Superb tanks rendering (with some minor flaws)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Zmago5000 #1 Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12101 battles

My profession is 3D CAD design,  yet I am very impressed with the renderings of  tanks in this game !

Its by far the main reason I am playing and enjoying this game the other beeeing historic nature of game that is not so weel-thought off,...

Renderings are very well done , specialy considering the moving nature of objects and zooming in and out. What impresses me mos,t are the moving parts (grousers, turrets, guns, wheels) that are moving in correlation with the main movement, for example, when a tank turns on spot the grousers turn in the opposite direction. Or when a tank rools over a hill, grousers follow the land profile,  WOW!

Another thing I noticed are shoots ,...when penetrated the tank actually gets a hole on the spot and carries that hole throuout the game,..and when bouced, the traces are seen on a turret, WOW.

Although I noticed also some minor flaws that annoys me a bit and maybe get improved,...

For example, the guns or hulls, only when zoomed in on max , are seen as surfaces rather that solids. this neglects overall  superb rendering.

Another example are wheeled vehicles, when on X drive (fast move) , the inner two pairs of wheels move up (WOW-well thought of! ), but unfortunately the wheels keep rotating, which of course is wrong, they should not rorate I think (correct me If I am wrong here)

_Gagi #2 Posted 21 March 2019 - 09:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15361 battles
Atleast renders are good when gameplay is pure cancer ;D, wargaming knows how to prioritize correctly right?

Rupolsky #3 Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1730 battles
  • [HUZ1] HUZ1
They do look great on my Pentium II.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users