[Suggestion] Remove the Gun Rammer equipment. I'll tell you why...

Waste of space Equipment 3rd slot

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36600 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

At first, you're probably thinking "oh boy here we go again..." but, hear me out for a minute -

We all know what a Gun Rammer is and what it does. It reduces the reload time of your guns by 10%, seems like a pretty obvious investment, doesn't it?

Well, that's exactly the issue...no good tanker's loadout comes without a gun rammer, precisely because it's so "useful", however, EVERYBODY uses a Gun Rammer on their tank, and if that's the case then, realistically speaking, it's completely pointless!

If for example, all 30 tanks in a battle have it installed, what difference does it make? Maybe it speeds up the battle by 10%? Seriously?...that's all it does then.

Y'all don't seem to realize that by equipping the Gun Rammer on EVERY tank - apart from autoloaders and maybe a few of your passive scouts - you're missing out on an entire equipment slot! I'd rather use that third slot for something else.

It's a radical idea, but I've been thinking about it for a while now...I'm curious what you guys' thoughts are.

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 63255 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Vstab is more important imo.

arthurwellsley #3 Posted 24 March 2019 - 12:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55872 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Vstab is more important than gun rammer. Every tank that has the ability to mount a Vstab should have it.

Dorander #4 Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21025 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 23 March 2019 - 11:38 PM, said:

Vstab is more important than gun rammer. Every tank that has the ability to mount a Vstab should have it.

Luckily we have three slots.

OP's got a point, any tank that can carry them, is going to carry rammer, vstab and a third option which is going to be either optics or vents depending on tank type and possibility. I slot optics on most tanks, at high tier virtually everything has a sufficiently high base viewrange to benefit from it.

Personally I think equipment is just an attempt to drain credits from the game, not a system to actually customize your tanks.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 77203 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Well then you could make the same argument for vents. Or even optics or binocs for lights etc.

PanzerKFeldherrnhalle #6 Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3713 battles
  • [TIMES] TIMES
Pointless is to use vents, every time, with only one exception: starting off with 80% crews. Then you need vents. Tanks with bad accuracy and aiming times that have vert stabs won't become decent with vents, they aren't noticeable, and that's the only parameter vents could be good for (a little extra boost for the gun handling). Gun rammer, vert stabs and optics is generally speaking the best arrangement.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The equip needs an overhaul in general. It's another boring feature that didn't see any improvements yet. You have your three or four items that you'll find on every tank, the others are completely useless. Same with skills.

Tyburn #8 Posted 24 March 2019 - 08:39 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13025 battles
I think vents are interesting for boosting Camo and Vr. Obviously not by much but every little helps. On a passive LT (Uber rare granted) usually the best stats on a tank are Camo and vr so I personally want to buff those further. The only option in equipment is vents. I’d also run a net and binoculars because, you know, passive spotter.

I’ve actually found going for the unusual in the meta catches people by surprise quite often.

vasilinhorulezz #9 Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29047 battles

First of all, here's an example of having it will benefit you: even if everyone uses it, auto-loading tanks, cannot, that means that you need the extra reload to kill him before he reloads his clip again to finish you off, so yea, having a rammer is actually good in that situation.

Also for your argument, we can apply that logic to pretty much every equipment in the game,

why buy optics and camo-net, since everyone can?

Why put vents to give my tank better overall stats, everyone will do that, so there is no benefit,

etc...

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 24 March 2019 - 03:35 PM.

250swb #10 Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23231 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 23 March 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

It's a radical idea, but I've been thinking about it for a while now...I'm curious what you guys' thoughts are.

It's a radical idea like wanting vinegar, tomato ketchup, HP sauce, mayo, mustard, burger relish, Thousand Island dressing, and mushy peas, all on your chips at the same time. Gordon Ramsey would kick you out his restaurant for even asking. Yes, not having to choose a rammer is great so long as it is replaced with something that still requires players to make an intelligent and reasoned choice, otherwise it's just like garnishing your tank with everything that's free on the side bar. Not a big problem you say,... well it is.

The game is being dumbed down, but if players have to weigh up the merits of choosing either optics or a rammer, then at least at some level the little grey cells will have been activated and the benefits translated into battle. You seem to be saying buffing the reload of most tanks by giving them a rammer automatically will make the game better somehow? No, it will make it worse, the variety in WoT is what makes it interesting, and choosing important equipment should be an element of the players style and ability, not a bland automatic game mechanic. Good grief, you'l be asking for 'Easy', 'Medium', and 'Hard' game modes next.

Sfinski #11 Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39037 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 24 March 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

Dont have it on EBR105 nor 100LT.

Voldemars_Veiss #12 Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33947 battles

View PostSfinski, on 24 March 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Dont have it on EBR105 nor 100LT.

i dont run vstab on t-100lt as well, instead i had rammer, vents, optics. however now i have spent my bonds and i went for improved vents+improved optics on it. was thinking about putting an improved rammer on it as well, but left it on wz5a for now :D

BlackBloodBandit #13 Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10035 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 24 March 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

At first, you're probably thinking "oh boy here we go again..." but, hear me out for a minute -

We all know what a Gun Rammer is and what it does. It reduces the reload time of your guns by 10%, seems like a pretty obvious investment, doesn't it?

Well, that's exactly the issue...no good tanker's loadout comes without a gun rammer, precisely because it's so "useful", however, EVERYBODY uses a Gun Rammer on their tank, and if that's the case then, realistically speaking, it's completely pointless!

If for example, all 30 tanks in a battle have it installed, what difference does it make? Maybe it speeds up the battle by 10%? Seriously?...that's all it does then.

Y'all don't seem to realize that by equipping the Gun Rammer on EVERY tank - apart from autoloaders and maybe a few of your passive scouts - you're missing out on an entire equipment slot! I'd rather use that third slot for something else.

The point of a rammer is not to have better reload then your enemy only. the most important one is to speed up the reload to be able to have more dpm yourself, especially on tanks with longer reload that makes a huge difference. you only compare your own reload to those of others.

sometimes it doesn't matter to have slower reload, as you won't be able to fire at your enemy because you will expose yourself so he or someone else can shoot you, or he isn't spotted anymore etc. but I prefer to use a rammer nearly always. not much other useful options on a lot of tanks.

also, I bet that there are enough bad players that don't use (full) equipment at all.

Wrinkly #14 Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51520 battles

The point of the equipment was to soak up credits, pushing you towards spending money. Why would WG consider removing income?

Edited by Wrinkly, 24 March 2019 - 10:28 AM.

speedphlux #15 Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51013 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

I see the OP point and I agree. It's a "must-have" equipment on all tanks. Even dedicated Scouts that can use it, should mount it. Coz you never know when you're gonna have to carry in an uncomfortable tank for carrying. So in that sense, removing the Gun Rammer, would make tanks more unique and individualistic per their player preferences. But then again, I can see "Vents, Vert. Stab and Optics" to become the new norm of course, which again rolls us into the "all tanks are equipped the same" sorta mood. Perhaps add the Vents to the removal list as well ? I'm just thinking out loud, don't bash me.

As for Vertical Stabilizer being more useful and higher on the "must-have" degree - I disagree. My Leo 1 doesn't have it. My M48 Patton doesn't have it. On most of my Light Tanks, I choose to go with Gun Rammer, Optics and Vents to maximize DPM and View Range. Makes much more sense to me in the way I use my tanks.

While "to each their own" seems to apply for the Vert Stab, I don't see people dropping the Gun Rammer any time soon.

Laatikkomafia #16 Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:39 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 23369 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If Rammer was removed, pretty much all tanks would have a single set of equipment with no decision-making.

HTs: Vstab/GLD, Vents, Optics

MTs: Vstab/GLD, Vents, Optics

TDs: GLD, Vents, Binos

LTs: Vstab/GLD, Vents, Optics

Clickers: GLD, Vents, Camp net.

Obsessive_Compulsive #17 Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 28763 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 24 March 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

But they do not. I am often aware of fighting vs the same tank and having higher dpm.

Dr_Oolen #18 Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23922 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I actually do agree - if there is an option that is always chosen and that everyone uses then it no longer is an option but should be a baseline feature (or shouldnt exist in the first place, if its the sort of thing that rammer does).

The equipment needs a massive overhaul.

Obviously rammer, vstabs and optics are all of about the same power level. Id say vstabs and rammer are pretty equal against each other. Optics less so. Then far back there are vents, ever further back gld and binos, then camo net, toolbox and spall liner and the rest is useless.

- Coated optics could get additional bonus, like "spotted tanks are spotted for additional 2 seconds"

- Vents could be changed to "crew protection measures" and give the  vents bonus (+5% to all crew), and the spall liner crew related bonus (something like 50% lower chance for crew to get knocked out) and reduce the effectiveness of stun or its length by 20%

- all of the useless module hitpoints equipment could be combined together into "internal module protection measures" - so something like +75% to all internal modules hitpoints (engine, ammorack, fueltanks, radio, transmission) and 50% lower chance of fire on hitting the engine + on top of that it would get the HE damage mitigation bonus from spall liners

- gld, camo net and binos could all be combined into the "redlining sniper package" - except camo net and binos would get nerfed and gld buffed - binos would only give +15% VR, camo wouldnt get flat 10% camo bonus, but would increase the camo by 15% (multiplier), so that it wouldnt give superheavies 10% camo, but like 1%, and give high camo tanks not 10%, but something like 6%, and gld could be nerfed to 10% aimtime, but additionally give 10% buff to accuracy (obviously all of this would only start working only some 2s after stopping the tank)

- all the suspension/toolbox stuff could get combines to "improved external protection measures" - so would give something like +20% to load capacity, +50% to external modules hitpoints (gun, viewport, tracks, turret), +25% faster repair speed, reduce damage from falling/ramming, -20% terrain resistance on soft ground and -10% on medium ground.

Then you could add something that buffs performance of mechanical parts, something like +10% to engine power, turret rotation speed, hull traverse speed, hitpoints, radio range, top speed.

Lanrefni #19 Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 38555 battles
  • [RU-EX] RU-EX
I disagree. WIthout rammer, all the tanks which have DPM instead of alpha lose their potential.

NekoPuffer_PPP #20 Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:25 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 36600 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Post250swb, on 24 March 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

You seem to be saying buffing the reload of most tanks by giving them a rammer automatically will make the game better somehow? No, it will make it worse, the variety in WoT is what makes it interesting, and choosing important equipment should be an element of the players style and ability, not a bland automatic game mechanic. Good grief, you'l be asking for 'Easy', 'Medium', and 'Hard' game modes next.

I said no such thing. I said the gun rammer on all 30 tanks in a battle (for example) wouldn't change anything, it would just make the game faster, possibly...that does not mean I suggested a base reload buff for all tanks, not at all. I'd be happy with longer-lasting battles, I'm sure most will agree, a battle which ends in 3 minutes is no fun, let's make it end in 4 minutes instead. :P ...you see what I mean, right?

We do need more variety. 3 or 4 equipment which are simply better than all the rest, therefore used on most if not all tanks, is not variety... Just take a look at World of Warplanes' equipment system, it got overhauled last year and is completely different than before - equipment can be upgraded and calibrated (fine tuned) by using scrap found randomly during battle, and each plane has a different slot loadout for the equipment they can use, for the cockpit, the hull/wings, the engine, the guns, and even for the bomb mounts. Each equipment has a positive and a negative effect too, but the negatives can be minimised by calibrating them with a perk which counters the negative effect.

Stop being so negative dude...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users