• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

denisslovin #1 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 17433 battles
  • [DNCRO] DNCRO

Hellplayers!

I want to discuss whether WOT is fun or not.

It should be fun?

Taking into account how you progress in the game and how a battle takes place, can we say that the game is worth playing or is it just something stressful that just wants profit?

Will WG creators make the game fun and attractive or will they just resort to more means to earn more?

I play this game for 7 years and continue to play just because I still hope the game will come back and I will like it exactly what I liked it in the past.

Now when I click on that big red button I think about what map and MM I will have and how I can handle it.

Later I realize that I'm not in the best MM and there are also three artillery that will give me a permanent stun and will make my game harder even though I'm in the city or after a cover.

I do not feel much like the game is attractive even though I liked it before.

I tried to fight at other games but I do not like it andI'm so sorry that the game that excited me and made me tremble when I was alone came to a game in which the battles are very short, you are quickly eliminated and the artillery only keep you stunned and give you splash from 30 m.

I wish I could still enjoy the game once more.

What do you think, the WOT is too frustrating?

Is the game gone or I'm just too pretentious or bored?

Conclusion: 

If you play for fun, you will have fun

If you play to progress, the game will be frustrating

Thank you for your comments!

Edited by denisslovin, 20 March 2019 - 07:58 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to red color.

loot_the_supermarket #2 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:03 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8591 battles
10/10 for post formatting 

The_Naa #3 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6745 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
World of Tanks is amazing & fun and it will always be.

iztok #4 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:07 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
Unfortunately most of the time it's frustrating ... if one takes it too seriously.

UserZer00 #5 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12053 battles
A lot of the game is fun, but there are certainly features that detract from the fun.

They aren't going to be able to change the game so it is universally "fun" so players have to take what is offered and decide if it can be fun for them or not.

If not, don't play.  If you play wishing it were something else it will only end up in frustration.

(Major stretch of the imagination)
Look at the game as a marriage. If the benefits of staying married outweigh the bad element then till death do you part, if not, you don't even need a lawyer for the divorce.

Ringo_Star #6 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:12 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 58430 battles
  • [NIHIL] NIHIL
Maybe I am crazy, but I am enjoying the game now a lot more than before. I've been playing this game since closed beta and in my opinion the game has improved a lot over this 8 years, despite some flaws. WV are real breath of fresh air and I am hoping they will introduce even more dynimic classes into the game. I would also like more end-game content like campaigns, marathons and mods like FL or ranked battles.
Tl, Dr
I am a happy tanker.

Edited by Ringo_Star, 20 March 2019 - 11:13 AM.

TPpie #7 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16230 battles

WoT is fun.

Spoiler

BR33K1_PAWAH #8 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postdenisslovin, on 20 March 2019 - 01:01 PM, said:

I play this game for 7 years and continue to play just because I still hope the game will come back and I will like it exactly what I liked it in the past.

It wont. Game came quite a long way from the unplayable bs that it was.

And rather than hope for something that just can't happen, more logical for you bud would be to try something different from WoT. WoWP mb?

jack_timber #9 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38453 battles

If you don't take it seriously and play it for what it is it's a great game.

If you play it seriously though... Often wonder why some take it so serious, not me it's a nice distraction and have some good laughs usually at my expense.

Ch1valry #10 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39708 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
The funniest part of World of Tanks is the incompetence of WG. They never seem to disappoint at that.

NoobySkooby #11 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:52 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16150 battles

View Postiztok, on 20 March 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

Unfortunately most of the time it's frustrating ... if one takes it too seriously.

It is an out right exercise in frustration and anger if you just play fr fun, all games should be fun, but then we have stats to shame people with, some find fun in that:trollface:

PowJay #12 Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38944 battles

My eyes hurt. :confused:

Balc0ra #13 Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70955 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postdenisslovin, on 20 March 2019 - 11:01 AM, said:

What do you think, the WOT is too frustrating?

Is the game gone or I'm just too pretentious or bored?

That depends. Do you just grind to progress? Or play tanks you find fun or interesting more so then progress to balance it? As I do the last more so than the first. If I only did the first I would def say it's too frustrating. But like any game, you only have as much fun as you can find or make. And if you can't find the fun in any tank. Elite or stock. Then why play?

It's why I have as many games in the Luch or Crom B to name a few. Not to pad or to train crew or to grind credits. It's because they are my go-to fun tanks. Giving me a dose of fun to stick around longer. And there are days I don't grind at all if I don't have any fun grinds. Standard B was a fun grind. So then I played it daily. IS-M less so. Then I had days of just playing the Swedish Leo, Su-100, E25, Luchs, Cromb B or anything else I find fun. As these are tanks I don't care about MM or anything else they might get. If you can't find fun in anything, why play a game at all?

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:25 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22780 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The funniest part of WoT are the people who seemingly find nothing good in WoT or WG but still keep playing the game.

Zoltan1251 #15 Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13718 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
clocking in 6 years now.... the game is in the best state its ever been.... if you focus on what is bad, you will see the game as bad, its psychology at its finest.... you dont focus on your good games, only the bad ones, they will stay in your memory... thats why forum is flooded with whine posts about how bad the game is and WG dont listen... they do, its just community will always focus on bad stuff instead of improvements thats been done....

if you want to have fun you have to change your mindset first and focus on fun aspect

Rati_Festa #16 Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48656 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Its fun at the start when you are learning the ropes and pimping tanks etc, when you realise that XVM exists it suddenly changes I suppose depending on your outlook of playing a game do you want to get better, get to numerous t10 tanks ( this was my main goal in past years ) or just play.

If you chose "get better" or high tier play you then enter the murky world of prem account/vehicles and gold usage which has been discussed at length in numerous posts. I'm sat on the fence on this one, as I had no issue with gold ammo in particular at first, but then WG started introducing vehicles where using it against them ( or actually firing prem ammo ) was the best option in 99% of the scenarios.

One of the oddities in this game, is WG have separated themselves from the stats of the game ie XVM but they know people ( a lot misguidedly ) buy the product from them to improve their chances of increasing these 3rd party stats. This is exacerbated by XVM being visible in matches and it as with lots of things in life that primarily involve men it becomes well an epeen. This is where the "fun" starts to become questionable as if you are trying to improve this stat you will need to make an investment in cash/time/learning in varying degrees.

Personally I've started to see XVM as a bit of a joke, it can be padded/altered to quite a degree depending on your garage/cash/meta knowledge rather than actual in game skill its more a check on if you know the meta of the game rather than can you actually play in matches.

The MM/balance/maps adds to this puzzle.

I play t10 in my newly bought k91, 6 skill crew my wn8 after 26 games is 1546 wr 53.85% ( basically very close to my global )

I play t9 in leo PTA 7 sklll crew my wn8 2440 wr 53.42%  ( very much high wn8 ;)

I play t8 t44 100 6 skill crew wn8 2830 wr 57.85% ( both stats high for me )

So my global wn8 score is basically just jibberish because depending on what tier I play.... I'm either average joe ( t10 ) or near unicum ( t8 ) in the same class vehicle. Basically, I can just play the meta of the game to get a very high wn8.... but I'm average at t10 still.

Am I playing against better players at t10?

Probably slightly yes,

Are the maps different... no,

Are the tanks different... yes, the game completely flips on its head at t10 half of what you learn in the preceding 9 tiers is totally irrelevant. It's the equivalent of spending years learning to sword fight and suddenly being put against someone using a lightsaber :)

There is basically no incentive imo at all to play t10, my wn8 plateaus, I lose credits, the gameplay is different and worst of all boring... etc etc ( t10 is probably the worst tier )

Before anyone mentions WN8 isn't part of the game blah blah blah.... it's a driving force for a lot of players to spend money on this game ( rightly or wrongly ) as they think there is a chance of improving their standing in the community. The whole competitiveness, balance, stat reporting at higher tiers needs addressing root and branch to get the game back on track ( not wheels :p ) I know it's not going to happen, but taking the game seriously anymore is pointless as I don't think WG take it seriously.

So it is funny how WG have completely messed their game up. A grinding game where the end content is inferior, the stats albeit third party don't really give a clear indication.

Emerald_322 #17 Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13482 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
I rarely laugh  at anything in this game but i do get the occasional smile when my derp sheridan hits a target at  300 meters for 1k +. In general i think the competitive nature of the game doesn't allow a lot of laughs

Enherjaren #18 Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66958 battles
  • [DOUBT] DOUBT
Nope, it stopped being fun long time ago... I mostly play it 'cause I'm pot committed to this disney game. 

kisli #19 Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36308 battles
  • [HOOP] HOOP
What's funny is that WG has only one successful game and they still think of themselves as of eastern Valve.

Also tagged with wot, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users