• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

iztok #21 Posted 25 March 2019 - 07:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

Hi!

> Crew skills/perks for Russian TDs

If you'll start for a tier-10 TD with mid-tier SU-85 and a lot of exp for a second perk, I'd recommend

- starting with "6th sense" and cammo for the rest. This TD line doesn't have decent frontal armor for a long time, so it's better to stay hidden.

- For second skill I'd pick cammo for the commander, "off-road driving" (when I played SU-85, it was useful in more situations than "clutch-braking" , "Snap shot" (again, at my time it did help) and "Repair" for the rest.

- BiA

- Repair for the rest, JoaT, Dead Eye, Situational awareness...

BTW non-turreted TDs with sub-average frontal armor are a PITA to play on prevalent corridor maps. Be prepared for a lot of frustration. :(

BR,  Iztok

Edited by iztok, 25 March 2019 - 07:41 AM.

Laatikkomafia #22 Posted 25 March 2019 - 08:48 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 24 March 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

That's exactly the nonsense to be expected from someone with very little experience in tier 10!

• You've no reply whatsoever to the actual stats of either tanks
  • Your most played tier is 5 which makes you a great authority on tier 10 game play!
  • Your most played nation is the USSR so when you whine about their balance you're either a hypocrite or worse!
  • My win rate in the 268v4 is an indication that it was a good tank but so does my win rate in the old 263. What's your point exactly if you have one?

And that's exactly the nonsense to be expected from someone who is barely above average after 53k rounds played.

-Anyone can find the tank stats via Google. I'd start with "Object 268 version 4 win rate curves".
-Yet with my limited tier 10 experience, I win more often than you.

-And if I hadn't played a single round with the Soviets, you'd say "you can't tell anything about their balance because you haven't played them BabyRage mimimimi". Besides, I don't own the Bobject.
-Your win rate with the Bobject is an indication that you are just biased and don't want your baby toy be nerfed.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #23 Posted 25 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 25 March 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

Yet this "above average" player got better recents than you, actually played the tanks we're talking about and not scared of playing tier 10 and trying things out. It's not one of those tier 4-5 synthetic accounts my dear. So instead of spouting more crap about me and my stats why don't you be constructive and provide some evidence like i did to prove your opinion? And i wouldn't call 44% on the BC winning more not that it matter as all you experience with tier 10 is limited to '750' battles!

Here are the win rates of all tier 10 TDs...

A 1% difference between the 268v4 and the FV4005 for the last month. A tank with very good armor and a tank with no armor at all. Considering the FV was played 3.5 times the battles played in the 268v4 i'd say they're about equal in terms of win rate. This win rate will also keep dropping as it did since the nerf.

Where is the OP in those numbers? It's the 6th played tank by number of battles, you'd think, if you could, that an OP tank should be the most tank played. A invincible tank with god's armor should have a more significant margin than 1%!

How am i biased when i already said that both of them, 268 and 268v4, are bad? Because i actually played the tank and know that it's not that good after the nerf? or because i played it well and have good win rate in it?

I also had a 55% win rate in the old 263, does that mean it was OP and needed a nerf? Your statement about the 268v4 is wrong and you have nothing but unintelligent drivel about my stats to back up your claim!

Laatikkomafia #24 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23265 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Yes, as getting high WN8 with Type 64 is really difficult.

What a surprise. Bobject reaching similar win rate as rare reward tanks gotten by the best players of the server.

But hey, it must be weak because you say so.

Edited by Laatikkomafia, 25 March 2019 - 03:06 PM.

Venom7000 #25 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5422 battles

View Postiztok, on 25 March 2019 - 07:40 AM, said:

Hi!

> Crew skills/perks for Russian TDs

If you'll start for a tier-10 TD with mid-tier SU-85 and a lot of exp for a second perk, I'd recommend

- starting with "6th sense" and cammo for the rest. This TD line doesn't have decent frontal armor for a long time, so it's better to stay hidden.

- For second skill I'd pick cammo for the commander, "off-road driving" (when I played SU-85, it was useful in more situations than "clutch-braking" , "Snap shot" (again, at my time it did help) and "Repair" for the rest.

- BiA

- Repair for the rest, JoaT, Dead Eye, Situational awareness...

BTW non-turreted TDs with sub-average frontal armor are a PITA to play on prevalent corridor maps. Be prepared for a lot of frustration. :(

BR,  Iztok

I hear you brother. I guess the cammo is not a bad start after full repair skill for every crew member. Since the snapshot and the smooth ride help little to the accuracy of the Russian guns, since most are made to be played in close ranges.
P.s- I did not know that snapshot was relevant skill since technically Russian TDs dont have turrets. (shows my inexperience with the game).
But yes like you said I can always retrain.
Also I am ready to get frustrated when fighting cities but its strange as a TD player I dont feel the same weight to carry or win if everything else has gone to shjit. Its like people dont expect you to do well in a city map with no turret. Different story for a Heavy. :)

P.S- guys stop arguing. All of you have legit points. The thing is only down to preference. Obj268v4 is currently above average in terms of stats (that armor helps a lot). But like I said. Its one of those tanks that people get to take a rest from otherwise frustrating MM and tank balancing. Same reason why I still keep my KV2. ;)
The game is made by Russians and you should expect a visible bias towards their own tech. I mean look at any other US based game. They dont try to hide how big of a boner they have for their nation.
IDK how WarThunder is in terms of MM and tank balancing?

Edited by Venom7000, 25 March 2019 - 03:24 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #26 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostLaatikkomafia, on 25 March 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

Yes, as getting high WN8 with Type 64 is really difficult.

I guess playing 2800 battles in the ELC is much worse than playing 52 battles in the type 64. I am also sure those 800 battles in the tier 2 cruiser or the 700 battles in the KV-85 really give you a lot more insight about tier 10 game play!

What a surprise. Bobject reaching similar win rate as rare reward tanks gotten by the best players of the server.

Those are cumulative numbers, they represent the overall win rate before and after the nerf. The correct stats are the recent ones which i already posted above and you conveniently failed to address!

But hey, it must be weak because you say so.

Nope, because numbers say so and because facts say so. You having a different opinion on the matter doesn't change those facts!

XxKuzkina_MatxX #27 Posted 25 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostVenom7000, on 25 March 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

I hear you brother. I guess the cammo is not a bad start after full repair skill for every crew member. Since the snapshot and the smooth ride help little to the accuracy of the Russian guns, since most are made to be played in close ranges.
P.s- I did not know that snapshot was relevant skill since technically Russian TDs dont have turrets. (shows my inexperience with the game).
But yes like you said I can always retrain.
Also I am ready to get frustrated when fighting cities but its strange as a TD player I dont feel the same weight to carry or win if everything else has gone to shjit. Its like people dont expect you to do well in a city map with no turret. Different story for a Heavy. :)

P.S- guys stop arguing. All of you have legit points. The thing is only down to preference. Obj268v4 is currently above average in terms of stats (that armor helps a lot). But like I said. Its one of those tanks that people get to take a rest from otherwise frustrating MM and tank balancing. Same reason why I still keep my KV2. ;)
The game is made by Russians and you should expect a visible bias towards their own tech. I mean look at any other US based game. They dont try to hide how big of a boner they have for their nation.
IDK how WarThunder is in terms of MM and tank balancing?

I think "above average" are the right words for it and honestly i am happy that you reached that conclusion!

People just cry "OP" and "russian bias" without considering the facts and that's okay with me most of the time but not in threads like this when someone is trying to actually do something. Something that will take a lot of time and maybe money to reach a certain tank only to find it "above average"!

Does "BS armor", "only two weaknesses", "simply idiot-proof" show in the tank recent win rate? Does the number of battles played show it's a good tank? Why do people prefer something like the FV over the 268v4 if it's the pinnacle of tier 10 TDs when the FV got no armor at all?

lnfernaI #28 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31752 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 March 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

Does "BS armor", "only two weaknesses", "simply idiot-proof" show in the tank recent win rate? 

That's not the point. Playing stupidly OP and broken tanks makes you worse at the game. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #29 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostlnfernaI, on 25 March 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

That's not the point. Playing stupidly OP and broken tanks makes you worse at the game.

While i don't disagree with your statement i don't see how is that related to this thread. The guy asked for some advice and i am trying to the best of my knowledge to convey a certain experience from playing the tank, that's my point.

As for the 268v4 i personally didn't like the vehicle at all and still resent the decision to replace the old 263 with this crap. The old 263 at least required some technique to play it well while the 268v4 resembles a big RNG slot machine. Whether the enemy pens you or not, whether your gun hits or not, cupola or optics, etc. are a coin flip!

lnfernaI #30 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31752 battles
  • [BBGEU] BBGEU

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 March 2019 - 11:35 PM, said:

While i don't disagree with your statement i don't see how 

We're discussing gameplay of Soviet TD's, are we not?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #31 Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostlnfernaI, on 25 March 2019 - 11:41 PM, said:

We're discussing gameplay of Soviet TD's, are we not?

• Crew skills for the USSR TDs.
  • 268 vs. 268v4 and if they're any good.

Venom7000 #32 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5422 battles
While I have you here mates.
Any suggestions on equipment for SU100??

P.s- how important is the view range in Russian TDs? What I mean by that is if having optics or binos is important since most passive TDs rely on spotting from others rather than their own from the bush. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #33 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

While I have you here mates.
Any suggestions on equipment for SU100??

P.s- how important is the view range in Russian TDs? What I mean by that is if having optics or binos is important since most passive TDs rely on spotting from others rather than their own from the bush. 

Equipment for the SU-100: Rammer, vents and binos.

Some use GLD instead of vents but the aim time will still be high. I think i tried that long ago in the SU-122-44 but didn't see any major improvement.

The gun handling of the russian 122mm is horrible but it hits hard and it hurts when it hits. Causes considerable module damage and requires some APCR since tier 6 sees a lot of tier 8 battles and the standard pen kind of sucks.

View range is always important, you can rely on others to spot to a degree but at some point in the battle you will be forced to do your own spotting.

Venom7000 #34 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5422 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 March 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

Equipment for the SU-100: Rammer, vents and binos.

Some use GLD instead of vents but the aim time will still be high. I think i tried that long ago in the SU-122-44 but didn't see any major improvement.

The gun handling of the russian 122mm is horrible but it hits hard and it hurts when it hits. Causes considerable module damage and requires some APCR since tier 6 sees a lot of tier 8 battles and the standard pen kind of sucks.

View range is always important, you can rely on others to spot to a degree but at some point in the battle you will be forced to do your own spotting.

And should I sell the camo equipment or will it be useful again? Given how low HP RUS TDs are I feel much safer maximizing my camo. :hiding:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #35 Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostVenom7000, on 26 March 2019 - 12:54 AM, said:

And should I sell the camo equipment or will it be useful again? Given how low HP RUS TDs are I feel much safer maximizing my camo. :hiding:

I honestly have no idea! :)

Selling the camo net for 50k credits is not worth it i guess.

Also tagged with TDs, Soviet, Crew, Skills, Perks

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users