• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

laulaur #21 Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47485 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

This 'change' is a joke. 

How about this change WG: limit arty to 1 per team and remove all arty missions. You know, if there is just one arty, there is no need to reduce the stun when you get hit being already stunned. Really, it's not rocket science to figure that...

Seeing this being sold to us players like a big change makes me wonder if WG staff are mentally challenged, or they just consider us players to be total [edited]. :sceptic:

rageman4u #22 Posted 23 March 2019 - 03:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16817 battles

Although i have also arty, i believe arties are overpowered. Range, reload or signal can be reduced. 

Today i was fightin against enemy heavies and got 1k damage from arty. 80 percent of my health is gone with one shot.

JocMeister #23 Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:01 AM

Major

• Player
  • 26497 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDr_Blackshark, on 22 March 2019 - 11:16 PM, said:

So the most of you must have heard of the upcoming changes to artilerry. And i would like that the developers get their facts straight. What they said in the video, are not changes......they are flat out NERFS and not small ones.

As an active arty player (5-6 arty rounds out of 20) i completely disagree with these ,,changes". I love the stun mechanics. This is what we received for the huge dmg nerf. What we have now is OK DPM and the stun. With this nerf they want to nerf it even more by reducing dmg, stun, and even the splash radius on one arty they mentioned. They say these changes will affect the artilerries in different ways, but lets just face it....They want to make them (let's say) half as useful as they are now.

This is outraging.

Mmmmmm. Clickerbot tears. My favorite. :trollface:

15JG52Brauer #24 Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 79638 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Still - what would you guys rather have - this nerf ,or max arty reduced to 1 pre game - WG could reduce the max damage you take by arty by 66% - and even dedicated clickers would be happy as not even arty players(well, those going for gun marks like me lol) want games with 3 arty. This "nerf" is just a placebo compared to what they could do  - no need for changes to mechanics that introduce no bugs - just limit arty to 1 per game.

Zenopop #25 Posted 23 March 2019 - 05:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37738 battles

at this present day playing Arty is one of the only things left keeping me playing the game which is sad to say - I never liked the Stun Mechanics when it originally came out now a new Nerf to stun on top - well my recent thoughts to find a new game is much higher than before - 

Arty was a dreaded thing on the battlefield Originally - I would agree though that 3 arties is way too much - I think people in general would be happy with one maximum arty per game but with the original Mechanics and damage 

Dr_Oolen #26 Posted 23 March 2019 - 07:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23358 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Not enough. The issue is simple - 3 clickers are unplayable, 2 clickers are borderline acceptable on some maps and if they dont decide to focus you whole game. 

So by my estimation the maximum amount of clickers in a game for the game not to be ruined is around the equivalent of 1.5-1.75 current clickers.

These changes are basically something like 15% nerf, but only to the stun aspect of clickers, not on any other annoying aspects. So at best these nerfs would make 2 clicker games fall into the 1.5-1.75 range. And it changes nothing at all about 3 clicker games being unplayable... So yeah, with these changes if they changed limit of clickers per game to 2, then yeah, would be kinda acceptable. But they have a whole lot more to nerf if they insist on 3 clickers per game to be a thing... for those games to feel like the equivalent of 1.5-1.75 clickers.

Literally the simplest solution would be limiting clickers to 2, applying these stun/splash nerfs and then also limiting range of clickers by giving them worse shell velocities, so that clickers cant in general click over 900-1000 meters and actually have to move a bit to shoot stuff on the other side of the map. Sure they would be able to shoot better over obstacles, but that i wouldnt mind, as it would only become more difficult to shoot at moving targets, and easier to shoot all the hulldown/rock camping tryhards/campers.

PowJay #27 Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38579 battles

All these complaints of arty being the spawn of the devil and yet when I play it, there are times when I don't even do the average damage of a single shell despite firing five, six, or even more.

SPGs are frustrating to play against and frustrating as hell to play with. WG nerfed their performance with 8.6 and I sold most of mine. After trying some new lines, I abandoned those as well. Happy days.

Then WG introduce PMs and I started playing SPGs again. I finished all of the First Campaign PMs and then they introduce the stun mechanic which I didn't play for months because I had no need. Then they start the second campaign and I start playing SPGs again and OMG!

SPGs were traditionally the hard hitters that took down targets like the T95 and VK 4502 B. Now I am lucky if I get 100 HP damage from a tier VIII SPG and then my allies just ding off them while my stun effect wears off. I am frequently being targeted by arty in my lighter and lower-tier vehicles when far more dangerous vehicles are around. I know EXACTLY why, because I do the same in my SPGs because you can at least damage light vehicles.

Arty is totally [edited] and if it were not for the PMs, I would never, ever, ever, ever play or grind them again. EVER. I have finished the SPG (primary) missions for the Excalibur and do, occasionally, play to grind the M53/55 and FV3805, but tbh other than this, my SPG-playing days are over and I would be so glad if they got rid of the PM requirements to play this class.

The latest adjustment doesn't interest me. I don't think I will get the Chimera anyway, so it is a moot point. I might try if the missions are easy enough, but looking at most of them, it isn't going to happen. I think that the suggestion that WG are just going to nerf them until no-one plays them is pretty much spot on.

BR33K1_PAWAH #28 Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6455 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDr_Oolen, on 23 March 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

Not enough. The issue is simple - 3 clickers are unplayable, 2 clickers are borderline acceptable on some maps and if they dont decide to focus you whole game. 

:great:

Reducing amount of clickers, rather than their effectiveness would be way more impactful. The problem is WG peeps are strictly against any bottleneks in the queue, so they don't won't to reduce clickers limit any further.

07:40 Added after 4 minutes

View PostJocMeister, on 23 March 2019 - 07:01 AM, said:

Mmmmmm. Clickerbot tears. My favorite. :trollface:

You should check out the announcement thread then. Get a lifebuoy though or you may drown :trollface:

SuNo_TeSLa #29 Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44073 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
I'd rather have a hard cap at 1 per game and the removal of american arties, but you gotta take what you can get I suppose :)

Corrupted_Pling #30 Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48652 battles
  • [-NEO] -NEO

stuns dont matter, when ur arty direct hits tanks :)

Dr_Oolen #31 Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23358 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostCorrupted_Pling, on 23 March 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

stuns dont matter, when ur arty direct hits tanks :)

Nicely outskilled! I bet you also prevented him from camping quite efficiently and made the game more dynamic for him :)

krismorgan #32 Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35102 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Just remove it from the game and give us our xp and credits back-simple.

vixu #33 Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:40 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44384 battles

I'd prefer it to be removed and compensated with exp and silver, then another nerf like that.

Stun and bigger splash was introduced to compensate for loss of penetration. Now... Now there is no compensation. 

The biggest issue I see however, is FL. Removal of arty will probably change it much to the direction of no-life-grind.

OMG_Abaddon #34 Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11789 battles
  • [BDCP] BDCP

View PostHARTHOLZ, on 23 March 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

Bring Da Old Arty Back !! 0.9.17 !! :arta:

Oneshot arty - First shot doesn't even kill. GG.

ValkyrionX #35 Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50013 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

after seeing various contents and also opinions of well-known youtubers on arty changes I think that I made my own idea.

This change I find the sop for all those who hate arty, too bad that even by changing that way the stun mechanism remains in game as well as the dmg splash even if reduced.

The WG after the 9.18 patch devastated and rendered the arty toxic and useless without asking for real feedback or leaving the test server open for at least 2 months to collect data in a sensible and realistic way.

The same thing is basically going to happen, so the arty will have their final tombstone making this kind of vehicles essentially useless in the hands of 90% of the players.
Keeping a class of vehicles now essentially useless and generally hated by the whole community makes no logical sense.

Taking these vehicles into oblivion makes no sense, now the only sensible thing is their total removal from the game.

the wg with this change will have substantially 2 types of problems:

-the first is that all those who like to play arty will disappear from the game, or at least the survivors of the 9.18 patch do not think they will be happy with this change.

-The personal missions concerning the stun damage and all the missions from the first to the second campaign will not be changed immediately as a result of the modification of the arty, so in substance the wg is telling those who still have to finish certain missions to go f***k themselves and that I'll have to wait maybe months before certain missions are revised.

the wg with this "nerf" shows very well that it has no ideas and a wrong approach to the issue.

Instead of making the arty even more useless and totally irrelevant in the games you could think of something else but the wg decides well to send them forever to hell instead of thinking of giving the unique features like flares or smoke bullets to make this type of vehicles sensible for the unfolding of matches and to ensure that we have tactical advantages and a real utility in the game.

No the wg decides well to keep the vehicles in game making them substantially useless, more than now, to make the community happy, instead of asking for ideas and possible real modifications to make this class of vehicles sensible.

I repeat, this nerf makes no sense, better to remove the arty from the game if the wg has no ideas for this type of vehicles and make them sensible to play.

As usual the wg does and undoes without the community being taken into consideration, without asking for unique and sensible ideas for a class of vehicles that has always been much discussed.

No, the wg decides well instead of keeping vehicles now useless in the game and that after this nerf it won't even make sense to play.

The 9.18 patch was one of the stupidest things ever born from the wg, before the artys made sense, they were damn inaccurate and you were rarely taken directly and even more rarely could they pen your armor, just as the reloading times made sense..no stun ..no splash and other stupid things

Go back on your steps and talk to us players instead of always being one-sided in your choices by doing one bul***it after another as always.

ps:

to me the arty sucks since I set foot in this game, but I don't understand the sense of keeping a class of vehicles after this nerf in the game, remove them altogether or force yourself to make them sensible and make sure you that have an arty in team it can be a real tactical advantage and with really interesting features.

ValkyrionX #36 Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50013 battles
  • [FOXX] FOXX

View PostDr_Oolen, on 23 March 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

So by my estimation the maximum amount of clickers in a game for the game not to be ruined is around the equivalent of 1.5-1.75 current clickers.

These changes are basically something like 15% nerf, but only to the stun aspect of clickers, not on any other annoying aspects. So at best these nerfs would make 2 clicker games fall into the 1.5-1.75 range. And it changes nothing at all about 3 clicker games being unplayable... So yeah, with these changes if they changed limit of clickers per game to 2, then yeah, would be kinda acceptable. But they have a whole lot more to nerf if they insist on 3 clickers per game to be a thing... for those games to feel like the equivalent of 1.5-1.75 clickers.

Literally the simplest solution would be limiting clickers to 2, applying these stun/splash nerfs and then also limiting range of clickers by giving them worse shell velocities, so that clickers cant in general click over 900-1000 meters and actually have to move a bit to shoot stuff on the other side of the map. Sure they would be able to shoot better over obstacles, but that i wouldnt mind, as it would only become more difficult to shoot at moving targets, and easier to shoot all the hulldown/rock camping tryhards/campers.

I disagree, even with 2 arty the game can become really difficult and this clearly depends on the map and the type of tank [and game mode] you are playing.

Clearly with 3 arty I agree, impossible to play, and it is not clear why these wg monkeys insist on not listening to what we have been saying for years.

The only real thing that is sensible is 1 arty per team and that's it, just as it would make more sense to go back to the arty before the 9.18 patch, or totally rework the role they currently have in releasing them from damage and stun damage by giving them bullets like flares or the smoke ones to give something new to random battles up to the CWs.
Making arty useless with this nerf makes no sense, at this point since they have no ideas [and do not ask for our opinion and do not involve us in any way] it would be better to remove them forever and the problem is solved.

edit:

with this nerf the wg proves to have no interesting ideas for the game, in this case a specific class of vahicles, nor to want to involve the community in the least asking for new ideas and avoiding the interactions between players and developers [not moderators] on this forum.

it would be interesting to have some arty that can contribute, even without causing damage, to the execution of matches by creating smoke screens with the appropriate bullet or signaling a strategic position with a signaling flares or having unique commands and settings to signal game events on minimap or still being able to actually damage enemy vehicles with high damage [they are still high-caliber guns] , but with long recharge times and great inaccuracy, as it was before the 9.18 patch when the arty still made sense even for someone like me who will always hate them.

Edited by ValkyrionX, 23 March 2019 - 11:44 AM.

Noo_Noo #37 Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Player
  • 22560 battles

Somethings needs to be done that's for sure. 

I've played a bit of Arty recently for missions and and why not try and get a tier 8 arty for Frontlines? 

I'm playing the S-51 with the 152mm (which I believe is the gun of choice for the S-51) and quite honestly its a bit daft. The only thing that stops you is the map terrain and the mobility to get there. I'm not talking individual boulders but the actual mountains and cities. Other than that its fish in a barrel and I wouldn't even call myself a knowledgeable or decent arty player. 

Sometimes RNG bites but even the map changes that happened in 1.0 simply helps arty. The general flattening of maps etc. 

It needs a serious rethink in my book. Not exactly sure how but it needs something to at least make it interesting to those that like it and rectify the issues that come with it. I've suggested changes in the past that would at least bring it in line with the "rules" that govern normal vehicles but there's obviously no future for any such suggestions made on this forum.

NotRichou #38 Posted 23 March 2019 - 11:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7100 battles
  • [PZF42] PZF42

lol 

good 

death to [edited]

Tyburn #39 Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12993 battles
Haha. My OP leaf will still stay OP.

:)

HundeWurst #40 Posted 23 March 2019 - 12:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 74105 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

The changes dont even get close to far enough....

I also would like to see a timer on how many times you have been stunned in the last xxx seconds. Something like: If you got stunned in the last 90 seconds the next applied stun will be 25% shorter, limiting this factor to 75%...

So griefing a single enemy does not offer that much satisfaction to the enemy any more.

Also tagged with nerf

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users