some vindictive person probably got beaten by Emerald, took their butthurt to support and some drone applied the name change. 

 

It creates no trust with the community and there is no consistency, you can't have a set of rules that is applied randomly, either you strictly enforce it and achieve consistency or you don't bother applying the rule at all because all you end up doing is annoying good members of the community. 

 

Bold and underlined due to it being a statement of truth.



Cobra6 #40 Posted 19 March 2019 - 10:15 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • 18,018
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

If he was allowed to sport that name for years and years and years, there *REALLY* is no valid argument anymore for changing it. If it was "wrong" then it should not have been allowed to be created.

 

And who knows, maybe his name should be pronounced: Emeral-Tweed. But some mindless worker-bee in support just renamed him because "Weed" and "think of the kids" completely forgetting most kids from 10 years upwards sport far harsher profanities in daily life when "weed".

 

Cobra 6






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users