OreH75 #2 Posted 20 March 2019 - 11:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 52835 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 20 March 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

Happy new year to all who celebrate Persian calendar new year "Norooz" 

and to WG who fail to address the event

Omg WG EU dont address some kind of New Year that isnt celebrated in EU - the horror!

MegaDeltaFighter #3 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42297 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostOreH75, on 20 March 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

Omg WG EU dont address some kind of New Year that isnt celebrated in EU - the horror!

WG EU already address Chinese new year and other out of the region events, and we in the middle east and central Asia are in the EU server region.

from IP address region point of view we are in RIPE (EU) region as well,

I guess I helped you learn some thing you didn't know

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:26 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25937 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Remember Thermopylae...!  :izmena:

Happy Norooz to you. ;)

OreH75 #5 Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 52835 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 21 March 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

WG EU already address Chinese new year and other out of the region events, and we in the middle east and central Asia are in the EU server region.

from IP address region point of view we are in RIPE (EU) region as well,

I guess I helped you learn some thing you didn't know

Probably because there are more chines people living in EU then persians? And you didnt mentioned RIPE in your starting post so how can I know from what god forsaken location on the global map you are posting?

MegaDeltaFighter #6 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42297 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 21 March 2019 - 12:26 AM, said:

Remember Thermopylae...!  :izmena:

Happy Norooz to you. ;)

Yep!, remember all the things, but eyes kept wide open, and not from narrow minded politically motivated Hollywood movie's point of view

have fun and good luck

OMG_Abaddon #7 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13954 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Chinese new year is a very commercial day of the year, it's been celebrated for years now, and literally nobody out of Persia probably knows about this Persian day, like nobody knows about the French national day of baguettes and croissants, or the Spanish day of tossing a goat down a belfry.Literally climbed up the highest tower and tossed down a goat and I never cared to ask why.

I wonder why WG didn't celebrate the goat-tossing tradition of my country. Or bulls, why isn't there a day where all tanks are replaced with bulls and you are meant to ram each other? It would be the perfect moment to introduce tanks with legs now that we recently expanded into wheels, legged tanks can jump to dodge bullets and press the toggle mode key to start a sprint for 4x more speed and no turning that can take down even the heaviest tanks in one shot.

Seriously, if we all wanted our local traditions to be celebrated there would be no time for anything else, besides there are Chinese tanks so it makes sense to celebrate a Chinese event, I don't see camels around here to celebrate Persian stuff, etc.

MegaDeltaFighter #8 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:16 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42297 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostOreH75, on 21 March 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

Probably because there are more chines people living in EU then persians? And you didnt mentioned RIPE in your starting post so how can I know from what god forsaken location on the global map you are posting?

Iranian's living in EU continent should be about 1M, but the whole people who are originally from the nationality's in the region celebrating norooze should be more than 2M to have a wild guess.

but I should admit that those who are wot players are very limited. the reason for that could be the fact that WG tend to neglect them.

View PostOMG_Abaddon, on 21 March 2019 - 01:12 AM, said:

Chinese new year is a very commercial day of the year, it's been celebrated for years now, and literally nobody out of Persia probably knows about this Persian day, like nobody knows about the French national day of baguettes and croissants, or the Spanish day of tossing a goat down a belfry.Literally climbed up the highest tower and tossed down a goat and I never cared to ask why.

I wonder why WG didn't celebrate the goat-tossing tradition of my country. Or bulls, why isn't there a day where all tanks are replaced with bulls and you are meant to ram each other? It would be the perfect moment to introduce tanks with legs now that we recently expanded into wheels, legged tanks can jump to dodge bullets and press the toggle mode key to start a sprint for 4x more speed and no turning that can take down even the heaviest tanks in one shot.

Seriously, if we all wanted our local traditions to be celebrated there would be no time for anything else, besides there are Chinese tanks so it makes sense to celebrate a Chinese event, I don't see camels around here to celebrate Persian stuff, etc.

Arabs used to have camels for traveling, Persians are not Arab and they  have not more than you to do with camels that is a mistake some people do and is kind of offending. and I guess it's good to mention that we have many traditionally events to celebrate I am not naming and asking to be addresses, but new year is a bold and special event.

well,  I raised a point, you may disagree, that can be understood.

Obsessive_Compulsive #9 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:43 AM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 20 March 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

Happy new year to all who celebrate Persian calendar new year "Norooz" 

and to WG who fail to address the event

I will pass on this. thanks.

persian_attacker #10 Posted 21 March 2019 - 01:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13322 battles
|
I also support the Idea that norooz should be addressed by wargaming

ADMIRAL_ABOZAR #11 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14439 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

Persian calendar is based on the nature, Norooz (21st of march)  is the first day of new year and in that day, day and night length are equal it is also the first day of spring season, other seasons also have their accurate position in this calendar so, I think addressing norooz is also addressing a natural event as well , this is why I support the event to be addressed by WG as well. 

anti_unicum #12 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:04 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2246 battles
  • [IRANI] IRANI

happy new year,

I also support the event  to be addressed by WG

MeetriX #13 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:06 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 23863 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

Persia?

Cheese, how old are you?

Youngsters call it iRan.

Obsessive_Compulsive #14 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:16 AM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostADMIRAL_ABOZAR, on 21 March 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

Persian calendar is based on the nature, Norooz (21st of march)  is the first day of new year and in that day, day and night length are equal it is also the first day of spring season, other seasons also have their accurate position in this calendar so, I think addressing norooz is also addressing a natural event as well , this is why I support the event to be addressed by WG as well. 

load of nonsense, night and day have equal, length? prove it?

MegaDeltaFighter #15 Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42297 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostMeetriX, on 21 March 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Persia?

Cheese, how old are you?

Youngsters call it iRan.

Iran has been the name of the country for about the last 400 years. Iran means the land of Aryans.

the  previous and the old name has been Persia, it is still used but is not officially the name of country. however the language name is Persian

and you can see the name in other usages as well such as Persian carpet or Persian cat etc.

it is still used identical to Iran and Iranian.

01:20 Added after 3 minutes

View PostObsessive_Compulsive, on 21 March 2019 - 02:16 AM, said:

load of nonsense, night and day have equal, length? prove it?

facts does not need a proof,

have a look at this link:

https://www.timeandd...ch-equinox.html

or search the web to learn it by yourself

Edited by MegaDeltaFighter, 21 March 2019 - 02:21 AM.

jabster #16 Posted 21 March 2019 - 06:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostADMIRAL_ABOZAR, on 21 March 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

Clearing my bowels in the morning is also a natural event but I'm not expecting WG to address this.

MegaDeltaFighter #17 Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42297 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View Postjabster, on 21 March 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

Clearing my bowels in the morning is also a natural event but I'm not expecting WG to address this.

Clearing your bowels is not an event some nations with more than 400M population celebrate, I guess that's why your expectations are limited.

but I can not figure  out why you are going to offend the speaker by such a comparison.

jabster #18 Posted 21 March 2019 - 08:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 21 March 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

Clearing your bowels is not an event some nations with more than 400M population celebrate, I guess that's why your expectations are limited.

but I can not figure  out why you are going to offend the speaker by such a comparison.

I celebrate it every morning with a good sigh and I'm sure lots of other people do as well. Oh and I was enraged that WG missed the Summer Solstice yet again. That’s also a natural event in-case you were wondering.

MegaDeltaFighter #19 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42297 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View Postjabster, on 21 March 2019 - 08:49 AM, said:

I celebrate it every morning with a good sigh and I'm sure lots of other people do as well. Oh and I was enraged that WG missed the Summer Solstice yet again. That’s also a natural event in-case you were wondering.

summer solstice, winter solstice, spring equinox, autumn equinox,  are events included in Persian calendar and was calculated more than 2500 years ago and that events are when Persian seasons change and the first and last days of every month in that calendar has some natural meaning.

but forget it, you made a point I replied, I believe WG can address the event, you disagree (obviously you could let us know you were disagree without offending) that's all.

no need to carry on this conversation.

Obsessive_Compulsive #20 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:13 AM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 21 March 2019 - 02:17 AM, said:

Iran has been the name of the country for about the last 400 years. Iran means the land of Aryans.

the  previous and the old name has been Persia, it is still used but is not officially the name of country. however the language name is Persian

and you can see the name in other usages as well such as Persian carpet or Persian cat etc.

it is still used identical to Iran and Iranian.

01:20 Added after 3 minutes

facts does not need a proof,

have a look at this link:

https://www.timeandd...ch-equinox.html

or search the web to learn it by yourself

There are two equinoxes every year – in March and September – when the Sun shines directly on the equator and the length of night and day are nearly equal.

Facts do need proof thats what makes them facts.

One of us is wrong.

08:15 Added after 2 minutes

View PostMegaDeltaFighter, on 21 March 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

summer solstice, winter solstice, spring equinox, autumn equinox,  are events included in Persian calendar and was calculated more than 2500 years ago and that events are when Persian seasons change and the first and last days of every month in that calendar has some natural meaning.

but forget it, you made a point I replied, I believe WG can address the event, you disagree (obviously you could let us know you were disagree without offending) that's all.

no need to carry on this conversation.

more than 2500 years ago. Well down the road from me are some stones that are more than 5000 years old and they show the equinoxes really well.  I reckon some persian saw them 2500 years ago and thought wow thats cool lets make a calender!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users